2011 Verizon - Droid/iPhone Speculation/Facts thread

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    LG Reveolution is also out for Verizon. Stats say it will be a solid phone on par with the thunderbolt. I've never used any LG phone so i can't really comment on it, but if you are in the market for a verizon 4g phone, it be worth checking out.

i've still not see any official word on the LG Bionic and it's dual core processor release date. seems like all the dual core phones are moving slowly thru the pipeline right now.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    It seems like anything less than dual core right now is not worth it. I was gonna test out the HTC inspire 4g for att but decided to hold off for another month. I have a feeling some announcements might be coming soon.

Also if apple waits until late fall to release a new phone they'll probably lose me just because I'm jonesing for some new technology.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    anyone interested in buying a verizon smartphone, take note

If you have Verizon's $29.99 unlimited data plan, you'll be able to keep it after July 7.
    You'll also be able to keep the $29.99 unlimited plan when you upgrade to a new phone. (No word on if there's a pricing difference or when that policy could change.)
    If you add a line to an existing account, you'll not be able to chose the $29.99 unlimited data plan.
    If you're a new customer between now and July 7, you'll still be able to choose the $29.99 plan.

So if you're in the market for a Verizon phone and want to get in on the current unlimited plans before the major changes take effect, you've got two weeks, folks.

http://www.androidcentral.com/verizons- ... um=twitter
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    norm wrote:
    anyone interested in buying a verizon smartphone, take note

If you have Verizon's $29.99 unlimited data plan, you'll be able to keep it after July 7.
    You'll also be able to keep the $29.99 unlimited plan when you upgrade to a new phone. (No word on if there's a pricing difference or when that policy could change.)
    If you add a line to an existing account, you'll not be able to chose the $29.99 unlimited data plan.
    If you're a new customer between now and July 7, you'll still be able to choose the $29.99 plan.

So if you're in the market for a Verizon phone and want to get in on the current unlimited plans before the major changes take effect, you've got two weeks, folks.

http://www.androidcentral.com/verizons- ... um=twitter

I have a $29.99 plan. When the new iPhones come out, and hoping they are 4G, and when I switch phones it sounds like that will still be included? Essentially, as long as you're existing, and you don't downgrade you're good?
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
    for those worried, it is hard to hit that 2gig level. i normally barely crack a gig, even with netflix streaming.

gf streams radio all the time and doens't come close either.

i get more irked by the add on charge to use the hotspot feature. but of course, that is an easy fix. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    yeah it looks like if you've already got an unlimited plan you keep it...this only applies to new subs...i posted in case anyone is thinking about signing up should do so in the next couple weeks
    norm wrote:
    yeah it looks like if you've already got an unlimited plan you keep it...this only applies to new subs...i posted in case anyone is thinking about signing up should do so in the next couple weeks

agreed, it's good info if you are shopping....

i was just saying, people get way to worked up over the 2gig limit. unless you are running it as a hotspot and multiple peopel are using that hot spot, it's tough to exceed it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I can't stand it...I'm getting a new phone today.

App suggestions?

(81-not getting an iphone)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I lol at all the ATT haters. I have a friend who swears ATT is rips you off beyond belief. Yet Verizon is doing exactly what ATT did with knocking out their unlimited data plan. Companies will be companies, in the end they're all money sucking bastards.

Im well aware that ATT's signal does very much suck a good amount of the time though.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
    RKCNDY wrote:

App suggestions?

ohhhh, whatcha getting

most apps are over rated. give me the internet, it has it all.

astro file manager for when you need to find a file
    yahoo fantasy baseball
    scoremobile
    movies (great for finding showtimes in your area)
    netflix
    photobucket for uploading pics
    pdanet for wired tether
    and the king...wireless tether for free hot spotting.

that's about all i use.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    The 81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

App suggestions?

ohhhh, whatcha getting

most apps are over rated. give me the internet, it has it all.

astro file manager for when you need to find a file
    yahoo fantasy baseball
    scoremobile
    movies (great for finding showtimes in your area)
    netflix
    photobucket for uploading pics
    pdanet for wired tether
    and the king...wireless tether for free hot spotting.

