2011 Verizon - Droid/iPhone Speculation/Facts thread

Comments

• LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    81 wrote:
    speaking of may....

April 7: Casio Commando
    Is this the John Matrix edition?
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    I bought an unopened Droid Incredible about a month ago from someone on Craigslist to tide me over until the new 4G Droids and hopefully 4G Iphone come out. I don't want to be under contract with a VCR.

...of course, when 4G comes to my area, who the hell knows. :D
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/14/htc- ... qus_thread

81, what are your thoughts on this and should i still get the thunderbolt?
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    metsfan wrote:
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/14/htc-sense-3-0-will-only-support-sensation-evo-3d-flyer-and-new/#disqus_thread

81, what are your thoughts on this and should i still get the thunderbolt?
    Depends on if you want the new features. The only one that looked real interesting was htc watch which is a media streamer. Ie movies. Netflix is working on an android app so that may be a mute feature. Imo, the biggest reason to wait for 3 would be the increased hardware profile. Thunderbolt is still a solid phone.

It all depends on how long you want to wait to get the newest and greatest. I'd rather have the hardware than have sense.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

It all depends on how long you want to wait to get the newest and greatest. I'd rather have the hardware than have sense.
    latest and greatest don't matter to me. i just want a phone that won't be outta date after a year. lol.

Considering the thundbolt is a warmed over evo, its already a year old. Still a good phone but if i was in the market today, i'd wait and get a dual core. But i already have a super phone. If you dont want to wait, you'll still be happy with the bolt
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i'll wait till my crapberry craps out :lol::lol: and go from there

bionic is being delayed. was suppose to be out in the 2nd qtr, but they are doing some tweaks to what was presented back in jan. new target is 3rd qtr.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    have a problem with keeping your phone from breaking....check out this bad boy

thumb_550_verizon-casio-gzone.jpg

Android™ 2.2
    Meets Military Standards 810G for Immersion, Rain, Shock and Dust Resistant, Vibration, Salt Fog, Humidity, Solar Radiation, Altitude, Low and High Temperature Storage
    5-megapixel camera with auto-focus, still photo, video capture, LED light
    High-security encryption for corporate email
    Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n connectivity
    Stereo Bluetooth™
    VZ Navigator® for GPS and audible turn-by-turn directions
    Mobile Hotspot capable-share 3G connection with up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    bionic is being delayed. was suppose to be out in the 2nd qtr, but they are doing some tweaks to what was presented back in jan. new target is 3rd qtr.
    cool update

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,891
    81 wrote:

Android™ 2.2
    Meets Military Standards 810G for Immersion, Rain, Shock and Dust Resistant, Vibration, Salt Fog, Humidity, Solar Radiation, Altitude, Low and High Temperature Storage
    Stereo Bluetooth™
    Mobile Hotspot capable-share 3G connection with up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices
    found my new phone , I think.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    phone looks to militaryish and seems like no front face video cam

metsfan wrote:
    81 wrote:
    cool update

looks like the droid Incredibile 2 is out, but doesn't seem that exciting. doesn't even appear to be a 4g phone. not sure why anyone would buy it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    looks like the droid Incredibile 2 is out, but doesn't seem that exciting. doesn't even appear to be a 4g phone. not sure why anyone would buy it.
    yup agreed

my next phone will be a 4g phone and on verzion that much i know lol

metsfan wrote:

i don't get all the love for front facing camera's. only time i used mine was when we first picked up the evo's and we were trying stuff out. i'd rather have a single high quaility rear cam or a faster processor, or more memory or.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

i don't get all the love for front facing camera's. only time i used mine was when we first picked up the evo's and we were trying stuff out. i'd rather have a single high quaility rear cam or a faster processor, or more memory or.....
    i don't really love it, its just another toy for me to play around on my phone. when your coming froma crapberry anything looks cool

81 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

Dont care about 4g right now. But where can I look for the one you posted? Only thing that comes up under android 2.2 is O/S stuff.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

Dont care about 4g right now. But where can I look for the one you posted? Only thing that comes up under android 2.2 is O/S stuff.

uhhh android 2.2 is o/s stuff. :lol:

http://www.casiogzone.com/
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Android™ 2.2
    Stereo Bluetooth™
    not finding it on verizons site yet. Has this release been delayed?

it goes on sale in two days.

here is the manufactures site. pretty cool little phone.

http://www.casiogzone.com/
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    mickeyrat wrote:

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/gadgetreviews ... izon/23984
    norm wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

thank you norm. That baby , he's been pissed at me since I took his smokes away for a week.

mickeyrat wrote:
    norm wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

thank you norm. That baby , he's been pissed at me since I took his smokes away for a week.

did you even click the link i posted? twice?????
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:

i didn't see them when you posted...must have been magic ;) :P
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

i didn't see them when you posted...must have been magic ;) :P

Kat must have edited my posts :P

maybe we need the wife to do micky's clicking for him. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    norm wrote:

yes I did. It said nothing there about a release date. an earlier post said april 7. My clicker is just fine thank you. You wanna go for two weeks , young man? :mrgreen:

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I'd like to know how you guys feel about Apple and Android spying on you...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/20 ... d-services

I'd like to get a smart phone, but I don't like the popo.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

i disabled it and keep my gps/wifi off. overall, it doesn't really bother me.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    mickeyrat wrote:
    yes I did. It said nothing there about a release date. an earlier post said april 7. My clicker is just fine thank you. You wanna go for two weeks , young man? :mrgreen:

did you read my post about it being out in two days. pay attention old man. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

i disabled it and keep my gps/wifi off. overall, it doesn't really bother me.

ok, but:

However, even if users disable location services, the iPhone and Android phones are believed to continue storing locations of cell towers and wi-fi networks in what is known as a "neighbour list".

Google's list is limited to the most recent 50 cell masts and 200 wi-fi networks, while Apple's list is retained for up to a year. Sources close to Apple have suggested the long-term retention may be an error which it will correct in a future software update.

Privacy advocates fear that although the data is anonymised, the Apple data is not encrypted and could be misused by law enforcement or others who wanted to capture information about someone's movements.

One security researcher, Alex Levinson of Katana Forensics, said on Thursday that US law enforcement had already made use of the location data recorded by the iPhone in investigations.
    Some police forces, such as those in Michigan, already carry readers that can copy all the files from a smartphone even if it is protected with a password, and that it has been used on motorists stopped for minor traffic violations. The American Civil Liberties Union says such examination amounts to an "unreasonable search", which would be illegal in the US.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless