Options

Dogfish Head & PJ20

Comments

• Options
    baruchrbaruchr San Diego Posts: 85
    Has anyone found any in San Diego County?
    San Diego 98
    Irvine 03
    San Diego 06
    West Palm Beach 08
    Los Angeles 2 09
    San Diego 09
    Missoula 12
    Wrigley 13
    San Diego 13
    Los Angeles 1/2 13
    New York City 1/2 16
  • Options
    If anybody in NYC is still looking for a bottle send me a message and I'll let you know where to still get one.
  • Options
    I was just able to score two cases in NYC
    98: East Rutherford
    00: Saratoga Springs
    03: Albany, Uniondale, DC, MSG I & II, Holmdel
    04: Boston I
    05: Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Pittsburgh
    06: Toronto I & II, Hartford, Chicago I, Cleveland, Boston I & II, Philly I & II, DC, Milwaukee I, Vegas
    07: Lollapalooza
    08: Philly I, DC, MSG I & II
    09: Chicago I & II, LA III & IV, Philly I, II & IV
    10: St. Louis, Columbus, Buffalo, DC, Hartford, Boston
    11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Hamilton, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Sao Paulo I & II, Rio, Costa Rica, Mexico City
    12: Berlin I & II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, Philly, Pensacola
    13: Chicago, Worcester I & II, Brooklyn II, Philly I & II, Hartford, Baltimore, Charlotte, Phoenix, San Diego, LA II, Oakland, Vancouver
    14: Milan, Trieste, Cincinnati, Austin I, Memphis, St Paul, Denver, Bridge School II
    15: NYC, Bogota, Mexico City
    16: Miami, Tampa, Hampton, NYC I & II, Quebec, Toronto I, Fenway II, Wrigley II
    18: Barcelona, Madrid, Seattle I, Boston I & II
    22: Glendale, Oakland I, Sacramento, Toronto, Quebec, Hamilton, MSG, Camden, Nashville, Denver, Amsterdam I, Zurich, Vienna, Prague
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    pj23yanks wrote:

CASES??? wow, well done. Still skunked in San Fran.

Ok, I think I've stooped to an all time PJ low.

I am sending my pops out for a Faithfull Ale hunt this weekend back home in Massachusetts. There is a place in my hometown that appears to be carrying it, so, I sent my parents the link and stated this was all I wanted for Christmas. :lol:

I felt kind of bad but when I told my mom not to go any further than my hometown looking for this, she said she'd make my dad drive all over the state to get it for me. In my mom's words, "Oh Jon, thank you! This will keep your father occupied for hours and out of the house, thank you for that early Christmas gift!"

Ha! I love my mom. :D
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    jimed14 wrote:
    pj23yanks wrote:

I am sending my pops out for a Faithfull Ale hunt this weekend back home in Massachusetts. There is a place in my hometown that appears to be carrying it, so, I sent my parents the link and stated this was all I wanted for Christmas. :lol:

I felt kind of bad but when I told my mom not to go any further than my hometown looking for this, she said she'd make my dad drive all over the state to get it for me. In my mom's words, "Oh Jon, thank you! This will keep your father occupied for hours and out of the house, thank you for that early Christmas gift!"

:lol: Awesome.
    It does kinda feel like a scavenger hunt.
    Maybe he'll enjoy it as much as your Mom.
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    jimed14 wrote:
    pj23yanks wrote:

The good son
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Anyone in Chicago try Lush in Roscoe Village yet? I will be in the area tomorrow and the dogfish finder says its a go, Im to lazy to call and ask......
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    jimed14 wrote:
    pj23yanks wrote:

haha sounds like my mom
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Anyone in Chicago try Lush in Roscoe Village yet? I will be in the area tomorrow and the dogfish finder says its a go, Im to lazy to call and ask......
    Sold out like everyone else would be my guess.....your results may very
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Sold out like everyone else would be my guess.....your results may very

I'll poke my head in tomorrow and ask.....cant hurt. Oh and this one was NOT on the fish finder yesterday....
  • Options
    conman wrote:
    haha sounds like my mom

I think your old man and my old man should get together and go bowling.

47347.juddnelson.jpg

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,899
    My friends just picked me up a bottle from DE. Now I can say I will have had at least 3 of them :D.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    jimed14 wrote:
    conman wrote:
    haha sounds like my mom

I think your old man and my old man should get together and go bowling.

47347.juddnelson.jpg
    :lol::lol:
  • Options
    VedHeadVedHead Rockford,IL,USA Posts: 407
    VedHead wrote:
    Long time PJ fan here from from Rockford, IL (=middle of nowhere midwest USA) and succummed to the fact that I would not get to try Faithful Ale.

However, I am currently in Pittsuburgh on a business trip and walked into a niche B&G with Doghead... so I ask "do you have the new Dogfish Head called---" The bartender immediately said "PJ20"? I said "YES". He said "I've got 2 left, but they are $22 each". I said "I'll drink one now, but I cant bring one on the plane back to Chicago". He said, "well you could drink one and save one and put it into your checked luggage". I decided to buy one and share it with a bunch of cool people in the bar and then see what happenned to the next (last) bottle.

Within minutes, a follow 10C member... almost out of breath... walks in and says "I heard you have Dogfish Head Faithful Ale here"...

I'm bringing home a good buzz, a great story, a new 10C friend and a great piece of glass (the empty bottle) to little old Rockford, IL

already got mine in pgh, but im curious as to where you found these? always like to know who's got the good dfh and other beers in my city

Bocktown about 5 miles from the airport...
    I'm trying to think of a really good signature.
  • Options
    DD10798DD10798 San Francisco Posts: 44
    Faithfull Ale in San Francisco, CA

Blackwells on Geary has 1 case. $15 each, limit one bottle. Not on display, ask for it.

Get one while you can.

You know, the Richmond District is a good PJ neighborhood. Outside Lands, PJ20 and PJ beer all within walking distance of my place. How convenient.
    1995: San Francisco, San Jose
    1997: Oakland
    1998: Inglewood
    2000: Las Vegas, San Bernardino, Sacramento, Mt. View
    2003: Mt. View, Mt View (Bridge School night 1)
    2006: Santa Barbara, San Francisco II
    2009: San Francisco
    2010: Mt. View (Bridge School night 1)
    2013: Oakland
    2020: Oakland I, Oakland II
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    For anyone in upstate NY or eastern ontario, the IGA supermarket in Potsdam NY has some Faithfull. They had a case last week and I was able to score the last bottle. They got another case today and it is being sold 1 per customer. I think I paid 14.99. The place also has a ton of other awesome craft beer for being a super market in a little town.
  • Options
    Bay Area beer/PJ fans.....

I just got home from City Beer Store in San Francisco (~8th/Folsom). They had a couple cases but had not put it on shelves yet (it was for sale, just not displayed yet). I talked to one of the guys there, and he said they'll put it out tomorrow, so you'll want to hurry.

Also, if you miss out there, Willow Market in Menlo Park is expecting some next week.

edit: I bought 2 bottles and after trying the beer, I'd be willing to let the second go (locally, I don't wanna ship) in a few weeks if someone gets shut out. Just PM me if you want it.
  • Options
    Joe78Joe78 Posts: 5
    What are you guys paying for a case?
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,415
    Funny how the reviews are all over the place from Awful to great...lol. :lol:
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    JV130312 wrote:
    Funny how the reviews are all over the place from Awful to great...lol. :lol:

I would say it's just OK. Nothing special, somewhat disappointing. I will say at first I did not like it so I closed the bottle and left it in the fridge for 2 days. When I finished the bottle I liked it better the second time.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    Ed134Ed134 Posts: 54
    Faithful Ale here and gone from Chicagoland Binny's. They said they're not getting anymore in.

I would have liked a bottle, but I've had great PJ luck this year: PJ20 tix, backpack and blu-ray. Can't complain.
  • Options
    sfrench wrote:
    Bay Area beer/PJ fans.....

I just got home from City Beer Store in San Francisco (~8th/Folsom). They had a couple cases but had not put it on shelves yet (it was for sale, just not displayed yet). I talked to one of the guys there, and he said they'll put it out tomorrow, so you'll want to hurry.

Also, if you miss out there, Willow Market in Menlo Park is expecting some next week.

edit: I bought 2 bottles and after trying the beer, I'd be willing to let the second go (locally, I don't wanna ship) in a few weeks if someone gets shut out. Just PM me if you want it.

Of course, City Beer announcement right after my comment on the last page about sending my parents out in Mass for some. :lol:

Sadly, I cannot get there until about 7 PM tonight. Here's hoping they have one or two still in stock.

Thanks for the tip.

• Options
    Ed134 wrote:
    Faithful Ale here and gone from Chicagoland Binny's. They said they're not getting anymore in.

I would have liked a bottle, but I've had great PJ luck this year: PJ20 tix, backpack and blu-ray. Can't complain.
    I'm in the same boat. I was going to drive up today but there is none left to be had. Oh well.
  • Options
    Ed134Ed134 Posts: 54
    Via twitter Binny's said the whole Chicago market only got 60 cases total.
  • Options
    Ed134 wrote:
    Via twitter Binny's said the whole Chicago market only got 60 cases total.

wow

seems like we should have gotten a few more...you know, with the whole 8 million plus residents in the area and all
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    Apparently a Dogfish Head rep, told a local store owner, that only 20 cases were sent to the entire state of Michigan...WTF??? There are tons of people on this thread talking about buying it by the case. I'm hoping more is sent on the next go-round. I did manage to score some though! :mrgreen:
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    I was able to score a case in the lehigh valley area of PA. One store said they had one case and it lasted 30 mins with only one bottle per person. The second store sold me the whole case, they said it was the first and last case they were getting with only 10 cases released in the whole area. Now what to do with the beer? Maybe a pj drunk fest at the house with some friends while watching pj20!!!!
  • Options
    Over a week and it's still sitting on the shelves at 2 places near my house. Bought one last night.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    Apparently a Dogfish Head rep, told a local store owner, that only 20 cases were sent to the entire state of Michigan...WTF??? There are tons of people on this thread talking about buying it by the case. I'm hoping more is sent on the next go-round. I did manage to score some though! :mrgreen:

Ohio only got 10 from what I was told.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    Staceb10Staceb10 Posts: 682
    Evensteven wrote:
    Over a week and it's still sitting on the shelves at 2 places near my house. Bought one last night.

WHAT?? Where? I'm in Atlanta and haven't found any.