Holy fuck....Look what's coming for me!! (I'M BAAAACK!!!) ;)

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    chadwick wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    Wow great pics and recount of events...what a horrible thing to go through.
    My friend went thru a hurricane in FL cat 3...she said, same as you...never again
    she will always evacuate.
    Very glad you and yours are ok :clap::D
    florida sucks. them fuckers down there cost the state of florida and this country a fortune because of hurricanes. florida should be leveled and returned to the swampy mangrove it is. :)

are florida's schools the worst in the entire world?
    i heard that they are. :D

why all the hatred for florida chuck?
    www.myspace.com
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    chadwick wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    My friend went thru a hurricane in FL cat 3...she said, same as you...never again
    florida sucks. them fuckers down there cost the state of florida and this country a fortune because of hurricanes. florida should be leveled and returned to the swampy mangrove it is. :)

why all the hatred for florida chuck?

he's hated Florida ever since they grabbed a market share of his beloved Dollywood in Tennessee
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    What a breath of fresh air...

Watching eyed and zig go at it again. Back to normal so fast.

Glad you (and most of Australia) made it through ok. It could have been so much worse.

Maybe tell your little brother that any sane man would never live in a villa on the hill that has a roof that might pop off with the slightest breeze.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    What a breath of fresh air...

Watching eyed and zig go at it again. Back to normal so fast.

Hey, she started it! In fact, I'm fairly certain it was her who pissed off the cyclone in the first place, calling it tiny and whatnot...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i dislike stupid bullshit like florida.

it's gator-town. that is all. people do not need to own multi-million dollar homes in what is and used to be a swamp hit by hurricanes every year. i hear florida schools almost are none existent. florida caters to tourism.
    it's a frickin oven anyhow. and flat as shit.

it's ok to visit i suppose if you're that frickin bored. anyone calling florida home is out of their flippin mind.

:mrgreen:
    btw.
    good morning

same with where ziggy or i live; 1 hair from the ocean. only a dingdong would keep rebuilding and rebuilding and rebuilding and rebuilding after huge storm events.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    chadwick wrote:
    pandora wrote:

They are not as bad as you think at least in the case of my children. It sort of depends on where you live. Our children 2 in 9th grade and 1 in elementary school are ALL in pre-med acadamies. The high schoolers are taking college level courses and when they are finish with this HS they will be sophomores in college.This is a very public HS but an academy within the school, all the students accepted in the school stay together throught out there years at the school and must maintain a 3.5 gpa.

Not all are as good but this one is an exception.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    thank god the 'toys' survived!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Glad you're ok Zig!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Yup, glad to hear you made it thru Ziggy! Cheers girl!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Glad to see you're OK Ziggy! Welcome back. :D
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Glad to see you returned safely!

I almost bumped this thread last night hoping for an update...

And some of those uprooted tree photos are scary to see.
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    Welcome back!!!!!!! :D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • also--i didn't realize australia had an army. good for you guys! :thumbup: :)

Getting ready for another invasion of Galipoli... ;) :P :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • As the warden in Shawshank Redemption might've said:

Place wasn't the same without you Ziggy.

Glad you're safe and sound. :D
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    So glad you are ok! How did your house hold up? Still gripping that EV ticket tight I hope! ;)
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    ZiggyStar wrote:

yeah cate frances told me there was no army there once. she was saying you guys rely on robots or something.

i want to buy your parents house.

hahaha :lol: catefrances....she's a funny one. We def have an Army here.

Well you can't buy it....it's being given to my little brother....and I'm in the will as his guardian when mum and dad die....which basically makes it mine! Muahaahahaaaa.... :twisted: Going to be a shit fight with the 3 other siblings when that day comes! ;) haha

not only does he follow crap sporting teams but hes a liar too. :P :lol:

bite me jeags. :wave:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • not only does he follow crap sporting teams but hes a liar too. :P :lol:

Who are you calling a crap sports team? :o

The Eagles? Oh, ok, that's fine. :lol:

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Welcome back....glad you are safe!
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,709
    dunkman wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

wow those pictures are crazy. glad you guys are okay.

is that your house with the sunken trampoline/pool? that's an awesome view there....

also--i didn't realize australia had an army. good for you guys! :thumbup: :)

It's Mum and Dad's house....and yes, it's a great view....one of the best in Townsville. I loved living up there.

Are you being serious about the Australian Army?

Townsville is a great name for a place.. the day it was decided to name the town must have been hot and there were free beers on offer.

actual minutes from meeting:-
    "The City Council decrees this place to be called ehhhhh Townsville.... now lets get a fuckin beer!!"

also, when the news was reporting from there I noticed a lot, i mean a lot, of the streets are named after Scottish places and towns... how cool!!

Oh really? Well you'd probably love where I live then ..

http://www.visitnsw.com/town/Maclean.aspx

:)
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    chadwick wrote:
    i dislike stupid bullshit like florida.

it's gator-town. that is all. people do not need to own multi-million dollar homes in what is and used to be a swamp hit by hurricanes every year. i hear florida schools almost are none existent. florida caters to tourism.
    it's a frickin oven anyhow. and flat as shit.

it's ok to visit i suppose if you're that frickin bored. anyone calling florida home is out of their flippin mind.

:mrgreen:
    btw.
    good morning

same with where ziggy or i live; 1 hair from the ocean. only a dingdong would keep rebuilding and rebuilding and rebuilding and rebuilding after huge storm events.
    :geek:

What's up with all the Florida hate chadwick?

It's a beautiful place!

You can bad mouth it all you want though.
    It'll keep the crowds away.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Ziggy, I'm glad you're okay!! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Apparently all it took was for me to post on page 12 to bring her back. Then she was like "alright, enough faking the horror, even Coach is getting a little worried" :lol:

Kidding aside, glad you and yours are all safe and sound ;)
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
    E.K wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

It's Mum and Dad's house....and yes, it's a great view....one of the best in Townsville. I loved living up there.

Are you being serious about the Australian Army?

Townsville is a great name for a place.. the day it was decided to name the town must have been hot and there were free beers on offer.

actual minutes from meeting:-
    "The City Council decrees this place to be called ehhhhh Townsville.... now lets get a fuckin beer!!"

also, when the news was reporting from there I noticed a lot, i mean a lot, of the streets are named after Scottish places and towns... how cool!!

I'll be there Friday... save me a beer! :thumbup:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,709
    dunkman wrote:
    E.K wrote:

How about Easter? We can all go to the Maclean Highland Gathering. :)
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

E.K wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    E.K wrote:

How about Easter? We can all go to the Maclean Highland Gathering. :)

what part of "i'll be there Friday" did ye no understand!!! ;):lol:

sounds cool... do you do all the caber tossing and what not?
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    justam wrote:

It's a beautiful place!

im mostly just being a ding dong, justam

but it is true; one loses a house to a hurricane and they rebuild. then next hurricane season it happens again and again and again. i remember seeing a dude on tv who had rebuilt his home 13,007 times. i was quite surprised. and yet the guy still has a house erected blown down and erected and blown down and erected and blown down.

that and it's 143 degrees f.
    f.

that is one big phat f too.

i hear florida's highest point is 300 and some feet tall. it is a (man made) pile of dirt built up from construction.

florida is overrated

but again, im just bustin balls.
    arkansas, nebraska, and missouri take the beating all other days of the year. florida needs a good poking every now and then.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    chadwick wrote:
    justam wrote:

It's a beautiful place!

im mostly just being a ding dong, justam

but it is true; one loses a house to a hurricane and they rebuild. then next hurricane season it happens again and again and again. i remember seeing a dude on tv who had rebuilt his home 13,007 times. i was quite surprised. and yet the guy still has a house erected blown down and erected and blown down and erected and blown down.

that and it's 143 degrees f.
    f.

that is one big phat f too.

i hear florida's highest point is 300 and some feet tall. it is a (man made) pile of dirt built up from construction.

florida is overrated

but again, im just bustin balls.
    arkansas, nebraska, and missouri take the beating all other days of the year. florida needs a good poking every now and then.

I'll take 143 degrees over 7 degrees anyday.

• I'll take 143 degrees over 7 degrees anyday.
    Certainly will bring the clientele in...

Excuse me but my wife and I are on fire... can we get a large gin and tonic
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378

I'll take 143 degrees over 7 degrees anyday.

:D:D The kiddie pool full of jello will help too. I nominate our wives for the 1st match of the season.

• I'll take 143 degrees over 7 degrees anyday.

:D:D The kiddie pool full of jello will help too. I nominate our wives for the 1st match of the season.
    Ooooooh...
    Who gets to Ref? :twisted:
    GoiMTvP.gif