Options

Dogfish Head & PJ20

Comments

• Options
    I've been calling around various places in the Cleveland area for a while on my search but no one seems to have any info or willing to try to get any info on faithful ale. But today I spoke with someone at a place in Mentor Ohio who said they heard from the distributor that the state of Ohio was getting ten total cases. She didn't know if they would get any.

I friend of mine suggested we just make the road trip to Delaware and pick some up. Does the brewery still have it and would I be able to buy at least a couple of bottles?

I've heard the same thing about 10 cases to Ohio, so that seems pretty accurate. And I know that one of them is coming about 5 minutes away from me.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    so i hit up 5 different places in the past two days here on long island .. they all said something different .... one said it wont get any closer then queens.... another said NO BOTTLES IN NY ONLY KEGS ... another guys said he will be getting a few cases .. another said long island will be getting about 100 cases for 71 beer distributors ..

WHO THE EFF KNOWS WHATS GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    -Q--Q- Posts: 169
    last night the dive bar had their DFH halloween bash all taps were DFH Faithful Ale was ok, easy drinking. the cask of 75 minute IPA was awesome first time i've had that. 2008 120 minute was also very good it really gets better with age.
    dfh.jpg
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    No sign of any faithfull ale in texas....

however I did come across a stash of 2011 Pangaea at my local Spec's (which also happens to be the biggest liquor store in the state).... for some reason I only bought 1 bottle... going to go back and grab a couple more today... don't know what I was thinking....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    RFTCRFTC Posts: 723
    shep wrote:
    No sign of any faithfull ale in texas....

however I did come across a stash of 2011 Pangaea at my local Spec's (which also happens to be the biggest liquor store in the state).... for some reason I only bought 1 bottle... going to go back and grab a couple more today... don't know what I was thinking....

for all TX 10c's, just go on beeradvocate.com and check thread 'texas beer news', they (ba's from specs, gabriels, etc. update the releases almost daily.

p.s. if you can get your hands on jester king stuff, do so, they are going to be huge based on what i am tasting.
    San Diego Sports Arena - Oct 25, 2000
    MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
    Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
    New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival - May 1, 2010
    Alpine Valley Music Theater - Sep 3-4 2011
    Made In America, Philly - Sep 2, 2012
    EV, Houston - Nov 12-13, 2012
    Dallas-November 2013
    OKC-November 2013
    ACL 2-October 2014
    Fenway Night 1, August 2016
    Wrigley, Night 1 August 2018
    Fort Worth, Night 1 September 2023
    Fort Worth, Night 2 September 2023
    Austin, Night 1 September 2023
    Austin, Night 2 September 2023
  • Options
    RFTC wrote:
    for all TX 10c's, just go on beeradvocate.com and check thread 'texas beer news', they (ba's from specs, gabriels, etc. update the releases almost daily.

p.s. if you can get your hands on jester king stuff, do so, they are going to be huge based on what i am tasting.

TABC did NOT approve the label so Faithful will NOT be available in Texas. Sorry
  • Options
    -Q- wrote:
    last night the dive bar had their DFH halloween bash all taps were DFH Faithful Ale was ok, easy drinking. the cask of 75 minute IPA was awesome first time i've had that. 2008 120 minute was also very good it really gets better with age.
    dfh.jpg

Holy shit, THAT looks like it could make for a fun night right there.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    Here is a map I've created to track just where the HECK we can find this incredibly awesome brew!! If you know where it's at, just mark it on the map. http://ayrwaves.wordpress.com/faithfull-ale-finder/
    -All that's sacred comes from youth.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Here is a map I've created to track just where the HECK we can find this incredibly awesome brew!! If you know where it's at, just mark it on the map. http://ayrwaves.wordpress.com/faithfull-ale-finder/

good idea
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    RFTC wrote:

I bought 2 bottles of their IPA today when I went back for more Pagaea... they had the 2 kinds there... IPA and a dark ale called "Heavy Metal" :lol:
    Tenzing N. wrote:

TABC did NOT approve the label so Faithful will NOT be available in Texas. Sorry

Thanks for the heads up.... where'd you come by this info?

The beer guys at the master specs today told me they're supposed to be getting a DFH "collaboration" beer later this week... :?:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    TaftTaft Posts: 453
    For those in Boston. The Salty Pig has Faithfull on tap. There now.
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    RFTC wrote:

I bought 2 bottles of their IPA today when I went back for more Pagaea... they had the 2 kinds there... IPA and a dark ale called "Heavy Metal" :lol:
    Tenzing N. wrote:

Thanks for the heads up.... where'd you come by this info?

The beer guys at the master specs today told me they're supposed to be getting a DFH "collaboration" beer later this week... :?:

I talked to my guy here in Dallas who called his supplier. My guy gets tons of DFH and I believe what he says.
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,635
    shep wrote:

Do you mean "Death Metal"? I had it on draft at the brewpub a few weeks back, and it was great.
  • Options
    thefin190thefin190 Posts: 918
    pjradio wrote:

good idea

Except none are in Washington yet. :(
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • Options
    I've been calling around various places in the Cleveland area for a while on my search but no one seems to have any info or willing to try to get any info on faithful ale. But today I spoke with someone at a place in Mentor Ohio who said they heard from the distributor that the state of Ohio was getting ten total cases. She didn't know if they would get any.

