Options

Please Pearl Jam, consider a VINYL Benaroya Hall re-issue!

Comments

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    edited March 2015
    I just sealed my bathroom grout. Which is about the only thing that should be sealed in a household with vinyl :lol:
    Epie, I don't have any connections, but I know they are aware of things that are happening in here. Had a song request going for a little while too and the song was played last summer in Berlin with some words that made clear it was played because of the request :smile: I don't want to bug anyone, I just want to bring it to the attention of the people in charge that there is a demand for this and that we won't give up hope. If anybody has an idea to notch it up, let's hear it!

Happy womens' day bump!
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options
    And welcome to the forums, epie!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    bump it!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,801

If you reissue I will spin!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    An opened Benny just sold today on Lost Dogs for $850. Let us have a reissue, please!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    Tomorrow's the 10th...great day to announce a Benaroya Hall re-issue.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,607
    I'd rather have something new than a reissue (unless we're talking studio albums).
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I don't think we will see anything new anytime soon. But of course I might be wrong. I'd love it if they did another full acoustic show like this, and I would love that on vinyl as well. But Benaroya holds a special place in my heart :smile:
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    Keeping this on the first page bump.....

Great day for them to announce a reissue of this and place orders today so we can spin this by the weekend!! Wishful thinking mabye, but to hear the needle drop on a Benny at my house has been a dream of mine since I got into vinyl.....would love to "spin the red wine circle"!!!!
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    Hear, hear! Good thunking, juddboz :plus_one:
  • Options
    Happy birthday to Jeff bump! He would love for us to have a reissue Benny in honor of his birthday! :)
  • Options
    Foggy day bump.
  • Options
    Hi, deadend! It's not foggy here, looking like another beautiful, warmer day! I think I'm gonna spin some motown today :)
    I hope you all have a fantastic day, I'm looking at you as well, Pearl Jam! The fresh air helps clearing the thoughts. Think BENAROYA HALL VINYL REISSUE...:lightbulb::money:
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    Was PJ out of their Sony contract at the time? Wondering if there are any legal issues preventing them from repressing it.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I thought it was their own product. Can anybody who owns one check on the back?

Edit - on pjcollectors.com it says "Label: Ten Club".
    http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=1987
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    They were still under contract with Sony in 03/04, however I think Leeze is correct.. the pressing was an inside job. I don't know if they would've had to obtain licensing rights or not. I don't think there is any info on the back of the box. (Can't remember, and I even looked at mine last night.)
    Check out pjcollectors.com and see what info is on there. I can't right now because our work server picks it up as a music site and blocks it.
  • Options
    Thank you, HesCalledDyer :plus_one:
  • Options
    Bump for Benny!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,404
    edited March 2015

Was PJ out of their Sony contract at the time? Wondering if there are any legal issues preventing them from repressing it.

Probably not. The question people skirt around is do they want to repress it. The original pressing was limited edition intentionally (not by accident like No Code through Self Titled, where the pressing were small due to vinyl demand).

2000 copies wasn't very big for 2003 either. It crashed the website and sold out in less than 48 hours. It's not really like the studio albums that were pressed when no one wanted vinyl which resulted in small pressings (a reflection of the times they were pressed in).

I dunno. The band has a hard enough time re-releasing the studio albums on vinyl. I'm not entirely sure they want to repress (or have any intent) on repressing a vinyl they meant to be limited in the first place. If the band can't get around to rereleasing no code through avacado, I can't imagine Benaroya is anywhere near the top of the priority list.

I'll still give you kudos for trying :)

Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    Yeah, but what does the band gain by not re-issuing their catalog? Does it drive up desire for other 'goods' they release? Justify their high prices listed for Benny's they auction on eBay for charity? What?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,404

Yeah, but what does the band gain by not re-issuing their catalog? Does it drive up desire for other 'goods' they release? Justify their high prices listed for Benny's they auction on eBay for charity? What?

You seem to think that Pearl Jam = 10 Club. I've always thought that band delegates their merch to the 10c, and the 10c runs it. I don't think the band sits down, has a huddles, and discusses which of their merch from the past goes for the most on ebay? :) They probably thought it was a cool idea in 2003 and see the odd one when a fan asks for an autograph. I bet that's it. 10c kept copies aside and the 10c puts the odd one up for charity auction.

I don't think the band put's as much thought into stuff as you think they do :)
  • Options
    Sunny morning bump for a Benny that doesn't have to have all of the bells and whistles. Black vinyl. Generic (but secure for shipping) packaging. We don't ask for much!
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    How do the originals sound by the way?
  • Options
    Black Benny Bump!

• Options
    I suppose that you'd have to ask someone who owns one and most of us here do not.

Bump for the Benny so that we can answer this question from our own vinyl experience!
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    deadendp said:

I suppose that you'd have to ask someone who owns one and most of us here do not.

Bump for the Benny so that we can answer this question from our own vinyl experience!

Not only some one who owns it, but someone who actually plays it. Please, Pearl Jam, re-issue Benaroya Hall on vinyl so we all can know the answer to this question.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    ^^ And don't seal it! If they seal it, then people will want to put it up on their shelves! NO PLASTIC WRAP! This Benny is for playing!
  • Options
    Ha! Good thinking :smiley: Yes, we want one to spin it!
  • Options
    Bump for open box, black vinyl, no frills Benny! ;)
  • Options
    Morning, morning! Good luck to all who are waiting for an announcement within their reach today! Happy weekend to everybody else! Give your vinyl some good loving :smile: