Options

***OFFICIAL FOO FIGHTERS THREAD***

Comments

• Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Another tight one
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,856
    Anyone make it to the Ryman show last night, 10/31? If so, whadidyathink?
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    How has this album not leaked yet?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    jjflash said:

My Brother was there.He was texting me into the wee smalls.The show ended at 2am, 3hrs plus.He said it was balls out,rock your face off good.Great energy.Zac Brown joined them for War Pigs again on Congregation.Its funny FF have been my favorite band for 2 decades with PJ #2. My brother was always a PJ first guy until last night.He called me this morning and said"Bro,I get it now I'm moving the Foos up to my one spot".Its tough not too after seeing them play these small intimate club shows.
  • Options
    LukinFan said:

How has this album not leaked yet?

Lukin,Off topic but great gutsy win by the Noles.
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    http://www.930.com/event/716259-foo-fighters-20th-anniversary-washington/

I'm seeing a trend with these club shows followed by big ballpark/stadium shows
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Was kind of pumped for this RFK show when some info leaked, but on the 4th? I may have to skip it. I'm betting too many family obligations
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Well holy crap....that RFK show is gonna be special! Bummed I'm gonna miss it....DC + Foo is always special. Can't complain too much with my Wrigley tix in hand though, that's gonna be a barn burner for sure!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,323
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Foos & Trombone Shorty "This Is A Call" from Voodoo this past weekend! Awesome!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAJBrZtJ2tM&feature=youtu.be&t=20s
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    Need some Presale info on RFK.Seems like a can't miss celebration of awesomeness.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Do u guys think by chance the bad brains will play with them? I know HR is mentally fucked up but any chance? Shit, I'd def consider going to this show in DC just to hear BANNED IN DC! Hahaha
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    badbrains said:

Do u guys think by chance the bad brains will play with them? I know HR is mentally fucked up but any chance? Shit, I'd def consider going to this show in DC just to hear BANNED IN DC! Hahaha

List of bands is being announced Thursday...
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    One week from today I hope the deluxe album box is sitting at my doorstep.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options

badbrains said:

List of bands is being announced Thursday...
    Oh man, if the bad brains are on that list, I'm gonna have to find my way to fucken DC!
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    badbrains said:

There's always a chance, but HR is unpredictable. Maybe just Dr. Know and Darryl joining the Foos on a song or three? Possibly Trouble Funk as an opener?
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

badbrains said:

There's always a chance, but HR is unpredictable. Maybe just Dr. Know and Darryl joining the Foos on a song or three? Possibly Trouble Funk as an opener?
    Fucken HR and his split personalities! I love the guy tho! Fucken weirdo but man, these guys are the real deal holyfields! And not for nothing, but I'd love for Earl to move Taylor over for a few of the songs!
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

badbrains said:

I'm thinking this, as this was support for the small 9:30 show in April as well as featured on Sonic Highways.
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,856
    rr165892 said:

jjflash said:

My Brother was there.He was texting me into the wee smalls.The show ended at 2am, 3hrs plus.He said it was balls out,rock your face off good.Great energy.Zac Brown joined them for War Pigs again on Congregation.Its funny FF have been my favorite band for 2 decades with PJ #2. My brother was always a PJ first guy until last night.He called me this morning and said"Bro,I get it now I'm moving the Foos up to my one spot".Its tough not too after seeing them play these small intimate club shows.
    B-) thanks for the info
  • Options
    What do you guys think of this?
    rollingstone.com/music/news/dave-grohl-hates-when-bands-play-one-classic-album-live-20141105
    "Dave Grohl isn't a fan of musical nostalgia, at least not when it involves the stage or studio. In a new interview with NME, the Foo Fighters frontman says he "fucking hates" when bands tour behind one classic album. "I don't like it when bands do that," he says. "It's presumptuous. It's lazy."

Naturally, Grohl isn't planning a special jaunt behind the 20th anniversary of the band's self-titled 1995 debut: "I mean, I don’t mind playing a lot of those old songs just to revisit," he says. "But the best way to celebrate our 20th anniversary isn’t to focus on 20 years ago, but to focus on the last 20 years, meaning two years ago and six years ago and eight years ago."

In its infancy, Foo Fighters was a solo project for the former Nirvana drummer, who recorded all the instruments on the first Foo album. But two decades later, that innocent studio lark has developed into a stadium-filling band. Considering that shift, Grohl says he contemplated re-recording Foo Fighters with his bandmates just to "piss people off," but he reconsidered after drummer Taylor Hawkins assured him it was "the worst idea ever."

"At one point I thought, 'You know what would be really funny? To re-record the first Foo Fighters record as the band we are now,'" Grohl says. "'Cause the first record isn’t the Foo Fighters; it’s just me. So what if, for the 20th anniversary, we went in and re-recorded the first record – same songs, same arrangements, in sequence – but as the Foo Fighters 2014? Taylor was like, 'Are you out of your fucking mind?! That’s the worst idea ever! People would fucking hate it!' And [guitarist] Pat [Smear] said, 'That’s exactly why we should do it!'"

The band's eighth studio album, Sonic Highways, is out on November 10th. The LP – which features guest appearances from Zac Brown and and Cheap Trick axeman Rick Nielsen, among others – is a companion piece to the HBO documentary of the same name. That multi-part program finds the Foos traveling to eight historic American music cities, interviewing prominent area musicians and using the experiences as creative fuel for writing and recording the album's eight corresponding songs.

The fourth episode – which focuses on Austin, Texas – airs Friday, November 7th."
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Man, I can't believe the prices on stubhub for the Wrigley show. $160 for the worst seats in the house. I like the Foo Fighters, but no chance I'm paying that much for awful seats.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,307
    ESPN played 'Congregation' during the half-time break of the NK Maribor/Chelsea FC Champions League match today. It sounds pretty good when it pops up unexpectedly :)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    DC RFK acts announced:

• Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    $75 for tickets, too. Now I'm giving this serious thought.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    That's a great lineup, but I don't think I can handle a full day in the DC heat.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Connecticut's concert promoter guru, Jimmy Koplik, was on Chaz and AJ this morning on 99.1 and says there's a 50-50 chance of Foo Fighters playing Connecticut next summer at the XFinity and that he's been in contact with them! He says he has been trying to get them to headline in Connecticut for years and doesn't ever remember them headlining in the state. I hope this happens and I would get tickets the second they go on sale!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    Like the lineup and looks like a lot of fun, but all day at RFK if its sunny and 95 with 100% humidity would be rough. Wish the rest of the US dates were out, think I may wait for a standalone show and just see what the weather looks like as RFK gets closer.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Any chance the pre-orders show up tomorrow?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    This is like an old school "stadium jam" line up.A little Bad Rep,Everlong and Barracuda on the 4th.YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    1 word-Gary fucken Clark jr! BANG!