Options

please ignore this thread....

Comments

• Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,571
    demetrios wrote:
    Any talks of this being on PPV with proceeds going to charity???

Wish there was talks with Pearl Jam & Co. about doing some PPV's live feeds for many of their show's. Or even live webcasts. Not sure why the 2 day event Bridge Benefit didn't get on board. There sure would of be alot of fans who would of bought both nights & help out.

And then give the money to charity....
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    SOLAT319 wrote:

You know we have a few over where I come from too but I am too damn lazy to post pictures now :P
    ofcourse you have ..Greeks built them.. :P
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    We need an announcement soon. I need to make my summer plans and I am getting some serious ants in my pants!! :think:
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,996
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    We need an announcement soon. I need to make my summer plans and I am getting some serious ants in my pants!! :think:
    Given the fact that there are such strong rumours leaning towards the end of the Summer, I personally think the September 4th weekend will be the one, based on the fact that several around here have stated it as the date, and that people are booking hotel rooms and flights and the band has yet to issue statement denying that. I feel, though maybe this is wishful thinking, that the band would feel the need to push people away from booking flights/rooms if these dates were not true.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    Ok people cancel your reservations! It's not Labor Day weekend and it's not the weekend before either!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    Jim TresselJim Tressel Posts: 132
    Ok people cancel your reservations! It's not Labor Day weekend and it's not the weekend before either!

Well....when is it going to be?
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

That would be great :lol:

And hopefully not alpine at all :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544

Interesting... But I'm not canceling my reservations until the official announcement comes out, just in case. I really hope they make an announcement soon!
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options

I have a friend in Milwaukee I would love to hang with but other than that I don't really care where it is as long as I can drive there. My partner doesn't fly.
  • Options
    GK52298GK52298 Posts: 6
    everybody responding to this question needs to get a freaking life......

Alpine Valley is one of the best venues to see a concert. get over it. if you pay $3000 for a weekend to see a band you have probably seen 20 times, get a life. they will come by your neck of the woods again
  • Options
    Pearl DrummerPearl Drummer Posts: 4,617
    GK52298 wrote:

Alpine Valley is one of the best venues to see a concert. get over it. if you pay $3000 for a weekend to see a band you have probably seen 20 times, get a life. they will come by your neck of the woods again
    And who the hell are you sir to judge? :wtf:
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
  • Options
    GK52298 wrote:

We need to get a life because we want to go to the 20th anniversary festival of our favorite band? WTF are you talking about? Why did you even come on this board just to post this? Of course they will tour again closer to people but part of the attraction is that this will be a one time event, a celebration of the band and we'll get to see other bands too.

If you don't want to spend $3,000 to do this, then it's not worth it to you but why would you come on here and put down other fellow fans? :roll:
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    GK52298 wrote:

If it's Alpine fine. I just don't know how any amphitheater would be a good place. I was thinking more of the way DMB is doing AC. Open lot with I think three stages?
    Why would it be seats and a lawn? I'm sorry, I just don't get it.
    I went to an Ozz Fest in NJ like that and it was alright. We only got seats in case it rained. I think they had one other stage besides the main one. I liked Randalls Island Lolla much better. And I liked PJ there too.
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356

Oh it's definately at Alpine and it's in July!!!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,540

As long as its not over the 4th of July Holiday, i don't care when it is. Though, i'll still go if it is> :mrgreen:
  • Options
    July seems a little early. I think the end of August.
  • Options
    I would be thrilled if they finally play Alpine again. Three of my first p.j concerts were there. Those of you who think you will miss anything by going to this show, will be sadly mistaken. Check out the 1996 show and all doubt will fade. This outdoor experience is one of bands favorite places to play. The Dead, The Who, ACDC, and Pearl Jam. The sound is fantastic any where, including the back grass!!! Check out Smile from 96 it's one of my favorites.
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281

i dont think so you would have heard something by now old son ;)
  • Options

Did you hear that it was July or just that it's not Labor Day or the weekend before? The last weekend in July would be sweet, my birthday is on the 29th :D

The DMB festival in the Midwest is the 8th-10th, so if that is at Alpine then that would rule out 1 weekend in July. Anybody heard if it will be there?
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,446
    i just had a conversation with stone over a lovely brunch.

he shared some juicy nuggets about this festival.

i'll post later and let you know the details.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I have to say I am a bit bummed...I think that might be my least favorite venue ever. The lawn is awful. Such a steep hill...if you get into PAVS it is much better, but if you need to leave your seat for anything it is a nightmare. That being said...I have seen mostly Phish shows at Alpine, so maybe the crowd will be a little less congested and scattered...I am just really bummed about Alpine...
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    GK52298 wrote:

I like this guy!
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    GK52298 wrote:

A bit harsh for a first post, dude. I might suggest for your second post, you take a look at the posting guidelines. If you wish to tell people to get a freaking life and get over it, you might look for a different place to do it.

That being said, I do wish folks would listen to you and others who have positives to share about Alpine Valley. I've not yet seen a show there, but looking forward to one, hopefully at the end of the summer. I also agree - PJ likely will visit everyone's neck of the woods soon..."neck of the woods" is a relative term, of course.

Not everyone will be happy with any location they choose. They've announced it will be in the US - personally, I'll be there. Looking forward to an epic show!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    GK52298 wrote:

it was a better place here before your 1st post...keep the good work.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,493
    good god this thread needs to die

The proper info will be forthcoming in the usual 10C manner-i.e. 24-48 hours after it is posted somewhere else, but until then, please dont waste your energy.

Neily, thanks for your insight, but let this die. The obsessiveness is getting silly. And that is coming from one of the most obsessive fans.

My only hope is that they put something together that allows for more than 2,000 fans/10C members to be up close.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,427
    Get_Right wrote:
    good god this thread needs to die

The proper info will be forthcoming in the usual 10C manner-i.e. 24-48 hours after it is posted somewhere else, but until then, please dont waste your energy.

Neily, thanks for your insight, but let this die. The obsessiveness is getting silly. And that is coming from one of the most obsessive fans.

My only hope is that they put something together that allows for more than 2,000 fans/10C members to be up close.

You know Adam your sense of sensibility is bit to much for me to take :lol::lol::lol: You are expecting to much from this crowd :P
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    You know Adam your sense of sensibility is bit to much for me to take :lol::lol::lol: You are expecting to much from this crowd :P
    hahahahaha

I know, but the professorial side of me feels compelled to speak out!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,427
    Get_Right wrote:
    hahahahaha

I know, but the professorial side of me feels compelled to speak out!

Yeah but you are a sensible man others here i can't speak for :lol: See you at the shows when ever they might be ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Yeah but you are a sensible man others here i can't speak for :lol: See you at the shows when ever they might be ..
    Thanks hermano!

Praying for tour dates aside from any "weekend party." Just give me PJ in our normal haunts and Im happy.
  • Options
    GK52298 wrote:

it was a better place here before your 1st post...keep the good work.
    people who still say "get a life" need to "get a life" 8-)
This discussion has been closed.