that's about all i use.

htc Inspire...I compared teh plans for att and verizon, plans are about the same...but I'll stay with my att because when we go camping, the ppl that have verizon don't have service, and I still have it. :)
    Costco has a deal going now, so I can get the phone for $20 on an upgrade
    I don't want to pay for the tethering now...it's like $45/month for that...I know I'll get the 2G data plan
    Mr. RK got blessed with a crackberry from work, so we get to figure out how he'll juggle 2 phones.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    2g..people still use that. ;)

looks like a nice solid phone....

and if you need the hotspot, it can be done for free. ;)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81, is there an Android app that changes your outgoing caller I'd number?
    The 81, is there an Android app that changes your outgoing caller I'd number?
    Yeah. I think i read about a spoofing app. You can also hit *67 to hide your number
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    Why do people still buy Iphones? Baffles me...
    They look nice
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I'm using an iPhone 4 and the HTC inspire right now. I'm finding.that both Operating systems aren't even close to perfect. I do need some more time with the inspire to make a meaningful judgement.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,891
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    have a problem with keeping your phone from breaking....check out this bad boy

thumb_550_verizon-casio-gzone.jpg

Android™ 2.2
    Meets Military Standards 810G for Immersion, Rain, Shock and Dust Resistant, Vibration, Salt Fog, Humidity, Solar Radiation, Altitude, Low and High Temperature Storage
    5-megapixel camera with auto-focus, still photo, video capture, LED light
    High-security encryption for corporate email
    Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n connectivity
    Stereo Bluetooth™
    VZ Navigator® for GPS and audible turn-by-turn directions
    Mobile Hotspot capable-share 3G connection with up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices
    not finding it on verizons site yet. Has this release been delayed?
    its down to 149.99 right now. Being my plan is to quit smokng in two weeks, I could apply the savings to this. About this close |....| to buying.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    wait anouther week, and it'll be cheaper :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,891
    81 wrote:
    wait anouther week, and it'll be cheaper :lol:
    may be. :lol::lol: Thing that draws me to it is the ruggedized mil spec shit.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    My Droid decided to take a shit today while I was on an important work call. Thing was fully charged and it died mid-conversation. Wouldn't take a charge or turn back on.

Only a year old and well maintained. Recently started giving me problems. shit like touching the text icon on the touch screen and being taken to my sportstap app (which takes me to live sports scores).

Long story short the thing is dead. First phone I have had to return in 12 years of cell use. Don't buy a droid. I moved on to the iphone 4. This thing better last me the duration of my 2 year contract.

Now excuse me while I try to find my contacts lost info...and learn how to use this phone
    that blows.

was verizon able to say why it crapped?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    81 wrote:
    They look nice

What do you hate more? iPhones or the Cubs
    81 wrote:
    They look nice

Cubs by far. :lol:

I don't hate the iphone.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    I got a Droid 3 this week. It replaced an original Droid which I got the month they came out.

This phone is great. They have improved a great many things. I like the size weight, and look of this thing. It runs real smoothly.
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    They look nice

Cubs by far. :lol:

I don't hate the iphone.

Thast what I thought.

You sure you don't hate the iphone? You're always knocking it on this thread...

Thast what I thought.

what....the post you quoted, i said it looked nice.

i'm sure it's a solid phone, i just not a big fan of apple products or how they do business.

it's pretty rare to hear somebody say this dislike their iphone, although it does happen.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Thast what I thought.

what....the post you quoted, i said it looked nice.

i'm sure it's a solid phone, i just not a big fan of apple products or how they do business.

it's pretty rare to hear somebody say this dislike their iphone, although it does happen.

I gotcha. I assumed your "it looks nice" comment was sarcasm. I guess it's hard to pick up on sarcasm on a message board. :lol:
    it was more of a back handed compliment. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    81 wrote:
    it was more of a back handed compliment. :lol:

Kinda like "Those jeans in particular don't make your butt look huge, sweetie".
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10