I am so done with Christmas

Comments

• pandora wrote:
    I wonder if this will work out like that beautiful famous story?
    He sells his watch to buy a comb for her beautiful long hair. She sells her hair to buy a lovely watch chain for his beloved pocket watch. The gifts mean nothing and everything. It's just the love shared. Hug and make up and get back to the basics. I think the story ends in the bestest lovemaking of all! and thats a great gift! :D

nicely put Pandora :)

agree with this, it's not a big deal
    how you handled it was what a lot of people would do, just your normal reaction to what happened. i'd be annoyed too, but it's important that you don't get too caught up in the whole gifts thing and relax.
    he knows that you got him it, will appreciate that i'm sure. if you don't have time to get him something else then I'm sure he'll understand.
    someone said that you can get him something to go with it? that sounds like a good idea
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    should have got him an android tablet. ;)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    pandora wrote:
    He sells his watch to buy a comb for her beautiful long hair. She sells her hair to buy a lovely watch chain for his beloved pocket watch. The gifts mean nothing and everything. It's just the love shared. Hug and make up and get back to the basics. I think the story ends in the bestest lovemaking of all! and thats a great gift! :D

nicely put Pandora :)

agree with this, it's not a big deal
    how you handled it was what a lot of people would do, just your normal reaction to what happened. i'd be annoyed too, but it's important that you don't get too caught up in the whole gifts thing and relax.
    he knows that you got him it, will appreciate that i'm sure. if you don't have time to get him something else then I'm sure he'll understand.
    someone said that you can get him something to go with it? that sounds like a good idea

Thanks Pandora and electricxlovex... I needed that. (I was hoping for a cyberhug and advice for Pandora!)

He's going to keep the one I got him. I think the other one will be returned if it can be (he already opened it) or will be given to a nephew we're very close to.

This was the biggest gift I've ever gotten him. I think that's why I was so disappointed. I was so sure he'd love it, and I wanted to see his face that morning.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    81 wrote:

I knew you were going to say that. What took you so long? :lol:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    81 wrote:

i was trying to log on via an imac, but i kept getting a error message saying Steve Jobs does not like PJ. :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

i was trying to log on via an imac, but i kept getting a error message saying Steve Jobs does not like PJ. :x

:lol::lol:
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    my 2 cents ...

just take solace in the fact you indeed did got him the perfect gift for him this year ... in fact, he wanted it so much, he bought it for himself ...

the rest i'll keep to myself ... :)
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    I'm with Unlost here. You just don't shop for yourself in the month of December, at least not before x-mas.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Boo Boo wrote:
    Well I haven't received my SS gift yet...I'll look for a big box with towels
    in the mail to come soon....LOL :lol::lol:

I take that as a no?? :lol::lol:
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
    :lol::lol:

you know it to be true. how many threads have we seen that said i can't access the forum on my iphone vs. how many saying i can't access the forum on my android phone. :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,694
    edited December 2010
    Should have got him slippers and a dildo...that way if he didn't like the slippers he could go :shock: .

:mrgreen:

Hey, what are the odds that he'd buy one, you made the effort and in the end he'll appreciate that. Plus you can get even and throw snowballs at him Friday night while he rides around town on the firetruck (assuming we get any snow, if not chuck tennis balls at him and his red suit). Merry Christmas.
    Post edited by Poncier on
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Wow...

Thats a shame this happened...But what can ya do??

Every year I go out and buy myself something nice for Christmas too...But its always new underwear...

I can just picture Kathy throwing a package of Hanes boxers at me screaming...

"Merry Fucking Christmas"!!!!!!!!

hehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • IMO I have to agree with you.. that's pretty jacked to spend so much on a gift for yourself, this close to Christmas. Sounds kinda selfish to me, but you know your man best. I'd say tell him HE can deal with the madness of returning it, since he wanted to be so selfish. ( my attitude is probably why I'm still single btw, so maybe ignore me?)

single huh? :)
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    eyedclaar wrote:
    I'm with Unlost here. You just don't shop for yourself in the month of December, at least not before x-mas.
    im trippin over the 7 big ones
    jesus...

i cannot imagine buying or even owning a 700 dollar cellular gadget
    that is what it is, correct, a cellular gadget?

takes all types i guess... what do i know, im just a dick...
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    here unlost....you can buy Mr. Unlost this:

iArm-Forearm-Mount-Prank-Gift-Box_6935-l.jpg

Be very very very specific in that you expect him to keep the ipad on his person at all times...even in the event of an emergency....'just in case' you need to reach him...and I would have reacted the same way as you did. I have a somewhat similar story. :|
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    good thing about the single life... i don't have to deal with this sort of stuff :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    4and20 wrote:

Be very very very specific in that you expect him to keep the ipad on his person at all times...even in the event of an emergency....'just in case' you need to reach him...and I would have reacted the same way as you did. I have a somewhat similar story. :|
    that is so funny its disgusting
    or
    that is so disgusting its funny

i cant choose :?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    4and20 wrote:

:clap::clap:
    good thing about the single life... i don't have to deal with this sort of stuff :mrgreen:
    aint that the flippin truth
    single life is the frickin bomb
    i dont even have to have a fun-time gadget because i have no wife to call or text all day

i find it glorious to be free away from phones and whatnot unless my home phone rings or i get a randy email
    or pm from someone ;)

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    eyedclaar wrote:

Agreed.

At least he didn't buy it on Christmas Eve!!!! You have almost a whole week to recover. ;)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • chadwick wrote:
    i dont even have to have a fun-time gadget because i have no wife to call or text all day

i find it glorious to be free away from phones and whatnot unless my home phone rings or i get a randy email
    or pm from someone ;)
    PM sent.
    GoiMTvP.gif
    chadwick wrote:

or pm from someone ;)
    PM sent.
    you are so funny, Sir.
    i just now busted up laughing

love 4 BD

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    IMO I have to agree with you.. that's pretty jacked to spend so much on a gift for yourself, this close to Christmas. Sounds kinda selfish to me, but you know your man best. I'd say tell him HE can deal with the madness of returning it, since he wanted to be so selfish. ( my attitude is probably why I'm still single btw, so maybe ignore me?)
    Yes!
    I say Keep the ipad you got him and still give it to him as a gift. He can return the one he bought.
    chadwick wrote:

or pm from someone ;)

trust me, these fancy gadgets rule. i look forward to having something to do on my long car ride coming up.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    81 wrote:

trust me, these fancy gadgets rule. i look forward to having something to do on my long car ride coming up.

How about paying attention to the road!?! That's something to do. You damn kids with your constant texting...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    pandora wrote:
    I thought of this too, while reading Unlost's story. ;)

Is Mr. Unlost possibly fucking with you Unlost? Has he actually started playing with it in front of you?
    81 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

or pm from someone ;)

drive the car, no?
    screw with the stereo, no?
    rub your john roger, yes?

although i guess most so called drivers these days fondle the GPS gadgets
    cheating and inaccurate

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Sonja_SSonja_S Posts: 444
    My sister just told me that a friend of hers who is pregnant got her husband stuff from his favourite soccer-club (read: religion) including a onesie for the baby - she had to become a member of their fanclub to even be able to buy it. What does he do? He comes home with exactly the things she bought him except the onesie and when she thanks him for ruining the surprise, he says she should take it all back and get the onesie for the baby instead. That was the moment her hormones took over and she did exactly as Unlost :lol:

We have a rule in our family - the only things bought in December are food and other necessities, and we're not even big on Christmas...
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I tell my wife to refrain from shopping for herself in December. I bought her a heavy jacket, a ltd edition Paul Weller CD, the Ames Bros book, a few Kaiser Chiefs (the band, not the team) shirts, and a same-day return trip to Las Vegas (which she won't find out about until we are at the airport!
    Jeanwah wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    I thought of this too, while reading Unlost's story. ;)

Is Mr. Unlost possibly fucking with you Unlost? Has he actually started playing with it in front of you?

Wow, Jeanwah, that is such a marvelously tempting line, but I will refrain... must refrain... must refrain...
    No, he's not. He wouldn't do that, he's really quite sincere. Just short-sighted.

At the end of the day he'll end up keeping the one I bought him, I'm quite certain. I'm not getting him anything else.