please ignore this thread....

Comments

• Mitch8415Mitch8415 Posts: 227
    Lizard wrote:
    :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: At this point i don't even care anymore about this fest ...
    I'm sorry to say I am kinda feeling that way too.

Not me.

No kidding... lol at not caring about a festival because of a bunch of unsubstantiated message board rumors.
    ~ Chicago 5/16/06 ~ Chicago 8/23/09 ~ Chicago 8/24/09 ~
    ~ Kansas City 5/3/10 ~ Alpine Valley 9/3/11 ~ Alpine Valley 9/4/11 ~
    ~ Wrigley Field 7/19/13 ~ Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ~ St. Louis 10/3/14 ~
    ~ Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ~ Wrigley Field 8/18/18 ~ Wrigley Field 8/20/18 ~
    ~ Fenway Park 9/4/18 ~ Denver 9/22/22
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Mitch8415 wrote:
    Lizard wrote:

Not me.

No kidding... lol at not caring about a festival because of a bunch of unsubstantiated message board rumors.

more like not caring because of a horrible location
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    Mitch8415 wrote:
    :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: At this point i don't even care anymore about this fest ...

A lot of people will lose interest in this because of the lack of news...

As soon as it's announced the message boards will be swamped with posts bitching that it's too expensive/poor location/wrong weekend.

The bitchers will be the first to buy their tickets!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • more like not caring because of a horrible location[/quote]

I'm not going to be awed by the amazing venue. I'm going to celebrate the band I have loved for 16 years. Its not about where it is. Its about the music. Get over it.
    1995: San Francisco, San Diego
    2000: Phoenix
    2008: Camden 2
    2009: San Diego, Philly 1, Philly 2
    2010: MSG 1, MSG 2
    2011: Alpine 1, Alpine 2
    2012: Missoula
    2013: Wrigley, Phoenix, San Diego, LA1, LA2, Oakland
    2014: Denver
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1
    2022: San Diego, LA1
    2024: LA1
  • Mitch8415Mitch8415 Posts: 227

Allegedly.

And I'm fine with it.

btw... what locales would cause you to not bitch?
    ~ Chicago 5/16/06 ~ Chicago 8/23/09 ~ Chicago 8/24/09 ~
    ~ Kansas City 5/3/10 ~ Alpine Valley 9/3/11 ~ Alpine Valley 9/4/11 ~
    ~ Wrigley Field 7/19/13 ~ Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ~ St. Louis 10/3/14 ~
    ~ Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ~ Wrigley Field 8/18/18 ~ Wrigley Field 8/20/18 ~
    ~ Fenway Park 9/4/18 ~ Denver 9/22/22
  • SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    SolarWorld wrote:
    All BS until it is announced. Nelly still protecting his BS source.... :roll: I'm going to laugh my ass off when they go with their other option. Going to be so much fun.... :lol:

hey wait you're the fool who said my words would impact their decision :roll:

ladies and gentleman....the brain surgeon has entered the porch :lol:

You must have scored in the lowest percentile for reading comprehension. I'm dead serious. I never said anything of the sort. My point was people close to this band that have legit info, know better than to broadcast it on the message board. I am also going to guess this point is going to fly right over your head, once again. You created quit a stir on here with this info but still are not revealing your source. Tons of travel plans have been booked and planned based on YOUR unsubstantiated rumor. Another point I made is that if it truly is Alpine Valley your little 50+ page post has kinda ruined any surprise announcement PJ may have been planning. Think twice before you post was another point I made, not rocket science.
    SolarWorld wrote:
    SolarWorld wrote:
    All BS until it is announced. Nelly still protecting his BS source.... :roll: I'm going to laugh my ass off when they go with their other option. Going to be so much fun.... :lol:

hey wait you're the fool who said my words would impact their decision :roll:

ladies and gentleman....the brain surgeon has entered the porch :lol:

You must have scored in the lowest percentile for reading comprehension. I'm dead serious. I never said anything of the sort. My point was people close to this band that have legit info, know better than to broadcast it on the message board. I am also going to guess this point is going to fly right over your head, once again. You created quit a stir on here with this info but still are not revealing your source. Tons of travel plans have been booked and planned based on YOUR unsubstantiated rumor. Another point I made is that if it truly is Alpine Valley your little 50+ page post has kinda ruined any surprise announcement PJ may have been planning. Think twice before you post was another point I made, not rocket science.

the rumors started waaaay b4 me..i just confirmed..

when has pj ever surprised us? the news i s always out b4 the fanclub gives it...its just the way it is

when you get your pj police badge show me
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Mitch8415 wrote:

Allegedly.

