***OFFICIAL FOO FIGHTERS THREAD***

Comments

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    You get what you get with the Foos.I go to 5-6 shows a tour. Most are similar setlist but with different twists.Dave has a way of making the evening special in some way.You usually will get 2 real covers which is on par with PJ and 2 less then Zac Brown.As said before the rest were snippets a verse or two during band introductions.Why idiots include each one on the set list who knows.I do love when they cover special guests material.Like Zeppelin with Jimmy Page in London.Under Pressure with Brian May,Bad Reputation with Joan Jett,etc...

But what you do get is the occasional cool ass venue.Playing to 1200 people like a up and coming club band.Richmond and the Crowdfunded show,The pop up New Orleans show in the street.An old Train Station in England.

Shit a Foo Show is always a greatest hits set and they have ALOT of fucking hits.Its a sing along.Wrigley was fun.Not the best Foos show ever but I'm spoiled to have been at some classics.But always glad I went and think anytime I can spend a Saturday night with Dave and the Boys it's Fun time.Chicago was a fun city,but Wrigley is kinda a big hot mess with very weak ass cocktails.only complaint I got.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    photo il_570xN.824839135_13gh_zpsikfq7pax.jpg
    A concert experience in Chicago w/ The Foo Fighters 2015
    I think I have been spoiled by Pearl Jam, in regard to concert experiences. But I would like to share my latest experience for the Foo Fighters show at Wrigley Field.
    I first/last time I saw the Foo Fighters was when they were opening for the Red Hot Chilli Peppers in 2000. Sorry in advance for spelling and grammar errors - ENJOY!!!
    First, I was not planning to go to Wrigley again (for a concert) since I had been there 2 years prior to see Pearl Jam and did think the cost was warranted or that concert experience could be topped. But a post in the Lost Dogs forum for two "free" tickets changed my mind. I contacted the Ten Club member and within a few minutes they contacted me and said I could have a pair if I did two things: Meet before the show and write a description of "my concert experience." I knew the concert was "Sold out" and had been for a very long time. I was quick to jump at the chance to pick up the pair of tickets. So, I was sent a link to print the tickets - I was confused - 2 tickets - Aisle 211 - row 10 - seat 12 and Aisle 213 - row 10 - seat 112 - they were not together, 2 tickets to a completely sold out show - I was going to find a way to sit with my wife during the show.
    I HAD 2 TICKETS TO THE SHOW!!!! So the week went by, my wife and I booked a room to stay Friday and Saturday night in Chicago. Finally, Friday came and we packed the car and left around noon and arrived around 2 PM local time. We live in SW Michigan. We checked into the hotel room and unpacked our bags. As we made our way to street I could not help but notice buzz for the show was already building - people everywhere were wearing an "online-only" shirt Wrigley Foos shirt for tomorrow's concert. (Pearl Jam could take note and do something like this!)
    Anyway, after an hour of walking around/shopping my wife decides to go into Victoria's Secret - she didn't come out for almost another hour!!!! While she was shopping, I sat outside checking my phone and looking around trying to amuse myself. To my utter amazement, I look up from my phone and see this fellow:
    photo IMG_9397_zpseowirzjy.jpg
    Taylor Hawkins - the Drummer of the Foo Fighters
    Not really sure as to what to say, I say " Hey what's up man, how is the tour going?
    He was like "Good." I ask, "Can I take a photo with you.?"
    "Sure" He replied. "Looking forward to seeing the show tomorrow." I excitedly say.
    "Cool, Man" We fist bump and he leaves.
    I felt like a total dork. I am not good at taking selfies and when you add the nervous energy of meeting a big-time rock star - you can imagine the scene. :)
    After waiting another 30 minutes or so, my wife emerges from the store and I tell my crazy/amazing story. We leave and eat dinner and retire to our hotel room.
    Saturday - Concert Day
    Still pretty buzzed about meeting Taylor, I wake up we eat some breakfast and do some more shopping for the first half of the day.
    Lunch time comes - Giordano's Pizza and a Goose Island beer - a pretty good combo!!!
    photo IMG_9419_zps7r5tusct.jpg
    After we eat and make it back it is almost time to make our way to Wrigley!!!
    We take the Red Line, which thankfully for us, is very close to our hotel. It's raining. (Shout out to Wife's superior planning skill) The Foo Fighters have taken over Chicago - all I can see is a sea of Foo Fighters shirts. I see a few PJ ones too, I wore mine. :) We arrive at Wrigley - about 30-45 minutes before the show starts. I feel bad because the board member that gifted me the tickets wanted to meet-up before the show at a local bar - but my wife and I were unable to do so. (I failed to mention we brought our young daughter to Chicago with a babysitter also.) So I text said board member, (who chooses to remain anonymous) and find out where they and a friend are located in the stadium. We meet, and have a nice conversation - mostly revolving around Pearl Jam, of course. I offer to buy beers but they turn me down - all they want in return is two show stickers and the promise to write up a summarization of my "experience" of the concert. We (the board member, my wife and I) make our way to the merch booth.
    photo IMG_9455_zpszl5fc773.jpg
    I don't care what anyone says, it was like a Pearl Jam show in regards to merchandise. People pushing, people shoving - that whole shit show. I guess it comes with the turf. I picked up a shirt for the wife, a shirt/stickers for me and a wrist band for my daughter. I sadly was not able to pick up any show poster/prints as they were already sold out.
    PM me if you have one for reasonable price. :)
    I have a love/hate affair with concert merchandise. I act like a crazy person when it comes to acquiring it - thanks PJ!!! I have learned how to handle it better as of late. I am of the mindset - now, I am going to enjoy the show and have a good time instead of worrying about stuff. I can probably find it later for 10X the original price.
    So, after meeting the our new "friend" my wife and I make or way to our seats. We find hers and we then wander over a section to find mine. But we end up right back where her seat was - these seats are right next to each other! Who would have thought Aisle 211 - row 10 - seat 12 and Aisle 213 - row 10 - seat 112 would have been right next tot each other?
    So after that bit of bewilderment, my wife and I do a bunch of laps around the stadium during Urge Overkill and Naked Raygun. We took a few minutes to enjoy each of the bands but agreed they were really not our cup of tea. But we made it back to our seat by the time Cheap Trick came on. I really like them. I can really see why Mike McCready idolizes Rick Nielsen and tries to emulate him a bit during PJ shows, what a showman.
    Next come the Foos, they really know how to get the show going and play 3 very high-energy songs, Everlong - Monkey Wrench and Learn to Fly. Then, in my eyes it gets weird, - they do the whole Van Halen cover band stuff - I get it - Van Halen was good and you guys can play their stuff. Apparently they have been doing this all tour. But do something different - this is Wrigley!!!! They play a handful more of the hits, but the wife and I know curfew is 11 and we do not want to get stuck in the mess of people - we leave during This is a Call. The subway ride is smooth and we have one more drink at the hotel bars and one last giggle/smile about "The Foos in Chicago."
    Overall, this was a fantastic time, and the Foo Fighters are a good band and they put on a loud f*cking rock show, I could not be more grateful to the board member who gave me the tickets. I will never forget the generosity and am looking forward to paying it forward. Thank you so much!!!!
    If anything, this should be held as another fine example of the giving and general awesomeness the people whom reside here on the Pearl Jam Ten Club Forum!!!!
    KORITFW!!!!!!

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936

They really kill a songs momentum by stopping it to get a crowd cheer or to talk to a crowd before going back into it. Happened a couple times like that (Walk is the first one to spring to mind).

I had that same complaint. It gets tedious as hell. I really don't understand why they do that.

They did that at least 4-5 times at Noblesville....definitely the first three songs in a row were stretched out for the mid song banter and cheerleading

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    edited August 2015
    PJ-Cubs said:

Based only on what I saw last night, the Foos are not always playing the entire song when they do a cover. They did pieces of different covers when they were "featuring" each band member last night

It's funny how several of us pick out the same stuff. At Noblesville they started playing "Roundabout" and just when the lyrics started they quit....yet the song was listed on the setlist. Three of the cover songs on the setlist were done about 30% of the way through the song.

They "play" for 2.5-3 hours but 45 minutes is banter....but they don't do encores (cuz that would be stoopid)

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Suziemay said:

ldent42 said:

derbydave said:

Wrigley was fun, but didn't really stand out any more or less than the Pitt show

20 years into their careers, no reason they can't mix up the setlist more. I doubt I would see them more than once on a tour again. Only reason I really even went to Pitt was for Royal Blood

AND why are they playing so many covers??
    They played 9 covers in the Detroit show:
    I'm the One (Van Halen cover)
    I'm Eighteen (Alice Cooper cover)
    School's Out (Alice Cooper cover)
    I Wanna Be Your Dog (The Stooges cover)
    Search & Destroy (The Stooges cover)
    Detroit Rock City (KISS cover)
    Under Pressure (Queen & David Bowie cover)
    Breakdown (Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers cover)
    Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love (Van Halen cover)

From looking at their setlists this tour,
    they are averaging 5 or 6 covers per show.
    I'd much rather hear some deeper cuts from the band I'm going to see,
    than a bunch of cover songs!!

