THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    and Ben was the one Merle was gnawing on when Daryl walked up.

I didn't even notice that until I watched the first part of the show again. Poor Ben. I wish it had happened to his dad.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    I thought one of the producers on talking dead a while back confirmed that Lori was eaten by that zombie. I could be mistaken though.

And I understand what Merle's mission at the end there was, but to say he saved the group is ridiculous. He knocked off a few of the governors men, that's all.

Before the start of the new episodes, if you notice the "last time on the walking dead" clip focuses on the character that will be the main focal point of the new episode. I'll be interested to see who they set up next week.

Unlikely Lori comes back, but imagine the scene where Rick loses his shit, and the governor kills zombie Lori as zombie penny was killed :o
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Forgot, LOL @ the car Merle stole.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • 14B37DD9-0534-4FD4-8258-5F91D3863EF4-1476-000000A03A1552F5_zpsc534f146.jpg

Drink up :lol:

that's one of those scenes where I wonder if it was improv'd. it was hilarious.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • 14B37DD9-0534-4FD4-8258-5F91D3863EF4-1476-000000A03A1552F5_zpsc534f146.jpg

are the zombies becoming more docile? in the first couple seasons, if a living human was in a car, the zombies would be breaking the glass and beating the shit out of the car to get in. Now you can leave the windows open a crack without worry so the dead can enjoy some Motorhead too. :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    14B37DD9-0534-4FD4-8258-5F91D3863EF4-1476-000000A03A1552F5_zpsc534f146.jpg

that's one of those scenes where I wonder if it was improv'd. it was hilarious.

Probably, I'm gonna miss Merle he had some great lines, wish they would've killed off Glenn or Carol instead.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    14B37DD9-0534-4FD4-8258-5F91D3863EF4-1476-000000A03A1552F5_zpsc534f146.jpg

are the zombies becoming more docile? in the first couple seasons, if a living human was in a car, the zombies would be breaking the glass and beating the shit out of the car to get in. Now you can leave the windows open a crack without worry so the dead can enjoy some Motorhead too. :lol:

I thought the same thing last night. Went from smashing through glass to simply pawing at a window...that's open! :? :lol:
    And when they were in Morgan's town a bunch of Z's just pawed at the cafe doors like they were washing the windows while Carl nonchalantly leaned against the old wooden doors with the big panes of glass.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • And when they were in Morgan's town a bunch of Z's just pawed at the cafe doors like they were washing the windows while Carl nonchalantly leaned against the old wooden doors with the big panes of glass.

yeah, I first noticed it then too. in the first season they busted through department store glass to get in.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • 81 wrote:
    this show is nothing but a mass glorification of the gun perputued by the NRA. :mrgreen:

and it's become boring as hell. i find myself flipping to other shows during commercials and not racing to get back.

men-s-broken-record-t-shirt-palmercash-2.jpg
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    And when they were in Morgan's town a bunch of Z's just pawed at the cafe doors like they were washing the windows while Carl nonchalantly leaned against the old wooden doors with the big panes of glass.

I guess all those zombies have gotten tuckered out after all this time. :lol:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but season one when they were in Atlanta, didn't zombies bust through a giant store window and muscle their way in?
    Now, a 8 or 9 year old can hold a pack of them at bay and an open car window is enough not to worry! :lol:
    In another season or two nobody is going to give a shit about the zombies. A gust of wind comes and blows them all down! :lol:
    Did anyone else think when Merle died...."Shit, he just gave up a really nice gun!"
    Granted, he did that on his own, but I bet Rickgang isn't too happy about that. Takes out three dudes, but gives up probably their best gun doing so... :fp: :D
    As to the Z's not getting into Merle's car or out of the cafe, I think there were remarks by someone involved in the show, or maybe I'm just transferring my knowledge learned from WWZ, ;) that as time goes on Zs rot. They do not regenerate and flesh, bone, muscles decay so they get weaker. That explains why early in the show the Walkers were a lot more dangerous and stronger. As time goes on there are fewer "new" zombies because there are fewer and fewer people to turn. Anyhow, that's how I justify the current z's being such weenies.
    mca47 wrote:
    Did anyone else think when Merle died...."Shit, he just gave up a really nice gun!"
    Granted, he did that on his own, but I bet Rickgang isn't too happy about that. Takes out three dudes, but gives up probably their best gun doing so... :fp: :D