And I'm fine with it.

btw... what locales would cause you to not bitch?

any major city
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

at least you will have more time to plan the Rangers parade route.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

I'm not going to be awed by the amazing venue. I'm going to celebrate the band I have loved for 16 years. Its not about where it is. Its about the music. Get over it.[/quote]

yea but those who are stuck on the lawn aint gonna see or hear shit

i know i will have seated tickets if i decide to go..so no biggie for me

i just cant justify spending a few thousand on my pj trip to wisconsin,,,,i would rather save the money for another gig in a waay better locale
    81 wrote:

at least you will have more time to plan the Rangers parade route.

speaking of which im late...peace out
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    My source is from someone who works directly with Alpine. I cant say exactly what he does cause I dont want to lose the source for future references. I asked for dates but he said he cant reveal those yet cause they arent 100% confirmed yet but he hoped for announcements in a couple weeks. Again he told me "we have 1 date for Jimmy Buffet, 3 dates for Dave Matthews and 2-3 days for a festival headlined by Pearl Jam." And FYI Alpine is the perfect location for this! One of the best outdoor venues in the country and the 2nd largest!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    My source is from someone who works directly with Alpine. I cant say exactly what he does cause I dont want to lose the source for future references. I asked for dates but he said he cant reveal those yet cause they arent 100% confirmed yet but he hoped for announcements in a couple weeks. Again he told me "we have 1 date for Jimmy Buffet, 3 dates for Dave Matthews and 2-3 days for a festival headlined by Pearl Jam." And FYI Alpine is the perfect location for this! One of the best outdoor venues in the country and the 2nd largest!

you're source is me. you misquoted me.

and now you can consider yourself "cut off" from any future references.
    www.myspace.com
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356

:roll:
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Saratoga Preformng Arts Center ...remember that cover on TIME magazine from Lollapoloza ? It's S.P.A.C. gang... gotta be deal with it see you there & if your not then your gonna miss the free autographed c.d. giveaway thats right the new album is going to be given away for free at PJ 20 Fest at S.P.A.C. & then deleted the next day so be there or be squarer
    04-22-92
    08-04-92
    03-28-94
    08-09-00
    08-27-00
    04-13-03
    06-12-08

"maybe it me or it maybe you"
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    SolarWorld wrote:

when has pj ever surprised us? the news i s always out b4 the fanclub gives it...its just the way it is

BURN!
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    i would rather save the money for another gig in a waay better locale
    you mean like that arena thats called the worlds most famous arena :mrgreen:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466

:roll:
    :x
    www.myspace.com
  • SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    metsfan wrote:
    SolarWorld wrote:

BURN!

Burn? You think thats a burn? You must not get out much...

And Neily hasn't confirmed anything but add fuel to rumor and speculation. As of now the venue has a hold on it, maybe. Just like every other venue rumor we get when tour time comes along. You think a hold is a booking, it is not.
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096

sweet so there is hope that it won't happen on Labor Day weekend
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    He told me they have 1 Jimmy Buffet show 3 Dave Matthews shows and 2-3 days of a festival headlined by PJ. Apparently no Phish this year. They typically play there every year like Dave and Buffet. If it werent for Dave Matthews and Jimmy Buffet and Phish, Alpine likely would have been shut down along time ago.

If it's 3 days it's definitely Labor Day weekend.

I didn't see this original post but anyway it would be very unusual if phish didn't play alpine valley - they've played it every year they've toured since 1996 (13 times), so short of them playing wrigley field or something very large close by, this info you're getting might not be accurate
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • KO111KO111 Posts: 94
    Why do I keep checking this thread? Wouldn't the mods lock it if there wasn't some truth to it?
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I'm still going to go with ...
    jimed14 wrote:
    CNR.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    KO111 wrote:
    Why do I keep checking this thread? Wouldn't the mods lock it if there wasn't some truth to it?

i asked them to do that about 20 pages ago ..
  • RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158

It could be in the middle of a manure factory and I'd be there
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
    KDH12 wrote:

sweet so there is hope that it won't happen on Labor Day weekend

Not really.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
    jimed14 wrote:
    I'm still going to go with ...
    jimed14 wrote:
    CNR.jpg

charles nelson...what do you want ?

yes it is boring..very simple topic ..PJ @ ALPINE ...period
    edited March 2011

that's fine ..that's you

as great as it will be ...pj that is...i wold rather spend my money on a pearl jam vacation to a better locale..that's my story..
    to me..alpine looks sucky for what i like in a venue

again i will have seated seats so the lawn won't be an issue..if i were to go
    but i'd rather save my trip
    i could care less about other bands or whatever festival...i want pearl jam

will it be epic...again pearl jam is all i care about...of course it will be
    Post edited by neilybabes86 on

that's fine ..that's you

as great as it will be ...pj that is...i wold rather spend my money on a pearl jam vacation to a better locale..that's my story..

Nothing they have done is bigger than this. This is THE event.
    Member 164xxx

More to Come....
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003

that's fine ..that's you

will it be epic...again pearl jam is all i care about...of course it will be

Yeah but if you go to Alpine Valley you can drive an extra hour to Kenosha and go to this:3641287391_2aef1222d6.jpg

IT IS SO WORTH IT. and then you can tell people you've been to the cheese castle.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
This discussion has been closed.