I saw Foo Fighters back in 2011...they were just okay for me.
    Don't feel like I ever need to see them again,
    AND I certainly wouldn't travel to see them!!
    I really liked their under pressure cover. Curious to see that breakdown cover, might have to YouTube it. The thing about covers, and I felt this way at their Citi field show, they can be really great fun if you know and enjoy the original song, but they can also be incredibly deflating if you either don't know or don't care for the original song. As a casual fan, I could go either way.
    I enjoyed their Under Pressure cover at Citi Field too, but I think I was one of 5 people on the rail who knew the words :disappointed:
    yeah Under Pressure at Noblesville was awesome. Hawkins and Grohl really complement each others vocals and it really sounds good on a song like that

Yeah not a huge fan of the covers. And in both shows.... That "solo" during "Outside" killed the crowd like no other

was that Grohl's solo? If that is what you are referring to the same thing happened in Noblesville. The band was even standing around looking at each other like "damn here we are again"

• Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617

Yeah not a huge fan of the covers. And in both shows.... That "solo" during "Outside" killed the crowd like no other

was that Grohl's solo? If that is what you are referring to the same thing happened in Noblesville. The band was even standing around looking at each other like "damn here we are again"

Yeah, Grohl front and center playing that "solo" for 5 minutes longer than he should have
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • photo il_570xN.824839135_13gh_zpsikfq7pax.jpg
    A concert experience in Chicago w/ The Foo Fighters 2015
    I think I have been spoiled by Pearl Jam, in regard to concert experiences. But I would like to share my latest experience for the Foo Fighters show at Wrigley Field.
    I first/last time I saw the Foo Fighters was when they were opening for the Red Hot Chilli Peppers in 2000. Sorry in advance for spelling and grammar errors - ENJOY!!!
    First, I was not planning to go to Wrigley again (for a concert) since I had been there 2 years prior to see Pearl Jam and did think the cost was warranted or that concert experience could be topped. But a post in the Lost Dogs forum for two "free" tickets changed my mind. I contacted the Ten Club member and within a few minutes they contacted me and said I could have a pair if I did two things: Meet before the show and write a description of "my concert experience." I knew the concert was "Sold out" and had been for a very long time. I was quick to jump at the chance to pick up the pair of tickets.
    I HAD 2 TICKETS TO THE SHOW!!!! So the week went by, my wife and I booked a room to stay Friday and Saturday night in Chicago. Finally, Friday came and we packed the car and left around noon and arrived around 2 PM local time. We live in SW Michigan. We checked into the hotel room and unpacked our bags. As we made our way to street I could not help but notice buzz for the show was already building - people everywhere were wearing an "online-only" shirt Wrigley Foos shirt for tomorrow's concert. (Pearl Jam could take note and do something like this!)
    Anyway, after an hour of walking around/shopping my wife decides to go into Victoria's Secret - she didn't come out for almost another hour!!!! While she was shopping, I sat outside checking my phone and looking around trying to amuse myself. To my utter amazement, I look up from my phone and see this fellow:
    photo IMG_9397_zpseowirzjy.jpg
    Taylor Hawkins - the Drummer of the Foo Fighters
    Not really sure as to what to say, I say " Hey what's up man, how is the tour going?
    He was like "Good." I ask, "Can I take a photo with you.?"
    "Sure" He replied. "Looking forward to seeing the show tomorrow." I excitedly say.
    "Cool, Man" We fist bump and he leaves.
    I felt like a total dork. I am not good at taking selfies and when you add the nervous energy of meeting a big-time rock star - you can imagine the scene. :)
    After waiting another 30 minutes or so, my wife emerges from the store and I tell my crazy/amazing story. We leave and eat dinner and retire to our hotel room.
    Saturday - Concert Day
    Still pretty buzzed about meeting Taylor, I wake up we eat some breakfast and do some more shopping for the first half of the day.
    Lunch time comes - Giordano's Pizza and a Goose Island beer - a pretty good combo!!!
    photo IMG_9419_zps7r5tusct.jpg
    After we eat and make it back it is almost time to make our way to Wrigley!!!
    We take the Red Line, which thankfully for us, is very close to our hotel. It's raining. (Shout out to Wife's superior planning skill) The Foo Fighters have taken over Chicago - all I can see is a sea of Foo Fighters shirts. I see a few PJ ones too, I wore mine. :) We arrive at Wrigley - about 30-45 minutes before the show starts. I feel bad because the board member that gifted me the tickets wanted to meet-up before the show at a local bar - but my wife and I were unable to do so. (I failed to mention we brought our young daughter to Chicago with a babysitter also.) So I text said board member, (who chooses to remain anonymous) and find out where they and a friend are located in the stadium. We meet, and have a nice conversation - mostly revolving around Pearl Jam, of course. I offer to buy beers but they turn me down - all they want in return is two show stickers and the promise to write up a summarization of my "experience" of the concert. We (the board member, my wife and I) make our way to the merch booth.
    photo IMG_9455_zpszl5fc773.jpg
    I don't care what anyone says, it was like a Pearl Jam show in regards to merchandise. People pushing, people shoving - that whole shit show. I guess it comes with the turf. I picked up a shirt for the wife, a shirt/stickers for me and a wrist band for my daughter. I sadly was not able to pick up any show poster/prints as they were already sold out.
    PM me if you have one for reasonable price. :)
    I have a love/hate affair with concert merchandise. I act like a crazy person when it comes to acquiring it - thanks PJ!!! I have learned how to handle it better as of late. I am of the mindset - now, I am going to enjoy the show and have a good time instead of worrying about stuff. I can probably find it later for 10X the original price.
    So, after meeting the our new "friend" my wife and I make or way to our seats. We find hers and we then wander over a section to find mine. But we end up right back where her seat was - these seats are right next to each other! Who would have thought Aisle 211 - row 10 - seat 12 and Aisle 213 - row 10 - seat 112 would have been right next tot each other?
    So after that bit of bewilderment, my wife and I do a bunch of laps around the stadium during Urge Overkill and Naked Raygun. We took a few minutes to enjoy each of the bands but agreed they were really not our cup of tea. But we made it back to our seat by the time Cheap Trick came on. I really like them. I can really see why Mike McCready idolizes Rick Nielsen and tries to emulate him a bit during PJ shows, what a showman.
    Next come the Foos, they really know how to get the show going and play 3 very high-energy songs, Everlong - Monkey Wrench and Learn to Fly. Then, in my eyes it gets weird, - they do the whole Van Halen cover band stuff - I get it - Van Halen was good and you guys can play their stuff. Apparently they have been doing this all tour. But do something different - this is Wrigley!!!! They play a handful more of the hits, but the wife and I know curfew is 11 and we do not want to get stuck in the mess of people - we leave during This is a Call. The subway ride is smooth and we have one more drink at the hotel bars and one last giggle/smile about "The Foos in Chicago."
    Overall, this was a fantastic time, and the Foo Fighters are a good band and they put on a loud f*cking rock show, I could not be more grateful to the board member who gave me the tickets. I will never forget the generosity and am looking forward to paying it forward. Thank you so much!!!!
    If anything, this should be held as another fine example of the giving and general awesomeness the people whom reside here on the Pearl Jam Ten Club Forum!!!!
    KORITFW!!!!!!

Cool concert experience!

Good job with this.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    thanks
  • If anyone comes across an Ames poster, let me know. Show edition, or S/N, doesn't matter.

I've got cash, PJ posters, and an extra Ames tshirt in Large: foofighters.com/, it's sold out, but there's a picture of it, identical to the poster.

wait a few days - maybe a week the price on that poster is going to go down.
    Another reason to like the Foos - from their website, "Selected ‪#‎WrigleyField‬ merch is now available at the online store.
    Get it here: http://bit.ly/Chimerch
    More info on posters coming later this week, we are working to meet the demand. So PLEASE don’t get price gouged on Ebay just yet!! "
  • samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    edited August 2015
    Awesome picture with Taylor, buck! So sweet you ran into him.

What a fun weekend in Chicago. Had a blast exploring the city with my boyfriend and of course, seeing the Foos! Before the show, bar hopping on Clark before the show was almost as fun as the show itself! I've seen the Foos in a different setting every time--arena (2011, DC), festival (2012, Global Citizen), and small club (2014, 9:30 Club), and now a stadium. No matter where they are, they always have a way of making a huge show seem intimate. I personally like Dave's banter, and it was really special seeing him tear up being so happy to play Wrigley. Very cool to bring out his cousin and mom for a dual Happy Birthday! Other than that, since I have seen them before, the set was nothing new to me, minus their awesome Miss You cover. That was definitely a highlight. Loved letting Taylor cover vocals. And the new songs, too, obviously new to me...Outside isn't one of my favorite, but Something From Nothing and Congregation are two of my favorite from that album. That funky part in Something From Nothing was sick live! What a cool tune. Personally, I'm fine with the lack of much-varied setlist (I'm so spoiled by PJ and DMB), as the Foos are my 3rd favorite band, and those songs are always fun to hear. They never get old as I see them about once a year, which works for my wallet, and by the time it's another Foos show, I'm really pumped to hear everything live again. Special atmosphere to see them in Wrigley for sure, the crowd was great. Wish the sound was better though, particularly Dave's vocals--probably the poorest sound I've heard at a stadium show (granted I have only seen about 5 other stadium shows). Other than that, a ton of fun, like they always are.

Though I do have to admit, I kept thinking how I wished I got to see PJ at Wrigley the whole time!
    Post edited by samjam on
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

Another reason to like the Foos - from their website, "Selected ‪#‎WrigleyField‬ merch is now available at the online store.
    More info on posters coming later this week, we are working to meet the demand. So PLEASE don’t get price gouged on Ebay just yet!! "

A certain band we all love should take a few notes on how to handle merch....
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

My Morning Jacket just did the same thing a few weeks ago...
    They put up a pre-order on their website and did a second run of their Red Rocks poster!!
    Glad to see some bands do care about what their fans want :plus_one:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    edited September 2015
    They are making a killing on the merch hysteria, but everybody (other than the flippers) wins with this second run offer, so why not?!?!

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,292
    derbydave said:

They put up a pre-order on their website and did a second run of their Red Rocks poster!!
    I thought that was a really smart move when MMJ decided to do another run of posters. It cannot cost that much to print a poster and they can sell a ton more for $30 each.

I wish PJ would do this (or bring the pre-sale back) with show posters. Another run of Moline prints a couple days after the show would have been great.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    PJ-Cubs said:

derbydave said:

I thought that was a really smart move when MMJ decided to do another run of posters. It cannot cost that much to print a poster and they can sell a ton more for $30 each.

I wish PJ would do this (or bring the pre-sale back) with show posters. Another run of Moline prints a couple days after the show would have been great.
    Yep. I really do not understand why they don't do the pre-sale or do a 2nd run of the posters that are clearly high in demand. For a band that is so against the secondary market for concert tickets, you'd think they would do everything in their power to avoid these insane prices on ebay for some posters.
  • IgotshitIDIgotshitID St.john's Newfoundland Posts: 894

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oaFnhu9WdU

Is it the cast solo? I thought that was pretty cool
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    Got the Ames variant today x/100...
    Looking to trade it for the show edition. Straight trade if its the show edition x/100, but would trade it for the normal show edition if you paid the face value difference between the two
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,075
    Forget posters and merch, how about the music. Does anyone know if there's a good audience tape out there of the Wrigley show? Not sure if the Foos are a taper-friendly band like PJ or if the audience craves the boots, but I'm not seeing anything on their forum. Thanks!
  • javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    late to the thread... amazing read... I'm from Argentina, never been abroad to a show, last Jan was the second visit of the foos, I couldn't make it to the first, so everything was new to me, I had a blast, even with the sonic highways songs of which I wasn't quite familiar at the time, and dave's gags, jokes and his interrupting the songs for no aparent reason was real fun too, and they played Johnny Park, my all time fav of the foos...

on an unrelated note, I need your help: I won sonic highways vinyl on a radio show here, I want to redeem the download code but the offer is for US and Canada only, is there a way to come round that? I have time until nov 10th, thanks
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 773
    Fantastic show in Vancouver last night!
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • iammine16 said:

Was there. Loved it. So did all my buddies- some partial fans that are fully converted fans now.
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    iammine16 said:

I totally agree with this.
    Great Show!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    over.rated.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive said:

over.rated.

Nope.

Tastes are funny- I'd say the same of REM.

Foo Fighters have no garbage. REM has a good chunk of garbage. I was subjected to them in university where they were one of my roommate's go-to bands. I cannot recall one moment where I was rocking out and REM filled the room inspiring me to greater joy. Most of the time they were a buzz kill for me.
    Art
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768

imalive said:

over.rated.

Nope.

Foo Fighters have no garbage. REM has a good chunk of garbage. I was subjected to them in university where they were one of my roommate's go-to bands. I cannot recall one moment where I was rocking out and REM filled the room inspiring me to greater joy. Most of the time they were a buzz kill for me.
    One of the better shows Rogers arena has had this year!
    Everybody was rocking!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• RobbyD462 said:

imalive said:

over.rated.

Nope.

One of the better shows Rogers arena has had this year!
    Everybody was rocking!
    For sure.