Options

please ignore this thread....

Comments

• Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    more like not caring because of a horrible location

It could be in the middle of a manure factory and I'd be there

that's fine ..that's you

as great as it will be ...pj that is...i wold rather spend my money on a pearl jam vacation to a better locale..that's my story..
    to me..alpine looks sucky for what i like in a venue

again i will have seated seats so the lawn won't be an issue..if i were to go
    but i'd rather save my trip
    i could care less about other bands or whatever festival...i want pearl jam

will it be epic...again pearl jam is all i care about...of course it will be
    Sorry this is just too funny to me! You've been complaining about the festival possibly being held there and call it "sucky" yet you've never been there?????????????
    Speaking as someone who has seen PJ play there on 4 occasions as well as many other shows there I can tell you that I can't think of a better location! If you want multiple bands and therefore a large capacity as well as camping and scenery and relative close proximity to airports (milwaukee, o'hare both about 30-45 minutes) there is no better location then this!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,003
    benjs wrote:
    I think Demetrios was suggesting that hopefully the band offer some bus or transportation services of their own, and to be honest, I would be more surprised if they did not offer something like that.

What the band will offer is a chance to rent a car to drive to the show to see them. The insurance alone for something like that would be ridiculous.
    Excuse me? How is a shuttle bus not a feasible solution? I fail to see why the insurance on such a thing would be so expensive.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    alphawolfalphawolf DelMarVa/Big Sky Posts: 646
    demetrios wrote:
    Am I the only one that hasn't booked hotel rooms yet cause I'm waiting for the official announcement from 10club & their 10club hotel package deals? :|

i havent booked anything yet either.

still waiting...
    1996 - Columbia Maryland, Hartford

1998 - DC RFK Stadium, Virginia Beach, Columbia Maryland, DC Constitution Hall
    2000 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, Columbia Maryland

2002 - Seattle Key Arena I+II

2003 - Raleigh, Charlotte, State College, Bristow, Camden II

2004 - Asheville

2006 - Boston II, Camden I+II, DC

2008 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, DC

2009 - Philadelphia I, II, III, IV

2010 - Bristow

2013 - Philadelphia II, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte

2022 - Camden

• Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    choop wrote:
    He told me they have 1 Jimmy Buffet show 3 Dave Matthews shows and 2-3 days of a festival headlined by PJ. Apparently no Phish this year. They typically play there every year like Dave and Buffet. If it werent for Dave Matthews and Jimmy Buffet and Phish, Alpine likely would have been shut down along time ago.

If it's 3 days it's definitely Labor Day weekend.

I didn't see this original post but anyway it would be very unusual if phish didn't play alpine valley - they've played it every year they've toured since 1996 (13 times), so short of them playing wrigley field or something very large close by, this info you're getting might not be accurate
    Oh its very accurate! As of tuesday Alpine has not heard from Phish management.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    alphawolf wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    Am I the only one that hasn't booked hotel rooms yet cause I'm waiting for the official announcement from 10club & their 10club hotel package deals? :|

i havent booked anything yet either.

still waiting...

I'm not booking a hotel or airfare UNTIL an official announcement from 10 club. I don't care if I have to stay 45 minutes away because I'm going to rent a car anyways and the hotels will be cheaper the further away from Alpine Valley you stay.
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    demetrios wrote:

I don't see that happening here do to lack of capacity in the immediate area. I would assume that the limited parking lot camping may be somehow reserved or made available to the 10c but a nearby hotel is going to be hard to come by, let alone a block of rooms to do a package deal.

There is plenty of hotels within an hour of the venue.

so what's your point? An hour :lol: what part about "immediate area" got you confused?
  • Options
    matt770matt770 Posts: 134
    So do you guys really think 37,000 capacity is big enough for this thing? If it really is at AV, a lot of fans are going to be shut out.
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,532
    Take me a for a ride before we leave...
    circumstance, clapping hands
    Driving winds, happenstance
    Off the track, in the mud
    That's the moss in the aforementioned verse

Just a little time, before we leave...
    Stop light, plays its part
    So I would say you've got a part
    What's your part? Who you are
    You are who, who you are
  • Options
    OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 920
    I don't care where it is anymore. If it's Alpine I will walk to west. Michigan, swim across Lake Michigan and run to Wisconsin. I just hope it's not on Labor Day Weekend...We need an official announcement already.
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    even if someone have the best source of information and ,i m not bookin anything for a very simple reason...waiting for official 10c announcement cos maybe they put show before or after the weekend near WI, so i want the full program for book my whole travel..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    gfnk001gfnk001 Posts: 652
    even if someone have the best source of information and ,i m not bookin anything for a very simple reason...waiting for official 10c announcement cos maybe they put show before or after the weekend near WI, so i want the full program for book my whole travel..

ditto
  • Options
    TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,365
    it's all pretty nerve wracking, really. ive booked holidays to the states in this period (mid aug to mid sep). i've got 1 chance at this festival, or i'm either going to miss it by a week or so, or i'm going to have to change a shitload of internal plans... which may end up ruining the logitics of the rest of the holiday.

but if it DOES eventuate, i'd be keen on some local knowledge/ car pooling from west milwaukee/elkhorn/east troy/wherever.... 8-)
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    (mid aug to mid sep). you are just fine... ;)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    just to add to the discussion regarding shuttles... it is doubtful, i don't think from an insuarance standpoint but a logistics standpoint, the hotels are spaced out, so you better plan on finding a carpool. 10C hotel packages seem bleak too, because a lot of the nearby hotels don't really have a large capacity. i guess its possible but i wouldn't really hold your breath.

