Options

New Eddie Vedder Record and DVD Coming May 31

Comments

• Options
    jhinkle1114jhinkle1114 Posts: 207
    Ok this is kinda cool. I ordered the CD version and just got a email to download the digital files. Which I promptly did ;)

If its a mistake, well thanks Ten Club.

Got the same! Very happy as I head out of the country for 3 weeks tomorrow and now I can put the MP3s on my iPod for the trip since the CD wouldn't be here before I leave tomorrow most likely.
    2000: Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, DC
    2008: DC, Ed DC II
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    Fatal wrote:
    Actually we are punished. The release date was moved to June 28th for the blu-ray when everyone can get it today. Price means nothing to me.

I'm with you on this one...a few bucks means nothing...i just want to have the CD and Blu-ray in my hands today and that seems like its being far more difficult than it should be.

I do agree with that fact. Heck, I didn't pre-order it because I wanted to be gauranteed to have them and best buy practically has that. The BB employee discount doesn't hurt either. :mrgreen:
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    Maybe if everyone cancels and gets it cheaper they will think twice before giving in to releasing something in stores a month before they release it to their fan club members.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,260
    Just got the Blu-ray and the CD from Best Buy (used the e-coupon too!)

Gonna be a good night! :D
  • Options
    FatalFatal Posts: 821
    I do agree with that fact. Heck, I didn't pre-order it because I wanted to be gauranteed to have them and best buy practically has that. The BB employee discount doesn't hurt either. :mrgreen:

I didn't pre-order thru 10C either (other than the vinyl)...i pre-ordered thru amazon.ca (CD and Blu-ray). Everything seemed to be on target as of this morning but now the site is showing 1-2 week delays.

All i'm saying is that this is more of a hastle than it has to be.
    Shows: Montreal 98, Barrie 98, Montreal 00, Montreal 03, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Toronto 06, Vancouver Night 1 08 (EV), Vancouver Night 2 08 (EV), MSG1 08, MSG2 08, Montreal Night 2 08 (EV), Toronto Night 1 08 (EV), Toronto 09, Hartford 11 (EV), Ottawa 11, Ottawa 16, Ottawa 22.

• Options
    Fatal wrote:

I didn't pre-order thru 10C either (other than the vinyl)...i pre-ordered thru amazon.ca (CD and Blu-ray). Everything seemed to be on target as of this morning but now the site is showing 1-2 week delays.

You won't be getting it(blu-ray) anytime soon from Amazon. Others have said between July 1-6 from Amazon.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    You won't be getting it(blu-ray) anytime soon from Amazon. Others have said between July 1-6 from Amazon.

That sucks.

Guess i'll have to try my luck with HMV tonight.
    Shows: Montreal 98, Barrie 98, Montreal 00, Montreal 03, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Toronto 06, Vancouver Night 1 08 (EV), Vancouver Night 2 08 (EV), MSG1 08, MSG2 08, Montreal Night 2 08 (EV), Toronto Night 1 08 (EV), Toronto 09, Hartford 11 (EV), Ottawa 11, Ottawa 16, Ottawa 22.

• Options
    Fatal wrote:

That sucks.

Guess i'll have to try my luck with HMV tonight.

That's your best bet. I ended up cancelling my 10 Club order and got it at Best Buy today.
    Member 164xxx

More to Come....
  • Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    I guess I was one of the few lucky ones. I got my CD on Saturday and my e-mail for the downloads today. So, while the $4 difference is there, I guess that's what I paid for listening to it for a few extra days with no need to run to the store PLUS the downloads. Not really an issue, as the hassle factor wasn't there for me.

I didn't pre-order the blu-ray b/c I didn't want to wait until the end of the month for my CD (since they said they'd ship together). I guess it's just lucky I didn't. But, on the other hand, there was no reason to "pre" order it more than a week or so before the release date (which is what I did with the CD).

Quite frankly, I must always be one of the few lucky ones, as I've never had the issues with 10C that others have had.

Regardless, enjoy the music! Can't wait for the show.

Just figured I'd post 1 "good" story on the pre-order. TY 10C.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    Vinyl on the way from 10C

cd, Blu Ray and DVD just purchased at Best Buy. That offer was too good to pass up
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Fatal wrote:

i just checked my order with them and it says still the estimated shipping date is today ... :(
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    i just checked my order with them and it says still the estimated shipping date is today ... :(

Now it looks like they are getting the CD ready to ship today, but no update on the Blu-ray...i'm just going to cancel the blu-ray thru them and try and pick it up at HMV.

