Options

** TEN CLUB ANALOG AND DIGITAL MEMBERSHIPS **

Comments

• Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341

so im ok till 2022? :roll:

If they were willing to take your money for membership up through 2022, then they had damn well better be willing to hold up their end of that transaction, so yes. If they are not willing to do that, I'd question the legality of it. It should not have been an option if they don't have the intention to honour it.
    i guess ill wait for their answer..here in Greece we say :you have the knife and you have the melon as well..so its up to the 10c..i ll wait ..i hope they deside something fair,i already have an idea,but ill tell them after they answer me.

I think that they should keep your benefits as they are now (ie you get the Deep & the vinyl, etc as you have paid upfront for those) BUT you should also get the T-shirt for free every year to reward you for your faith that the band will still be rocking in 12 years time! :mrgreen: The free download is not important ;)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,424
    redrock wrote:

I think that they should keep your benefits as they are now (ie you get the Deep & the vinyl, etc as you have paid upfront for those) BUT you should also get the T-shirt for free every year to reward you for your faith that the band will still be rocking in 12 years time! :mrgreen: The free download is not important ;)
    happy new year Rita..i hope you had less problems than the big one to become digital or analog memeber?> :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    redrock wrote:

happy new year Rita..i hope you had less problems than the big one to become digital or analog memeber?> :lol:

I don't have to worry about it until March :D

Though, taking out all the 'emotions' of this and looking at it from a purely numbers against goods point of view, for the same price, one is getting much less (so say, you want to purchase a 6-pack of beer but find that for the same price, you only get 4). For a 100% increase, you get what you normally had for 1/2 the price the day before plus another item that you may or may not be interested in (so, if I want my 6-pack of beer, I need to pay double what I used to pay BUT I get a 'free' can of Coke, that I may or may not drink).

I understand that things are more expensive, etc. Fairer would be lower the cost of a digital membership, or even keep it at the same price as current membership to reflect increased cost of living (as you get less and there is less work/expenses involved) and increase the cost of the 'normal' membership (with benefits as they are now) by a reasonable amount (just like goods in your normal shops). If people want to get a 'special' T-shirt, offer them in the goods section - there will be plenty of takers!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    redrock wrote:

I don't have to worry about it until March :D

Though, taking out all the 'emotions' of this and looking at it from a purely numbers against goods point of view, for the same price, one is getting much less (so say, you want to purchase a 6-pack of beer but find that for the same price, you only get 4). For a 100% increase, you get what you normally had for 1/2 the price the day before plus another item that you may or may not be interested in (so, if I want my 6-pack of beer, I need to pay double what I used to pay BUT I get a 'free' can of Coke, that I may or may not drink).

I understand that things are more expensive, etc. Fairer would be lower the cost of a digital membership (as you get less and there is less work/expenses involved) and increase the cost of the 'normal' membership (with benefits as they are now) by a reasonable amount (just like goods in your normal shops). If people want to get a 'special' T-shirt, offer them in the goods section - there will be plenty of takers!
    i thought this the same way..i spent 1-3 january in a hotel,in pilion mountain ,in Volos..great time..
    the breakfast was 18 euros each.extra,not include in the price of the room..yesterday in the morning i pay 36,for the me and the woman was with and i wasnt hungry,i drink only coffee.i pay 18 euros for a coffee.!!
    im telling u this cos we pay money to so many bullshit..and 20$ extra per year isnt a big deal..maybe was better to do it another way,anoounce it different,give more options,put some more extra,or whatever..seems cool idea to me..and for sure not big deal..so you have to drink a few less beers next year :mrgreen:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Good point... although I made my friends when the board was free and I wasn't a member of the 10C ;):D I probably wouldn't have made those friends had there been a price on the board.
    i met you at the Manchester pre-party at 2009..was organized here ;)
    I'm sure I found it through facebook :D8-) besides... it was in a pub... I would have found it eventually :mrgreen:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Good point... although I made my friends when the board was free and I wasn't a member of the 10C ;):D I probably wouldn't have made those friends had there been a price on the board.
    I'm sure I found it through facebook :D8-) besides... it was in a pub... I would have found it eventually :mrgreen:
    you irish people...work..and later to the pub..all thing need to happen you do it there ;) i mean ALL... 8-)
  • Options
    You should have just drunk a coffee refill from her cup Dimi!

Sure, $20/$25 for the year is no big deal for most. It's just the principle and the fact that if you want to continue receiving what you are currently getting, it's a 100% increase. I think that's what rubbing people the wrong way. Already the board isn't open to all fans anymore....