also, for those planning to stay a bit farther away for cheapness, be aware that the parking lot gets very congested when leaving, since its essentially different parts of a field, and you could sit for hours trying to get out - i've seen this happen several times. so if your hotel is a bit of a drive, say an hour, figure on it taking 2-3 hours to get to after the show.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    choop wrote:
    just to add to the discussion regarding shuttles... it is doubtful, i don't think from an insuarance standpoint but a logistics standpoint, the hotels are spaced out, so you better plan on finding a carpool. 10C hotel packages seem bleak too, because a lot of the nearby hotels don't really have a large capacity. i guess its possible but i wouldn't really hold your breath.

also, for those planning to stay a bit farther away for cheapness, be aware that the parking lot gets very congested when leaving, since its essentially different parts of a field, and you could sit for hours trying to get out - i've seen this happen several times. so if your hotel is a bit of a drive, say an hour, figure on it taking 2-3 hours to get to after the show.

sounds like fun :roll: :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,091
    choop wrote:

That alone is enough to make me pass...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    jethrojam420jethrojam420 Foxborough MA Posts: 1,075
    BeerBaron wrote:
    choop wrote:

i have yet to go to any show (well except for the hartford one when i could walk to my hotel room, where i didnt get stuck in a parking lot for any hour plus. all part of the experiance/fun....
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    choop wrote:

yea its just not working...as great as the shows will be...the location and everything associated with getting there and leaving just sounds like a drag/hassle

after a long day/concert i don't wanna be stuck in a lot for 2 hours than have another hour drive ..
    i wanna be in a bar /hotel within 15-20 min

ehhh its getting repetative :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    choop wrote:

i have yet to go to any show (well except for the hartford one when i could walk to my hotel room, where i didnt get stuck in a parking lot for any hour plus. all part of the experiance/fun....

call me crazy but sitting in a parking lot for 2 hours does not appeal to me at all
    the concert is the fun/experience...not the parking lot

i plan all my pj vacation's so that i can be doing something else or back in my hotel with the quickness...i would much rather go experience a city or a bar or get some food over sitting in a parking lot in the woods..

granted sometimes you have to sacrifice things in life ..but again its just not worth it for me
  • Options
    PRLJM1PRLJM1 Posts: 584
    With all the "I'm not going because of this or that" comments, hopefully you all have better member numbers than me and if there is any senority based seating, I'll be moving closer. No offense to any of you, but this weekend should really be about the music and just be able to be there and enjoy it. I don't care where you go, when stick 37000+ people in one spot, you can't make them all happy.
    Summerfest '95,Alpine '98,Ice Bowl(Alpine'00),Alpine'03,Chicago'06,Summerfest(x2)'06,Riverside Theater '08(EV),ChicagoII '09, PJ20-Alpine Valley 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Voodoo Fest '13 (New Orleans), Milwaukee '14, Wrigley 1,2 '16
  • Options
    Payson wrote:
    With all the "I'm not going because of this or that" comments, hopefully you all have better member numbers than me and if there is any senority based seating, I'll be moving closer. No offense to any of you, but this weekend should really be about the music and just be able to be there and enjoy it. I don't care where you go, when stick 37000+ people in one spot, you can't make them all happy.
  • Options
    alphawolfalphawolf DelMarVa/Big Sky Posts: 646
    edited March 2011
    BeerBaron wrote:
    choop wrote:
    be aware that the parking lot gets very congested when leaving, since its essentially different parts of a field, and you could sit for hours trying to get out - i've seen this happen several times. so if your hotel is a bit of a drive, say an hour, figure on it taking 2-3 hours to get to after the show.

sounds like bristow :roll:

but i will still try to go :D
    Post edited by alphawolf on
    1996 - Columbia Maryland, Hartford

1998 - DC RFK Stadium, Virginia Beach, Columbia Maryland, DC Constitution Hall
    2000 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, Columbia Maryland

2002 - Seattle Key Arena I+II

2003 - Raleigh, Charlotte, State College, Bristow, Camden II

2004 - Asheville

2006 - Boston II, Camden I+II, DC

2008 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, DC

2009 - Philadelphia I, II, III, IV

2010 - Bristow

2013 - Philadelphia II, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte

2022 - Camden

• Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    Payson wrote:

You are right. Why let a little thing called logistics, comfort and connivence get in the way of a vacation. I'd be there with Dimitri if they played a city dump for $5k a ticket!
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,532
    good thing some of you haven't been to Tweeter in Mansfield.

Any talks of this being on PPV with proceeds going to charity???
  • Options
    Payson wrote:

You are right. Why let a little thing called logistics, comfort and connivence get in the way of a vacation. I'd be there with Dimitri if they played a city dump for $5k a ticket!

its only a few thousand :roll: :lol:
  • Options
    Payson wrote:

ill pass you a Bitching test and if do well then we will hang together :D
  • Options
    jethrojam420jethrojam420 Foxborough MA Posts: 1,075
    good thing some of you haven't been to Tweeter in Mansfield.

Any talks of this being on PPV with proceeds going to charity???

thats basically what im talking about...after the show grab a beer turn up the after show tunes and wait....
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • Options
    ehhh its getting repetative :lol:

:D
    Payson wrote:

im not sure seniority based seating is going to be an issue considering the majority of seats are lawn
    getting a ticket in the pavillion will be nearly impossible i am guessing.
    im wondering if the site will even be able to handle the demand when tix go on sale to 10c
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    i didn't post that to be an alarmist, and i know a lot of venues are a pain to get out of, but i just wanted to call that to the attention of people staying an hour away. its a bit differnt if you can get to your hotel within 10 minutes of getting out of a shitty lot, much different if you are driving farther than that.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,931
    Hey neily??
    Im curious...
    Where do you live??
    Where would you be traveling from if you came to Alpine?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
This discussion has been closed.