Options

***Official WWE/wrasslin' Thread***

1100101102103104106»

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,924
    Peacock ran a $30 for the year promo back during the NFL playoffs. Worth every penny tonight! My first live WM in years. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,921
    I went last night (found a ticket on stubhub for like $170 behind the stage (so not the best view). It was fun. Best match was probably Sami vs Gunther. The main event was pretty entertaining. I was surprised of how over Rhea Ripley was compared to Becky Lynch. From where I was it seemed like it was 2:1 fans for Rhea. Also cool to see Jason Kelce and Lane Johnson make an appearance. I thought Kelce might show up but wasn't expecting it be in the "luchador" match. The only match i was kinda disappointed in was the Uso vs Uso match. Kinda a letdown, storytelling was fine but the match itself was meh. The ladder match was good. Gotta love R-Truth! Some good spots in there as well.

I'm probably not going to go tonight. One night was fine and although night 2 will most likely be better, I just don't think it's within my budget now. Luckily yesterday I found parking for free so I saved like $50-70 there. And only got a hot dog, pretzel and a bottle of was which was like $25. Was tempted to grab a Wrestlemania shirt but the lines were kinda long and wasn't sure whicjh one I wanted to get.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Ok.  I'm drinking the paul levesque Kool aid.  That was the best wwe show I've seen in 20 years
  • Options
    That was one hell of a main event! Rock, Cena and Undertaker getting involved. I thought Austin was gonna show up, but Undertaker was a nice surprise as well. :clap:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,924
    Lot of regrets in life. Watching 8 hours of wrestling over these last two nights ain't gonna be one of them. That was an awesome show. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,418
    Hogan is still the 3rd longest reign. I was concerned he would be passed
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    edited April 8
    Who else thought Dean Ambrose was going to show up when The Shield music came on?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Who else thought Dean Ambrose was going to show up when The Shield music came on?

No. If any AEW personnel was gonna be there I would have thought Dustin or MJF. Mox has no desire to return to WWE.Plus they're all signed with AEW so that wouldn't have been too wise if any of them showed up.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

No. If any AEW personnel was gonna be there I would have thought Dustin or MJF. Mox has no desire to return to WWE.Plus they're all signed with AEW so that wouldn't have been too wise if any of them showed up.
    I know. It was just a split second. Lot of people on Twitter thought the same
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I even loved the first match.  It was good, good ending.  I totally bought CM Punk's arm splice and was wondering earlier if they were going to transition him to a Jesse Ventura heel announcer role.  

Then that whole thing was done perfectly.  Loved it.  
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,038
    My Wrestlemania XL predictions.

Night one:
    Rhea Ripley over Becky Lynch
    Awesome Truth and DIY win (each one wins a separate belt) Could possibly see New Catch Republic win as well
    Dominik Mysterio and Santos Escobar beat Rey Mysterio and Andrade (Carlito turns on Rey)
    Jey Uso beats Jimmy Uso (Tama Tonga helps by neutralizing Solo Sikoa)
    Jade Cargil, Bianca Belair and Naomi beat Damage CTRL
    Sami Zayn beats Gunther (this one is tough to call, Chad Gable is either gonna help Sami or screw him over)
    The Rock and Roman Reigns beat Cody Rhodes and Seth Rollins

Night Two:
    Drew McIntyre beats Seth Rollins (I think Damian Priest cashes in afterwards though)
    Bobby Lashley and The Street Profits beat Karion Kross and AOP (could go wither way, this might be the bathroom break match)
    LA Knight beats AJ Styles
    Logan Paukl beats Randy Orton and Kevin Owens
    Bayley beats Iyo Sky
    Cody Rhodes beats Roman Reigns to finally finish his story

Howd u do?
  • Options
    My Wrestlemania XL predictions.

Night one:
    Rhea Ripley over Becky Lynch
    Awesome Truth and DIY win (each one wins a separate belt) Could possibly see New Catch Republic win as well
    Dominik Mysterio and Santos Escobar beat Rey Mysterio and Andrade (Carlito turns on Rey)
    Jey Uso beats Jimmy Uso (Tama Tonga helps by neutralizing Solo Sikoa)
    Jade Cargil, Bianca Belair and Naomi beat Damage CTRL
    Sami Zayn beats Gunther (this one is tough to call, Chad Gable is either gonna help Sami or screw him over)
    The Rock and Roman Reigns beat Cody Rhodes and Seth Rollins

Night Two:
    Drew McIntyre beats Seth Rollins (I think Damian Priest cashes in afterwards though)
    Bobby Lashley and The Street Profits beat Karion Kross and AOP (could go wither way, this might be the bathroom break match)
    LA Knight beats AJ Styles
    Logan Paukl beats Randy Orton and Kevin Owens
    Bayley beats Iyo Sky
    Cody Rhodes beats Roman Reigns to finally finish his story

Howd u do?

