Options

Dogfish Head & PJ20

Comments

• Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    MG79478 wrote:
    it might be the most normal Dogfish beer made besides lawnmower.

I'm guessing that you haven't had a lot of dogfish beer then. They have quite a few "normal" type beers, some are frequently available (like my antonia), and some are brewpub exclusives (like wet hop American summer). I'll grant you that lawnmower is the closest thing to Coors Lite, but I surely hope that a mass produced lite beer isn't your definition of normal.

I go to brewery and brew pub 2-3 times a year for the last 3 yrs. I'm about as familiar with dogfish as anyone can be. I'd say i've had about 90% of what they offer,so i'd say u are in correct. My Antonia is light in color but deff has a non normal beer taste to it. If and when u get a chance to try it i'm sure you'll understand.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    MG79478 wrote:

I'm guessing that you haven't had a lot of dogfish beer then. They have quite a few "normal" type beers, some are frequently available (like my antonia), and some are brewpub exclusives (like wet hop American summer). I'll grant you that lawnmower is the closest thing to Coors Lite, but I surely hope that a mass produced lite beer isn't your definition of normal.

Judging by the amount of Bud Lights and Coors sold I think that is considered "normal" beer. People like me and you that go for the crazy craft beers, we are the minority. I can't get any of my Bud Light drinking friends to like anything that's not considered normal.

I can't consider massed produced lite beer a "normal" beer, when I don't even consider it beer.
  • Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    Evensteven wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:
    lame...

Sorry Texans, we've been informed by the Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission that it is illegal to list retail outlets in the Lone Star State on our Fish Finder. EvIen though we continue to sell Dogfish beers in Texas, we cannot tell you where. So sorry - cheers.

Not as lame as not being able to buy beer on Sundays in Georgia. God, I can't wait to vote this stupid law out.

Very lame. I would even be happy if grocery stores were just allowed to sell on Sundays. The biggest opponent is the restaurants. They will lose some business.

I would be fine with that. It makes a helluva lot more sense to be able to purchase from the grocery store and drink in your own home rather than having to drive to the nearest restaurant, having a few and then drive home.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options
    EvenstevenEvensteven Posts: 868
    edited October 2011
    MG79478 wrote:

I'm guessing that you haven't I had a lot of dogfish beer then. They have quite a few "normal" type beers, some are frequently available (like my antonia), and some are brewpub exclusives (like wet hop American summer). I'll grant you that lawnmower is the closest thing to Coors Lite, but I surely hope that a mass produced lite beer isn't your definition of normal.

I go to brewery and brew pub 2-3 times a year for the last 3 yrs. I'm about as familiar with dogfish as anyone can be. I'd say i've had about 90% of what they offer,so i'd say u are in correct. My Antonia is light in color but deff has a non normal beer taste to it. If and when u get a chance to try it i'm sure you'll understand.

I don't think we should use "normal". Maybe craft vs. mass produced. It's like comparing food at a chain restaurant to that local place with great food. But just like trstaurants craft breweries can be hit miss. Sometimes it's worth the extra money, sometimes it's not.
    Post edited by Evensteven on
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    I go to brewery and brew pub 2-3 times a year for the last 3 yrs. I'm about as familiar with dogfish as anyone can be.
    Sure... because there is so many reasons to return to the brewery 2-3 times a year. Anyone who has been to both the brewery and brewpub knows that. I'm sure you’re more familiar than those of us who have been going there since they've opened.
    I'd say i've had about 90% of what they offer,so i'd say u are in correct.
    Surely in 6-9 total trips there, you have tried 90% of what they offer!?!?! Anyone who has been there knows how limited the brewpub exclusives are. Are you including in your calculation collaborations, beers on cask, and house specialties such as randall?
    My Antonia is light in color but deff has a non normal beer taste to it.
    No self respecting beer connoisseur would make such a vague and uneducated comment like that. I think the non-normal beer taste you are referring to is called hops. Oh, and it’s a hazy orange color. I guess you have never had it?
    If and when u get a chance to try it i'm sure you'll understand.
    Why don’t you know that My Antonia is part of their bottle conditioned series, and is widely available throughout the country? Although the bottle conditioned series is generally not found on draft at the brewpub, they did have it for a brief period this summer. It was a nice surprise. I’ve also had the Birra del Borgo brewery collaboration version that was imported from Italy.
  • Options
    Let's keep the posts positive and help each other locate this beer.

Cheers.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    Evensteven wrote:
    Let's keep the posts positive and help each other locate this beer.

Cheers.

Agreed.......
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,488
    Beer nerd alert!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    edited September 2012
    Post edited by Stardog3.. on
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Suave.27 wrote:
    Hello Guys! I just wanted everyone to know that I am talking to a store here in Ohio that is waiting on getting their allotment. He said that they'll get it in either on a Tuesday (I called today and they didn't get it in) or a Friday around 1:30 pm. He gave me his actual number to check in both those days before it hits the floor. Basically, what I'm getting at is that if you don't have the capability to get one- let me know and I'll get some friends to go with me and pick one up. Have a good one!

you just ordered 100 pm's.

:lol:

while you are at the andersons, can you pick up some canolli's for dessert. thanks
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Post edited by Stardog3.. on
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    theres a reserver list here at the one place getting it. i'm number 14 but they think they are only getting 12. one per customer. we'll find out next week
  • Options
    Here in Pa Dogfish beer is extremely easy to get. Hell my place has 4 diff 750 ml bottles and all the normal ones in 6 and 4 packs everyday. Jersey has many many places that carry up to all diff styles as well. So i've had almost every poss beer they've made in the last 3yrs.

Not quite sure of what ur problem is? But if u get ur hands on it Mr beer advocate let the community know what ur expert taste buds think? Hopefully u don't have to pay $50 a bottle!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Suave.27 wrote:

P.S. How did you know?

That you would get a bunch of pm's?

cause people here are nuts. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Suave.27 wrote:

P.S. How did you know?

No,no. The Andersons. If you really want some cannolis, they probably would actually have those in stock. haha
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,952
    heard that NJ will have it in December...a very merry christmas at 7%
  • Options
    Suave.27 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Suave.27 wrote:

P.S. How did you know?

No,no. The Andersons. If you really want some cannolis, they probably would actually have those in stock. haha

lived in toledo for about 13 years.... went to the andersons all the time.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,415
    Here in Pa Dogfish beer is extremely easy to get. Hell my place has 4 diff 750 ml bottles and all the normal ones in 6 and 4 packs everyday. Jersey has many many places that carry up to all diff styles as well. So i've had almost every poss beer they've made in the last 3yrs.

Not quite sure of what ur problem is? But if u get ur hands on it Mr beer advocate let the community know what ur expert taste buds think? Hopefully u don't have to pay $50 a bottle!!!!

What you have probably isn't limited edition...hence the reason it's readily available.

Could be a little while before PA gets it. I've heard could be next week. I've heard it could be January...which could put it at unattainable if the brewery decides to sell the product...
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    JV130312 wrote:

What you have probably isn't limited edition...hence the reason it's readily available.

Could be a little while before PA gets it. I've heard could be next week. I've heard it could be January...which could put it at unattainable if the brewery decides to sell the product...
    I got a bunch of PJ20 faithfull ales from there brewery and brew pub this past weekend. I'm not sure what ur talking about?
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Did anyone...besides me...consider that this will be MUCH easier to obtain if you keep quiet?

Then you could give it away to your friends

PM'S... :lol:

The state that I live in has few people and tons of DogFish...3 distributers within a 40 mile radius...

Christmas comes in November!

Cheers
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Suave.27 wrote:
    Hello Guys! I just wanted everyone to know that I am talking to a store here in Ohio that is waiting on getting their allotment. He said that they'll get it in either on a Tuesday (I called today and they didn't get it in) or a Friday around 1:30 pm. He gave me his actual number to check in both those days before it hits the floor. Basically, what I'm getting at is that if you don't have the capability to get one- let me know and I'll get some friends to go with me and pick one up. Have a good one!

you just ordered 100 pm's.

:lol:

while you are at the andersons, can you pick up some canolli's for dessert. thanks

So the Andersons in Toledo has it?
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Options
    Just talked to my guy here in Big D. TABC did NOT approve this beer so it will not be for sale anywhere in Texas. Supposedly they didn't consider it an Ale. The Texas distributer is currently in litigation with TABC over these types of decisions but that won't change things soon.

So now I am officially looking if someone has an extra bottle. Double cost plus double shipping? That's as high as I'm willing to go.
  • Options
    are we there yet
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,614
    I guess I can quit checking at Specs every other day then. Sucks...
    Tenzing N. wrote:
    Just talked to my guy here in Big D. TABC did NOT approve this beer so it will not be for sale anywhere in Texas. Supposedly they didn't consider it an Ale. The Texas distributer is currently in litigation with TABC over these types of decisions but that won't change things soon.

So now I am officially looking if someone has an extra bottle. Double cost plus double shipping? That's as high as I'm willing to go.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,614
    I'd love to get a bottle if anyone has an extra. PM me. I'd hate to go the eBay route!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    CR15053CR15053 Posts: 166
    Talked to a guy at Total Wine and he said that they should get some in next week (according to DFH), but that they may limit them to 1 bottle per person. So take that for what it's worth......
  • Options
    Has anyone gotten this at a liquor store.......anywhere?
  • Options
    Has anyone gotten this at a liquor store.......anywhere?

If they haven't hit DE liquor stores yet (outside the brewery), I doubt they have reached any other places
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,915
    CR15053 wrote:
    Talked to a guy at Total Wine and he said that they should get some in next week (according to DFH), but that they may limit them to 1 bottle per person. So take that for what it's worth......

I love how Total Wine has the best selection of beer of any place I have ever been to lol.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    CR15053 wrote:

I love how Total Wine has the best selection of beer of any place I have ever been to lol.

Years ago it used to be called Liquor World (no idea why they changed the name). The one in Claymont is a huge warehouse though. Feel like a kid in a candy store