Options

PEARL JAM CANADA 2011

Comments

• Options
    HAMILTON - COPPS COLISEUM!!!

"Another Toast, to coffee and donuts in HAMILTON!!!" - EV 2005

I'll check in with my source at HECFI this week and find out if there is any chance that Hamilton gets a show at Copps.

I agree...we need another show in Hamilton :D

If they play Hamilton, I have dibs on your couch :D

Of course...and I get yours for Ottawa :D
  • Options

Of course...and I get yours for Ottawa :D

Of course, always welcome at casa di small town beck :D
  • Options
    ZidaneZidane Ottawa Posts: 362
    Another 3 hours at Scotiabank Place in Ottawa??? Anytime!
    You're not what you own - Ian MacKaye, Fugazi

98 - Montreal
    00 - Montreal
    03 - Toronto, Montreal
    04 - Boston (Show #1)
    05 - Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    06 - Toronto (Show #1)
    09 - Toronto, Philly (Show #3-4)
    10 - Cleveland
    11 - Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa
    13 - London (ON), Philly (x2)
    16 - QC - Ottawa

• Options
    mervin50mervin50 Posts: 217
    I'm in Alberta and would LOVE a CALGARY show. I'm getting the car ready now for the Prairie road trip that will follow!

PS: a show in Canmore with the Rockies as a backdrop would awesome too!
  • Options
    mervin50 wrote:
    I'm in Alberta and would LOVE a CALGARY show. I'm getting the car ready now for the Prairie road trip that will follow!

PS: a show in Canmore with the Rockies as a backdrop would awesome too!

ahhh I miss Calgary.
  • Options
    LOV2ROCK wrote:
    Fuck it! If they are hitting Winnipeg,who can't even support a fucking hockey team,then they might as well hit Fort Frances :lol:

Remind me what happened to the North Stars?...oh ya they moved to Dallas....we'll have a team back next year...also having seen PJ play in Winnipeg and in St Paul I have to say the crowd in Winnipeg was a million times better

This post is so full of epic fail its not even funny. First, The North Stars left b/c they had an owner who was going to move no matter what the fans, state or city did. Secondly, you say Winnipeg will get a team back next year? Doubtful. Minnesota got their team back over 9 years ago. Yeah, and until this year they held the record for most consecutive sellouts, have crazy fans and are known as the best hockey state in the US.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    LOV2ROCK wrote:
    Fuck it! If they are hitting Winnipeg,who can't even support a fucking hockey team,then they might as well hit Fort Frances :lol:

Remind me what happened to the North Stars?...oh ya they moved to Dallas....we'll have a team back next year...also having seen PJ play in Winnipeg and in St Paul I have to say the crowd in Winnipeg was a million times better

This post is so full of epic fail its not even funny. First, The North Stars left b/c they had an owner who was going to move no matter what the fans, state or city did. Secondly, you say Winnipeg will get a team back next year? Doubtful. Minnesota got their team back over 9 years ago. Yeah, and until this year they held the record for most consecutive sellouts, have crazy fans and are known as the best hockey state in the US.

we have an owner ready for a team who is worth 20 billion...Im pretty sure we can handle a team now...maybe you should do your homework before you start insulting someones city...
    Minneapolis 98,tampa 00, Fargo St Paul 03,Winnipeg Thunder Bay 05,Chicago Denver 06
  • Options
    Ha! Only a tour rumour thread in Canada would get railroaded by hockey talk! I love it. At least it bumps it up. I am crossing my fingers for you Winnipeg...both in terms of a concert date and NHL team.

Let's hope that where there is smoke there is fire and we get multiple dates across the great white north.
    "Like a cloud dropping rain...I'm discarding all thought"
  • Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    Flagg wrote:
    Montreal!!

Crazy place to see them
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: New York X2
  • Options
    we have an owner ready for a team who is worth 20 billion...Im pretty sure we can handle a team now...maybe you should do your homework before you start insulting someones city...

Show me where I insulted Winnipeg in my post? NOWHERE, that is where. I was simply saying Minnesota is a crazy hockey state. If anything you are the only one insulting peoples cities here. Also, I am pretty clear on the situation in Winnipeg. I would LOVE to see a team there. It's not about handling a team, it doesn't matter how much money you have, just ask Jim Balsielle. He has billions too, and he has no luck getting a team, he has been railroaded twice. You know why? The NHL is not interested in A) Expanding or B) Moving any of the teams they have now. Winnipeg wont get a team until they build an NHL ready arena. The same reason why they lost the Jets. I don't think an NHL arena can be built in 6 months.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    Bettman has said himself the MTS Centre, which opened in 2004, is a perfect NHL arena. But no, we won't be getting a team any time soon. Not until Bettman gets his head out of his ass and realizes that Southern US is not a hockey viable place. The same as cricket not being viable up here.

Show me where I insulted Winnipeg in my post? NOWHERE, that is where. I was simply saying Minnesota is a crazy hockey state. If anything you are the only one insulting peoples cities here. Also, I am pretty clear on the situation in Winnipeg. I would LOVE to see a team there. It's not about handling a team, it doesn't matter how much money you have, just ask Jim Balsielle. He has billions too, and he has no luck getting a team, he has been railroaded twice. You know why? The NHL is not interested in A) Expanding or B) Moving any of the teams they have now. Winnipeg wont get a team until they build an NHL ready arena. The same reason why they lost the Jets. I don't think an NHL arena can be built in 6 months.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    yes, because one concert is the same as a full season of a ridiculously overpriced sport full of crybabies. :roll:
    LOV2ROCK wrote:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901

Winnipeg is a hole. That isn't an insult, it's a fact. Plus, from what I understand, the thing that's keeping Winnipeg from getting a team is that there is not enough corporate money for season tickets & boxes. Another thing is that you would have to add seats to the MTN center. The existing seats make their financial market too small. I have a feeling this statement belongs in another thread somewhere ...
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: New York X2
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,567
    Enough hockey talk.

Who here likes maple syrup?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,091
    on2legs wrote:
    Enough hockey talk.

What's not to like about maple syrup? :D
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    mikepmikep Posts: 290
    demetrios wrote:
    Dear Jeebus,

Massey Hall.

Amen.

If Pearl Jam played @ Massey Hall the place will come crashing down right after the first drum beat by Matt. I mean literally the place will crumble. The whole upstairs balcony would come falling down & the roof blown off & flown away to the left & smashed right beside the Eaton Centre.

So yeah, please play Massey Hall. The 2 Ed show's I seen there back in '08 were amazing. PJ playing there would be mind blowing!

hahah bump massey would be awesome but we'd need 3 in a row:)
    96-11-Tor; 03-Mont; 05,13-London;05-Kitchnr, Hamltn; 06-Deroit;08-Mont(EV); 09-Albany(EV), Philly3&4; 10,13-Buff;10-NYC, Mt View; 11-(EV) Boston,Hart,Det,PJ20,Ott,Hamltn,Winnpg,Sask,Cal,Edmntn,Van; 12-Missoula; 13-Wrigley,Pitts,Port,Spok,Cal,Van,Sea.
  • Options
    I remember the day I opened up pearljam.com back in 2005 and they were playing "Oh Canada!" and had a Canadian flag on the site...it sent chills down my spine...man that was awesome.....
    www.mikemccrory.ca
  • Options
    DukeSpiritDukeSpirit Posts: 278
    If there is a Canadian tour i think I'll try to hit up a chunk of the tour. Never done it before. I did see 2 in a row in Toronto in 06.

It mostly depends on when the tour is and how many dates i can book off. Also when it's announced. I'll need as much time as possible to book off work.
  • Options
    I remember the day I opened up pearljam.com back in 2005 and they were playing "Oh Canada!" and had a Canadian flag on the site...it sent chills down my spine...man that was awesome.....
    I remember that like it was yesterday. When I read the list of shows my jaw completely dropped and I think it took me 10 minutes just to process the information. I expected Toronto and Montreal and hoped for one more that I could drive to (thinking Ottawa had the best shot at that). But to see Kitcher, London and Hamilton on that list was just ridiculous. :o
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Play Red Deer! :)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,821
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I remember that like it was yesterday. When I read the list of shows my jaw completely dropped and I think it took me 10 minutes just to process the information. I expected Toronto and Montreal and hoped for one more that I could drive to (thinking Ottawa had the best shot at that). But to see Kitcher, London and Hamilton on that list was just ridiculous. :o

I remembered hearing the song the day before but didn't see the dates/10club tickets available for purchase till the next day at around 7am or so. The dates/10club tickets must of went up @ 12am Eastern Time? I remembered getting up with tons of emails on my MSN Messenger & freaking the fuck out that they were coming to Halifax! I logged onto the 10club and placed the order for Halifax tickets ASAP that morning. Had to wait a few minutes to order the Toronto tickets cause I had to talk to the family/work if I could take some time off those few day's so I could travel. To see Pearl Jam & check out Greek Town again! :)
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    The dates/10club tickets must of went up @ 12am Eastern Time?
    The dates went up EARLY. I recall being up for work around 7:30 am EST and they were already up and everything was for sale.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,821
    BeerBaron wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    The dates went up EARLY. I recall being up for work around 7:30 am EST and they were already up and everything was for sale.

I was up 6am EST/7am AST finding out about all this. Went to bed @ around 12am AST/11pm EST. It was shocking that this ever happen. Imagine if they would of done this today? 10club tickets would of been sold out with us not even knowing about it. :shock:
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,151
    Play Red Deer! :)

Red Deer ......Fuck might as well thow Bowden in to the mix and do it Johnny Cash style! 8-)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    stargazer76stargazer76 Posts: 164
    Zidane wrote:
    Another 3 hours at Scotiabank Place in Ottawa??? Anytime!

:thumbup: :thumbup:
    love is all good people need....and music sets the sick ones free...
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    I would def make a trip to Toronto & Montreal very easy for me from NY ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    sometimesicringesometimesicringe Vancouver, BC Posts: 86
    demetrios wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

I was up 6am EST/7am AST finding out about all this. Went to bed @ around 12am AST/11pm EST. It was shocking that this ever happen. Imagine if they would of done this today? 10club tickets would of been sold out with us not even knowing about it. :shock:

They went on sale just after 12am EST...I'll never forget reading down the list and being more and more surprised at each place, until I finally read St. John's at the end...Newfoundland?...I mean really...still has to be the most obscure place they've ever played...was cool to see them in the place I grew up

I also remember scrambling to buy tickets to all the Ontario shows before everyone found out the next morning, just in case!...haha
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,565
    BeerBaron wrote:
    on2legs wrote:
    Enough hockey talk.

I've never tasted. Is it good?
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,581
    Pap wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    on2legs wrote:
    Enough hockey talk.

I've never tasted. Is it good?

Is it good? If you get the pure stuff & not the super market manufactured stuff..........it is incredible. You can almost drink the stuff right from the bottle IMO. You put it on pancakes or ice cream if you want.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,565
    BLACK35 wrote:
    You can almost drink the stuff right from the bottle IMO. You put it on pancakes or ice cream if you want.
    Thanks. I'll try that.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024