• Options
    jmkjmk Posts: 425
    Just finished listening to the new album. Great first listen together with my wife. Thanks Ed for releasing this! And thanks Ten Club for delivering the mp3's for the vinyl pre-order on time! I burned them to a cd-r and listened through the stereo. Amazing album! Waiting for the dvd and vinyl to arrive...
    Stockholm - 07/07/2012
  • Options
    naftalkanaftalka Posts: 2
    Allright so its May 31st today...
    i got my Uke Songs and Water DVD and run home excited which reminded me highschool times when every new album at home was celebrated and listened all the time:)
    So I run home, played with my kid, sung lullaby for her and when she felt asleep i took my time with a glass of wine and new albums. Love albums are tricky. Love as a subject can be pathetic, funny...You managed to sing about love in an honest and straight way...This is the love we all know.
    Thanks!
    And hey, my 1.5 year daughter can pronounce Eddie starting from today:)
    Cheers!
    n
    natalia
  • Options
    naftalkanaftalka Posts: 2
    btw when are you coming to Poland again?
    natalia
  • Options
    Kinda feel burned, By being a 10c member, I paid more for the blu ray and the cd than is being paid retail at Best Buy. I also have to wait another month to receive both. Am I missing something here? :?:
    Formerly: "Nytrostarss"
  • Options
    CornishManCornishMan Cornwall, UK Posts: 444
    Got to say that is awesome of the 10C to send out download links to those of us that preordered the CD. We knew it was happening for those that ordered the vinyl... but a really nice surprise for those of us who bought the CD.

Living in Europe where it will take about 4 weeks for the CD to arrive, I really, really appreciate getting that link. Many thanks 10C. :)
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022.
  • Options
    CornishMan wrote:
    Got to say that is awesome of the 10C to send out download links to those of us that preordered the CD. We knew it was happening for those that ordered the vinyl... but a really nice surprise for those of us who bought the CD.

Living in Europe where it will take about 4 weeks for the CD to arrive, I really, really appreciate getting that link. Many thanks 10C. :)

It was a cool surprise. Downloaded and on to Itunes no problem. When I first saw the e-mail I thought it was the shipping confirmation but still waiting for that :( . I've never pre-ordered anything from 10C before and thought I would give it a try but does seem a long time for delivery. Looking forward to the DVD.
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds
  • Options
    PilateOfTheStormPilateOfTheStorm Posts: 4,319
    CornishMan wrote:

It was a cool surprise. Downloaded and on to Itunes no problem. When I first saw the e-mail I thought it was the shipping confirmation but still waiting for that :( . I've never pre-ordered anything from 10C before and thought I would give it a try but does seem a long time for delivery. Looking forward to the DVD.

another middlesbrough fan :wave:
    heyy!

yeah i preordered the songbook from 10c and i know that it wont be here til july at least
    always takes at least 4-6 weeks for me

waiting for amazon to deliver my cd so i can listen
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,416
    Got mine from Best Buy today! WINNING!
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    CornishManCornishMan Cornwall, UK Posts: 444
    CornishMan wrote:

I'm surprised you haven't had the shipping confirmation yet. I had my 10C shipping confirmation e-mail back on Wednesday last week for the CD. I haven't had shipping e-mail for the songbook yet (but that wasn't expected until June sometime anyway).

I'm just thrilled that we can download and listen to it while we wait for it to arrive! :)
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    i've received no shipping email but i did receive the download

either way, i'm not bothered...it will get here and when it does i will enjoy it
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Picked up the CD yesterday, and have been playing it in my car. Getting more and more into it, much more than I did the 'preview'

Not managed to find the DVD yet, although it has been close - HMV said their delivery hadn't arrived yesterday because it was a bank holiday - but they are expecting it any time soon :D
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    I don't know why people even order goods from tenclub anymore.....after ordering backspacer and not getting it till way after it was released to the general public and not receiving promised mp3's of live shows after ordering The Spectrum cd's (I think this was the one with the live show mp3 promo) I only use the tenclub for tickets....but that system even seems to be failing.....sounds like soon there will be no point to even have a membership...
  • Options
    Received both dvd and cd today from 10c! Love Ukulele Songs but I must say Water on the Road is just tremendous! Really brought back the memories of those 2008 shows! :D
  • Options
    sanamindsanamind Posts: 46
    got the email on thursday...bummed out the CD didn't arrive.

guess it wasn't really a preorder then huh.
    2008: Outside Lands Festival in San Francisco

http://everythingwedidbelieve.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    reenk roinkreenk roink Posts: 14
    It does suck to have to wait, but I got the c.d. download and just now got the song book download.
    They are trying.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    just got emailed the songbook
  • Options
    pistoncitopistoncito Posts: 79
    edited May 2011
    I just receives the links for mp3 and Songbook. But Songbook syas I need a password to read it, but I haven one. Maybe a problem in Linux?

[update] In Windows works fine. I will try to install Adobe Acrobat REader in Linux.
    Post edited by pistoncito on
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    What if you didn't order the songbook (yet), are you getting an email for the digital version?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful