Options

Dogfish Head & PJ20

Comments

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    mcgruff10 wrote:
    "Percentage wise thats a pretty big markup. That's basically paying $12 for a beer and then $6 for half a beer. I don't blame you for getting it, but these distributors really know how to take advantage of their customers."

Definitely a huge mark up! I was actually mad at myself for buying it at this price.

How come 10c isn't yelling at liquor stores about "flipping"?! LOL....I know, I know, its their business to buy and then mark up and then sell.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Vedder1029 wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    mcgruff10 wrote:
    i bought my faithfull ale tonight in jersey for $17.99 ! A tad over the retail price of 12.50 but oh well. It's going to be a part of my birthday dinner this sunday. Hopefully it tastes a ok.

The store I went to only got one case and was down to one bottle after my purchase.

Percentage wise thats a pretty big markup. That's basically paying $12 for a beer and then $6 for half a beer. I don't blame you for getting it, but these distributors really know how to take advantage of their customers.

Talk about markup... one of my local stores here in Maryland had it on the shelf for $29.99 a bottle! I almost shit my pants!!!

rip off city....but when it's going for 40-50 on ebay...not a suprise.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    cross7806 wrote:
    Does anyone know if it has arrived in the Chicago area yet?

the Mayor has banned it....said it doesn't fit with the image the city to portray....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    81 wrote:
    cross7806 wrote:

the Mayor has banned it....said it doesn't fit with the image the city to portray....

Seriously though...anywhere in Chicago have this yet?
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    cross7806 wrote:

ofthegirl99 said a few pages back said they talked to their local store and heard it was still in a holding pattern as the state goes thru the approval process. :roll:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=147027&p=4044344#p4044344
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    81 wrote:
    cross7806 wrote:

EBAY
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,892
    my dad just called me and said he picked me up a bottle for $12 in another part of jersey. have no fear, the manager in charge of the store said they re making a 2nd batch as we speak. in addition he told my father that faithfull ale can last up to 3 years in the bottle. so i've got one to drink and one to hold on to.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Got a couple of bottles in San Jose yesterday. The store said they were sold before they even got them on the shelf. :)

Keep checking the fishfinder for updates. That's how I found mine.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    csblake111 wrote:
    Got a couple of bottles in San Jose yesterday. The store said they were sold before they even got them on the shelf. :)

Keep checking the fishfinder for updates. That's how I found mine.

Congrats ... I've seen them show up on the fish finder in SJ ... waiting for them to make the trip up 101 and land in San Fran ... soon I hope.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Seattle Update: Just picked up a bottle at the Whole Foods at Interbay. There are five left on the shelf.
  • Options
    So who wants to split mine with me? I'm in Providence, RI. :mrgreen:
    -All that's sacred comes from youth.
  • Options
    And drinking from my shoe isn't necessary either.
    -All that's sacred comes from youth.
  • Options
    Drinking mine tonight in Atlanta.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited November 2011
    Picked up 6 bottles in Newark, DE on my my way to my shoot in NYC!!!
    Surprised Suzie May with one bottle!!
    5 bottles left.....
    Can't wait to get home & give it a try!!!!
    Post edited by derbydave on
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Evensteven wrote:
    Drinking mine tonight in Atlanta.

So is it available in the Atlanta area then? I didn't see that on the map... :?:
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,874
    Are they still available at the brewery in DE? I have friends visiting next weekend.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    edited November 2011
    Anybody got any news or findings in Ohio at all?

As far as Columbus goes, it looks like November 15/16 or the 22nd/23rd will be the day that some stores will be receiving it. I went to two different places, and they both said they're only getting one case each, and that's it. One place told me not to mention who they were to anyone, and the guy didn't even want to spill the beans about the release to me at first. He's been getting a lot of calls and knows there will be insanity, so he's hoping people just figure it out by coming in rather than announcing the exact hour they will go on sale.

Bwa! It's on like Donkey Kong!
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    alskaraokealskaraoke Posts: 66
    edited November 2011
    I set my goals high at two cases by the weekend and suceeded. Got my Christmas shopping done early. Keep grindin and you can accumulate it even at a two bottle limit. These two cases were all bottled on 10/31/11. I was at the last Halloween Spectrum show with the wife so getting these with this date was fitting.

http://on.fb.me/vUFRvP
    Post edited by alskaraoke on
  • Options
    Vytis33Vytis33 Posts: 184
    Picked up my two bottle max in South Carolina yesterday. Will be enjoying some tonight during the Manny Pacquiao fight.
  • Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    Tenzing N. wrote:

So is it available in the Atlanta area then? I didn't see that on the map... :?:

Hop City announced it on their FB page Thursday afternoon. I haven't heard if Green's has it yet. They've said nothing on Facebook yet.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options
    Vytis33Vytis33 Posts: 184
    In Atlanta for a Raconteurs show tomorrow night at The Tabernacle. Where are these places in relation to downtown? I'd like to pick up a few more bottles.
  • Options
    Has anybody picked up a bottle today in the Philly burbs? I am calling EVERYWHERE and everyone says they are sold out.

Also, if a bar has it does that mean they have it in keg form or do they have bottles too? I see a bunch of bars around me are listed, such as:

Fox & Hound - KOP
    Boat House - Conshohocken
    Baggataway's - Conshohocken
    Gullifty's - Bryn Mawr

Has anybody been to any of these places and ordered it? Boat House will sell beers to go, so if they have it in bottles that would be great. But I am guessing they have it in keg form.
    "Darkness comes in waves, tell me, why invite it to stay?"
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,318
    I just went into Foodery in center city Philly on a whim and got their last bottle. Apparently they sold them all in three hours.

I'll post if I find it anywhere else, good luck everybody
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
    fyi-Beer Centre in Harrisburg, PA has 1 case left.... $120.00 is out of the question for me.
    This too shall pass.....
  • Options
    I got the last bottle at super buy rite in jc. Super nice guys and amazn beer selection. Scored hellhound and bitches brew too :):):)
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Options
    Near Atlanta Package 29 has it and plenty of it in Lilburn, GA
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    Vytis33 wrote:
    In Atlanta for a Raconteurs show tomorrow night at The Tabernacle. Where are these places in relation to downtown? I'd like to pick up a few more bottles.

Hop city is 5-10 mins in traffic. Next closet is Greens on Ponce de Leon Ave.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    Lets play find the faithfull ale.
    500-2.jpg
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    shadowcast wrote:
    Lets play find the faithfull ale.
    500-2.jpg
    found it
  • Options