The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    norm wrote:
    brown is not a good coach...x's and o's maybe but motivation and reading players isn't his thing...everything i envisioned when he was hired has more or less happened

he lost me when he dumped the triangle as teh primary offense
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    brown is not a good coach...x's and o's maybe but motivation and reading players isn't his thing...everything i envisioned when he was hired has more or less happened

I have been wondering why he did that too. He had a team that was very competent at running it. Had he adapted it, I think it would've been better for both sides. That is really a great offense. I was reading up on it in depth the other day and it's no wonder why it works so well.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

I have been wondering why he did that too. He had a team that was very competent at running it. Had he adapted it, I think it would've been better for both sides. That is really a great offense. I was reading up on it in depth the other day and it's no wonder why it works so well.

i get if he went to MN and had a young team that couldn't run it, but to go to a tean laden with vets that had more or less masterd it....foolish move.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    dcfaithful wrote:

you can't coach what you don't know ...

i also don't think the triangle offense works when you have a scoring big that posts up ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

i also don't think the triangle offense works when you have a scoring big that posts up ...

let bryant run the offense then. they had all been it for years...well, most of them have.

but one of the keys is tossing the ball into the post
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    polaris_x wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

we won 2 titles with bynum, gasol and lamar...but you're right that brown probably couldn't learn it quick enough to start the season

also, if the lakers picked b shaw to be coach, we probably wouldn't be in this position
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
    A great rivalry and one of the most alltime I think with 20 playoff series. A must win for the Celtics to get this series over with for some rest. Let's go RONDO you are the leader of this now rock the house.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Funny how Wade's knee/leg issues surface after he has a couple of shitty games. More unlikable by the day...
    Hey norm, can you swing by staples and turn on the lights
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,513
    sixers-logo.gif?w=300&h=298
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:

it does seem usually dark :?
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

it does seem usually dark :?

i like how they dim the lights there. wish the sixers did that.

i'm assuming they have some sort of agreement with the clippers that they have to have more lights on or something to make it seem like a different atmosphere than a lakers game?
    www.myspace.com
    i'm assuming they have some sort of agreement with the clippers that they have to have more lights on or something to make it seem like a different atmosphere than a lakers game?

when games were at the forum, the crowd was always darkened...when they moved to this dump, they lit the crowd...i guess they' went back to low light at some point...honestly, until tonight i hadn't really noticed

and the clippers light their crowd to prove they actually have fans :lol:
    norm wrote:

when games were at the forum, the crowd was always darkened...when they moved to this dump, they lit the crowd...i guess they' went back to low light at some point...honestly, until tonight i hadn't really noticed

yeah i figured they do it at staples to make it look like the old forum a bit. kinda makes it appear the game is on a bigger stage when the crowd is dimmed.

the spectrum was dimmed like that too. i hate how the wells fargo is all lit up all the time.

for some reason i pay close attention to stupid stuff like this. i even emailed the sixers and told them to dim the lights a while back. just looks cooler :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    westbrook = pussy
  • perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 2,023
    norm wrote:
    westbrook = pussy
    100% agree.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    norm wrote:
    westbrook = pussy
    Metta World Douche Bag kneeing him. Always keeping it classy.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,762
    Newch91 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    westbrook = pussy

Kind of ironic that someone who gave themsleves the name of World Peace, is any thing but PEACEFUL> :lol:
    cutz wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    westbrook = pussy

Kind of ironic that someone who gave themsleves the name of World Peace, is any thing but PEACEFUL> :lol:
    :lol: That's what I said when I heard he first changed his name.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    westbrook = pussy

I thought it looked like Russell hit the back of his leg forcing it to buckle... :?

Great game overall. That was down to the final shot.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    sixers-logo.gif?w=300&h=298

Those were some big shots made by Iguodala! I wish I could've seen more than just the highlights. I'm looking forward to more games in this series. The Sixers aren't giving up, that's for sure.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    norm wrote:

yeah i figured they do it at staples to make it look like the old forum a bit. kinda makes it appear the game is on a bigger stage when the crowd is dimmed.

the spectrum was dimmed like that too. i hate how the wells fargo is all lit up all the time.

for some reason i pay close attention to stupid stuff like this. i even emailed the sixers and told them to dim the lights a while back. just looks cooler :lol:

EnergySolutions Arena is like that too, but I think it's part of the design. I've heard commentators pass on what they hear from players about playing in that arena and that it feels like the crowd is on top of you. When you're in the arena and watching a game, it does feel a little like you're perched up above the court.

Arenas definitely go for an atmosphere, I think. Didn't MSG used to dim the lights during Knick games? I noticed that the other day that it looked like all the lights on and could've sworn they used to use lower lighting...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Clips suck
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The clippers once again living up to their legacy
    24 nothing run. Painful to watch from a clipper darrell perspective. I was like maybe vinny should call a time out.

I can't remember a run that lopsided.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    81 wrote:
    24 nothing run. Painful to watch from a clipper darrell perspective. I was like maybe vinny should call a time out.

I can't remember a run that lopsided.

I've never seen that big of a change in play within one game before. I thought the Clips would at least be able to take one game :fp: Maybe SA vs OKC will be an entertaining battle. Wish there hadn't been any injuries this postseason because the Eastern conf series have sucked so far. Debating buying tickets for the Heat/Pacers game tomorrow :think:
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
    Was the Clippers game on TV?
    Newch91 wrote:
    Espn if memory serves
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Espn if memory serves
    Really? I must have missed it. It was on at 7?
    Newch91 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Espn if memory serves
    Really? I must have missed it. It was on at 7?
    Day night double header in la. Clips tipped off around 2:30 central
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg