Options

Dogfish Head & PJ20

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    shadowcast wrote:
    Binny's on Grand is SOLD OUT. I was told that all Binny's in Chicago are sold out.
    They lied

Just picked one up in schaumburg. Had to ask for it. Limit one. Looked like they had two cases.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    seems to be sold out in Raleigh/Durham, NC
  • Options
    shadowcast wrote:
    Binny's on Grand is SOLD OUT. I was told that all Binny's in Chicago are sold out.

Try on Clark in Lakeview. Got mine this morning there. I will say its funny though, for weeks I've been calling all the Binnys on the Northside and they all tell me the same thing. "We get our DFH deliveries on Wednesday and it hits the shelfs Thursday morning. Yet all of this stuff snuck in on Monday I guess......go figure.
  • Options
    I also tried the Whole Foods on Ashland, Halsted, Kinsgbury and S. Canal and none had it.....
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    81 wrote:
    shadowcast wrote:
    They lied

Just picked one up in schaumburg. Had to ask for it. Limit one. Looked like they had two cases.
    Fuckers
  • Options
    mvw wrote:
    :cry: I'm striking out big time here in Chicagoland. Everyplace I have gone to or called has said they had it in and it is sold out. What a load of crap! Everyone was saying they either received them on this past Monday or Tuesday, but they were not up on the Fish Finder until today. I guess you have to be in the right place at the right time. If there is a chance of anyone being able to find some around here and picking me up an extra I would be forever grateful.
    Binnys in lakeview had about twenty bottles an hour or so ago. One per person...only place I've seen it so far.

There are about 6 bottles left as of RIGHT FRIGGIN' NOW. It's on Wellington/Clark/Halsted.

So glad I turned 21 last month... :)
  • Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,659
    I found one in Niles. Limit 1- they have 1 case they just received about an hour ago.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i'm gonna swing by after work to get a second...if it doesn't sell out before then

checked whole foods schaumburg since whole foods was reported on dog fish...nothing
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Checked 'Whole Foods' off Sawmill in Columbus last night around 8:30PM, and talked to their beer guy for a second. He said that they actually didn't get one single bottle. So looks like Columbus is sold out for sure. That is until the 2nd batch get released. I'll keep checking whole foods though this week to see if they somehow get it.
  • Options
    If you are in Chicago, South Loop Market on Michigan Avenue has several bottles in stock. Just bought two five minutes ago.
  • Options
    penny lane2penny lane2 Illinois Posts: 81
    Just talked to Binny's in Plainfield IL and they said they don't have any but might get 1 case at some point. He said I was like the 300th person at that location to ask for it. He said people come in telling him stories of how they have seen the band like 45-50 times, people got married because of pearl jam, etc. Because of the demand he did say that Dogfish head is making another much larger batch for 2012, if that makes anyone feel better that's missing out like me.
    "If I knew where it was I would take you there...."
  • Options
    keelycankeelycan Via Chicago Posts: 409
    shadowcast wrote:

Try on Clark in Lakeview. Got mine this morning there. I will say its funny though, for weeks I've been calling all the Binnys on the Northside and they all tell me the same thing. "We get our DFH deliveries on Wednesday and it hits the shelfs Thursday morning. Yet all of this stuff snuck in on Monday I guess......go figure.

Thanks picked one up they still had some 20 minutes ago at customer service!
    Soldier Field 1995~Alpine Valley June I,II 1998~ United Center 2003~Alpine Valley 2003~Madison Square Garden I,II 2003~Toledo VFC 2004~Montreal 2005~Ottowa 2005~United Center I,II 2006~Cincinnati 2006~Summerfest I,II 2006~The Vic Theatre 2007~Lollapalooza 2007~Bonnaroo 2008~United Center I,II 2009~EV Chicago I,II 2008~Austin City Limits 2009~EV Chicago I,II 2011~Alpine Valley Sep 03,04 2011~Wrigley Field 2013~Seattle 2013
  • Options
    Just got my one allowed bottle at Binny's in St. Charles like an hour ago. They took no reservations. The case arrived mid morning. I believe I was the first one to get a bottle from them. It is not on the shelves, so you have to ask. I would call ahead, but as of now there should be some still available. Again, it is limit one per person. I thought about bringing some people with me, but I'm hoping some fellow ten clubbers can head over there and help themselves. It is $14.99 per bottle. Not sure if this is the Binny's markup or the Illinois markup, but I'm guessing we can blame it on our state.
    Oct 00 - East Troy aka The Ice Bowl
    Apr 03 - Champaign
    Jun 03 - East Troy
    May 06 - Chicago
    Jun 06 - Summerfest 1 & 2
    Aug 09 - Chicago 1 & 2
    May 10 - Noblesville
    Sept 11 - PJ20 1 & 2
    July 13 - Wrigley
    Oct 13 - Pittsburgh
    Oct 14 - Moline & Milwaukee
    Aug 16 - Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    If anyone in the Chicago area could pick me up a bottle or two that would be awesome. I can PayPal the cash now and come pick it up this weekend. I live in central Illinois and Chicago is the closest place that got any. Just send me a pm if you can help. Any help at all would be much appreciated thanks.
  • Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 696
    I'm exhausted and throwing in the towel. I've looked all over Central Ohio and the answers I got were either we didn't get any or we are sold out.

