Holy fuck....Look what's coming for me!! (I'M BAAAACK!!!) ;)

Comments

• Aaaand...

ZIGGY'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

:twisted:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    you lost me at bf. :(

:lol:

glad you made it out safe
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Aaaand...

ZIGGY'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn right I'm back, bitches! Couldn't get rid of me that easily!

So did I miss anything? Cocaine Nosejob sent me a PM while I was away! Remember her? I'll have to respond tomorrow. I have a SHITLOAD of PMs to respond to from over the past week. Ahhhh....it's hard being so loved around here! :mrgreen:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    Aaaand...

ZIGGY'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

So did I miss anything? Cocaine Nosejob sent me a PM while I was away! Remember her? I'll have to respond tomorrow. I have a SHITLOAD of PMs to respond to from over the past week. Ahhhh....it's hard being so loved around here! :mrgreen:
    OMG!!! How the hell is she???
    Yeah and Facebook messages :evil:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Aaaand...

ZIGGY'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

how could i forget her... she was dirtier than a tramps colon.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    81 wrote:
    you lost me at bf. :(

:lol:

glad you made it out safe

Why? So you get more sexy stories? :lol: I'm onto you!! :twisted:
    dunkman wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Aaaand...

ZIGGY'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

how could i forget her... she was dirtier than a tramps colon.

I loved Cocaine Nosejob!! She was one of my favs from the "other" board. So glad she's back!
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Aaaand...

ZIGGY'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!! How the hell is she???
    Yeah and Facebook messages :evil:

I responded to people on Facebook....with a group status THANK YOU. Did you not see it?

I noticed that DUNKMAN didn't send any good vibes my way....hmmmm??
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I'm ALIVE!! :mrgreen:

Thanks to everyone for your good thoughts and vibes! They worked. Townsville only got the edge of the monster category 5 cyclone....we probably got about a cat 2. I'm never going through a cat 3, 4 or 5. Two hours north of me is flattened. Fuck that! :shock: It was cyclonic for over 12 hours. The eye crossed at midnight on Wednesday and between midnight and 3am it got a bit crazy. The second half of a cyclone is always worse....and it was. Most cyclones only last 2 hours though. This one just dragged on and on and on.

I had about 2 minutes of terror when about 1am the ceiling started lifting from the pressure build up. I SHIT MY PANTS. I immediately jumped up and just stood there staring at the ceiling with my heart beating as fast as it could possibly beat....did I really see that? Then it moved up about an inch again and I'm frantically ringing my dad who was in a different part of the house, while putting my Docs on, while grabbing my bag and other shit, while screaming to Leigh "the CEILING is fucking MOVING UP -- get the DOGS!!!"....I've never moved so fast in my life! :lol: Then dad said their ceiling was doing it too and it was just from the build of up pressure....but I could tell he was concerned about it. That part was REALLY scary. I couldn't imagine having that feeling of fear like the people just two hours north had for hours and hours. I was listening to them ring the radio stations in the middle of the cyclone and they were all soooo scared!! Horrible to listen to at the time....but if you turned the radio off, the noise of the cyclone was too much....sounded like people screaming and howling and yucky sounds.

All in all, it wasn't too bad....we got out of it really well. If I hadn't seen the ceiling move, I would have been fine and not that scared. Can't wait to move to NZ....where I'll just have to deal with earthquakes! ;) haha

Some photos:

Sunken trampoline -- about 2pm Wednesday -- started to build up and get windy
    5422982459_af8ae709ec_z.jpg

11am Thursday --- 11 hours after the eye crossed -- and still cyclonic winds
    5423663376_b37abd8c01_z.jpg

My bunker -- an office
    5422967665_102cbe13e6_z.jpg

We decided to go to mum and dad's (top middle house -- red roof, white walls, big white fence)...which is on a hill...facing the coast...and we had no wind buffer whatsoever! haha We got pretty hammered up there.
    5423222371_f781e4ffdf_z.jpg

Ziggy waiting for the cyclone -- she loved watching it (while it wasn't too crazy and we could keep the door open)
    5423621526_f0f2270b3d_m.jpg

All bunkered in with furniture blocking the sliding glass doors -- it got fucking HOT as soon as we closed them and I got sick for hours -- thought I was going to pass out -- the pressure was so great and no air at all....for HOURS. And I thought the glass doors were going to smash any second. And this was only a cat 2!
    5423027591_de6be347e4_z.jpg

Solitaire -- with CARDS!!
    5423020693_ca7b2c3faa_z.jpg

Ceiling of my sister's apartment next door to mum and dad's caused by tiles flying off the roof
    5423712846_ede5ca00e9_m.jpg

Massive trees fell over everywhere
    5423745628_19dc54f9fa_z.jpg

Another tree
    5423720138_9a4f839245_z.jpg

This tree just snapped in half right at the base
    5423151267_b26425d9c0_m.jpg

And another one -- for comparison, my bf is 6ft tall
    5423741912_e795e6c322_z.jpg

Army helping with the clean up
    5423798666_049061177c_z.jpg

Couple of hours drive north of me (not my photo) -- We were unbelievably lucky where Australia's biggest ever cyclone hit -- it could have easily been Townsville with 180,000 people instead of a couple of small towns with only a few thousand people.
    yasi%20destruction%20large_040211081301.jpg

A multi-million dollar pile of smashed up yachts
    Yasi_boats-420x0.jpg

wow those pictures are crazy. glad you guys are okay.

is that your house with the sunken trampoline/pool? that's an awesome view there....

also--i didn't realize australia had an army. good for you guys! :thumbup: :)
    www.myspace.com
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    I knew it would take more than a little storm to kill ya'. I mean, you've survived knowing me for years now...

Three cheers for Ziggy, more commonly known as the Tempest Tamer.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I noticed that DUNKMAN didn't send any good vibes my way....hmmmm??

no point. i knew you'd be ok... ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.

is that your house with the sunken trampoline/pool? that's an awesome view there....

It's Mum and Dad's house....and yes, it's a great view....one of the best in Townsville. I loved living up there.

Are you being serious about the Australian Army?
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I loved Cocaine Nosejob!! She was one of my favs from the "other" board. So glad she's back!

I'm glad she's back as well, i've paid for at least 3 pairs of underwear from her!!!!
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    I'm glad you are safe, I've been through 2 of them but not nearly as bad as what was it YOSI.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

eyedclaar wrote:
    I knew it would take more than a little storm to kill ya'. I mean, you've survived knowing me for years now...

Have we really known each other for "years"? Wow! Prob since 2009...10...11....fuck! Where does the time go?? Is there a way I can unfriend you now? Or am I stuck with you for life??
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    ZiggyStar wrote:

It's Mum and Dad's house....and yes, it's a great view....one of the best in Townsville. I loved living up there.

yeah cate frances told me there was no army there once. she was saying you guys rely on robots or something.

i want to buy your parents house.
    www.myspace.com
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Townsville is a great name for a place.. the day it was decided to name the town must have been hot and there were free beers on offer.

actual minutes from meeting:-
    "The City Council decrees this place to be called ehhhhh Townsville.... now lets get a fuckin beer!!"

also, when the news was reporting from there I noticed a lot, i mean a lot, of the streets are named after Scottish places and towns... how cool!!
    g under p wrote:
    I'm glad you are safe, I've been through 2 of them but not nearly as bad as what was it YOSI.

Peace

YASI....and it was only a cat 2 where we were and probably a little bit stronger up on the hill where I was....2-3 hours north got the cat 5. I can't even imagine going through that. There is no way in hell I'm ever going through one of those big bastards. Especially one that lasts 12+ fucking hours!!
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    can i get me some Australian boaters insurance? they look like they'll be busy writing out checks in the next few weeks.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:

Have we really known each other for "years"? Wow! Prob since 2009...10...11....fuck! Where does the time go?? Is there a way I can unfriend you now? Or am I stuck with you for life??

You can unfriend me, but that doesn't stop the stalking. In fact, I like it when girls play hard to find...

yeah cate frances told me there was no army there once. she was saying you guys rely on robots or something.

i want to buy your parents house.

hahaha :lol: catefrances....she's a funny one. We def have an Army here.

Well you can't buy it....it's being given to my little brother....and I'm in the will as his guardian when mum and dad die....which basically makes it mine! Muahaahahaaaa.... :twisted: Going to be a shit fight with the 3 other siblings when that day comes! ;) haha
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

YASI....and it was only a cat 2 where we were and probably a little bit stronger up on the hill where I was....2-3 hours north got the cat 5. I can't even imagine going through that. There is no way in hell I'm ever going through one of those big bastards. Especially one that lasts 12+ fucking hours!!

I live in South Florida after moving from the DC Metro area, sooner or later we will get hit by one of those cat 4-5. It will be a mess but we will be prepared I'm sure of it.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Wow great pics and recount of events...what a horrible thing to go through.
    My friend went thru a hurricane in FL cat 3...she said, same as you...never again
    she will always evacuate.
    Very glad you and yours are ok :clap::D
    eyedclaar wrote:

You can unfriend me, but that doesn't stop the stalking. In fact, I like it when girls play hard to find...

Nawww....play hard to find....is that the name of the game we play when I look for your cute little tiny pee pee? 8-)
    g under p wrote:
    I live in South Florida after moving from the DC Metro area, sooner or later we will get hit by one of those cat 4-5. It will be a mess but we will be prepared I'm sure of it.

Peace

I'd evacuate for a 4 or 5...without a doubt.
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:

Nawww....play hard to find....is that the name of the game we play when I look for your cute little tiny pee pee? 8-)

Well it’s certainly not the name of the game we play when looking for your cavernous…

mouth. :D

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    pandora wrote:
    My friend went thru a hurricane in FL cat 3...she said, same as you...never again
    florida sucks. them fuckers down there cost the state of florida and this country a fortune because of hurricanes. florida should be leveled and returned to the swampy mangrove it is. :)

are florida's schools the worst in the entire world?
    i heard that they are. :D
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    eyedclaar wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:

Well it’s certainly not the name of the game we play when looking for your cavernous…

mouth. :D

:lol: You're fucking lucky you said mouth.... :mrgreen:
    When I was preparing for the cyclone and quickly skimming the boards, did I see some hoopla about not being able to swear here anymore? Or was that a dream?
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    chadwick wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    florida sucks. them fuckers down there cost the state of florida and this country a fortune because of hurricanes. florida should be leveled and returned to the swampy mangrove it is. :)

are florida's schools the worst in the entire world?
    i heard that they are. :D
    world no think not :D;)