Options

please ignore this thread....

Comments

• Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Hey neily??
    Im curious...
    Where do you live??
    Where would you be traveling from if you came to Alpine?

brooklyn
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Jerome230Jerome230 Posts: 903
    I was reading earlier about many of the nearby hotels being booked around the assumed time PJ's supposed to be there. Perhaps PJ and co. booked them out for package deals??

*wishful thinking*
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,996
    Jerome230 wrote:
    I was reading earlier about many of the nearby hotels being booked around the assumed time PJ's supposed to be there. Perhaps PJ and co. booked them out for package deals??

*wishful thinking*
    That would be a VERY cool surprise. I think I also read that Alpine had approved a campsite right on the grounds (don't take my word for that though, can anyone else confirm or deny?); if that's the case that's where I'll be staying!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,681
    Jerome230 wrote:

*wishful thinking*

I don't think this is too much to hope for. PJ sets up hotel deals for a lot of shows, ya just gotta jump on it quick b/c they often are in limited #'s.

If PJ are playing multiple nights, and with hotels spread out distance wide, I think the parking lot is going to be the place to party after the show. I'm not gonna be needing to get to work the next a.m. or anything like that, so let all the A types rush for the road, I've got all night.
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    yep. i go to big cities to see them and then go to a bar and i will do that this year too. At Alpine, it will be just as nice to fuck around in the parking lot and drink canned beer from a cheap cooler with just enough ice left to keep my remaining 12 beer nightcap cold.

repeat

i will be there bi-winning while the apline haters watch the setlist come in play by play on their laptop

shit, I could be tri-winning if it turns out to be a proper 3 day event.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,774
    benjs wrote:
    Jerome230 wrote:

*wishful thinking*
    That would be a VERY cool surprise. I think I also read that Alpine had approved a campsite right on the grounds (don't take my word for that though, can anyone else confirm or deny?); if that's the case that's where I'll be staying!

I remember reading something that they approved a small campsite right on the grounds. I think it was something real small...only like 75 campsites and 4-6 people per campsite.
  • Options
    yep. like 400 foo's max
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    so just to put the debate to sleep

I have been to both and the Gorge is Ten times better ;)

but it also ten times in the middle of nowhere

please please please please don't have these shows labor day weekend please please please
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    KDH12 wrote:

please please please please don't have these shows labor day weekend please please please

You got plans you can't get out of that weekend?
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    all i ask, if it is at alpine valley, is that we get enough heads up so that i can get things in order and plan things out. i don't have the money to just book rooms for "just in case" and i don't drive. *crosses fingers* pleeeeeeeease give us enough time to sort things out!!! and waiting for the info, waiting to see if it really is alpine valley or not, it's driving me crazy!!! (there, no corduroy puns).
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,663
    Any talks of this being on PPV with proceeds going to charity???

Wish there was talks with Pearl Jam & Co. about doing some PPV's live feeds for many of their show's. Or even live webcasts. Not sure why the 2 day event Bridge Benefit didn't get on board. There sure would of be alot of fans who would of bought both nights & help out.
  • Options
    SmeckleSmeckle Posts: 33
    First post ever! (usually just read, never felt the need to post)

While Alpine Valley sounds cool and all...the San Manuel Amphitheater http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Manuel_Amphitheater seats 65,000 and has loads of hotels within 20 minutes. And it's 45 minutes away from me. ;)

Just saying...
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,532
    Smeckle wrote:

While Alpine Valley sounds cool and all...the San Manuel Amphitheater http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Manuel_Amphitheater seats 65,000 and has loads of hotels within 20 minutes. And it's 45 minutes away from me. ;)

Just saying...
    welcome, friend.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this will be a 3-day event taped onto and distributed for DVD at some point.
  • Options
    SmeckleSmeckle Posts: 33
    Smeckle wrote:

Just saying...
    welcome, friend.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this will be a 3-day event taped onto and distributed for DVD at some point.

