The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    It really is amazing how this team has pulled it together the last month. They look like they are primed to kick some ass in the playoffs. Whatever happens next year is irrelevant at this point. Whatever happened earlier in the season with Danny "potentially" trading Wondo or Pierce is irrelevant at this point. All that matters is finishing strong and playing solid defense in the playoffs.

Also, has anyone made the connection between Bron' increased baldness and the size of his headband increasing? He should just shave it all off. He looks like a douche.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Also, has anyone made the connection between Bron' increased baldness and the size of his headband increasing? He should just shave it all off. He looks like a douche.
    :lol::lol:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    It really is amazing how this team has pulled it together the last month. They look like they are primed to kick some ass in the playoffs. Whatever happens next year is irrelevant at this point. Whatever happened earlier in the season with Danny "potentially" trading Wondo or Pierce is irrelevant at this point. All that matters is finishing strong and playing solid defense in the playoffs.

really ... outside of popovich ... doc rivers is coach of the year to me ... the way he's handled KG's minutes is really sheer brilliance ... and this team is playing team basketball ... extra passes ... and defending ... biggest concern come playoffs will be rebounding tho ... allen off the bench is also a great move ...
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    polaris_x wrote:

really ... outside of popovich ... doc rivers is coach of the year to me ... the way he's handled KG's minutes is really sheer brilliance ... and this team is playing team basketball ... extra passes ... and defending ... biggest concern come playoffs will be rebounding tho ... allen off the bench is also a great move ...

no love for Thibs?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    no love for Thibs?

my rank would be:

1. pop
    2. doc
    3. casey (really, you have to follow the team to know how good of a job he has done)
    4. thibs
    5. brooks
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    edited April 2012
    polaris_x wrote:

I agree completely. Doc is a great coach, and has proved it this year. Watching that game last night, I was really enjoying the way Boston plays together. Good unselfish plays and patience for the right look.

On your point about Popovich, I think he's definitely one of, if not the best coach int he league right now. The way his teams consistently, and are usually quiet in staying on top in the West is impressive. How he handles Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker is sheer brilliance to me as well. The other night when the Spurs were in SLC, their big three didn't even make the trip. Resting up his big names, and he almost pulled it off with a win. They've always had a good program in SA under Popovich.
    Post edited by dcfaithful on
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    81 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

no love for Corbin?

fixed. :mrgreen:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    you have to make the playoffs to have a shot at coach of the year. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

:lol: ... yeah ... like i said - you have to follow them to know how good of a job he's done ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    81 wrote:

:lol: ... yeah ... like i said - you have to follow them to know how good of a job he's done ...
    :lol: This is true.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    As if I didn't hate Wade enough already. What a scumbag...

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamihe ... ompensated

If it's too taxing on your body, then deny the opportunity to play.

Otherwise, have some respect for the game of basketball and your country for that matter and just go play because it would be an honor to represent your country on an Olympic level.

Just my opinion, of course.

What REALLY disappoints me is that Ray Allen shares the same opinion as Wade.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL

Maybe with the extra money, he could keep his nephew from getting shot
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    dcfaithful wrote:

If it's too taxing on your body, then deny the opportunity to play.

Otherwise, have some respect for the game of basketball and your country for that matter and just go play because it would be an honor to represent your country on an Olympic level.

Just my opinion, of course.

What REALLY disappoints me is that Ray Allen shares the same opinion as Wade.

Exactly. If you don't like it, don't fucking play. I used to not mind Wade. He has really turned into a whiny, little bitch. I love how badly he gets booed in his hometown when he comes to play the Bulls these days.

SHOCKED that Ray Allen said the same thing. I always though he was one of the classier guys in the league.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    wade's salary

Season Team Salary
    2003–04 Miami $2,636,400
    2004–05 Miami $2,834,160
    2005–06 Miami $3,031,920
    2006–07 Miami $3,841,443
    2007–08 Miami $13,041,250
    2008–09 Miami $14,410,581
    2009–10 Miami $15,779,912
    2010–11 Miami $14,000,000

fuck you dwayne...either play for your country or fuck off
    norm wrote:
    wade's salary

Season Team Salary
    2003–04 Miami $2,636,400
    2004–05 Miami $2,834,160
    2005–06 Miami $3,031,920
    2006–07 Miami $3,841,443
    2007–08 Miami $13,041,250
    2008–09 Miami $14,410,581
    2009–10 Miami $15,779,912
    2010–11 Miami $14,000,000

fuck you dwayne...either play for your country or fuck off
    Agreed. Ray Allen really disappointed me very much saying the same thing. One of my favorite players.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Cs win again on the 2nd night of a back-to-back. 11-3 in their last 14 games. Another triple-double from Wondo. 2 games out of the 3seed. Now we get Raptors, Nets, Bobcats and Knicks on the road. I could see this team winning its last 8 games of the reg season. This train keeps rolling.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Good article about how the Spurs play such beautifully, fundamental basketball, and are somewhat disliked because of it. Personally, I love their style of play:

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/features/s ... ef:nbahpt1
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    :wave: RW
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Good article about how the Spurs play such beautifully, fundamental basketball, and are somewhat disliked because of it. Personally, I love their style of play:

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/features/s ... ef:nbahpt1
    Fuck ginobli :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    :wave: RW
    :lol:
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Exactly. If you don't like it, don't fucking play. I used to not mind Wade. He has really turned into a whiny, little bitch. I love how badly he gets booed in his hometown when he comes to play the Bulls these days.

Wade is a real bitch..My dislike of him has long surpassed LBJ. The moment that started the downhill roll....Watching a game and he's driving to the basket, goes up to dunk(gets it down), the defender bumped him, and the momentum carried him into the first few rows and kinda bumps into a fan...The fan puts his hand up for the high 5 and Wade does this "I just done something awesome" stare into space and ignores the guy. It was sorta funny at first but I realized the guy is so caught up in himself that he prolly didn't even realize makin that fan look like big dork.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,918
    DewieCox wrote:

Wade is a real bitch..My dislike of him has long surpassed LBJ. The moment that started the downhill roll....Watching a game and he's driving to the basket, goes up to dunk(gets it down), the defender bumped him, and the momentum carried him into the first few rows and kinda bumps into a fan...The fan puts his hand up for the high 5 and Wade does this "I just done something awesome" stare into space and ignores the guy. It was sorta funny at first but I realized the guy is so caught up in himself that he prolly didn't even realize makin that fan look like big dork.

I don't watch a ton of NBA (other than my hometown jazz), but last night's game was very entertaining. very. :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    I don't watch a ton of NBA (other than my hometown jazz)

Damn straight. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    hey dc/imalive ... any word on milsap tonite?

i'm in the finals of my fantasy league and it is super tight now ... i need to know if he's healthy and if he's playing! ... :lol::lol:
    edited April 2012
    polaris_x wrote:
    hey dc/imalive ... any word on milsap tonite?

i'm in the finals of my fantasy league and it is super tight now ... i need to know if he's healthy and if he's playing! ... :lol::lol:

Utah's website says Millsap's current status is "day-to-day". Whether he plays tonight or not, I'm not sure.

Injuries happened to the Jazz last season down the stretch. We currently have six players injured. I'm just hoping that they can continue to handle it like they have. The guys that are healthy need to really step-up for the remaining games.

Evans is doubtful for the weekend games.
    Watson is not with team and out indefinitely.
    CJ is not with the team.
    Bell is out.
    Howard is "most likely" out for the season and will be getting knee surgery.
    Millsap... day-to-day.
    Post edited by dcfaithful on
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Utah's website says Millsap's current status is "day-to-day". Whether he plays tonight or not, I'm not sure.

Injuries happened to the Jazz last season down the stretch. We currently have six players injured. I'm just hoping that they can continue to handle it like they have. The guys that are healthy need to really step-up for the remaining games.

ughhhh ... thanks

i better bench him for isiah thomas ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

ughhhh ... thanks

i better bench him for isiah thomas ...

Thomas has been pretty good as of late, right? I know that he's been stealing Fredette's minutes.

For now, I am glad the Jazz didn't draft Jimmer. But I might eat my own words in a few years.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Thomas has been pretty good as of late, right? I know that he's been stealing Fredette's minutes.

For now, I am glad the Jazz didn't draft Jimmer. But I might eat my own words in a few years.

nba is a different game ... jimmer will have to find his niche similar to what jj reddick is doing ... and hopefully, he doesn't become like a adam morrison ... gordon hayward is looking great for you guys tho ...