Options

** TEN CLUB ANALOG AND DIGITAL MEMBERSHIPS **

Comments

• Options
    gibbitsgibbits Posts: 500
    edited January 2011
    don't set up a scenario in which people are kicking themselves over $20..

and quite frankly I'm sick of how everything is a mystery item these days... it tells me that 10C knows we would be content with anything we get as long as it says PJ on it... and sadly its true for many :?

If you're going to feel that boned over 20 dollars/its that big of a financial decision you really shouldn't be spending your money on a fan club.

It's easy to say everything for analog should be laid out from the get go - but maybe they don't know how many people will go for it? The more money that comes in the more they can do with it, that's obvious. They've laid out what they can guarantee. If a lot of people invest perhaps more things will be added - I would prefer them taking this route than making promises they can't keep.

Considering a grab bag/merch lottery is a physical item, I could see the argument for it not being included on a digital plan. Besides, the more appealing they make the analog the more people are going to bite for it man, this is a business.
    Post edited by gibbits on
  • Options
    MrSmith wrote:
    if you dont, feel free to bitch about it and cancel your membership.
    unfortunately you can't do both... i have to pay to bitch here... and if i tried bitching about this to anyone else they would tell me they don't care :lol:

LIFE IS SO HARD

i'm just glad theres a fun angry thread instead of all those self-promoting, hippy circlejerk giveaway threads that i never win :twisted:
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    gibbits wrote:
    If you're going to feel that boned over 20 dollars/its that big of a financial decision you really shouldn't be spending your money on a fan club.
    This seems to be the sentence of the day :roll: . That $20 people already pay on the membership could be their ONE luxury item of the year... so who the hell are you, or anyone else who thinks $20 is nothing, to tell them what they should be doing with their money? That is a personal decision and who knows what they may sacrifice to pay it. However, 10c have made a BUSINESS decision and that's a whole different thing!

Seriously... the amount of snobbery around! :? $20 is nothing? Really people??? Really? I suppose you simply throw away all your coins? :roll:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    send me forty dollars a year and i'll send you a cd of me singing Teenage Dream . what are you complaining about? its only pennies a day@!!!
  • Options
    gibbits wrote:
    This seems to be the sentence of the day :roll: . That $20 people already pay on the membership could be their ONE luxury item of the year... so who the hell are you, or anyone else who thinks $20 is nothing, to tell them what they should be doing with their money? That is a personal decision and who knows what they may sacrifice to pay it. However, 10c have made a BUSINESS decision and that's a whole different thing!

Seriously... the amount of snobbery around! :? $20 is nothing? Really people??? Really? I suppose you simply throw away all your coins? :roll:

My membership costs 25 dollars a year and it has to be converted to whatever inflated garbage the US currency is around so really I'm looking at 27-30 dollars usually. No one is taking away your $20 membership option. They still get their one luxury item. This is coming from someone who is freelance, there are sometimes months at a time where I am in the midst of projects and have no income whatsoever besides the little amount I've squirreled away. I am not even clearing 20k a year, but I can still say 20 dollars is a very insignificant amount.
  • Options
    gibbits wrote:
    My membership costs 25 dollars a year and it has to be converted to whatever inflated garbage the US currency is around so really I'm looking at 27-30 dollars usually. No one is taking away your $20 membership option. They still get their one luxury item. This is coming from someone who is freelance, there are sometimes months at a time where I am in the midst of projects and have no income whatsoever besides the little amount I've squirreled away. I am not even clearing 20k a year, but I can still say 20 dollars is a very insignificant amount.
    That's cos you're still actually earning more than a lot of people I know :? including the conversion rate!

When I was in Dublin, I was on double what I'm on now so yeh, to be honest, it's nice to actually realise the value of money for once but it can be pretty disgusting when people say things like '$20 is nothing'. I can imagine to those people in really poor countries how disgusting it actually is :?

But I see where you're coming from.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
    MrSmith wrote:
    send me forty dollars a year and i'll send you a cd of me singing Teenage Dream . what are you complaining about? its only pennies a day@!!!
    you're happy because you profit greatly on that, as does 10c on this. i'm not paying $40 for a cd of you singing katy perry because i'm not going to waste my money on something i don't want, just like how i don't want a garbage t-shirt and a "free" bootleg. i want the vinyl because i collect the christmas singles so i'm forced to pay for that crap i don't want.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    gndcd402 wrote:
    you're happy because you profit greatly on that, as does 10c on this. i'm not paying $40 for a cd of you singing katy perry because i'm not going to waste my money on something i don't want, just like how i don't want a garbage t-shirt and a "free" bootleg. i want the vinyl because i collect the christmas singles so i'm forced to pay for that crap i don't want.

Or you could just wait for the store to sell the extras they always have shit tonnes of for $2. It sounds a lot more serious when you sensationalize it though.
    Post edited by gibbits on
  • Options
    I don't really understand what all the fuss is about. Correct me if I'm wrong, but for the Digital Level instead of a magazine in the mail and a record you get a pdf and mp3. Myself personally, I don't really care about them anyway. Are you losing more at the Digital Level or am I missing something?

That said, I kinda like the idea of getting MORE in the Analog Level, such as the tee shirt and the free boot. Those 2 things are worth more than the extra $20 anyway.

I don't have time to read through all the pages of this thread to see what the objections are, but to be honest I'm just happy to have the 10C to help get tickets. I'm a bigger Bruce fan than PJ, and it really sucks that we don't have anything like 10C for The Boss.

Tier 1: "Analog" Level US $40 / INTL $50
    * Full Website Access
    * PJ Radio Access (Streaming only)
    * Holiday Single MP3
    * Deep Magazine PDF
    * Members-only Contest Eligibility
    * Members-only Merch Discount Events
    * Access to Members-only Merch
    * Access to Fan Club only Ticket Pre-sales
    PLUS
    * Free Bootleg Download - Coupon code included in the renewal confirmation email
    * Limited Edition Vinyl 45 Holiday Single
    * Limited Edition Hard Copy of Deep Magazine
    * Limited Edition Ten Club T-Shirt - New Design Each Year sent at the Time of Renewal Purchase!

Tier 2: "Digital" Level US/INTL $20
    * Full Website Access
    * PJ Radio Access (Streaming only)
    * Holiday Single MP3
    * Deep Magazine PDF
    * Members-only Contest Eligibility
    * Members-only Merch Discount Events
    * Access to Members-only Merch
    * Access to Fan Club only Ticket pre-sales
    6-25-2008 MSG
    10-31-2009 Spectrum
    5-18-2010 Newark
  • Options
    gibbits wrote:
    gndcd402 wrote:

Or you could just wait for the store to sell the extras they always have shit tonnes of for $2. It sounds a lot more serious when you sensationalize it though.
    if they'd ever respond to my emails regarding if they would sell them in the store i'd be happy. i'd also be a lot happier if they would respond to my question regarding why these prices for the new membership were put in place on december 31st when the e-mail specifically says january 1st. textbook case of a business blatantly lying to its clients...
  • Options
    gndcd402 wrote:
    i'd also be a lot happier if they would respond to my question regarding why these prices for the new membership were put in place on december 31st when the e-mail specifically says january 1st. textbook case of a business blatantly lying to its clients...

This didn't make me too happy either.
  • Options
    gibbits wrote:
    gndcd402 wrote:
    i'd also be a lot happier if they would respond to my question regarding why these prices for the new membership were put in place on december 31st when the e-mail specifically says january 1st. textbook case of a business blatantly lying to its clients...

This didn't make me too happy either.
    I've emailed them twice about it now...no response. If they functioned more like the business they are supposed to be and answered some of our questions then I wouldn't be bitching right now.
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    youngster wrote:
    How much you wanna bet the "limited edition" shirts are the stickman, Black, or 2008 tour T-shirts?

