Options

Dogfish Head & PJ20

Comments

• Options
    derbydave wrote:
    Hey OHIO....
    It's HERE...at least in Columbus!!!
    Just picked up 2 bottles at Gentile's in Grandview!!!
    GO GET IT... :ugeek:

Thanks for the heads up. I called and just picked up the last bottle. While I was in there, looks like someone was hoarding 6 bottles to themselves. But at least I got one! :D

I think I saw those same bottles on the shelf when I was in about 2:30 today!

I drove like MFC down to the North Market and picked up their last two bottles... When I got down there, the lady informed me that there were actually a few more that the guy didn't tell me about during the phone call, but those "few" (probably around 3) were gone by the time I got there.

PS -- When you're driving around town, trying to find "Faithfull Ale", songs like Not For You and Rearviewmirror are baaaaaaaad to listen to. :lol:
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    The Root Cellar in Cincinnati just got a case in. They now have 10 bottles left. Go get em!

Anybody here from Cincinnati get their hands on any of these?
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    I just wanted to let folks know that Faithful Ale is in San Jose, CA!!! I found a place called Wine Affairs in The Alameda that had 'em!! I walked in and it was a swanky wine tasting bar and thought for a second that they probably wouldn't have any.

The bartender checked her stock behind the bar up and down but couldn't find one but thankfully she asked her fellow co-worker who told her that they were still downstairs as they just received them in!!!

She proceeds to bring up 4 bottles and told me they were $22 a bottle in which I told her i would take 'em! The other guy ended up giving me a discount though and I ended up only paying $14 per bottle! Sweet!

Looking forward to cracking one open tonight and listening to a little PJ while doing so! I was so tempted to open up one last night when I got home but I had company over and the bottles were still warm anyway so I decided not to ruin the experience by rushing it.

RM
  • Options
    derbydave wrote:
    Hey OHIO....
    It's HERE...at least in Columbus!!!
    Just picked up 2 bottles at Gentile's in Grandview!!!
    GO GET IT... :ugeek:

Thanks for the heads up. I called and just picked up the last bottle. While I was in there, looks like someone was hoarding 6 bottles to themselves. But at least I got one! :D

I think I saw those same bottles on the shelf when I was in about 2:30 today!

I drove like MFC down to the North Market and picked up their last two bottles... When I got down there, the lady informed me that there were actually a few more that the guy didn't tell me about during the phone call, but those "few" (probably around 3) were gone by the time I got there.

PS -- When you're driving around town, trying to find "Faithfull Ale", songs like Not For You and Rearviewmirror are baaaaaaaad to listen to. :lol:

LOL, yeah they were on a table with a sticky note attached to them. I asked if he was sure he didn't have any more, he said no. The guy there was real nice though, so I didn't push it. Would have liked to get 2 so I could drink one and save the other. I watched a few reviews on youtube, most people said that it was kind of like a heavy coors light, so I'll probably just keep it sealed.

On one youtube video, (NotYourDadsBeer.com i think it was), they said that only 2,000 bottles were made for distribution in the US. So doubt there will be any more... But oh well, at least I got one. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,413
    Blue Dog in Lansdale, PA had 5 bottles left this afternoon. I got two but they still had 5 remaining. $15.19 a bottle with tax included...
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    The Root Cellar in Cincinnati just got a case in. They now have 10 bottles left. Go get em!

Thanks so much for the heads up!!

That place is right around the corner from where I work so I stopped by on the way home. I got the last bottle.
  • Options

Thanks so much for the heads up!!

That place is right around the corner from where I work so I stopped by on the way home. I got the last bottle.

Very cool, I'm glad you got it. I was hoping some fellow 10C people would get them.

I live about 5 minutes away from them so I called this morning, he said he got it and I was there 5 minutes later haha.
  • Options
    poto101poto101 Posts: 386
    I was lucky to get the last bottle at binnys in arlington heights illinois :-)
    It's all happening....

East Troy 2003
    Chicago x2, Summerfest x2, 2006
    Chicago THE VIC, Lollapalooza, 2007
    bonnaROOOOOOO 2008
    Chicago x2 2009

(EV chicago 2008 night 2)
  • Options
    jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    I picked up a few bottles that were just delivered today here in Toledo,OH.

I did get a bottle of Bitches Brew since it was highly recomended. We will see ....
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    poto101 wrote:

guess i'm going to the local location tomorrow at lunch
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    81 wrote:
    poto101 wrote:

i thought you didn't care
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    conman wrote:
    81 wrote:
    poto101 wrote:

:shh:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,091
    conman wrote:
    81 wrote:
    poto101 wrote:

binys in the city didn't have any
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    Looks like I'll have some calls to make tomorrow morning. If I get any confirmations of Faithfull Ale in stock in Chicagoland, I'll be sure to pass the spots along.
    Oct 00 - East Troy aka The Ice Bowl
    Apr 03 - Champaign
    Jun 03 - East Troy
    May 06 - Chicago
    Jun 06 - Summerfest 1 & 2
    Aug 09 - Chicago 1 & 2
    May 10 - Noblesville
    Sept 11 - PJ20 1 & 2
    July 13 - Wrigley
    Oct 13 - Pittsburgh
    Oct 14 - Moline & Milwaukee
    Aug 16 - Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    BH198990BH198990 Posts: 174
    Michigan???? Anybody?
    Discount Drinks in Wyandotte, ask for dave if you callafter 1pm....(thats me!)...about 5 btls left after presale.
    also check merchants in dearborn, or call holiday market in canton.

cheers! gotmine!
  • Options
    poto101poto101 Posts: 386
    Looks like I'll have some calls to make tomorrow morning. If I get any confirmations of Faithfull Ale in stock in Chicagoland, I'll be sure to pass the spots along.