I think I'm just going to write PJ20 on a can of Yuengling and say I'm drinking it.
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    81 wrote:

Thanks for the heads up 81!! I just stopped by and they still had about a case and a half left! :D
    '95 - 2
    '98 - 6
    '00 - 8
    '03 - 15
    '04 - 2
    '05 - 1
    '06 - 8
    '07 - 2 (Vic!)
    '08 - 2
    '09 - 2
    '10 - 2 (50th show!)
    '11 - 2 (PJ20)
    '13 - 4
    '14 - 4

Total = 60 (1st: Milwaukee 7/8/95, Last: Milwaukee Next: TBD in 2015)
  • Options
    PJ 4 Ever wrote:
    81 wrote:

Thanks for the heads up 81!! I just stopped by and they still had about a case and a half left! :D

:thumbup: :clap:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    JSharpe187 wrote:
    mvw wrote:
    :cry: I'm striking out big time here in Chicagoland. Everyplace I have gone to or called has said they had it in and it is sold out. What a load of crap! Everyone was saying they either received them on this past Monday or Tuesday, but they were not up on the Fish Finder until today. I guess you have to be in the right place at the right time. If there is a chance of anyone being able to find some around here and picking me up an extra I would be forever grateful.
    Binnys in lakeview had about twenty bottles an hour or so ago. One per person...only place I've seen it so far.

There are about 6 bottles left as of RIGHT FRIGGIN' NOW. It's on Wellington/Clark/Halsted.

My buddy just got one from here about 15 minutes ago! Thanks for the heads up!
    '95 - 2
    '98 - 6
    '00 - 8
    '03 - 15
    '04 - 2
    '05 - 1
    '06 - 8
    '07 - 2 (Vic!)
    '08 - 2
    '09 - 2
    '10 - 2 (50th show!)
    '11 - 2 (PJ20)
    '13 - 4
    '14 - 4

• Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,854
    Looks like it is pretty much sold out around Raleigh NC, not having luck anywhere.

Any word when the next batch is due out?
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    I'm exhausted and throwing in the towel. I've looked all over Central Ohio and the answers I got were either we didn't get any or we are sold out.

I think I'm just going to write PJ20 on a can of Yuengling and say I'm drinking it.

That would probably taste better
  • Options
    jjm33jjm33 Posts: 195
    Boston Area Alert: All Star Liquor Mart in Newton Upper Falls has 2 bottles on the shelf as of 4 pm today.
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    Tenzing N. wrote:

That would probably taste better

:lol:
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    a5pj wrote:
    Looks like it is pretty much sold out around Raleigh NC, not having luck anywhere.

Any word when the next batch is due out?

By the end of December, according to the DF website.
    '95 - 2
    '98 - 6
    '00 - 8
    '03 - 15
    '04 - 2
    '05 - 1
    '06 - 8
    '07 - 2 (Vic!)
    '08 - 2
    '09 - 2
    '10 - 2 (50th show!)
    '11 - 2 (PJ20)
    '13 - 4
    '14 - 4

• Options
    I knew i should have not told you fuckers.....schaumburg is sold out
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Any word if Long Island got any? I've asked around and every beer distributor I deal with said they haven't had Dogfish in months...
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    Not sure if anyone's posted a review on the actual beer itself but after tasting it myself last night I must say that I'm not really impressed with it at all!

Lagunitas would of brewed a better tasting (and much stronger!) beer to commemorate PJ's 20th anniversary in my opinion. But if you like the taste of Budweiser you'll probably love Faithful Ale!

RM
  • Options
    KH111937 wrote:
    If you are in Chicago, South Loop Market on Michigan Avenue has several bottles in stock. Just bought two five minutes ago.

Just got the last one (that they had in the cooler) - you might want to call to see if they have more before going there
  • Options
    Someone needs to make an "F5 beer" to bring this fucker full circle.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    I knew i should have not told you fuckers.....schaumburg is sold out

But you should find comfort knowing you made a lot of people happy! (Like me!! :D )
    '95 - 2
    '98 - 6
    '00 - 8
    '03 - 15
    '04 - 2
    '05 - 1
    '06 - 8
    '07 - 2 (Vic!)
    '08 - 2
    '09 - 2
    '10 - 2 (50th show!)
    '11 - 2 (PJ20)
    '13 - 4
    '14 - 4

• Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    Wrangler wrote:
    Any word if Long Island got any? I've asked around and every beer distributor I deal with said they haven't had Dogfish in months...
    everyone i know is striking out