THE WIRE

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,712
    Just came on to look for this thread

David Simon has a blog. This is pretty onpoint, even if I am guilty for everything he talks about in terms of the show.

http://davidsimon.com/i-meant-this/
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Just came on to look for this thread

David Simon has a blog. This is pretty onpoint, even if I am guilty for everything he talks about in terms of the show.

http://davidsimon.com/i-meant-this/

Thanks for that!

"And yes, I did want to bite that hand, whether it feeds or not." sums him up well. :)
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • traveljunkietraveljunkie Posts: 663
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I just finished season 2 last night. Man it's hard to find time for tv shows. I'm trying to watch this and catch up to Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684

:lol: Was just about to post that. Funny stuff!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
    I'm in Season 3 where Stringer and Avon just had an interesting conversation.

"Hamsterdam" :lol:
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:

Balcony scene? Gotta be one of the best of the show
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

No, about Deangelo.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

No, about Deangelo.

Ah, yeah. Just keep going.
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    sheeeit.jpg
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Heisenberg wrote:
    sheeeit.jpg

:lol: Awesome
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    I just watched episode 10 of season 3 and Rawls, holy shit!!!!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    i think it is almost time for me to go back and watch this again
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    Lego Snoop almost made my me go into convulsions with laughter. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCtIsnmf ... ata_player
    Heisenberg wrote:
    sheeeit.jpg
    I just started season 3 and saw the episode that makes me understand this. :lol::lol::lol:
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    intodeep wrote:
    i think it is almost time for me to go back and watch this again

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I watched a couple of random on-demand episodes last week...almost forgot how great this show was.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,506
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

No, about Deangelo.

Ah, yeah. Just keep going.
    :shh: :shh: :shh: :shh: c'mon cliff!

i'm trying to get my brother into this show. him and his gf think it's too slow and are stuck on the 2nd episode of season 2. i keep telling him every season starts off relatively slow but it builds to something incredible. i think he's got add or something :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    I just finished season 4. The characters in this show are great. You even feel bad for the ones that get whacked. Watching the 4 kids grow and develope was well done.

I didn't realize that Snoop character was a chick until midway through the season. I was 50/50 but until it was confirmed, I wasn't sure.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    This series has slowly got its hooks in me. I just finished season 1, and It did take quite a few episodes to sink in. I also watched the first episode of season 2, and it looks like this will just keep on getting better. I like how real it feels. I also found that my library carries all the seasons, so im in luck!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Finally finished the series. Great stuff.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • A funny moment in season 2:

McNulty is finally back after like 4-5 episodes, and he is the perfect candidate to be a "john" to infiltrate the brothel. Once he is inside and discussing with the hookers and the exchange goes down he is supposed to say, "It's ON!" to signify that the detectives may bust in and arrest everyone. He starts to get it on with TWO hookers, and he either cant remember the code word or he conveniently forgot....anyways, after awhile, they finally bust in the doors and see him banging two girls and he says, "you're late." :shock: :lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)

McNulty is finally back after like 4-5 episodes, and he is the perfect candidate to be a "john" to infiltrate the brothel. Once he is inside and discussing with the hookers and the exchange goes down he is supposed to say, "It's ON!" to signify that the detectives may bust in and arrest everyone. He starts to get it on with TWO hookers, and he either cant remember the code word or he conveniently forgot....anyways, after awhile, they finally bust in the doors and see him banging two girls and he says, "you're late." :shock: :lol:

It also cracked me up when I did not know he was English before watching the series. Same when I learned later that Idris Elba.

It also cracked me up when I did not know he was English before watching the series. Same when I learned later that Idris Elba.

No shit? I knew McNulty but Idris is english?

No shit? I knew McNulty but Idris is english?

yes he is, they did the american accents well in the series. That's what killed me about the McNulty scene, I said that is a terrible play on an accent- and my friend told me he is English, and that was his normal accent. Slayed me. I had no idea, same when I saw Idris later in a movie.
    Ah Mcnulty or as eveyone affectionately calls him .. fucking mcnulty!

I miss the wire.
    I love watching Prez, Lester Freemon, and Bunk on Treme though :D

I need to go back and rewatch this.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    intodeep wrote:

I miss the wire.

Same here. The Wire is the best television show I've ever seen, absolutely superb stuff.

Whats Treme like. is it worth checking out?
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
    Cutty is now on Walking Dead as well and Carver made a brief appearance in Homeland this year
    Edved82 wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

I miss the wire.

Same here. The Wire is the best television show I've ever seen, absolutely superb stuff.

Whats Treme like. is it worth checking out?
    Treme is a slow burn like the wire. Done by the same guys but it is no where near as good as the wire. It deals with the aftermath of hurricane katrina and how the residents deal with it.

I enjoy it because it offers a lot of insight into culture particularly music and food... two of my favorite things :D

I've learned a lot about the jazz culture and the new orleans indian culture. Ultimately it is not as engaging as the wire was but a very well done show i've enjoyed.
    So there you have it is not for everyone but it may be worth watching a little of to see if it grabs yoru attention.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,666
    Omar coming!!!

omarcomingyo8_zpsa330a9d6.jpg
    RIP Prop Joe