Yeah, they are limited. Limited to 6 million. :roll:
    I'll take that bet.
  • Options
    Much Ado About Nothing (well little anyways).
    So for $20 I don't have to get a paper copy of something and can read it online? I am happy the product won't be produced in the first place. I also have little use for the 7" other than collector's piece, but again it is just a product. I like the fan club for the tickets and the availablity of bootlegs so digital membership will suit me fine as long as my membership number is all that dictates my shot at tickets the rest is close to meaningless.
    Barrie 1992 
    Toronto 2003
    Kitchener 2005
    London 2005
    Toronto 1 2006
    Cleveland 2006
    Toronto 2009
    Toronto 2011
    Hamilton 2011
    London, Ont 2013
    Buffalo 2013
    Detroit 2014
    Toronto 1 2016
    Toronto 2 2016
    Hamilton 2022
    Toronto 2022
  • Options
    KatyzKatyz Posts: 838
    I have met some very good people through this club and learned more about PJ. I can't go to concerts unless they are local (CT or NY) and I don't have any merch...joined last summer. But I will renew my membership to stay in contact with new friends, keep in touch with things about the band and, hopefully, one day, get to see them live.
  • Options
    I am all for people sharing their opinions respectfully but the people saying "it's just $20 and pennies a day!" make me sick. You are so pretentious. It's not about the dollar amount, it's the principal. They have jacked the price up to twice what it was. Now you are paying $20 extra for a a "free" tshirt that costs a few bucks to manufacture and a bootleg download that costs them nothing to provide you. The digital membership has transitioned into nothing but a $20 service/connivence charge to buy tickets and exclusive merchandise that isn't even discounted. You are crazy if you don't think it is nothing more than a service charge for buying tickets and we are FORCED to be a member if we want a shot at any decent seats. I know they play it off as doing us a favor providing tickets but they are charging for the privilege of buying tickets, just like Ticketmaster does. On top of that, a $3 Ten Club ticket processing fee was added last year to "cover credit card costs". Our $20 a year couldn't cover those?

Can I afford an extra $20? Yeah I can. Does $20 mean a lot more to me and everyone here than the band? Absolutely. This is all about greed, not inflation as some are claiming. What can the overhead of a fan club possibly be? It's a warehouse with merchandise and occasional ticket sales. They don't manufacture anything. They take orders for what, less that 75 items on their website?? and they ship them out. They don't even ship the bootlegs.

Why is it that every single time there is news or an announcement or a lack of news fights break out? It's like congress in here.
  • Options
    After reading many of the post, I agree with those who feel the prices are getting out of hand.

For me, like many, it not an issue of affordability, I have worked hard and now I am able to afford most items I want.

For me it's the principle. PJ has always sounded out against greed. Some of their lyrics no longer have meaning.

The defense that they have worked hard and can do as they please doesn't hold. That is greed.

There are many other bands out there with free memberships. Cake for one. I will attend a show this spring at the 9:30 Club in DC. A great small venue, that Pearl Jam will never play because of greed.

It sucks when something you believed in changes so much.

But like EV said, "Cause friends they come and go
    People change as does everything"
    You call one of the most philanthropic bands around, greedy. That's rich. :lol:
  • Options
    BryanWebBryanWeb Posts: 262
    edited February 2012
    Post edited by BryanWeb on
  • Options
    Paul David wrote:
    the mods generally don't answer questions posed in a thread, do they? my understanding is they (sometimes) answer if they are directly pm'd/emailed. plus it's the weekend.
    let me get this straight... there has been 60+ pages of conversation between these 2 threads and 10C STILL hasn't weighed in on this?? not even to answer valid questions (which admittedly would only open the flood gates)
    I would bet the best way to communicate with the Ten Club about questions or complaints you have, would be to call or e-mail them directly during normal business hours: http://www.pearljam.com/contact
  • Options
    i see us as shareholders in this "business" and they should treat us as such
    That is where you are looking at this wrong.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552
    BryanWeb wrote:
    It's funny that ten club members create free giveaways. Can't Ten Club do this?
    I find it pathetic that in a fan club, it's the members that give away free swag.

The Ten Club doesn't need friends as bad as people on here do.
  • Options
    Katyz wrote:
    I have met some very good people through this club and learned more about PJ. I can't go to concerts unless they are local (CT or NY) and I don't have any merch...joined last summer. But I will renew my membership to stay in contact with new friends, keep in touch with things about the band and, hopefully, one day, get to see them live.
    facebook is free 8-)
  • Options
    BryanWeb wrote:
    It's funny that ten club members create free giveaways. Can't Ten Club do this?
    I find it pathetic that in a fan club, it's the members that give away free swag.

The Ten Club doesn't need friends as bad as people on here do.
    :|
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552
    gibbits wrote:

For the person thinking about a Ten Club membership, $20 is not much at all. Someone who is that hard up for money is not going to join the Pearl Jam fan club for $20 to make sure they get their holiday single. People join the fan club for the option to buy $80 concert tickets. The membership allows you to buy more stuff, not get a ton of value back.

CD's are $12. Vinyl records are $20. Dinner for two is $25 at the cheapest sit down restaurants. $20 is not a lot of money! Think about how many times a year you spend $20 on something? It would be a long list.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    gibbits wrote:

For the person thinking about a Ten Club membership, $20 is not much at all. Someone who is that hard up for money is not going to join the Pearl Jam fan club for $20 to make sure they get their holiday single. People join the fan club for the option to buy $80 concert tickets. The membership allows you to buy more stuff, not get a ton of value back.

CD's are $12. Vinyl records are $20. Dinner for two is $25 at the cheapest sit down restaurants. $20 is not a lot of money! Think about how many times a year you spend $20 on something? It would be a long list.
    20 bucks was a lot of money for me last year (the last time i bought a membership), now not so much. not that it matters here. most of the time when i spend 20$ i got more than what i got for this fee (considering my location and merch spending habits, i basically payed twenty bucks for a vinyl Turning Mist :( ). i worry for anyone who spends money, no matter how little, on bad value. i guess most PJ fans arent on a budget heheh. buying something just because its 'only' twenty bucks makes little sense to me. if its worth it for you great, if its not, dont.
    Post edited by LikeAnOpeningBandForTheSun on
  • Options
    MrSmith wrote:
    buying something just because its 'only' twenty bucks makes little sense to me. if its worth it for you great, if its not, dont.

No one is buying something only because its 20 dollars. I don't know about you but I decide if I want something before I pay for it. If I am considering paying for it then obviously it is worth it to me.
  • Options
    gibbits wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:
    buying something just because its 'only' twenty bucks makes little sense to me. if its worth it for you great, if its not, dont.

No one is buying something only because its 20 dollars. I don't know about you but I decide if I want something before I pay for it. If I am considering paying for it then obviously it is worth it to me.
    fine just stop acting like people are being cheap just because 20$ isnt that much to you.
  • Options
    MrSmith wrote:
    i worry for anyone who spends money, no matter how little, on bad value. i guess most PJ fans arent on a budget heheh. buying something just because its 'only' twenty bucks makes little sense to me. if its worth it for you great, if its not, dont.
    Agreed... I'm guessing the recession hasn't hit a lot of pj fans. If all these people have 100% job security, then I'm delighted for them, but it would be nice if they could maybe consider those who don't have that security and stop being so smug about $20 being nothing! So, whilst money may be there, it may take a long time to think about every penny spent and consider if it's worth it. $20 for nothing doesn't sound worth it to me.

It reminds me of when I was in South Africa and tipping 'generously' and they did not seem happy about it at all... turns out I was being a pretentious prick waving my money around to those who have none. I took that lesson with me! :|
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options

That's presuming people BUY CD's, vinyls or dinner for two!

For many people, the only time they spend $20 in a year is on the PJ fan club!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525

For many people, the only time they spend $20 in a year is on the PJ fan club!

Which begs the question, what do they do when Pearl Jam release a new album? Do they not buy it? :shock:
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/