Comments

• Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    Back_Pedal wrote:
    5 days till I get to see them!
    me too :thumbup:
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    My buddy fucked up and scheduled a business trip to DC for the same week as the boston show. He booked a flight and it's non refundable. :lol::lol:

He was so pissed.

I plan on rubbing it in his face before and after the show.
  • Options
    Going to see them tonight in Columbus!!!
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    In Columbus tonight, it was once again proven that DAVE GROHL KNOWS HOW TO F#%KING ROCK!!!!!
    "In The Flesh"? Are you kidding me? :thumbup: I hope someone was recording.
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    In Columbus tonight, it was once again proven that DAVE GROHL KNOWS HOW TO F#%KING ROCK!!!!!

No shit man. In the Flesh was amazing! As soon as the first note hit I went completely ape shit nuts. Sad thing was most people around me weren't even singing along!

Foos are amazing. And them giving me floor seats for just posting on Twitter that I was going to the show was just so awesome of them.
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Did anyone else think the foos doc was > PJ20?
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Glad you guys had a blast last night and would've loved to hear "In the Flesh".
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:

No shit man. In the Flesh was amazing! As soon as the first note hit I went completely ape shit nuts. Sad thing was most people around me weren't even singing along!

Foos are amazing. And them giving me floor seats for just posting on Twitter that I was going to the show was just so awesome of them.

Yeah sadly enough I was less than impressed with the crowd. They were loud on certain songs (when prompted by Dave) but for the most part were way more concerned with making crappy youtube videos than getting into the show. Plus I think half the crowd was so young that they were more familiar with Pink than Pink Floyd.
  • Options

I'm gonna have to go with No
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,648

the foos doc was good, but it was no PJ20.IMO

however, i felt dave was more open to talking about problems that arose in the foos.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283

I think they were on par with each other- both fabulous.
    PJammin' wrote:
    however, i felt dave was more open to talking about problems that arose in the foos.
    ^^But gotta agree with this
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    GrandmaGrandma Posts: 259
    Do they vary their set lists or is it the same each night? Wondering about getting tix to a 2nd show.
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Foo Fighters, MGMT, Pearl Jam for Pink Floyd week on 'Jimmy Fallon'

http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news/a3 ... allon.html
  • Options
    I wonder if this is true. But also, it's Courtney saying it, so who knows if she was drugged up or not. I do like what Dave said.

http://www.stylecaster.com/lifestyle/15 ... apparently
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,380
    Newch91 wrote:
    I wonder if this is true. But also, it's Courtney saying it, so who knows if she was drugged up or not. I do like what Dave said.

http://www.stylecaster.com/lifestyle/15 ... apparently

She is in the bottom 1% of humanity. Although that's probably an insult to the other people in the bottom 1%.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Foo Fighters, MGMT, Pearl Jam for Pink Floyd week on 'Jimmy Fallon'

http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news/a3 ... allon.html

EEEE Gads! Nice find.
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

Yeah sadly enough I was less than impressed with the crowd. They were loud on certain songs (when prompted by Dave) but for the most part were way more concerned with making crappy youtube videos than getting into the show. Plus I think half the crowd was so young that they were more familiar with Pink than Pink Floyd.

The crowd was very lame for the most part. The only time most people popped was when Dave told them to, like you said. I was also blown away by how many people yelled when Dave asked if anybody there was seeing FF for the first time. Then Dave said something like, "We've only been around for 15 years, glad you could finally make it out to a concert". Maybe it was just one of those times where everybody cheered just for the simple fact that Dave said something into the mic, who knows. But it was for sure a good 90% of the crowd.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,380
    The crowd was very lame for the most part. The only time most people popped was when Dave told them to, like you said. I was also blown away by how many people yelled when Dave asked if anybody there was seeing FF for the first time. Then Dave said something like, "We've only been around for 15 years, glad you could finally make it out to a concert". Maybe it was just one of those times where everybody cheered just for the simple fact that Dave said something into the mic, who knows. But it was for sure a good 90% of the crowd.