The membership for me is a chance of getting some pre-sale tickets. Obviously for Europe seniority is not an issue as it's GA, but at least it's an extra chance of scoring tix. Though when they played Dublin, I got general sales tickets. With my husband needing seating (and registered disabled), the 10C were not 'able' to accommodate. Also, with venues here, when I go with my husband, I can go free (companion ticket). So no advantage to 10C tix for me really.
  • Options
    you irish people...work..and later to the pub..all thing need to happen you do it there ;) i mean ALL... 8-)
    :mrgreen: well not quite all!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    redrock wrote:

Sure, $20/$25 for the year is no big deal for most. It's just the principle and the fact that if you want to continue receiving what you are currently getting, it's a 100% increase. I think that's what rubbing people the wrong way. Already the board isn't open to all fans anymore....

The membership for me is a chance of getting some pre-sale tickets. Obviously for Europe seniority is not an issue as it's GA, but at least it's an extra chance of scoring tix. Though when they played Dublin, I got general sales tickets. With my husband needing seating (and registered disabled), the 10C were not 'able' to accommodate. Also, with venues here, when I go with my husband, I can go free (companion ticket). So no advantage to 10C tix for me really.
    i met you out of the venue that night for the 1st time :D
  • Options
    :mrgreen: well not quite all!
    :shock: so she said lies to me?????there was more to do??? :roll:
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,781
    I think it’s reasonable, $20 for this membership has been cake.

Another $20, if it’s going to break your bank, then you’re not budgeting your money properly and probably should be spending it on other essentials.

I’m analog all the way.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,363

Another $20, if it’s going to break your bank, then you’re not budgeting your money properly and probably should be spending it on other essentials.

I’m analog all the way.

Exactly even if you save 1$ a day from the time you renew till the next yr it's doable :thumbup:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    redrock wrote:

i met you out of the venue that night for the 1st time :D
    :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,200

I’m analog all the way.

Exactly even if you save 1$ a day from the time you renew till the next yr it's doable :thumbup:

Another good point. It's amazing to me how there are so many people (not you people) mismanaging their finances. I have a friend who complains about not being able to keep up with shows, and all things Pearl Jam. If the guy would stop spending $100 + a month on cigarettes, he'd have no problem. It's all a matter of preference here people. If you can get past your anger, you have freed up your ability to think your way through your dilemma. Or just not renew and be done with it.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Another good point. It's amazing to me how there are so many people (not you people) mismanaging their finances. I have a friend who complains about not being able to keep up with shows, and all things Pearl Jam. If the guy would stop spending $100 + a month on cigarettes, he'd have no problem. It's all a matter of preference here people. If you can get past your anger, you have freed up your ability to think your way through your dilemma. Or just not renew and be done with it.
    Who's angry? I can certainly afford the extra $20 but no way would I pay it. How other people manage their finances is nothing to do with anyone else. Too many people are so quick to judge and say 'people should do this' or 'people should do that'. You mustn't smoke or you wouldn't judge an addict so easily. I no longer smoke but, when you do smoke, you don't consider that money as extra income to spend on anything else. I may renew, who knows? But don't you or anyone else tell me what to do or decide how I best manage my money. I tell you one thing... I will NOT be splashing out $50 on a silly fan club 2 months before my wedding.

Only $20... my arse :roll:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    [Only $20... my arse :roll:
    :shock: :? no way!!!!!! you shouldnt !!!!!!!!!! :roll: :lol:
  • Options
    san pedrosan pedro Posts: 169
    no comment :roll:
    "DON'T HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME"
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,752
    edited January 2011
    Pearl Jam is my one guilty pleasure so I'll shell out the extra bucks for an Analog membership. In the grand scheme of things I'd rather spend more on things I value than things that I don't. And until there's proof that someone at 10c is getting rich off the extra money, I'll continue to believe that the increased cost is a necessary evil in order to give fans the best products, service and support possible.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Can you people please keep the noise down I am trying to sleep here, it is 3.20am and you keep waking me.
    Please stop arguing, shhh!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Can you people please keep the noise down I am trying to sleep here, it is 3.20am and you keep waking me.
    Please stop arguing, shhh!

Thank you!
    And good night!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Yield151Yield151 Posts: 267
    I don't have a problem with the $40 .... the way I see it is I will get a shirt (which I pay about $25 for each year anyway), plus the bootleg download is cool, also it will make the 45's more rare. I like this. I do feel for the $20 digital people though, it really should have been dropped to $15. I will be doing the analog and so will my girlfriend :D
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,253
    redrock wrote:
    pjl44 wrote:
    If people want that, find a band that you like who's playing 200 person rooms; good chance they'll grab a beer with you after the show. It's impossible for a band of Pearl Jam's popularity to make things super personal just based on the sheer volume of fans who want a piece of them. (And having some who go to extreme lengths to do so certainly doesn't help with that.)