I got an email response from the head of midwest sales for dogfish, he said binnys was the best bet. So far, he is right.
    It's all happening....

East Troy 2003
    Chicago x2, Summerfest x2, 2006
    Chicago THE VIC, Lollapalooza, 2007
    bonnaROOOOOOO 2008
    Chicago x2 2009

(EV chicago 2008 night 2)
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Don't know if this has been posted yet...
    But I saw a post on twitter from Dogfish Head that they are doing
    ANOTHER BATCH of FAITHFULL ALE!!!
    So hang in there if you haven't been able to find it yet... :ugeek:
    Here's the post from twitter:
    dogfishbeer Dogfish Head Brewery
    And among other great news, we ARE brewing another round of Faithfull Ale for distribution!
    Should be out by end of year :)
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    hey Chicago people.....

Faithfull ale is now on the dogfish finder

mostly in the city...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Looks like I'll be spending my morning hitting up the local binnys!
  • Options

and whole foods

i'm going to swing by my local binny's and see if they snuck some in....even tho it doesn't show on the fish finder. :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

and whole foods

i'm going to swing by my local binny's and see if they snuck some in....even tho it doesn't show on the fish finder. :x

I'll be hitting every place on that fish finder list in about an hour. You're not in the city are you? You want me to grab you a bottle if I come across extras, or just let you know where I got it?
  • Options
    81 wrote:

and whole foods

I think Fish Finder sucks. It never did show the place where I bought it from.
  • Options
    Binny's in Algonquin reserved their case for people before it came in. Said they got it in on Monday. Wish my local Binny's would reserve beers. The Binny's in St. Charles said they haven't got any in yet. The Whole Foods in Naperville said they didn't have any either. I called every suburban location on the DogFish Head Fish Finder and all of them said they did a reserve list and they are all spoken for. It sounds like an SOL situation at this point. I know a guy at a mom & pop liquor store that gets DFH, so if they happen to get any ever, I'll be sure to spread the wealth if I can get some.
    Oct 00 - East Troy aka The Ice Bowl
    Apr 03 - Champaign
    Jun 03 - East Troy
    May 06 - Chicago
    Jun 06 - Summerfest 1 & 2
    Aug 09 - Chicago 1 & 2
    May 10 - Noblesville
    Sept 11 - PJ20 1 & 2
    July 13 - Wrigley
    Oct 13 - Pittsburgh
    Oct 14 - Moline & Milwaukee
    Aug 16 - Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    81 wrote:

and whole foods

I'll be hitting every place on that fish finder list in about an hour. You're not in the city are you? You want me to grab you a bottle if I come across extras, or just let you know where I got it?

post up where yout get it if you find it....it's not that big of a deal to me....if i find a bottle great, if not, i'll pick up a 6 pack of good beer.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,659
    :cry: I'm striking out big time here in Chicagoland. Everyplace I have gone to or called has said they had it in and it is sold out. What a load of crap! Everyone was saying they either received them on this past Monday or Tuesday, but they were not up on the Fish Finder until today. I guess you have to be in the right place at the right time. If there is a chance of anyone being able to find some around here and picking me up an extra I would be forever grateful.
  • Options
    VedHead wrote:
    Long time PJ fan here from from Rockford, IL (=middle of nowhere midwest USA) and succummed to the fact that I would not get to try Faithful Ale.

However, I am currently in Pittsuburgh on a business trip and walked into a niche B&G with Doghead... so I ask "do you have the new Dogfish Head called---" The bartender immediately said "PJ20"? I said "YES". He said "I've got 2 left, but they are $22 each". I said "I'll drink one now, but I cant bring one on the plane back to Chicago". He said, "well you could drink one and save one and put it into your checked luggage". I decided to buy one and share it with a bunch of cool people in the bar and then see what happenned to the next (last) bottle.

Within minutes, a follow 10C member... almost out of breath... walks in and says "I heard you have Dogfish Head Faithful Ale here"...

I'm bringing home a good buzz, a great story, a new 10C friend and a great piece of glass (the empty bottle) to little old Rockford, IL

already got mine in pgh, but im curious as to where you found these? always like to know who's got the good dfh and other beers in my city
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • Options
    For all those that live in Texas, my local HEB ordered me a case (6 bottles)which will be here Friday, just in time for Thanksgiving. FYI :D
  • Options
    derbydave wrote:
    Don't know if this has been posted yet...
    But I saw a post on twitter from Dogfish Head that they are doing
    ANOTHER BATCH of FAITHFULL ALE!!!
    So hang in there if you haven't been able to find it yet... :ugeek:
    Here's the post from twitter:
    dogfishbeer Dogfish Head Brewery
    And among other great news, we ARE brewing another round of Faithfull Ale for distribution!
    Should be out by end of year :)
    This is what my source told me earlier in the week as well 8-)

The case I purchased was brewed on 10/31/11
  • Options
    mvw wrote:
    :cry: I'm striking out big time here in Chicagoland. Everyplace I have gone to or called has said they had it in and it is sold out. What a load of crap! Everyone was saying they either received them on this past Monday or Tuesday, but they were not up on the Fish Finder until today. I guess you have to be in the right place at the right time. If there is a chance of anyone being able to find some around here and picking me up an extra I would be forever grateful.
    Binnys in lakeview had about twenty bottles an hour or so ago. One per person...only place I've seen it so far.
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    edited November 2011
    Binny's on Grand (chicago) is SOLD OUT. I was told that all Binny's in Chicago are sold out.
    Post edited by shadowcast on