I am so done with Christmas

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    eyedclaar wrote:
    81 wrote:

trust me, these fancy gadgets rule. i look forward to having something to do on my long car ride coming up.

How about paying attention to the road!?! That's something to do. You damn kids with your constant texting...

trust me, i hate those poeple more than you will ever know. but i'll have plenty of time to screw around in the navigator seat.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    yikes..should have confirmed that gift

But it was going to be such a nice surprise!

Of course, now that I stormed upstairs, pulled the giant box out from the back of the closet, stomped back downstairs and dumped it on the couch beside him, saying "merry fucking Christmas" the surprise is a bit less, um, festive.

perfect!!!

and i'll bet he was still surprised
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    yikes..should have confirmed that gift

But it was going to be such a nice surprise!

Of course, now that I stormed upstairs, pulled the giant box out from the back of the closet, stomped back downstairs and dumped it on the couch beside him, saying "merry fucking Christmas" the surprise is a bit less, um, festive.

I love you for this. We are kindred souls, I tell you :)

Well, I say you're off the hook with his gift.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363

I didn't even see this! :lol: Totally something I would have done!
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Is Mr. Unlost possibly fucking with you Unlost? Has he actually started playing with it in front of you?

Wow, Jeanwah, that is such a marvelously tempting line, but I will refrain... must refrain... must refrain...
    No, he's not. He wouldn't do that, he's really quite sincere. Just short-sighted.

At the end of the day he'll end up keeping the one I bought him, I'm quite certain. I'm not getting him anything else.

:lol: I've been doing that a lot lately, with the sexual innuendos. Totally not on purpose!
    Yet, purposeful...
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Jeanwah wrote:

I didn't even see this! :lol: Totally something I would have done!
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Is Mr. Unlost possibly fucking with you Unlost? Has he actually started playing with it in front of you?

Wow, Jeanwah, that is such a marvelously tempting line, but I will refrain... must refrain... must refrain...
    No, he's not. He wouldn't do that, he's really quite sincere. Just short-sighted.

At the end of the day he'll end up keeping the one I bought him, I'm quite certain. I'm not getting him anything else.

:lol: I've been doing that a lot lately, with the sexual innuendos. Totally not on purpose!
    Yet, purposeful...

I see. I've Got My Eye On You, Jeanwah!
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Sonja_S wrote:
    We have a rule in our family - the only things bought in December are food and other necessities, and we're not even big on Christmas...

I agree, December isn't about buying stuff for yourself.

And I'm with you Unlost, I would have reacted the same way. And I wouldn't get him any accessories for it - he bought it, he's on his own. Is it a guy thing? I don't mean to start a sexist argument here, but I know Christmas usually brings out the worst in my husband - two years ago he gave me a microwave. And we already had a microwave, he thought I'd like a new one. Guess what? He was wrong.

I see. I've Got My Eye On You, Jeanwah!

You know it, Unlost dogs! Woof!
    Enkidu wrote:
    Sonja_S wrote:
    We have a rule in our family - the only things bought in December are food and other necessities, and we're not even big on Christmas...

And I'm with you Unlost, I would have reacted the same way. And I wouldn't get him any accessories for it - he bought it, he's on his own. Is it a guy thing? I don't mean to start a sexist argument here, but I know Christmas usually brings out the worst in my husband - two years ago he gave me a microwave. And we already had a microwave, he thought I'd like a new one. Guess what? He was wrong.

I got a bathroom heater from my husband a couple years ago. When I opened it he says "It's the gift that keeps giving!" Yeah. Uh-huh.
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    norm wrote:
    get him a coffee gift card :mrgreen:

oh wait, wrong thread

LMFAO!! Sorry, but that was funny to me..... :lol:
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Sonja_SSonja_S Posts: 444
    Enkidu wrote:
    Sonja_S wrote:

Ouch. A friend of mine almost got whacked over the head with the blender he gave his wife. Fortunately he was able to convince her to look inside where he had put a ring. Maybe you should check the microwaves for jewellry ;)
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • :lol: just one of the oddest threads i've ever seen and your name reminded me of it somehow. i trust you've found work? haha

Yes I found work less than 2 weeks after that happened. But I'm looking for work again at the present time. And no, I didn't get fired.
    Okay girls, I'll see your microwave and bathroom heater & I will raise you a... Wait for it... A SNUGGIE.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    Okay girls, I'll see your microwave and bathroom heater & I will raise you a... Wait for it... A SNUGGIE.
    :lol: He didn't really give you that...