I friend of mine suggested we just make the road trip to Delaware and pick some up. Does the brewery still have it and would I be able to buy at least a couple of bottles?

I live in Lakewood, and the guy at my local liquor store (Simone's Beverage on Detroit) has been checking twice a week to see if he can get it. He said keep an eye on the store's Facebook and Twitter pages.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    -Q- wrote:
    dfh.jpg

Holy shit, THAT looks like it could make for a fun night right there.

That is my heaven :lol:.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Gvn2flyGvn2fly Posts: 746
    So just talked with store here in Chicago area today that already got their Dogfish shipment today and beer buyer said that Faithfull ale is not approved yet to be distributed in Illinois. And this store is planning on getting a case of Faithful. Anyone else come across this in Illinois?
  • Options
    Gvn2fly wrote:
    So just talked with store here in Chicago area today that already got their Dogfish shipment today and beer buyer said that Faithfull ale is not approved yet to be distributed in Illinois. And this store is planning on getting a case of Faithful. Anyone else come across this in Illinois?

Binnys in lakeview and lincoln park told me last week to expect it sometime in november.....
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Gvn2fly wrote:
    So just talked with store here in Chicago area today that already got their Dogfish shipment today and beer buyer said that Faithfull ale is not approved yet to be distributed in Illinois And this store is planning on getting a case of Faithful. Anyone else come across this in Illinois?

Which store might this be??!! :)
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Can't wait to try this. Called my local store and they're planning on carrying it!

I watched the video the Dogfish guy made for this and he said he got ideas from the band...Pinot Noir and Mexican Lager, and how to marry those two. That description certainly doesn't sound good, but I know Dogfish puts our quality beers, so I'll definitely be getting some.
    I'm about to explode cause I can't carry your load
  • Options
    MG79478 wrote:
    shep wrote:

Do you mean "Death Metal"? I had it on draft at the brewpub a few weeks back, and it was great.

:oops:

Might have been... I went with 2 bottles of the IPA... :D
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    MG79478 wrote:
    shep wrote:

:oops:

Might have been... I went with 2 bottles of the IPA... :D

I'd be very excited if they were bottling Death Metal.

Which IPA did you go with? 60 min, 90 min, 120min, Squall, Burton Baton? Squall is the best that they bottle. If you ever make it to the brewpub, the 75 minute and the Randall are good.
  • Options
    poto101poto101 Posts: 398
    Gvn2fly wrote:

Which store? I would love to get my hands on a bottle
    It's all happening....

East Troy 2003
    Chicago x2, Summerfest x2, 2006
    Chicago THE VIC, Lollapalooza, 2007
    bonnaROOOOOOO 2008
    Chicago x2 2009

(EV chicago 2008 night 2)
  • Options
    MG79478 wrote:

Which IPA did you go with? 60 min, 90 min, 120min, Squall, Burton Baton? Squall is the best that they bottle. If you ever make it to the brewpub, the 75 minute and the Randall are good.

I think we're talking about 2 different beers here..

When I said I bought 2 bottles of their IPA - I meant two bottles of Jester King IPA... sorry... Jester King also has another ale on the market Called "Heavy Metal", I opted for the IPA instead...

When I originally went down to my store I was looking for the Squall - they had it listed as available on the website (and for some reason still do, even though they're all out) - when I came back with the Pagaea.... I'm a big IPA fan... hopefully I'll catch some of the Squall in the next batch - looks like they're planning on releasing it again in November!
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    MG79478 wrote:

I think we're talking about 2 different beers here..

When I said I bought 2 bottles of their IPA - I meant two bottles of Jester King IPA... sorry... Jester King also has another ale on the market Called "Heavy Metal", I opted for the IPA instead...

When I originally went down to my store I was looking for the Squall - they had it listed as available on the website (and for some reason still do, even though they're all out) - when I came back with the Pagaea.... I'm a big IPA fan... hopefully I'll catch some of the Squall in the next batch - looks like they're planning on releasing it again in November!

Sorry for any confusion, I was talking strictly DFH beers. Their Death metal was great! As for the IPAs, get a bottle of squall, you won't be dissapointed! I have 2-3 from the last batch still in my basement.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,412
    Julio's in Westborough, MA just posted on their Facebook that it has arrived. Limit 1 per customer.
  • Options
    nucmed24nucmed24 Posts: 144
    For WA state folks: I know Click Distributing has it right now (I believe they have 25 cases to distribute), and Gravity Beer Market in Olympia expects some in at anytime. Check their facebook page for updates...
    I'm Eric.

Gorge 9/1/05
    Gorge 7/22/06
    Seattle 9/22/09
    Portland 7/14/11 (Ed Solo)
    Seattle 7/15/11 (Ed Solo)
    Bridge School 10/23/11 (Ed Solo)
    Las Vegas 10/31/12 (Ed Solo)
    Las Vegas 11/1/12 (Ed Solo)
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,355
    nucmed24 wrote:
    For WA state folks: I know Click Distributing has it right now (I believe they have 25 cases to distribute), and Gravity Beer Market in Olympia expects some in at anytime. Check their facebook page for updates...

Beat me to it! I didn't know there were any other ten clubbers around here
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    Anyone in Georgia yet?
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    Evensteven wrote:
    Anyone in Georgia yet?

I haven't heard or seen anything yet. Just watching and waiting.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks