Options

please ignore this thread....

Comments

• Options
    WaveRyderWaveRyder Posts: 1,128
    LukinTimer wrote:
    Everybody guessed it....I'm confirming it for sure

And nobody was ready for my north of the border comment

Some friends and I chatted with Mike briefly at the Brad show in LA in December and he said that it was 98% sure they would be touring Canada this summer. Canada is always fun for shows.

So, can I ask those that have been to Alpine Valley... is it a decent venue? I hear such mixed things about it, so I'm not sure what to think. Thoughts??

its an awesome venue.
    RC, SoDak 1998 - KC 2000 - Council Bluffs IA 2003 - Fargo ND 2003 - St. Paul MN 2003 - Alpine Valley 2003 - St Louis MO 2004 - Kissimmee FLA 2004 - Winnipeg 2005 - Thunder Bay 2005 - Chicago 2006 - Grand Rapids MI 2006 - Denver CO 2006 - Lollapalooza 2007 - Bonnaroo 2008 - Austin City Limits 2009 - Los Angeles 2009 - KC 2010 - St Louis MO 2010 - PJ20 Night 1 - PJ20 Night 2
  • Options
    pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684
    LukinTimer wrote:

Some friends and I chatted with Mike briefly at the Brad show in LA in December and he said that it was 98% sure they would be touring Canada this summer. Canada is always fun for shows.

So, can I ask those that have been to Alpine Valley... is it a decent venue? I hear such mixed things about it, so I'm not sure what to think. Thoughts??

alpine is a great venue. Personally, i don't mind not being close to the stage at outdoor venues, think i prefer the lawn a little more, so that alone puts me in an ok spot. I think the place has good sound compared to other local outdoor venues and for some reason bands seem to really enjoy themselves there which usually makes the show better. I think it's a really cool place to see a show and aside from traveling there I don't think too many people should worry about not enjoying themselves...if weather will comply, it's pearl jam and a bunch of other bands on a warm summer day/night. i don't need anything more
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,995
    pjfan021 wrote:
    LukinTimer wrote:

alpine is a great venue. Personally, i don't mind not being close to the stage at outdoor venues, think i prefer the lawn a little more, so that alone puts me in an ok spot. I think the place has good sound compared to other local outdoor venues and for some reason bands seem to really enjoy themselves there which usually makes the show better. I think it's a really cool place to see a show and aside from traveling there I don't think too many people should worry about not enjoying themselves...if weather will comply, it's pearl jam and a bunch of other bands on a warm summer day/night. i don't need anything more
    That one line alone sells me on the thought. We've seen it time and time again - when the band is enjoying themselves, it is absolutely contagious and will be impossible for us not to!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    n8dawg79 wrote:
    A DJ from Madison, Wisconsin 105.1 FM Tweeted this about 2 hours ago: "Big summer Alpine Valley concert announcement coming tomorrow morning." Just thought I would add some fuel to the speculative fire.

I'm guessing it's the DMB festival too, but maybe we'll get lucky. I'd be surprised to hear about it now when there hasn't even been a mention of other things that are supposed to happen sooner (the Ed solo album, Ed solo US tour). Looking forward to tomorrow now though :D
    congrats and good luck!!!! You have nothing to worry about it wont be anytime in July.

How does anybody know for sure at this point? I know they originally said end of summer, but maybe they tried to do that and everyone's schedules didn't work out. Who knows...
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    im so sure its Alpine now....i wait for official announcement for see if there are shows close to date,so book my whole trip.. :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    LukinTimerLukinTimer Posts: 538
    Well, I'm glad to hear some positive reviews.

I must say I have heard that the sound quality isn't great and that it turns into a pit if the weather isn't good. But I guess you are always going to hear good and bad... I'll focus on the good. :D
    "Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ
  • Options
    WaveRyderWaveRyder Posts: 1,128
    LukinTimer wrote:
    Well, I'm glad to hear some positive reviews.

I must say I have heard that the sound quality isn't great and that it turns into a pit if the weather isn't good. But I guess you are always going to hear good and bad... I'll focus on the good. :D

you have to....think about the positive that is.

I've seen 7 shows there and didn't notice the sound quality, which usually means the sound quality is good. The only time you notice it is when it's shit.

