Options

Dogfish Head & PJ20

Comments

• Options
    ^great news

in other great news, its hit tha burgh

yinz now pitts doggin it in shadyside? id hit it up soon, i cleaned a few out of there

got a bottle from the giant eagle in robinson too, but i know they're all out
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • Options
    According to the stores around here, "The vendors are saying we'll be lucky to get any..."
    I don't really understand this coming from a specialty beer store...seems odd to me but what do I know.
    Thanks again. Ill keep you posted.
    Hey, let me know if you have any luck in the Detroit area, I've called a bunch of places, and one guy even told me "I am wasting my time" haha. Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,514
    drinking one of these while watching this is awesomeness.

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=175552
  • Options
    Faithfull Ale has finally hit Philly and the Philly Burbs! Pouring it at the Fox & Hound in my hometown of King of Prussia! At the Whole Foods in Wayne, PA too (didn't even know they sold beer there)!

Going to make the wife stop at Whole Foods on her way home from work. That is part of her job description anyway.

I'm excited! I love beer!
    "Darkness comes in waves, tell me, why invite it to stay?"
  • Options
    Just came from my weekly stop at Binnys here in Chicago. Beer guys said maybe another week or two. He said Dogfish Head and Illinois are really dragging their feet on this one.....whatever that means!
  • Options
    joe2468 wrote:
    cuseoscar wrote:
    joe2468 wrote:
    got case being shipped to my house as we speak .... my sister grabbed it for me from a place down in florida ... LETS HOPE THEY MAKE THE TRIP!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol: i might have a few left for my fellow long islanders that are looking ..

Nice score. I've all but given up.

i gave up .. i got t6 different answers from 6 different people that i personaly know in the bar and beverage biz ..... basicaly THEY HAVE NO CLUE whats going on ..they all hate to deal with dogfish head cause of how many cases they send out to the island .. one of my friends told me that most of the time certain beers dont even make it east of queens ..

i'll let you know if i have any left ... i live in lindenhurst i can either send one to you or you can pass by my house to pick it up.. i'll let you know when i get them in delivered .

I've heard pretty much the same thing. I was told that long island gets whatever the city doesn't want. I still check once a week but I'm no longer stalking the local stores like I used to.

And thanks for the offer! I live in Brightwaters so I could definitely meet up if you have an extra.
  • Options
    Has anyone noticed that the first run (batch) of Faithful ale have a small rip in the center of the label just above the fish? I wonder if Dogfish will be correcting this error. Maybe this firstbatch will be worth more to collectors with the slight tear in the label. I've been able to score multiple bottles and a case box to fill. 8 more to go to complete the case. Im in Maryland and its pretty limited. Montgomery County alone only got 48 cases spread out over hundreds of beer/wine/liquor stores. Don't give up folks. Average price here is 15.99 a btl.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    alskaraoke wrote:
    Has anyone noticed that the first run (batch) of Faithful ale have a small rip in the center of the label just above the fish?

i can't have an imperfection like that....i'll be selling mine on ebay.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    the goofy way beer is sold in PA, I do not have the time or energy to try and chase down a bottle.
  • Options
    alskaraoke wrote:
    Has anyone noticed that the first run (batch) of Faithful ale have a small rip in the center of the label just above the fish?

yep, from 2 diff locations
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • Options
    amongst-the-sunamongst-the-sun Tampa Posts: 92
    Tampa Update

Us folks here in Tampa must the the lucky ones..., we now have it at two locations. Whole Foods and Total Wine & More - the supply/demand factor must be working in our favor in the state 'amongst the sun'

Just wanted to give the Tampa faithfull the heads up :D
    Tampa (2003) - Hershey (2003) - Kissimmee (2004) - West Palm Beach (2008) - Tampa (2008) - New York (MSG1) 2008 - EV Atlanta 1 & 2 (2009) - Philadelphia 3 & 4 (2009) - Boston (2010) - EV Hartford (2011) - Alpine Valley PJ20 1 & 2 (2011), EV Orlando Night 1 & 2, EV Clearwater Night 1, Baltimore (2013), Charlottesville (2013), Charlotte (2013), Tulsa (2014), Lincoln (2014), Mexico City (2015)
  • Options
    pjnpapjnpa Posts: 70
    Just got a bottle of Faithfull Ale at Beer Heaven on Delaware Avenue in Philly last night. They are charging $22 a bottle (one bottle limit).
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    alskaraoke wrote:
    Has anyone noticed that the first run (batch) of Faithful ale have a small rip in the center of the label just above the fish? I wonder if Dogfish will be correcting this error. Maybe this firstbatch will be worth more to collectors with the slight tear in the label. I've been able to score multiple bottles and a case box to fill. 8 more to go to complete the case. Im in Maryland and its pretty limited. Montgomery County alone only got 48 cases spread out over hundreds of beer/wine/liquor stores. Don't give up folks. Average price here is 15.99 a btl.

yes, and I have noticed other beer bottles will have the same 'tear'. I think it has to do with the labeling machine.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    Anybody having luck finding it in MI yet?
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,861
    Raleigh NC - One place sold out, few said they may be getting some in soon. A place in Chapel Hill has some and I got a bottle :) My brother got me 2 from Philly area also, sweetness. Now if PJ would just tour the south so I could drink it at a show!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I heard south jersey is getting shipments tomorrow through a reliable source.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    edited November 2011
    faithfull.jpg

Oh this is a nice session brew... raised glasses while Yield - Faithfull filled the air sound...

ONCE poured, an EVEN FLOW of nice DEEP golden ale will prove to come ALIVE with a quickly dissipating champagne head. Soon a GARDEN of berry aroma will RELEASE, undoubtedly from the BLACK currants. Mouthfeel is super clean and internal carbonation is super low which leads to an almost creamy texture & viscosity. Taste has a slight sweetness, yet currants are not at all overpowering. Hops are low obviously at 20 IBUs (International Bitterness Units) so don't expect to be bitten by bitterness... Not at all malty either... Great balance in my opinion for a PJ fanatic's beer. A Belgian style taste is more or less non existent which it fine by me, maybe it's the fine carbonation that stemmed from Belgium. The bottom of an empty glass comes too soon, i could drink OCEANS of this ale on any PORCH.

Thanks Dogfish for this PJ20 and thanks PJ for the last Twenty...
    Post edited by camaros on
    i like sound...
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    alskaraoke wrote:

mine is not ripped like this:
    http://beerwhisperer.files.wordpress.co ... ag0776.jpg

but the label is nicked in that spot...
    i like sound...
  • Options
    Nittany1bnNittany1bn Near Philadelphia Posts: 214
    pjnpa wrote:
    Just got a bottle of Faithfull Ale at Beer Heaven on Delaware Avenue in Philly last night. They are charging $22 a bottle (one bottle limit).
    i got 4 there today...went down around 2 and the lady told me 1 per customer, so i said "what if I leave and come back?" she said she would remember me so i asked her when her shift was over, she told me 4:30 so I left and picked up a buddy of mine and his girlfriend, we came back got 1 each, then went for some pho next door. A good day considering every other place i called said they were sold out (one place was decent enough to admit that they only got one case so they split it up between themselves).
  • Options
    Nittany1bnNittany1bn Near Philadelphia Posts: 214
    now that they're brewing more, it makes me feel a little foolish for chasing them so hard. Don't they know that limited edition has a different meaning around here? Making more? what? :lol:
  • Options
    camaros wrote:
    faithfull.jpg

Oh this is a nice session brew... raised glasses while Yield - Faithfull filled the air sound...

ONCE poured, an EVEN FLOW of nice DEEP golden ale will prove to come ALIVE with a quickly dissipating champagne head. Soon a GARDEN of berry aroma will RELEASE, undoubtedly from the BLACK currants. Mouthfeel is super clean and internal carbonation is super low which leads to an almost creamy texture & viscosity. Taste has a slight sweetness, yet currants are not at all overpowering. Hops are low obviously at 20 IBUs (International Bitterness Units) so don't expect to be bitten by bitterness... Not at all malty either... Great balance in my opinion for a PJ fanatic's beer. A Belgian style taste is more or less non existent which it fine by me, maybe it's the fine carbonation that stemmed from Belgium. The bottom of an empty glass comes too soon, i could drink OCEANS of this ale on any PORCH.

A drink that JEREMY wishes he was old enough to enjoy...WHY GO with anything else?

There, I finished TEN for you.
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • Options
    bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,082
    Does anyone know the best way to keep the label from peeling off? The place I purchased Faithfull Ale from came refrigerated (not sure if this is how most locations carrying it are). The thing is I want to keep one as a collectible and don't want the label to fall off. Most of the time when you drink a cold beer with a label, as the beer warms up, the label will absorb moisture and begin to get soggy and sometimes run the ink, fall off, or both. I don't want this to happen and am wondering what others have done to keep their Faithfull bottles in great shape. Thanks for any tips.
  • Options
    I heard Dogfish is going to make another batch. I know that it sold out quickly around here.

:arrow: :evil: :twisted: :shock: :idea: :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek: :oops:
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    SPOTTED IN UPSTATE NY!

Just got a call from my 'beer guy'. He said he was just delivered a case. Another friend of mine scored one yesterday in Buffalo.

Cheers.
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    camaros wrote:
    faithfull.jpg

Nice! Picked up a couple bottles last night, can't wait to try!
  • Options
    camaros wrote:
    faithfull.jpg

Love this picture, nicely done.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    I went on the Dogfish website and it listed a place that apparently sells it around here.
    Went out to the store and they didn't have it. :? :(
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Got me hands on em!
  • Options
    NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    REALLY hard to get around here.. and I'm in PA, neighbor to DE. Thanks to a tip from KillTaker, I was able to get it at a local 6-pack shop who was limiting it to 1 bottle a customer. I bought the last bottle, and that was 1 day after they got it. I called every other distributor in the area and they all said they had no chance of getting it. Long story short-- if you can get your hands on it, GET IT. Cause it's ridiculously hard to come by. And a HUGE THANK YOU to KillTaker for the heads-up. I love the people on here
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    so they said they're making more

did they say if it was bottles?

or is it kegs?