Options

Please Pearl Jam, consider a VINYL Benaroya Hall re-issue!

Comments

• Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    It doesn't have to be wine coloured we would be happy with black.
    A record collection cannot be complete without it.
    Spin the black circle today. :)
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    my2hands said:

How do the originals sound by the way?

SD48277 said:

deadendp said:

I suppose that you'd have to ask someone who owns one and most of us here do not.

Bump for the Benny so that we can answer this question from our own vinyl experience!

Not only some one who owns it, but someone who actually plays it. Please, Pearl Jam, re-issue Benaroya Hall on vinyl so we all can know the answer to this question.
    Sonically, it's one of the better quality PJ vinyls in my opinion. Of course, the fact that I'm lucky enough to have one could be triggering the placebo effect. Either way...

Candlelight + a sip of your favorite spirits (+/- some green) + Benny vinyl spinning = therapy.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

I thought it was their own product. Can anybody who owns one check on the back?

Edit - on pjcollectors.com it says "Label: Ten Club".
    http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=1987

For good measure, I checked the box, all four individual jackets, all four records, and the poster. There are no barcodes, ISBN, or catalog numbers anywhere to be found.
    The only etchings in the runoff areas of the discs are "October 22, 2003 - x" where 'x' = A thru H, indicating which side. A small word GOLDEN is also stamped in the runoff area of each side. That's it.
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    299 photo image_zpsjha8vbim.jpg

Just hooked this up for the first time.....I would love to hear a Benny play thru some old school tubes!!!!!!! Would love to see a Benny for under $50 sometime!! :) happy Sunday bump!
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    I wish I could find the clip of Jeff talking about the release of Benaroya he was at a skate park was in the news feed here once.. :(
    Bumpity Bump..
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    Damn, juddboz, what a beautiful setup!

Aus_suz, hopefully, we'll be getting another announcement where he talks about the reissue at one point :relaxed: Keep the hope and the thread alive!

And have a fabulous Sunday!
  • Options
    About to call off the first page, happy Monday!!!!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    juddboz80 said:

299 photo image_zpsjha8vbim.jpg

Just hooked this up for the first time.....I would love to hear a Benny play thru some old school tubes!!!!!!! Would love to see a Benny for under $50 sometime!! :) happy Sunday bump!

Dude, that looks like the thing Stark used to create Captain America.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Of the girl :)
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    St. Patrick's Day bump! (I'm Polish, so ignore that part. Aren't we all Irish on St. Patrick's Day?)
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    I didn't realize it is St. Patrick's day today. We had a really nice day yesterday, weather was like spring! Now today the cold is back and it looks as if a thunderstorm is lurking. I am not so unhapppy to work from home today. Might spin some vinyl later.

Mmmmh, playing a Benny when a thunderstorm is raging outside must be pretty cool too. I hope you all have a fab day!
    PJ - make it black, pack it simple, give the earnings to a charity! We're all in :smiley:
  • Options
    ^^ Yes, please! :smile:
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,801
    Up top!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    Happy hump day, folks! Spin, spin!
  • Options
    I hope everybody is having a wonderful weekend! I was playing around with the photo editor thinking about what a reissue could look like...

The blues are not perfectly the same, but hey, I'm not a pro and this is just for fun... what do you think?
  • Options
    Ooh I like-a da blue!
    You should try a light gold, too. Original would be red wine, re-release white wine.
  • Options
    Any color reissue and I would be good! :)
  • Options
    Bump... purple would be cool... But black is fine :)
  • Options
    tominzingatominzinga Posts: 113
    there is such a high demand for this vinyl, why not reissue it? sure the value of the OG ones will go down, but good. No piece of vinyl is worth 5 grand period. I dont care if eddie scratched the sound waves in himself. And even so, you know PJ collectors will still be on the look out for the original ones so it'll still have collectors value.
    Wrigley 2013 Cinci 2014
  • Options

Ooh I like-a da blue!
    You should try a light gold, too. Original would be red wine, re-release white wine.

I thought because the CD has that orange-light yellow colour scheme and I think there is another one in green, blue would be a cool alternative. Just black and white looked a bit boring :relaxed:

Tominzinga, this is why we keep bumping this thread. We all feel the same as you :smiley:
  • Options
    Oh, and in my head, the vinyl in the blue cover is black. But like I said, I am just playing around. Set your creativity free, post your suggestions. We might just as well pass the waiting time doing something fun :peace:
  • Options
    tominzingatominzinga Posts: 113

Ooh I like-a da blue!

I thought because the CD has that orange-light yellow colour scheme and I think there is another one in green, blue would be a cool alternative. Just black and white looked a bit boring :relaxed:

Tominzinga, this is why we keep bumping this thread. We all feel the same as you :smiley:
    rock on! it would be so cool to be able to spin that show, imagine the crowd singing black through some high quality speakers on a good turn table...damn
    Wrigley 2013 Cinci 2014
  • Options
    AAJCAAJC Calgary, AB, Canada Posts: 262
    Let's get this reissue rolling. My CD was stolen in Hawaii, of all places!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    bumpity
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Bumplestilskin!
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 1,015
    Yes I want Benaroya on vinyl but I really want to see an announcement for the No Code/Yield re release. Coming up to 4 years since Vs/Vitalogy was done, way to long a gap!
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14 Budapest 22 Krakow 22 Amsterdam 22 St Paul 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 24 New York 1 24 Philly 1&2 24 Boston 1&2 24 Gold Coast 24 Melbourne 1 24 Sydney 1&2 24
  • Options
    Bumpinski.
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,801
    Bumpitydo!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    Have a good week, people! Here's to more good vinyl Benny vibes :coffee:
  • Options
    AAJCAAJC Calgary, AB, Canada Posts: 262
    I just got the latest Father John Misty on vinyl, as well as an older Nirvana release, but I would toss those out for a Benny reissue. I don't need any artwork, though that would be nice, I just need the wax! C'mon!!!