All those shows, Deftones, Pearl Jam, DMB (4x), Radiohead, have been unbelievable and the atmosphere has always been great. It's just a total blast. I could go on and on about why I like it so much. The only bad thing, Stevie Ray's helicopter went down there, so that's kind of a bummer.
    RC, SoDak 1998 - KC 2000 - Council Bluffs IA 2003 - Fargo ND 2003 - St. Paul MN 2003 - Alpine Valley 2003 - St Louis MO 2004 - Kissimmee FLA 2004 - Winnipeg 2005 - Thunder Bay 2005 - Chicago 2006 - Grand Rapids MI 2006 - Denver CO 2006 - Lollapalooza 2007 - Bonnaroo 2008 - Austin City Limits 2009 - Los Angeles 2009 - KC 2010 - St Louis MO 2010 - PJ20 Night 1 - PJ20 Night 2
  • Options
    n8dawg79 wrote:
    A DJ from Madison, Wisconsin 105.1 FM Tweeted this about 2 hours ago: "Big summer Alpine Valley concert announcement coming tomorrow morning." Just thought I would add some fuel to the speculative fire.

Just FYI, this announcement was about a Jimmy Buffet concert at Alpine on June 25th.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    Pj 20 is there...you can plan your trip now

A famous little birdie flew by me
    Not so fast grasshopper.....

As far as the Pearl Jam festival goes, Ament says that the band is looking to finalize the location and the other bands on the bill by the end of March and announce everything in April. "We've reached out to a few [other bands]. It's mostly people that we're friends with. I don't think that anybody's fully signed on yet. We're not 100% where we're going to have it yet, so it's a little bit tricky... If it's Labor Day, that's three or four months; that should be plenty of time for people to make reservations."
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    edited March 2011
    PJ_Lukin wrote:

As far as the Pearl Jam festival goes, Ament says that the band is looking to finalize the location and the other bands on the bill by the end of March and announce everything in April. "We've reached out to a few [other bands]. It's mostly people that we're friends with. I don't think that anybody's fully signed on yet. We're not 100% where we're going to have it yet, so it's a little bit tricky... If it's Labor Day, that's three or four months; that should be plenty of time for people to make reservations."

yea cause he really is gonna tell a billboard reporter where it is b4 anyone else :lol:

and as i have stated already...i pray the info goes bad and its not alpine valley
    Post edited by neilybabes86 on
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    mr_canadamr_canada Posts: 555
    dougfloyd wrote:
    n8dawg79 wrote:

Just FYI, this announcement was about a Jimmy Buffet concert at Alpine on June 25th.

woohoo!!! now i can plan my summer vacation :lol:
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    PJ_Lukin wrote:

yea cause he really is gonna tell a billboard reporter where it is b4 anyone else :lol:

and as i have stated already...i pray the info goes bad and its not alpine valley

So we are to assume Jeff is lying about it not being 100% decided as to where it will be? Call me a fool, but I'm going on Jeff's word.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    PJ_Lukin wrote:

So we are to assume Jeff is lying about it not being 100% decided as to where it will be? Call me a fool, but I'm going on Jeff's word.

You fool
    Dude what d'you think you're doing
    So you're lost
    My problem is not
  • Options
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    PJ_Lukin wrote:

assume whatever you want....wake me up when the fanclub announces the location
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,152

Why don't you want to know before the show happens? ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

Why don't you want to know before the show happens? ;)

exactly....

i should say wake me up when someone finds an article on-line
  • Options
    chriszeechriszee Posts: 107
    When and where did Jeff make those comments?
  • Options
    When and where did Jeff make those comments?

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/new-pearl-jam-album-other-band-projects-1005074802.story

At least we know now they are planning to make the announcement in April. That's a start. And he said it's likely to be around Labor Day people can tentatively plan for time off at work.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    tooth-paste_1296580901.jpg
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    Faceball_Fun.jpg
  • Options
    :lol::lol::lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ahhh shit...directed to my thread :lol:
  • Options
    i think this is your answer.....so everybody chill
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,773
    This is the thread that should have been deleted. If for nothing else, the completely falsified thread titled.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    everybody follows nelly...dig it!!! :D
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,879
    There ya go....

If this is the only Alpine thread we are allowed to post in......

Well....

There ya go.....

See everyone at Alpine........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    This is the thread that should have been deleted. If for nothing else, the completely falsified thread titled.
    I see it different.....

Alpine is a go....

This is the only Alpine thread the 10club mods will let us post in????

Then ALPINE IS A GO!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    There ya go....

If this is the only Alpine thread we are allowed to post in......

Well....

There ya go.....

See everyone at Alpine........

i mean i would hope it would be locked if it was bad news/info or something
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,403
    I see it different.....

Alpine is a go....

This is the only Alpine thread the 10club mods will let us post in????

Then ALPINE IS A GO!!!!!!!!!

that seems to be the case. guess i'll be eating pancakes in Wisconsin! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Surprised this thread isnt a sticky yet.......
This discussion has been closed.