Options

EDDIE VEDDER ANNOUNCES 2011 US TOUR

Comments

• Options
    Hi friends - I am also looking for two tickets to Philly. This would be my first night away and first concert since becoming a parent over a year ago... wow, would that be great. I'd like to take along my gal pal (sorry, hubby! :) ) who has been my PJ/EV buddy since WAAAAAY back in the day. We have tried all this week and are so sad not to have tickets. I would be extremely grateful for the opportunity to pay the real price for tickets. We can't afford more right now and of course wouldn't support the scalpers, etc. Just thought it was worth a try mentioning here (I think you can send me my own message). Thanks for listening.
    "Shoe the shoeless!" -EV
  • Options
    NickDCNickDC Washington, DC Posts: 7
    I had the same problem with getting Philly tickets. I tried to get them 3 times (Fan Club #1, Fan Club #2, and Live Nation this morning). Each time, I couldn't get a single seat. I was on the website exactly at 10am. This doesn't make sense to me. I've never had this problem with 10C before.
  • Options
    I am so thrilled! I just got my tickets for Eddie's show in Detroit @ The Fox Theatre!

This will be my first time seeing Eddie in concert, and I'm so excited...counting down the days til June 26!!!!
  • Options
    StevieG73StevieG73 Dublin, Ireland and New Brunswick, Canada Posts: 443
    For those of you that have been to Eddie's shows before, how is it in regards to getting a poster of the show? same as a PJ show? Limited quantities so you have to be early?

Managed to get a ticket to the Boston show...
    2000 = Montreal 
    2003 = Montreal
    2005 = Halifax, St. John's Night 1
    2008 = NYC Night 1, 
    2010 = Boston
    2011 = EV - Boston, PJ20 Night 1&2, Toronto
    2012 = EV - Orlando Night 1&2
    2013 = Chicago, Worcester Night 1
    2016 = Boston '16
  • Options
    thatbeatthatbeat Posts: 34
    Got screwed too, tried all 3xs and was shut out. How is this possible?
    Upset as a fan, not at 10c EV or PJ, just pissed I won't have the experience.

I Would NEVER buy tixs off eBay or stubhub. So I lose.

Tinroofecho.bandcamp.com
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    For those of you who haven't gotten tickets, keep trying the Ticketmaster website every day until the day of the show. On at least 3 separate occasions, I've gotten tickets for shows that were "sold out". As it gets closer to the show date, they release more tickets.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    I am so thrilled! I just got my tickets for Eddie's show in Detroit @ The Fox Theatre!

This will be my first time seeing Eddie in concert, and I'm so excited...counting down the days til June 26!!!!

You're going to love it! Congrats!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    thatbeat wrote:

Personally, I would not count off ebay at all. I've purchased tickets from there from people with buy it nows at face, below face, and slightly above face (within $20).
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Better Dan wrote:
    thatbeat wrote:

Personally, I would not count off ebay at all. I've purchased tickets from there from people with buy it nows at face, below face, and slightly above face (within $20).

Agreed. I've bought tickets on two separate occasions from sellers only looking to sell at face. AND one of the sellers returned money back to me when the auction went beyond face. Very good experience both times.
  • Options
    SM228170SM228170 Posts: 24
    Just spent 30 minutes as a data entry clerk with no luck for San Diego... What a scam TM is and the entire ticket agency conspiracy... :twisted:
    Warfield Theater - May 15, 1992, Greek Theatre - Oct 31, 1993, Merriweather Post Pavilion - Sep 24, 1996 Merriweather Post Pavilion -Sep 18, 1998, RFK Stadium - Jun 14, 1998, Shoreline Amphitheatre - Oct 31, 2000, MGM Grand - Jun 06, 2003, Bill Graham Civic Auditorium -Jul 16, 2006, Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 18, 2006, Zellerbach Hall April 07, 2008 (EV) Gibson Amphitheater - Sep 30, 2009, Gibson Amphitheater - Oct 01, 2009 Aloha Stadium - Dec 09, 2006, Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009 Copley Symphony Hall - July 05, 2011 (EV)
  • Options
    ForceofNature101ForceofNature101 Posts: 1,198
    edited April 2011
    I got tix for the Wiltern Theater in LA!! 10c presales rock!

I love it - seeing my favorite artist at my favorite venue :)
    Post edited by ForceofNature101 on
  • Options
    My wife got in at 10:00 and they were already sold out. Not even 10:01. Congrads to those who scored, but how the fuck can you you get through the minute it goes on sale and be shut out?
    When FASCISM Comes To America
    it will be wrapped in the FLAG and
    carrying a CROSS.
  • Options
    heartdesireheartdesire Posts: 430
    My wife got in at 10:00 and they were already sold out. Not even 10:01. Congrads to those who scored, but how the fuck can you you get through the minute it goes on sale and be shut out?

It is incredible. I am really pissed.

I know PJ fought ticketmaster years ago - is it time for fans to?

It is absolutely incredible that these scumbags get away with this. I can't even comprehend it.
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:

I don't get it either. I just pulled up two 4th row Balcony seats. Had to throw them back because it's a school night. WTF is going on with the LA show? Man I'm pissed.
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,935
  • Options
    No fan club for the second shows?
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me.."
  • Options
    GrandmaGrandma Posts: 259
    I totally don't get TM. I got on at 11 for the SB show, nothing available, not even singles. Tried for 10 min. at 11:30 I decide to give it another try - bingo. After a few tries I scored 1 in the pit - way to the left side, but still!!! Meanwhile pairs started showing up too - better than the pair I got yesterday on the presale ( when I read the map upside down in my excitement to see section 'C' -- turns out the map is oriented differently than the Wiltern map was )!
    So - just keep trying. Maybe they offered them to scalpers first?
  • Options
    My awesome friends scored me tix for the 1st Seattle show. Thank you wildchildrose. :-)
    Right Where It Belongs
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Grandma wrote:
    No.
    They actually delay the sale to thwart the scalper software.

People need to understand that Tm hates scalpers. They are making extra $$ off their product. TM wants that money for itself. Hence higher prices and ticketsnow.
  • Options
    My awesome friends scored me tix for the 1st Seattle show. Thank you wildchildrose. :-)

You're welcome. I wish it wasn't such a freaking nightmare to get tickets though.
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me.."
  • Options
    GrandmaGrandma Posts: 259
    edited April 2011
    Get_Right wrote:
    Grandma wrote:
    No.
    They actually delay the sale to thwart the scalper software.

People need to understand that Tm hates scalpers. They are making extra $$ off their product. TM wants that money for itself. Hence higher prices and ticketsnow.

Interesting. That would explain the delay - saw the same thing yesterday for the presale. Based on the tickets on ebay it's not working well!

Wonder if that's also why the seat positions seem so random - not front to back , left to right like it always used to seem to be (and an ex-ticketmaster programmer informed me). I know people throw seats back, but still seems odd how they're jumping around so much.

After 4 very stressful days I will now Just Breathe....
    Post edited by Grandma on
  • Options
    RL260053RL260053 Posts: 1
    I was able to get tickets for Philly all three times...you just had to keep trying.
  • Options
    RL260053 wrote:
    I was able to get tickets for Philly all three times...you just had to keep trying.

I tried my ass off all three times and got squat...do you work at the Philly box office or what? Are you willing to part with a pair? I'll gladly purchase your worst set...drop me an email...tbgou@hotmail.com
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,451
    SJ34850 wrote:
    RL260053 wrote:

I tried my ass off all three times and got squat...do you work at the Philly box office or what? Are you willing to part with a pair? I'll gladly purchase your worst set...drop me an email...tbgou@hotmail.com
    PM them...u should take off your email address....
  • Options
    BoltOfLightnin'BoltOfLightnin' South Jersey Posts: 708
    RL260053 wrote:

Well, I kept trying and didn't get any for any shows...fuck, I'm STILL trying...
    No time to be void or save up on life...you've got to spend it all.
  • Options
    If anyone would like to swap 2 extra LA tix for 2 Santa Barbara tix, message me! :)
    ~I can't be free with what's locked inside of me~
  • Options
    LH225964LH225964 Posts: 20
    I will trade a single ticket for Portland 7/14, for a single ticket for Seattle 7/15.

PM me if interested. : )
  • Options
    ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    If anyone would like to swap 2 extra LA tix for 2 Santa Barbara tix, message me! :)
    LH225964 wrote:
    I will trade a single ticket for Portland 7/14, for a single ticket for Seattle 7/15.

PM me if interested. : )

i started a ticket trade thread in the "Given To Fly" forum

.....in case anyone is interested :)
  • Options
    Thanks! :)
    ~I can't be free with what's locked inside of me~