I'm giving a snuggie as a grab bag gift. I understand that I'll probably be the one stuck with it in the end. :lol:
    A Snuggie for real? Or as a joke?
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    edited December 2010
    Enkidu wrote:
    Sonja_S wrote:

that is a miracle of crap if you ask me. ;) husband buys wife a microwave for christmas when they already have one... that dude is either very drunk & high all the time or his head is where my location is, it's where my head is. his head up his ass much? :mrgreen:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Enkidu wrote:

Given with utmost sincerity, thinking I would enjoy sitting in our front porch room, wearing my Snuggie and reading a book.

I opened it. Gave him The Look. Put it down beside the couch out there. It's there right now, never moved.

A Snuggie. He must have missed this commercial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h05ZQ7WHw8Y
    chadwick wrote:
    that is a miracle of crap if you ask me. ;) husband buys wife a microwave for christmas when they already have one... that dude is either very drunk & high all the time or his head is where my location is, it's where my head is. his head up his ass much? :mrgreen:

My husband is usually very creative (none of that perfume, candles, soap stuff for me) but he was really really busy two years ago and I have a psychologist friend that says sometimes when men panic about what to get a woman - they choose appliances. My friend said it's actually fairly common.

I'm a little nervous cause he's working again this year thru Christmas Eve. I'm guessing - a toaster?

Ha ha - maybe it's a Snuggie.
    Enkidu wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

My husband is usually very creative (none of that perfume, candles, soap stuff for me) but he was really really busy two years ago and I have a psychologist friend that says sometimes when men panic about what to get a woman - they choose appliances. My friend said it's actually fairly common.

I'm a little nervous cause he's working again this year thru Christmas Eve. I'm guessing - a toaster?

I think I can picture The Enkidu Family 2011 Christmas Card... there they all are in their Snuggies! At the littlest Enkidu's (the Enkidulette's?) soccer game, all doing The Wave in their matching Snuggies. In the team's colors, of course.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Enkidu wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

plain and simple... men are dumb as shit
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    I think I can picture The Enkidu Family 2011 Christmas Card... there they all are in their Snuggies! At the littlest Enkidu's (the Enkidulette's?) soccer game, all doing The Wave in their matching Snuggies. In the team's colors, of course.

Snuggies are a great idea for a card - it's funny cause I just addressed a Christmas card to you, as another thank you for the SS gift. It's not Snuggies, but it's pretty funny. We've been doing crazy cards for a long time and another part of that tradition is they come really really late, because we usually take the photo over the Christmas holiday.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

Enkidu's Christmas
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpfHzD2_8m0

:P
    norm wrote:

Enkidu's Christmas

Oh my God I can totally imagine the Enkidus doing that.
    Enkidu wrote:

Snuggies are a great idea for a card - it's funny cause I just addressed a Christmas card to you, as another thank you for the SS gift. It's not Snuggies, but it's pretty funny. We've been doing crazy cards for a long time and another part of that tradition is they come really really late, because we usually take the photo over the Christmas holiday.

An Enkidu card coming my way! Psyched! Or, as we say in Boston, "Wicked psyched!"
    norm wrote:

Enkidu's Christmas

That's brilliant.

I tried to get this for my husband for Christmas - the tiger version. But it's sold out. (It's a joke - I don't know if I can explain it - we were in San Francisco about a month ago and got in an elevator with a man wearing a skintight tiger costume and a studded collar. And there was a man behind the tiger guy holding a leash attached to the collar and he was "blind" and had a white cane. They were very nice, but it was very strange, oh duh.)

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... 94&bih=717
  • vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    I've just read your thread and I'm having a similar moment. But I did not blow up- we were out doing last minute shopping, but I so wanted to. I held in the disappointment of a great gift dashed, but I so wanted to let it out. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

lol- I still have a few days to think of something else...maybe
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Enkidu wrote:
    I tried to get this for my husband for Christmas - the tiger version. But it's sold out. (It's a joke - I don't know if I can explain it - we were in San Francisco about a month ago and got in an elevator with a man wearing a skintight tiger costume and a studded collar. And there was a man behind the tiger guy holding a leash attached to the collar and he was "blind" and had a white cane. They were very nice, but it was very strange, oh duh.)

anywhere else but san fransisco that would be weird :lol::lol:
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,694
    norm wrote:

Enkidu's Christmas

blankeezheroweb_1_540x443.jpg
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Enkidu wrote:

Given with utmost sincerity, thinking I would enjoy sitting in our front porch room, wearing my Snuggie and reading a book.

I opened it. Gave him The Look. Put it down beside the couch out there. It's there right now, never moved.

A Snuggie. He must have missed this commercial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h05ZQ7WHw8Y

OMG. I really thought you were joking. Was it the only thing he got you that year?