Someone already mentioned Metallica.... Fan only gigs, meet & greets, backstage passes....

Very true. Any idea how many fan club only shows they've done? I ask because I know Pearl Jam has a couple under their belt...Vic, Irving Plaza, a couple tv tapings.

MetClub might be the only one I've seen so far where you certainly seem to get more, dollar for dollar. Maybe R.E.M. If Pearl Jam is second or third, is that so bad? Worth people getting apoplectic over?
  • Options
    After reading 12 of the 38 pages, I hope this doesn't get lost in the ridiculous amount of whining...

For those of you that joined early (91-95): How many of you guys had a record player back then?
    I only ask this because I know when I joined I did not own a record player, making my "holiday" single useless! That's right kids, I paid $15 dollars every year for a CHANCE at getting concert tickets and a piece of vinyl, without complaining.

Now I realize record players are back in style. In fact, I purchased one a few years back. But, how many of you have a record player today and actually listen to the "annual" single? If they offered this years ago, I would have been grateful to get an MP3 version of the single and ACTUALLY get to hear the song!

I realize some of these complaints come from personal experiences, but I have never been given a reason to complain and will gladly pay for a rare vinyl single and shirt. I have always been able to get tickets to shows with great seats and receive my orders on time. I guess I'm sort of wondering; what more do you guys want? The next time they tour, do this: Jump on Ebay, look for tickets, ANY shirt and holiday single and tell me $40 isn't a deal.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,390
    just got back into town & saw what was going on. when i renew, i'll go w/ analog. not sure what all the fuss is about---yeah, it costs more. but you get a shirt & a download. seems fair to me. happy 2011, everyone!! it's going to be a fun year!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    pjl44 wrote:
    If people want that, find a band that you like who's playing 200 person rooms; good chance they'll grab a beer with you after the show. It's impossible for a band of Pearl Jam's popularity to make things super personal just based on the sheer volume of fans who want a piece of them. (And having some who go to extreme lengths to do so certainly doesn't help with that.)

Someone already mentioned Metallica.... Fan only gigs, meet & greets, backstage passes....

Very true. Any idea how many fan club only shows they've done? I ask because I know Pearl Jam has a couple under their belt...Vic, Irving Plaza, a couple tv tapings.?
    30 or so....
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,253
    redrock wrote:
    pjl44 wrote:
    Very true. Any idea how many fan club only shows they've done? I ask because I know Pearl Jam has a couple under their belt...Vic, Irving Plaza, a couple tv tapings.?
    30 or so....

That's pretty awesome. I like Metallica a lot, but not quite like Pearl Jam. I'll join the MetClub whenever they hit the road to grab tickets, but don't feel compelled to keep my membership up otherwise. Again, just a question of value I suppose. It never occurred to me to gripe on their message board; my membership just lapses and I move along.
  • Options
    Just talked to someone at 10c, they said all you have to do is contact them over phone and they can upgrade ur already renewed account to Analog if you want. E-mail with credit card number and shirt size plus saying you wanna upgrade to analog also works as they are having computer trouble today. :D
  • Options
    gibbitsgibbits Posts: 500
    You mustn't smoke or you wouldn't judge an addict so easily. I no longer smoke but, when you do smoke, you don't consider that money as extra income to spend on anything else.

Just because someone doesn't look at buying cigarettes, weed, or alcohol as extra cash doesn't mean that isn't exactly what it is.
  • Options
    My wife and I are both going Analog!!!!!

:D
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    DeLukin wrote:
    Pearl Jam is my one guilty pleasure so I'll shell out the extra bucks for an Analog membership. In the grand scheme of things I'd rather spend more on things I value than things that I don't. And until there's proof that someone at 10c is getting rich off the extra money, I'll continue to believe that the increased cost is a necessary evil in order to give fans the best products, service and support possible.

If the 40 bucks insured that we wouldnt get treated like shit heads and actually got a service (ie, having questions answered in a direct way ect) It'd be well worth it but they couldn't pull that shit off when it was $20 so i can't see paying double making the ten c any more useful to me. i don't see what would justify me spending another 20 bucks just to get what i already have been. I say they take the extra money and hire some more people , we don't need t shirts.. we need a better ten c staff who is concerned with more than just our bank accounts and what chach kee they can sell to us on any given day. Seriously pearl jam, lets keep shit real in this upcoming decade! :mrgreen: I just hate to see the new year start out with even more people questioning ten club and pearl jams validity. Until ten c can ensure better service, i'll just stick to this digi shit.. kind a lame but.. whatever.. im not here for the gismos and doo dads, im here for the meat and potatoes (ie, my face being melted off by five chaps) . so until they start to suck live, i guess ten c will still get my 20 bucks a year.