Comments

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,873
    81 wrote:
    Mcam55 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Sam adams blows

boo this man.

sam adams overratedness is only exceeded by guiness.

Sam gets great reviews from respectable sources. Guinness is just overhyped from commercials.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    I'm not a big fan of special lagers, ales or any of that micro beer crap. But Faithfull Ale was not that bad.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    81 wrote:
    Mcam55 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Sam adams blows

boo this man.

sam adams overratedness is only exceeded by guiness.

Agreed on Guinness. Cannot drink the stuff.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Mix it with Sam for a Black and Tan..really very good!

OR with a Blue Berry ale for a Black and Blue
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    Sam gets great reviews from respectable sources

Their flag ship Boston Lager scores a mediocre 72 on ratebeer.com and a B+ on beer advocate

is it better than budweiser? sure.

is it a great beer, not even close.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,873
    Is there anyway to bootleg some of these booze goodies into Canada? We can all pinch in & rent a boat and bring some crates across the Canadian border. Anyone here got a license to drive a boat & down for some fun & games? It'll be a rush like no other!!
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

Their flag ship Boston Lager scores a mediocre 72 on ratebeer.com and a B+ on beer advocate

Since when does a B+ equate to blowing?
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

when you typically drink beers that rate A and above on beer advocate and score in the 90's on ratebeer it does. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Is there anyway to bootleg some of these booze goodies into Canada? We can all pinch in & rent a boat and bring some crates across the Canadian border. Anyone here got a license to drive a boat & down for some fun & games? It'll be a rush like no other!!

just drive it across the border..it's not like they are going to search your car for beer.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

when you typically drink beers that rate A and above on beer advocate and score in the 90's on ratebeer it does. :P

:lol: Haha I stick to beers that are B and above for the most part.
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    seriously, if you like sam adams...that's fine, drink away. heck, i enjoy a miller lite sometimes and it rates pretty bad. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,873
    81 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

just drive it across the border..it's not like they are going to search your car for beer.

The closest state from Halifax, Nova Scotia is Maine & it's an 8+ hour drive. Have the Faithfull Ale even landed there yet? Few friends in NY still haven't found a bottle in stores.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    81 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

The closest state from Halifax, Nova Scotia is Maine & it's an 8+ hour drive. Have the Faithfull Ale even landed there yet? Few friends in NY still haven't found a bottle in stores.

make a weekend out of it and drive to DE. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,506
    81 wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

we're on the same page as your UN! That should put a smile on your face. :lol:

:? :shock: :roll:
  • Options
    my UN?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    81 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Or just drive accross the border and when they ask you if you have any just tell them. I regularly go on day trips to get US beer and you would be surprised how many times I get waved through. I think it was last year I went over for the afternoon and came back with 18 beers, and when the guy asked I was totally honest and he just said go ahead. Considering how often this happens, and the level of fines you can get if you are not honest and you are caught (they can seize your car), not to mention the fact that taxes and duty on alcohol isn't really that unreasonable, it is just not worth it to try and sneak stuff in.
  • Options
    i've come back to teh states with Cuban cigars and never declared.....but that was back in the day where all the US custom agent cared about was where you lived.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    81 wrote:
    seriously, if you like sam adams...that's fine, drink away. heck, i enjoy a miller lite sometimes and it rates pretty bad. :lol:

exactly... if i pissed in a mug and they rated it A+ ... would you think it was the greatest thing ever? ;)

kind of weird that the consensus is taken as fact... though i guess that happens in all kinds of worlds... sort of like posters?

i love newcastle... i think those sites say it's shiite
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,506
    81 wrote:
    my UN?
    username. but we're on page 82 now so I digress. ;)
  • Options
    My friend is sitting on ONE bottle of this for me.
    A small beer\food store in Charlotte, NC had a whopping FIVE of them ... NONE of them were on the floor, behind the counter, or ANYwhere in sight. The owner disappeared in to a staff room and came back with a bottle.

He was so paranoid about anyone seeing it, that after my friend turned the label around to read it, he turned it back around facing away from the counter front, and asked that if we stayed in the store to have lunch that we leave it in a bag so no one could see it. It was so hush-hush that even the long-time employee register-girl had no idea WTF we were talking about or what the beer was. I believe her exact words when she saw it were, "nuh uh!!!!!!!!! whats THAT?"

Apparently he doesn't intend on actually selling ANY of them. Just hooring them out to his besties. Even I with all my amazing PJ knowledge didn't rate. I had to rely on my friend, who is Mr. Shmoozy McShmooze-Alot.

Anyhow.
    I didn't stick around long enough to pop it open and try, I had to hit the road.
    Assuming it's not been tapped in to by the time i get back in town at weeks end, he claims to be saving it to share with me.

I SERIOUSLY HOPE THE REST OF YOU AREN'T HAVING THIS HARD A TIME FINDING THIS BEER,
    and for the love of the brews, can SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT IT FUCKIN TASTES LIKE?

Is it good?
    W currant in it?
    Hold on to the thread.
    hmm.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,787
    The currants overpower this beer big time.
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    my UN?
    username. but we're on page 82 now so I digress. ;)

oh :lol:

you know it's a good thread when it's 81 pages long. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The currants overpower this beer big time.

i was kind've assuming that would be the case.
    Odd spices can work ... in moderation.

Well, i'm still excited to try it (assuming my tasting partner doesn't premeptively strike it with his gullet!)
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    I actually found a few bottles in Western PA last night, marked up to $18 a bottle. To my wife's surprise I passed on them. I've had it and still have some at home, although I really did have to think about it. I figured I would let them there for a beer or PJ nut to find.
  • Options
    skere26 wrote:
    Anyone find it in Pittsburgh yet? Fish finder says no..but i noticed it's reached the eastern part of the state.
    yes, got one at the giant eagle, settlers ridge. was the last one

then i got about 5 more from pitts doggin it in shadyside. corner of college and ellsworth. but that was a week ago...

pretty sure i posted that here somewhere already
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • Options
    Anyone in MIami not get one?
    Demented and sad, but social
    Wrigley Earthcam/Hartford 2013
  • Options
    bobasfeet wrote:
    This in Virginia yet?

I haven't seen anything on Fish Finder. Any idea if VA has even approved this for sale?
    Bristow, VA 5/13/2010
    Baltimore, MD 10/27/2013
    Fort Lauderdale, FL 4/8/2016
    Miami, FL 4/9/2016
    Tampa, FL 4/11/2016
    Temple of the Dog - Philadelphia, PA 11/4/2016
    Seattle, WA 8/8/2018 & 8/10/2018
    Boston, MA 9/2/2018
    Nashville, TN 9/16/2022
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    had a friend ship one to me from boston. had no luck in chicago...
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    Just got mine in Columbus ohio!!!! Wooo hooo!! They only had like 12 bottles and I got 1!!!!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    N_Jay_HN_Jay_H Posts: 171
    bobasfeet wrote:
    This in Virginia yet?

I haven't seen anything on Fish Finder. Any idea if VA has even approved this for sale?
    Spoke with someone at Total Wine that works for the distributor and he said that Virginia hasn't been approved and not likely to happen.
    The beer manager at a different location told me to expect them either this week or next week.
    I will keep checking.