Jeff Ament spoke to my class yesterday

Comments

• Great post, man. Thanks so much for the insightful notes. You'll remember that for a long time.
    I can get you a toe by three o'clock...
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    I just cannot believe the mentality of some of the people here. Leave this guy and his professor alone......sheesh

Most the heavy posting people around are here loons..... I have met several of them ;)
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • upina2001upina2001 Posts: 764
    Thanks For Sharing!!!

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• zootownzootown Posts: 666
    Im wondering how many of you naysayers have even been to Missoula? If you had, you would have no problem believing Evil Beavers' post as 100% true. I have encountered Jeff many times, at a coffee shop, in a taco shop and even at Barnes and Noble for chrissakes. Missoula is a super laid back place where it is common to see famous people around town. Jeff is known to hang out at the local skate park quite often, shooting hoops at a local health club, as well as patronizing many of the local stores. Im sure that is precisely why he still has a home about 5 miles from where I am currently sitting. Many people know which house it is (including myself). And you know what, NO ONE CARES! The times I saw him, like in August in the crowded taco shop, not a single person even gave him a second look. Next time I see him, which I bet will be soon, I will tell him of the all the uproar his appearance of the U caused on this board; Im sure he have a good laugh about it!
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    zootown wrote:
    Im wondering how many of you naysayers have even been to Missoula? If you had, you would have no problem believing Evil Beavers' post as 100% true. I have encountered Jeff many times, at a coffee shop, in a taco shop and even at Barnes and Noble for chrissakes. Missoula is a super laid back place where it is common to see famous people around town. Jeff is known to hang out at the local skate park quite often, shooting hoops at a local health club, as well as patronizing many of the local stores. Im sure that is precisely why he still has a home about 5 miles from where I am currently sitting. Many people know which house it is (including myself). And you know what, NO ONE CARES! The times I saw him, like in August in the crowded taco shop, not a single person even gave him a second look. Next time I see him, which I bet will be soon, I will tell him of the all the uproar his appearance of the U caused on this board; Im sure he have a good laugh about it!

What day were you at Barnes and Noble?
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • zootownzootown Posts: 666
    what day? I think it was a Saturday...no really, the barnes and noble meeting was prior to Riot Act being released. Jeff and I talked for a few minutes and he was very gracious.
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    zootown wrote:

stalkers making plans to move to Missoula? Way to encourage them
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    The Champ wrote:
    What I meant by 'me' is that I don't go nuts over the band members like the majority here do. I couldn't care less about Stone's side projects ect, and about meeting the guys. However, I love the music and the shows that I am fortunate enough to attend. No, I'm not that obnoxious guy snapping pics. I take one or two with my cell and that's about it. I don't see what the big fucking deal is? I would have snapped a fucking pic silently so I could show a few people what an intersting and unexpected class it was. Oh and I couldn't care less if people thought I was a tool for taking a picture of Jeff at the end of class. I'm not a pussy like that..

so that is you. just becos this dude didnt doesn't mean he's lying.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Mohab wrote:
    I mean they were probably ready for that kind of wierdness booking a celebrity.
    They asked a local boy to come and share his experience. This local boy happens to be Jeff Ament of Pearl Jam.

Thanks for sharing your story. It must have been awesome!
  • Everyone, it's cool. Let's all be friends again.

I got pretty paranoid yesterday after I learned people were calling my professor and e-mailing him. I guess it's a natural reaction, and I see why my post may have come across as a hoax, but do people really go to those lengths to post erroneous information in that much detail? I couldn't make shit like that up even if I tried.

Anyway, there have been a few requests for more information from Jeff's presentation, and there's definitely more that could be said. You are probably going to execute me after I say this, but I'm going to hold off until I'm sure that my first innocent post didn't piss anyone off from the University of Montana camp. I'll deal with it either way. Jeff's speech was at a public university and I feel that I handled it appropriately.

- Evil Beaver
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    BeerBaron wrote:
    The sad thing is that yes, people around here do go to great lengths to make up stories just to piss everyone off.

The downside to that is that when someone like you comes on here to post a real story (I am one of the few who believes your story) you get shit on by everyone on here.

I seriously hope that no one called your professor to confirm your story.

If you have more info from Jeff's appearance, I'd love to hear it.

I'm agreeing with this, wholeheartedly.
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    Everyone, it's cool. Let's all be friends again.

I got pretty paranoid yesterday after I learned people were calling my professor and e-mailing him. I guess it's a natural reaction, and I see why my post may have come across as a hoax, but do people really go to those lengths to post erroneous information in that much detail? I couldn't make shit like that up even if I tried.

Anyway, there have been a few requests for more information from Jeff's presentation, and there's definitely more that could be said. You are probably going to execute me after I say this, but I'm going to hold off until I'm sure that my first innocent post didn't piss anyone off from the University of Montana camp. I'll deal with it either way. Jeff's speech was at a public university and I feel that I handled it appropriately.

- Evil Beaver

People round here can be bitchy, but hang around long enough, and you will see why they are so skeptical.

I honestly dunno whether to believe it or not. People have put some serious work into hoaxes on here before.

OK, even if the Bonaroo thing was just an added lie, we know Jeff spoke, so there was still lotsa cool info. If its true, itsa a pretty sweet heads up for all the people that need to save money. And when the lineup is announced and tickets go on sale, people are gonna go see PJ at 'roo or be sittin on a nice chunk of change.

Would also like to point out that your post showed up about a half hour another board member posted about his friend bein in the class or somethin so.
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    Hey Evil Beaver...they're just jealous. Don't let them get you down. I believe you.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • wow, this must be a record....i think every person in this pit posted on this thread. and not even the same people over and over (for the most part haha) but damn
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
  • wow, this must be a record....i think every person in this pit posted on this thread. and not even the same people over and over (for the most part haha) but damn
    I haven't.......

Oh wait! Now I have ;)

Cool story EB, not farfetched in my opinion. I'll go on the record and say I believe this. Did Jeff talk briefly about his artwork contributions (like which album/single covers he did before calling it quits), did he say more about it than what you posted? I think he was still doing it up to Yield but I'm not sure.

:)
  • Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Thanks for sharing!
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Yes, thanks for the post. I enjoyed reading it. :)
    A real possibility I may meet you in my dreams ~ I go to sleep
  • acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    Everyone, it's cool. Let's all be friends again.

- Evil Beaver

I can not believe people here called the professor. R U people nuts?
    U go to lengths like that to get proof and for more info?
    I love PJ just as much as the next guy but hey.......get a fucking life!
    If u did that then u got major problems.......Major problems.
    Really, I like the fact that I can come here and talk about my favorite band and about other fun stuff with other people but some of u need help. U need a girl friend or a job.
    Fucked up guys.....fucked up.
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • fyreguy73fyreguy73 Posts: 168
    thank-you,
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

I wish I was the verb "to trust"
    and never let you down.

Brisbane 1, 06
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    wow, I was sucked into the story and I believe it's true, hands down. Go beaver!!!
  • I pm'd you back. Don't fear the board.
    when you get confused just listen to the music play........

"You damn well can't lick the system,but you can sure give it a good fondeling."-sleazy estate man(Hugh Laurie on A bit of Fry and Laurie)

"Judas Priest on a two stroke moped!"(Stephen Fry)
  • I can not believe people here called the professor. R U people nuts?
    U go to lengths like that to get proof and for more info?
    I love PJ just as much as the next guy but hey.......get a fucking life!
    If u did that then u got major problems.......Major problems.
    Really, I like the fact that I can come here and talk about my favorite band and about other fun stuff with other people but some of u need help. U need a girl friend or a job.
    Fucked up guys.....fucked up.

Type properly and then I'll take you seriously.

As far as getting a job and a girlfriend? ...I am married and make 230k a year working as a Gemstar programmer. Making a 2-minute phone call doesn't detract from that.
  • RyeGuyRyeGuy Posts: 215
    Thats must of been really cool and unexpected. lol. I hope theres more than just one date lined up. ..........In other news DEEP mag is making its rounds.
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense." Ed Ved

"No one cares about climbing stairs, Nothing at the top no more." Chris Cornell
  • damn, 16 pages in a day and a half. is that a record? I'm sure the story is true and all, but does Univ of Montana actually have an 'Entertainment Mgmt' class? I thought you all were treehugging granolas and had no interest in entertainment.
    "Smokey, this is not Nam, this is bowling. There are rules. If you mark that frame an 8 you are entering a world of pain."
  • Type properly and then I'll take you seriously.

As far as getting a job and a girlfriend? ...I am married and make 230k a year working as a Gemstar programmer. Making a 2-minute phone call doesn't detract from that.

Money and a girl doesn't excuse being a meathead, but...we all act like one at some point or another.
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    I just sat hear and read this whole thread. Wow, you people amaze me.
    Evil Beaver, good times dude. What an awesome experience.
    I'm sorry these peeps ruined what you just wanted to share.........and thank you for sharing :)
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    Great story, would've been an amazing experience to be there - congrats! :)
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    Anybody that contacted the professor is a fuckin douche, and should be banned from the board and kicked outta 10c.

I like PJ and all, but you coulda seriously fucked with the guys future.
  • Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    Anybody that contacted the professor is a fuckin douche, and should be banned from the board and kicked outta 10c.

I like PJ and all, but you coulda seriously fucked with the guys future.
    hmm
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
  • acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    Type properly and then I'll take you seriously.

If that is the case then u r a sad sad person.
    Wow.....Gemstar programmer....what a gas huh?
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.