Little slow on the uptake there...
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    Seen them last Saturday in St.Louis,and they were great. I just couldn't help but rock out.

Bought tickets on day of the show and got first row off the floor pretty sweet!.. They had the volume cranked up in there, my old ass almost had to wear ear plugs :D...but it probably wouldn't of mattered anyways because I'm already halfway deaf from all the other shows I've been to.
  • Options
    PeTaLuMaPeTaLuMa New Jersey Posts: 54
    I have 2 tix for Monday Sept 26th at the Izod Center at the Meadowlands Complex in New Jersey
    Selling the pair for $120 which is face value and minus the service fees.

Section 239 Row 3 Seats 7&8

I recently fell, broke my hip had surgery and now have 3 screws holding the right side of my hip together.
    Did this a month ago...and while I can get around ok on crutches, I am not up to maneuvering around on them at a concert.
    If interested please PM me to arrange for pickup. I live near Flemington

Thanks
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,492
    I finally watched Back and Forth yesterday and I really liked it. I might have to say that I liked it better than PJ20. It just seemed to flow better and focused more on the making of the music. Although they did kinda skimp on In Your Honor and Echoes, Silence, Patience, and Grace in favor of an in-depth look at the making of Wasting Light. I like how they were willing to discuss the personnel changes and even had those guys interviewed to get their perspective. I'm sure they were paid to appear, but at least they got to tell their side of the story.

The funny part is that I can't help but feel that most of the doc was one big commercial/product placement for Marlboro. I think every still photograph and clip of the band had at least one member smoking or a pack of Marlboro cigarettes somewhere in the shot.
  • Options
    I went to the Foo Fighters show in Pittsburgh last night. They put on one hell of a show. Had a great turnout, and Dave was in a particularly good mood. They decided to go over the curfew, and didn't care about paying the fine. Kind of cool that there were 18,000+ fans in the house, and Dave said it was the biggest crowd of the tour so far.
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
  • Options
    Selling my ticket to Mondays (Sept 26) show at the IZOD Center in NJ. Section 2, Row Y, Seat 1. $60.
    Must meet me in person, kinda need cash (or a check made out to cash) and dont wanna express mail this thing. Just message me or e-mail me ASAP. <!-- e --><a href="mailto:burnsr4@student.wpunj.edu">burnsr4@student.wpunj.edu</a><!-- e -->
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • Options
    animusanimus Twin Cities area Posts: 530
    i'd trade hearing the TP cover of breakdown and queen's tie your mother down to have heard In the Flesh
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    The last time I saw Dave Grohl (with Them Crooked Vultures) was a few hours before a car crash that has changed me physically and emotionally forever, as well as almost taking my life. Seeing him and Foos tomorrow night is going to bring on a flood of emotions. Not sure if I'm ready for it!
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165

I did. I love Pearl Jam heads and shoulders above Foo Fighters, but I liked how open the Foos were. I think it's just not Ed's style to dish which I completely respect but I would have liked to see some uncomfortable topics discussed. I did enjoy Pearl Jam Twenty though, don't get me wrong!

The Andy Wood documentary was pretty good too. What a year!
  • Options
    Pearl JamesPearl James Pittsburgh/Chicago Posts: 420
    I saw Foo in pittsburgh two nights ago. WOW! What a show! Now I did some research and found out they generally play the same set every night, but it is a fantastic tour. They actually released an album without just one big hit but many, it was fantastic to hear the new album plus hits. Highlights were the first five songs, (Bridge Burning, Rope, Pretender, My Hero, Learn to Fly), Arlandria, Times Like These solo to full band, and of course Everlong to close. Not only that, but I caught Taylor Hawkins drumstick after the show when he threw it into the crowd, unreal. I already have it hung up on my wall :D
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Went last night in Buffalo.

Blew me away. They brought Krist Novoselic out too which was awesome.
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:

Wow!! What did he play with them?
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Newch91 wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

Wow!! What did he play with them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZTYfwca3Zg