Thanks! :D
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    Smeckle wrote:

Just saying...
    hi Smeckle and wellcome..but how they call this venue an Amphitheater??its NOT what Amphitheater means...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Smeckle wrote:

Just saying...
    hi Smeckle and wellcome..but how they call this venue an Amphitheater??its NOT what Amphitheater means...
    :lol: Didn't we already have this discussion a while back? I'm sorry we don't have true Greek amphitheatres in North America, but an outdoor venue with a stage set up such as this one will be called an Amphitheatre by most of us here in NA... with a few exceptions, this is our reality of what we call an Amphitheatre.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    Smeckle wrote:

Just saying...
    :lol: Didn't we already have this discussion a while back? I'm sorry we don't have true Greek amphitheatres in North America, but an outdoor venue with a stage set up such as this one will be called an Amphitheatre by most of us here in NA... with a few exceptions, this is our reality of what we call an Amphitheatre.
    :lol: i understand but isnt bout greek ones,,is about what it means,,,all outdoors isnt amphitheatres,cos how you call a threater has to do with view and sound..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    benjs wrote:
    :lol: i understand but isnt bout greek ones,,is about what it means,,,all outdoors isnt amphitheatres,cos how you call a threater has to do with view and sound..

Never get into a discussion about Amphitheatres with a Greek! ;) It's only a matter of time before dimi starts posting pictures of Epidavros again..... :lol:

Actually, I am curious as to what the definition of an amphitheatre actually is now.....
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

Never get into a discussion about Amphitheatres with a Greek! ;) It's only a matter of time before dimi starts posting pictures of Epidavros again..... :lol:

Actually, I am curious as to what the definition of an amphitheatre actually is now.....
    http://www.livescience.com/7269-mystery ... olved.html

http://www.google.gr/images?hl=el&rlz=1 ... 45&bih=477

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    tremors wrote:

http://www.livescience.com/7269-mystery ... olved.html

:mrgreen:

Wow - an entire article dedicated to Epidavros (that's how I say it!) - you must be ecstatic!! :lol:
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    tremors wrote:
    benjs wrote:

[/quote]

And never get involved in a land war in Asia.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    KDH12 wrote:

Yes my 80 year old grandparents are visiting me in Chicago, taking the train across the country

I have been here 13 years and they have never visited or traveled this far....

so yeah can't get out of it... not to mention I just dropped over $350 for a Cubs game that weekend
  • Options
    WaveRyderWaveRyder Posts: 1,128
    KDH12 wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    KDH12 wrote:

Yes my 80 year old grandparents are visiting me in Chicago, taking the train across the country

so yeah can't get out of it... not to mention I just dropped over $350 for a Cubs game that weekend

Get over it dude. Alpine is an hour north. Im going to drive 8 hours for it and im one of the lucky ones. If you're looking for sympathy, look somewhere else.
    RC, SoDak 1998 - KC 2000 - Council Bluffs IA 2003 - Fargo ND 2003 - St. Paul MN 2003 - Alpine Valley 2003 - St Louis MO 2004 - Kissimmee FLA 2004 - Winnipeg 2005 - Thunder Bay 2005 - Chicago 2006 - Grand Rapids MI 2006 - Denver CO 2006 - Lollapalooza 2007 - Bonnaroo 2008 - Austin City Limits 2009 - Los Angeles 2009 - KC 2010 - St Louis MO 2010 - PJ20 Night 1 - PJ20 Night 2
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493

so yeah can't get out of it... not to mention I just dropped over $350 for a Cubs game that weekend[/quote]

Get over it dude. Alpine is an hour north. Im going to drive 8 hours for it and im one of the lucky ones. If you're looking for sympathy, look somewhere else.[/quote]
    wow! that's harsh. someone asked him a question and he answered it. no need to jump down his throat
  • Options
    WaveRyder wrote:
    Get over it dude. Alpine is an hour north. Im going to drive 8 hours for it and im one of the lucky ones. If you're looking for sympathy, look somewhere else.

Seriously dude... you are a joke

No one was looking for sympathy so keep your dip-shit thoughts to yourself

I don't care if you have to ride a donkey barefoot, cause no one asked you

but yes family comes first.... some might empathize
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,782
    You boys behave or NO RECESS
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    WaveRyder wrote:
    KDH12 wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

That was hugely uncalled for. An hour or not, this guy values his family more than his favourite band, something pretty commendable in my opinion.

EV
  • Options
    Honey Badger just don't care
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    WaveRyder wrote:
    KDH12 wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

Chill out man. I asked the question because I had to miss shows in the past too and I know it sucks. And even if the poster said the reasoning for not wanting the show labor day weekend without me asking...
    this is a pearl jam forum and venting is allowed!
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,571

You know we have a few over where I come from too but I am too damn lazy to post pictures now :P
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
This discussion has been closed.