Jeff Ament spoke to my class yesterday

Comments

• guertin32guertin32 Posts: 205
    No one did this yet so....

"Jeff Ament spoke in... class today...."
    http://www.myspace.com/cravingstrangemusic <- my band
    MSG - NYC - 9-10-1998
    MSG - NYC - 9-11-1998 (BEST FKING SHOW!)
    Jones Beach - 8-25-2000
    Nassau Coliseum - 4-30-2003
    Irving Plaza - 5-5-06 (another great show)
    New Jersey - 6-1-06
    MSG - NYC - 6.24.08
  • acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    guertin32 wrote:
    No one did this yet so....

"Jeff Ament spoke in... class today...."
    whoooo whoooo whoooo whoooo.......
    OOOooaaaaaaaaaaaoooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaoooooooo Spoken!!!!!
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • guertin32guertin32 Posts: 205
    whoooo whoooo whoooo whoooo.......
    OOOooaaaaaaaaaaaoooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaoooooooo Spoken!!!!!

LMAO!

"Clearly I remember, pickin on the boy... seemed a harmless little bass player.."
    http://www.myspace.com/cravingstrangemusic <- my band
    MSG - NYC - 9-10-1998
    MSG - NYC - 9-11-1998 (BEST FKING SHOW!)
    Jones Beach - 8-25-2000
    Nassau Coliseum - 4-30-2003
    Irving Plaza - 5-5-06 (another great show)
    New Jersey - 6-1-06
    MSG - NYC - 6.24.08
  • Type properly and then I'll take you seriously.

As far as getting a job and a girlfriend? ...I am married and make 230k a year working as a Gemstar programmer. Making a 2-minute phone call doesn't detract from that.

Wow man, you are awesome! 230k a year AND a wife! I am seriously impressed. With that much money i'm shocked you chose to stay home and be psychotic by calling some stranger's professor instead of being out spending it on cars, hookers and PJ posters. You are Awesome!!! I can't thank you enough for directly causing Evil Beaver to be hesitant to post more info from the lecture. Have a great weekend with all that money!
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    :):)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    Wow man, you are awesome! 230k a year AND a wife! I am seriously impressed. With that much money i'm shocked you chose to stay home and be psychotic by calling some stranger's professor instead of being out spending it on cars, hookers and PJ posters. You are Awesome!!! I can't thank you enough for directly causing Evil Beaver to be hesitant to post more info from the lecture. Have a great weekend with all that money!
    haha- I love it!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • With that much money i'm shocked you chose to stay home and be psychotic by calling some stranger's professor instead of being out spending it on cars, hookers and PJ posters.

Making a 2-minute phone call doesn't detract him from that.
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677

Still taking the results of Philly being the "ugliest" city in the country pretty hard, eh?
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • The Champ wrote:
    Why is it hard to believe? Lou does it all day long ;)..

Hysterical!!!!
  • WHIPSONWHIPSON Posts: 86
    Very cool!! Something they will remember forever! Thanks for sharing!
    Lolla St. Paul 1992
    Minneapolis 1998
    Minneapolis 2003
    St. Paul 2006
    Kansas City 2010
    Wrigley 2013
    St. Paul 2014
    Wrigley1 2016
    St. Paul Night 1 2023
    St. Paul Night 2 2023
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Ed is the last one to come into the fold? I guess he wants to make his grand entrance! Thanks for sharing! Pretty cool day for you!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • releesemereleeseme Posts: 387
    Great story. This board really does have some good posters. Not everyone here is as messed up as all the doubters whe were calling and emailing your prof. That is just plain pathetic.
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • mookie9999 wrote:
    Still taking the results of Philly being the "ugliest" city in the country pretty hard, eh?

Nah dude. I love being ugly!
  • Wow man, you are awesome! 230k a year AND a wife! I am seriously impressed. With that much money i'm shocked you chose to stay home and be psychotic by calling some stranger's professor instead of being out spending it on cars, hookers and PJ posters. You are Awesome!!! I can't thank you enough for directly causing Evil Beaver to be hesitant to post more info from the lecture. Have a great weekend with all that money!

*own'd*
  • Jesus Christ. I honestly don't understand why people are making such a big deal about me calling up the professor. Everybody who was giving Evil Beaver a hard time and calling him a bullshitter are making me the bad guy in the situation because I chose to find out firsthand. The cel phone number was posted on a public website. I didn't mention Evil Beaver by (screen)name, and apologized to him when I found out he was upset by the call. The professor was cool with it. It was very casual. Again, everybody is making a bigger deal out of this than it should have been, and should chill the fuck out.

(I only mentioned my wife and job because that person with the inability to type "you" and "are" brought it up first. Calling someone does not an obsessive fanboy make.)
    Jesus Christ. I honestly don't understand why people are making such a big deal about me calling up the professor. Everybody who was giving Evil Beaver a hard time and calling him a bullshitter are making me the bad guy in the situation because I chose to find out firsthand. The cel phone number was posted on a public website. I didn't mention Evil Beaver by (screen)name, and apologized to him when I found out he was upset by the call. The professor was cool with it. It was very casual. Again, everybody is making a bigger deal out of this than it should have been, and should chill the fuck out.

(I only mentioned my wife and job because that person with the inability to type "you" and "are" brought it up first. Calling someone does not an obsessive fanboy make.)

Maybe "b/c" "U" "R" strange.......fanboy.
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Jesus Christ. I honestly don't understand why people are making such a big deal about me calling up the professor. Everybody who was giving Evil Beaver a hard time and calling him a bullshitter are making me the bad guy in the situation because I chose to find out firsthand. The cel phone number was posted on a public website. I didn't mention Evil Beaver by (screen)name, and apologized to him when I found out he was upset by the call. The professor was cool with it. It was very casual. Again, everybody is making a bigger deal out of this than it should have been, and should chill the fuck out.

"Excuse me professor"..."do you have an Evil Beaver in any of your classes??" :D

It's time to lock this thread .....don't we think?
    the Minions

• Master Yoda, is that you?

hahaha....Ill will, I mean not....Would be funny, I thought.
    You had me worried!
    So worried, that this would last...
    But now I'm learning, learning that this will pass...
    "Excuse me professor"..."do you have an Evil Beaver in any of your classes??" :D

It's time to lock this thread .....don't we think?
    lol. funny Oh sorry.........LAUGH OUT LOUD.
    How is that.
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Type properly and then I'll take you seriously.

As far as getting a job and a girlfriend? ...I am married and make 230k a year working as a Gemstar programmer. Making a 2-minute phone call doesn't detract from that.

You forgot to name drop a c-list celebrity and tell us how big your wiener is.
  • You forgot to name drop a c-list celebrity and tell us how big your wiener is.

Kathy Griffin vouches for my 29" dick.
  • lol. funny Oh sorry.........LAUGH OUT LOUD.
    How is that.

No, "lol" is cool and doesn't necessarily constitute typing like a 14 year old.
    "U", "R" and all of that just sounds like you're spouting off Jewel song titles.
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Kathy Kriffin vouches for my 29" dick.

Is that the famed Kathy K. Kriffin that always appears on Springer in her Klan outfit?
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • mookie9999 wrote:
    Is that the famed Kathy K. Kriffin that always appears on Springer in her Klan outfit?

DAMNIT
  • this is the dumbest thread in the history of the internet.

kat, lock it up.
    this post has been approved by grace6697.
  • No, "lol" is cool and doesn't necessarily constitute typing like a 14 year old.
    "U", "R" and all of that just sounds like you're spouting off Jewel song titles.

....love is a tower......
    You had me worried!
    So worried, that this would last...
    But now I'm learning, learning that this will pass...
    releeseme wrote:
    Great story. This board really does have some good posters. Not everyone here is as messed up as all the doubters whe were calling and emailing your prof. That is just plain pathetic.

LOL Love the quote below! hahahahaha
    Thats a great line from a great movie.
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    Jeff is the man!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • simplemansimpleman Posts: 425
    I watched " How I Met Your Mother" w/ Jeff on Monday. He told me he absolutley talked at the University.
    " Jump from a cliff to fly, not to fall..."
  • Go here and you'll find a short article on Mr. Ament's visit in the news section.

http://www.business.umt.edu/

This summary really underscores the academic value of Mr. Ament's contribution to our class. He's definitely a talented entrepreneur who also possesses some sick musical skills. If it wasn't for some savvy business decisions we may never have even heard of Pearl Jam. In fact, Jeff said that the band was accused by some critics of being "careerists" early on because they leveraged their networks and made decisions with business acumen.

If you think musical talent alone is the key to success in the music industry, you're wrong. If you want an example of an incredibly talented band that flopped because of poor decisions, check out Brian Jonestown Massacre. There's an awesome documentary about them called "Dig" available at your local video rental store.

Finally, one last plug for the Entertainment Management program at the University of Montana. More information about it can be found here:
    http://umtentertainment.org/

and here:
    http://www.business.umt.edu/entertainment/

Let me tell you something. The entertainment management certificate I'll be handed at the end of this year is just a cherry on top of the master's degree that I'm really here to get. But it's by far the most entertaining class on my schedule (pun intended). So if you spend hours upon hours of your life talking about music on message boards, get off your ass, fill out an application and gain admission to the University of Montana so you can start making a living on your hobby.

Just don't come here expecting Eddie Vedder to be the next guest speaker.

-Evil Beaver