Options

10 reasons PJ is Better than Metallica

12346»

Comments

• Options
    I feel like Miagi around this place. Music is personal and its about how it makes you feel. One isn't better than the other. It's just better for you.

Would someone start a thread called 10 reasons Pearl Jam is better than Mozart? No.. because that would be fucking stupid and so is this. I don't like classical music at all and i listen to pearl jam non stop but I'm smart enough to not try and compare them because it would be MEANINGLESS.

I'm not really into Metallica at all. But a lot of their early stuff was pure genius. They are a different band, that came out of a different time but they have sustained themselves this long with rabid hardcore fans just like Pearl Jam.

This is a waste of time and makes people look foolish when they try to make Pearl Jam everyone's favorite band. They are your favorite band and be greatful that you've found the band that makes you happy. Its like finding a wife. Other people have found their wives. Stop trying to make them love yours.
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    jumbojet wrote:

4-) What Metallica did to Newstead is unacceptable. PJ also had issues within band members but I dont think anyone thought of repressing another band member like in Metallica.

Other than these above, I have utmost respect for Metallica and enjoy their music a lot. They're the pioneers of the genre and their innovativeness cannot be questioned. Their Ride the lightning - Master of Puppets - And justice for all album run is glorious. The Black Album is also so much fun.

But PJ is PJ. 8-)

What did they do to Newstead? I've never actually looked into why he left. Strange.

They tuned down his bass work in And Justice for all.
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    ceska wrote:
    jumbojet wrote:
    I am also a casual Metallica fan so I think I could comment on a few stuff.

3-) Metallica sued Napster while PJ always allowed, almost encouraged unofficial bootlegs.

PJ allowed trading of audience concert recordings; they have never allowed videotaping/trading nor trading of commercially available material (albums and official bootlegs still in the shop). So the two are really not that far apart.

PJ has never taken legal action against a file sharing program or anything of that sort.

• Options
    jumbojet wrote:
    PJ has never taken legal action against a file sharing program or anything of that sort.

Like this:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... s-19971216

or this

http://www.fuelfriendsblog.com/2009/05/ ... -going-on/

plenty more.....

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    MT132914MT132914 Posts: 188
    I was a sad day when Newsted left, I met them all and he was by far the nicest, then James, then Kirk, Lars was a complete arse.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Metallica hands-down wins the logo contest. :geek:

I remember when I knew the words to every single of their songs.

High School Jason P thinks Metallica is better.

Thirty-something Jason P knows Pearl Jam is better.

8-)
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    Pearl_Jam_Stickman_black.pngproduct_detailed_image_32002_1976.jpg
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    Metallica-No tambourines
    PJ-Keeps tambourine companies in business. :fp: when did they start doing this crap.

+1 for Metallica.
  • Options
    This may have been posted already, but I'm not bothering to scroll through 11 pages searching for it:

Metallica mimics Pearl Jam's Why Go/Animal pretty closely:

http://youtu.be/Zt9Zpu98wqA
  • Options
    calvo17calvo17 Posts: 440
    Because in a fight, Leatherman and Betterman would kick Sandman’s ass and would turn him into a Nothingman.
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there.
    11/20/11 San Jose, Costa Rica
    10/18/13 Brooklyn 1
    10/19/13 Brooklyn 2
    10/21/13 Philly 1
    10/22/13 Philly 2 (BREATH!!)
    10/25/13 Hartford
    10/22/14 Denver (BREATH!!!)
  • Options
    calvo17 wrote:
    Because in a fight, Leatherman and Betterman would kick Sandman’s ass and would turn him into a Nothingman.

Hehe, you can ride the lightning but you can never let go the lightning bolt.

• Options
    FlyingwFlyingw Brantford Posts: 443
    I think Metallica upped the ante with their upcoming European Tour (2014). First of all, they announced one... :lol: . Secondly, they are allowing the fans to pick the setlists at each show. I assume it is by majority votes, but can you imagine PJ doing this.

After spending the better part of the last couple of years making our film Through The Never, we are so ready to make another album . . . it's been far too long! And when we’re locked away in the studio, history has dictated that we always need that inspirational break to soak up all the great live Metalli-energy that you guys bring to the gigs. So as we may have done once or twice before (!!), we will be hitting the road this summer, but not just for another “European vacation” . . . we’ve added a twist - THOSE OF YOU GOING TO THE SHOWS WILL PICK THE SET LIST!

As we embark on two short treks through Europe, we’re giving ticket holders the chance to vote on what songs they would like to hear at the show(s) that they attend. It's pretty simple . . . pick up your ticket(s) online and you’ll receive an e-mail shortly after your purchase with a code and a link to a site on which you may cast your ballot. You have until May 16 to vote and results are continuously updated with the number of votes a song received as well as the percentage of ballots placed with that song on it. Check it out below by show.

If you're heading to one of the European shows summer of 2014 and purchased a ticket online, keep an eye open to your inbox for an e-mail from the ticket service with more details on how to vote. And then check back here to see how your fellow fans are voting!

On the pro side for PJ, I know they could pull it off. AND PJ averages 32 songs a show vs. Metallica's 19.
    :corn:
    Aug 18/93 Toronto, May 9/06 Toronto, Sept 11/11 Toronto, Sept 15/11 Hamilton,
    July 16/13 London, Oct 12/13 Buffalo, Oct 17/14 Detroit,
    April 8/16, Ft. Lauderdale, April 9/16 Miami, May 8/16 Ottawa, May 10/16 Toronto
    May 11/16 Toronto, Aug 20/16 Wrigley, Aug 22/16 Wrigley, TOTD Nov 5/16 Philly
  • Options
    What "company" puts something like this in a newsletter?

:faceplam
  • Options
    FlyingwFlyingw Brantford Posts: 443
    Whywhyzed wrote:
    What "company" puts something like this in a newsletter?

:faceplam

Let's get past that, and focus on the setlist idea...
    Aug 18/93 Toronto, May 9/06 Toronto, Sept 11/11 Toronto, Sept 15/11 Hamilton,
    July 16/13 London, Oct 12/13 Buffalo, Oct 17/14 Detroit,
    April 8/16, Ft. Lauderdale, April 9/16 Miami, May 8/16 Ottawa, May 10/16 Toronto
    May 11/16 Toronto, Aug 20/16 Wrigley, Aug 22/16 Wrigley, TOTD Nov 5/16 Philly