One and a half wrong I'd say (half of the ladder match). Not too bad and probably my best predictions in awhile
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,963
    Iyo sky is such an underated wrestler...she´s amazing!! that counter in the end of bayley´s finisher was something else.

mania was amazing and the right guy won. love roman but it was cody´s time.

worst match goes to the usos, that was not good at all.

curious to see who steps up to cody as a heel since drew is feuding with punk.

we are entering a new era but they will have to find a great heel because roman was just legendary.
  • Options
    I'm really happy to see this Cody love.  Dude worked his ass off to get there.

I'm a fan of his for his work in the AEW.  How is he received in the WWE?
  • Options

cody was booed out of AEW because he refused to turn heel basically.

he is loved in WWE , its the babyface of the company and now that roman is gone for quiet sometime is probably the face of the company.
  • Options
    just_one said:

he is loved in WWE , its the babyface of the company and now that roman is gone for quiet sometime is probably the face of the company.
    I don't know if I agree with all that.

He was not well received as stardust or whatever he was.  He went over to Japan and made bones there.  Came back to a well received AEW.
    I thought maybe because of his time in Japan and AEW he was better received.

It is just weird that he was gone for so long and now the WWE loves him.

• Options
    edited April 9
    just_one said:

He was not well received as stardust or whatever he was.  He went over to Japan and made bones there.  Came back to a well received AEW.

he didnt came back to aew , he was one of the founders of the company alongside Tony Kahn , Young Bucks and Kenny Omega.

he was pretty much the same character in aew when the company started that he is now but aew fans turned on him and at the end of his run in the company he was getting booed and didnt want to turn heel, lets hope that doesnt happen in wwe

no one really knows why he left the company but he said it was due to personal reasons and last week he said there was some backstage shit with brandy (his wife) that he didnt like so maybe it was one of the reasons.

curious fact , without kevin owens there is no current cody rhodes , when he left wwe , owens gave him the number of the young bucks and that is what changed his life.
    Post edited by just_one on
  • Options
    just_one said:

Definitely the babyface of WWE. Only others that would come close would be CM Punk and maybe LA Knight.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    It seems the WWE is going to run with him for a little while.  Not sure who the big challenger/heel is going to be.  

• Options
    MayDay10 said:
    It seems the WWE is going to run with him for a little while.  Not sure who the big challenger/heel is going to be.  

Probably Gunther until The Rock comes back.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    just_one said:

Definitely the babyface of WWE. Only others that would come close would be CM Punk and maybe LA Knight.
    Yeah which is crazy to me.
  • Options
    just_one said:
    just_one said:

he didnt came back to aew , he was one of the founders of the company alongside Tony Kahn , Young Bucks and Kenny Omega.

he was pretty much the same character in aew when the company started that he is now but aew fans turned on him and at the end of his run in the company he was getting booed and didnt want to turn heel, lets hope that doesnt happen in wwe

no one really knows why he left the company but he said it was due to personal reasons and last week he said there was some backstage shit with brandy (his wife) that he didnt like so maybe it was one of the reasons.

curious fact , without kevin owens there is no current cody rhodes , when he left wwe , owens gave him the number of the young bucks and that is what changed his life.
    I read his contract was up and he always wanted to come back to wwe?

Yes I know he was a founder.  His wife had a big roll in there too.  Reason I liked Cody was during the Pandemic he was thanking the audience for watching.  This was when they filmed like 30 hours of footage in a day, lol.
    When they came back and he wrestled hurt? Dude.  Loved him even more.

I missed the heel part.  I didn't watch AEW for a few months so that is when it happened.  I wonder if tyhey liked Mox more?
  • Options
    I think showing the never before seen footage between Luke Perry and CM Punk at All In on Dynamite last night may have been a huge mistake. Made CM Punk look good cause he was telling the truth and AEW kinda just embarrassed themselves by showing it.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    I think showing the never before seen footage between Luke Perry and CM Punk at All In on Dynamite last night may have been a huge mistake. Made CM Punk look good cause he was telling the truth and AEW kinda just embarrassed themselves by showing it.
    He sucker punched Jungle Boy.  In the end they both needed new jobs.

I wonder if this was what CM was referring to as "dealing w children."?
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,729
    Terrible move by AEW. Yeah, it does prove that Punk threw a punch. But....so what? It makes Tony Kahn look like a bigger pussy than we already thought he was by him saying he "feared for his life" or whatever it is he said. Also, I hope Jungle Boy is prepared to have "CM Punk" chanted at him for the rest of his life because that's probably going to happen. Fans were chanting Punk's name during the unveiling of the video footage and later when the Bucks came down to the ring. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Saw on Twitter that Roman only defended the title 31 times. 54 if you count house shows.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Saw on Twitter that Roman only defended the title 31 times. 54 if you count house shows.
    so he held the title for like 1300 days and only defended it that many times? I know it was low but wasn't expecting it to be that low.

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD