Options

***OFFICIAL FOO FIGHTERS THREAD***

Comments

• Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Hey everyone...

Dave here. Just wanted to write and thank you all again from the bottom of my heart for another incredible year. (Our 18th, to be exact!) We truly never could have done any of this without you...

Never in my wildest dreams did I think Foo Fighters would make it this far. I never thought we COULD make it this far, to be honest. There were times when I didn't think the band would survive. There were times when I wanted to give up. But... I can't give up this band. And I never will. Because it's not just a band to me. It's my life. It's my family. It's my world.

Yes... I was serious. I'm not sure when the Foo Fighters are going to play again. It feels strange to say that, but it's a good thing for all of us to go away for a while. It's one of the reasons we're still here. Make sense? I never want to NOT be in this band. So, sometimes it's good to just... put it back in the garage for a while...

But, no gold watches or vacations just yet... I'll be focusing all of my energy on finishing up my Sound City documentary film and album for worldwide release in the very near future. A year in the making, it could be the biggest, most important project I've ever worked on. Get ready... it's coming.

Me, Taylor, Nate, Pat, Chris, and Rami... I'm sure we'll all see you out there... somewhere...

Thank you, thank you, thank you...

Dave
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Newch91 wrote:
    Hey everyone...

Dave here. Just wanted to write and thank you all again from the bottom of my heart for another incredible year. (Our 18th, to be exact!) We truly never could have done any of this without you...

Never in my wildest dreams did I think Foo Fighters would make it this far. I never thought we COULD make it this far, to be honest. There were times when I didn't think the band would survive. There were times when I wanted to give up. But... I can't give up this band. And I never will. Because it's not just a band to me. It's my life. It's my family. It's my world.

Yes... I was serious. I'm not sure when the Foo Fighters are going to play again. It feels strange to say that, but it's a good thing for all of us to go away for a while. It's one of the reasons we're still here. Make sense? I never want to NOT be in this band. So, sometimes it's good to just... put it back in the garage for a while...

But, no gold watches or vacations just yet... I'll be focusing all of my energy on finishing up my Sound City documentary film and album for worldwide release in the very near future. A year in the making, it could be the biggest, most important project I've ever worked on. Get ready... it's coming.

Me, Taylor, Nate, Pat, Chris, and Rami... I'm sure we'll all see you out there... somewhere...

Dave

Dave is the coolest, most humble and down to earth rock star that I think ever walked the Earth. I think I'd rather hang with him than Eddie if I ever had an opportunity to choose.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Saw them in Boston and at Central Park this year. So glad I did..
  • Options
    youngster wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Hey everyone...

Dave

Dave is the coolest, most humble and down to earth rock star that I think ever walked the Earth. I think I'd rather hang with him than Eddie if I ever had an opportunity to choose.

Agreed. He's on the top of my list to have a beer with.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    youngster wrote:

When I bought Tool's Lateralus from them that's what my status said for about 2 months.

:shock: Yikes. So it took 2 months to get it or you got it sooner and they never changed the status? Sorry for the confusion.

Sorry, I didn't see this post before. It did take 2 months for me to actually receive the record.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    As sad as I am to see the Foos disappear for a while...I really hope this means a new TCV record/tour.
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    I'm going to miss the Foos terribly. But I must say, if anyone deserves a hiatus, it's the Foos! Damn they work hard! They toured Wasting Light for a loooong time and so extensively- at least 4 continents! Though I think the hiatus will be long, I don't think it's going to be years and years til we see them again. Plus, Dave LIVES for music...he'll get the Foo bug soon enough, I'd think. And he'll probably do some awesome side projects, both musical and not (can't wait for Sound City) in the mean time! I just hope they get some rest then return with a killer live album and a crazy tour! :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,494
    Sucks that they toured so much for Wasting Light but couldn't be bothered to come to Texas. What's the deal??
  • Options
    samjam wrote:
    I'm going to miss the Foos terribly. But I must say, if anyone deserves a hiatus, it's the Foos! Damn they work hard! They toured Wasting Light for a loooong time and so extensively- at least 4 continents! Though I think the hiatus will be long, I don't think it's going to be years and years til we see them again. Plus, Dave LIVES for music...he'll get the Foo bug soon enough, I'd think. And he'll probably do some awesome side projects, both musical and not (can't wait for Sound City) in the mean time! I just hope they get some rest then return with a killer live album and a crazy tour! :)
    Now that's a great idea: live album. I don't think they've released one yet.
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Newch91 wrote:
    samjam wrote:

Well, they have Live at Wembley and Everywhere but Home which are DVD's. Plus Skin and Bones which is the acoustic show.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    Sad day for rock and roll, i'm sure everything will be okay though and that they'll eventually come around
  • Options
    youngster wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    samjam wrote:

Well, they have Live at Wembley and Everywhere but Home which are DVD's. Plus Skin and Bones which is the acoustic show.
    Wow. Can't believe I forgot about Skin and Bones.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,954
    They promised when they were in philly the next time they would play the Electric Factory. I think he said the same thing in DC to play the 9:30 Club (as i'm sure they did at the other shows) :( So this better be a short break!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    They promised when they were in philly the next time they would play the Electric Factory. I think he said the same thing in DC to play the 9:30 Club (as i'm sure they did at the other shows) :( So this better be a short break!
    Never have I wanted the 9:30 show Dave promised more than this semester...but yep, doesn't look like it now :(
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Am I wrong in thinking Dave's messages - on stage and their Facebook page - are being way overblown?? My thought was, hey he wants time off and to work on his movie/soundtrack and they'll be back. I'd bet a new Foo album will be out in late 2014. Maybe early '15.

Anyway, glad I caught them last year in DC, great show
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Your right. They just put out probably their most popular album and toured like crazy. I'm thinking they'll be back around 2014/2015 as well.
  • Options
    This could probably be another "hiatus" like in between ESPG and WL. That was what, 4 or 5 years in between releases?
  • Options
    animusanimus Twin Cities area Posts: 530
    I'm sure the break is well needed. Can't wait for Dave to finish the doc.
  • Options
    Making my dad a FF CD. He likes some of their stuff and I told him I'd make him a CD. I included both the big singles, lesser-known singles, and some deep album cuts that are terrific. Here's what I have that fits 80 minutes:

This Is a Call
    Big Me
    Monkey Wrench
    My Hero
    Everlong
    Breakout
    Learn to Fly
    Aurora
    Next Year
    All My Life
    Times Like These
    Best of You
    DOA
    The Pretender
    Long Road to Ruin
    Bridge Burning
    Rope
    Dear Rosemary
    Walk

Thoughts?

Had to take these out because it went over time:

February Stars
    Stacked Actors
    Resolve (sorry Rico)
    These Days
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Making my dad a FF CD. He likes some of their stuff and I told him I'd make him a CD. I included both the big singles, lesser-known singles, and some deep album cuts that are terrific. Here's what I have that fits 80 minutes:

This Is a Call
    Big Me
    Monkey Wrench
    My Hero
    Everlong
    Breakout
    Learn to Fly
    Aurora
    Next Year
    All My Life
    Times Like These
    Best of You
    DOA
    The Pretender
    Long Road to Ruin
    Bridge Burning
    Rope
    Dear Rosemary
    Walk

Thoughts?

February Stars
    Stacked Actors
    Resolve (sorry Rico)
    These Days
    That looks pretty solid. But you need to include some Generator and Hey, Johnny Park! on there...I think those would fit well and are good songs that sum up the Foos!
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    samjam wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

This Is a Call
    Big Me
    Monkey Wrench
    My Hero
    Everlong
    Breakout
    Learn to Fly
    Aurora
    Next Year
    All My Life
    Times Like These
    Best of You
    DOA
    The Pretender
    Long Road to Ruin
    Bridge Burning
    Rope
    Dear Rosemary
    Walk

Thoughts?

February Stars
    Stacked Actors
    Resolve (sorry Rico)
    These Days
    That looks pretty solid. But you need to include some Generator and Hey, Johnny Park! on there...I think those would fit well and are good songs that sum up the Foos!

:lol::lol:

Scanned thru the set once and said, "no way they missed Hey, Johnny Park." I scanned again, then again "wow, they left off Hey, Johnny Park".

Very nice set of songs though 8-)
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    samjam wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

This Is a Call
    Big Me
    Monkey Wrench
    My Hero
    Everlong
    Breakout
    Learn to Fly
    Aurora
    Next Year
    All My Life
    Times Like These
    Best of You
    DOA
    The Pretender
    Long Road to Ruin
    Bridge Burning
    Rope
    Dear Rosemary
    Walk

Thoughts?

February Stars
    Stacked Actors
    Resolve (sorry Rico)
    These Days

:lol::lol:

Scanned thru the set once and said, "no way they missed Hey, Johnny Park." I scanned again, then again "wow, they left off Hey, Johnny Park".

Very nice set of songs though 8-)
    Thanks to both of you! I would include "Generator" and "Hey, Johnny Park" but they won't fit. My dad is a "hits" guy. He only likes the hits by mostly everyone, except The Beatles (loves every song besides "Revolution 9"). I think he'll enjoy this.
  • Options
    I would throw in the Baker Street cover.
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:
    I would throw in the Baker Street cover.
    I played that for him before and he didn't care for it. He's picky.

Listening to the playlist right now and it's flowing beautifully so far. On "Learn to Fly" right now.
  • Options
    Jnich2424Jnich2424 Posts: 608
    samjam wrote:
    Never have I wanted the 9:30 show Dave promised more than this semester...but yep, doesn't look like it now :(
    Yeah, I was at the DC show and he said they were going to do a small venue tour at places like 9:30 Club, and Electric Factory. If they were to ever do that, I would fly back to DC for the 9:30 Club show since it's my favorite venue by far.
  • Options
    Jnich2424 wrote:
    samjam wrote:
    Yeah, I was at the DC show and he said they were going to do a small venue tour at places like 9:30 Club, and Electric Factory. If they were to ever do that, I would fly back to DC for the 9:30 Club show since it's my favorite venue by far.
    Maybe their next album tour. I hope they make a stop to Toad's Place in New Haven.
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    Dave always says that small club tour thing...I wouldn't really count on it to happen though, except probably in the LA area, like they did with the secret gigs before WL came out.

anyway, if your dad's a "hit guy" I'd leave the playlist it as it is...but generally, I'd kick best of you (the only foo song I actually dislike...well, that one and statues) and learn to fly off the list and go with stacked actors and hey johnny park instead.

I really hope they'll do a new TCV record during the FF break.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,496
    Newch91 wrote:

This Is a Call
    Big Me
    Monkey Wrench
    My Hero
    Everlong
    Breakout
    Learn to Fly
    Aurora
    Next Year
    All My Life
    Times Like These
    Best of You
    DOA
    The Pretender
    Long Road to Ruin
    Bridge Burning
    Rope
    Dear Rosemary
    Walk

Thoughts?

February Stars
    Stacked Actors
    Resolve (sorry Rico)
    These Days

Get rid of Big Me, My Hero, Learning to Fly, and Long Road to Ruin (overrated radio songs)

Add in Alone & Easy Target, Hey Johnny Park/My Poor Brain, Low
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,496
    Kathi wrote:
    As sad as I am to see the Foos disappear for a while...I really hope this means a new TCV record/tour.

That's what I'm thinking. JPJ is itching for more studio work & touring, if I understand correctly.

Or even better, play drums on a new QOTSA album. :D (I guess the other guys got pissed off about that - whatever, Songs for the Deaf was better than any Foos album, and I love the Foos)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Kathi wrote:

That's what I'm thinking. JPJ is itching for more studio work & touring, if I understand correctly.
    This would make me so, so happy!
    ~not a dude~