I was wondering about the gun that Merle took. I guess it had to have been one of the good guns in Rick's stockpile. I doubt if he would have found that rifle in a prison mattress. :)

I'm also curious as to why Michonne agreed to go wandering through the prison with Merle. And I definitely would have been reluctant to turn my back on him. Or has she now turned into a trusting naive soul.
    As to the Z's not getting into Merle's car or out of the cafe, I think there were remarks by someone involved in the show, or maybe I'm just transferring my knowledge learned from WWZ, ;) that as time goes on Zs rot. They do not regenerate and flesh, bone, muscles decay so they get weaker. That explains why early in the show the Walkers were a lot more dangerous and stronger. As time goes on there are fewer "new" zombies because there are fewer and fewer people to turn. Anyhow, that's how I justify the current z's being such weenies.
    I suppose. I bet new/fresh zombie Merle could have done some damage! :lol:
  • stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    How was the governor able to fight off Merle so easily? The dude had a dagger for a hand! I still don't get why the Governor has any power at all in a lawless world.
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • stickfig13 wrote:
    How was the governor able to fight off Merle so easily? The dude had a dagger for a hand! I still don't get why the Governor has any power at all in a lawless world.

sociopaths quickly rise to the top of any situation. very charming, know what to say, and command the room.

and merle had just been kicked and punched in the ribs and head by 4 other guys before Govnah got to him.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    stickfig13 wrote:

sociopaths quickly rise to the top of any situation. very charming, know what to say, and command the room.

and merle had just been kicked and punched in the ribs and head by 4 other guys before Govnah got to him.

I guess you're right on Merle. I just don't understand why anyone would take orders from a guy who was probably a banker before the world ended (No offense to bankers :D )
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
    stickfig13 wrote:
    stickfig13 wrote:

I guess you're right on Merle. I just don't understand why anyone would take orders from a guy who was probably a banker before the world ended (No offense to bankers :D )
    I think it's because people generally respect order. What he sold them was this dream of getting back to some sense of normalcy. They would have a community to live in, they were protected from zombies...I get it. It also seems that most people in Woodbury like and respect him (good looking dude, smooth talker) and he doesn't come off as "super leader" around the citizens. The people in his army know who he is though, and they probably think "well,it's better than being out there on my own..."
    Predictions for the finale?
    stickfig13 wrote:

Somebody dies! :D Too specific?
    stickfig13 wrote:
    Zombies eat some people.
    Andrea is annoying.
    The Governor is pissed.
    Daryl is sad.
    Carol doesn't do anything.
    Hershel mutters something in disagreement.
    Maggie gets mad a Glen about something.
    Glen is confused at why Maggie is mad.
    Rick tells Michonne to pick up a f'n gun and stop playing around with that damn sword.
    Rick tells Dayl to pick up a f'n gun and stop playing around with that damn crossbow.
    Zombies eat some more people.
    The Governor gets killed by Andrea.
    Milton says "I can't believe you actually killed the Governor!"
    Andrea says something annoying.
    The end.
    stickfig13 wrote:

Its going to be a lot more than that if what Andrew Lincoln told rolling stone is true. :o
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mca47 wrote:
    stickfig13 wrote:
    Zombies eat some people.
    Andrea is annoying.
    The Governor is pissed.
    Daryl is sad.
    Rick tells Michonne to pick up a f'n gun and stop playing around with that damn sword.
    Rick tells Dayl to pick up a f'n gun and stop playing around with that damn crossbow.
    The end.

sounds about right
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47 wrote:
    stickfig13 wrote:
    Zombies eat some people.
    Andrea is annoying.
    The Governor is pissed.
    Daryl is sad.
    The end.

:lol::lol::lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • mc47 makes a good point. carol, up to this point, has been probably the most expendable character. but this past episode merle made a comment to her that she's not the same woman she was when he last saw her.

I wonder if she plays prominently into the finale.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    stickfig13 wrote:

I think Tyrese finally realizes The Governor is a dick and turns on him
    Michone saves Andrea
    Either Beth or maggie dies.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    stickfig13 wrote:

Its going to be a lot more than that if what Andrew Lincoln told rolling stone is true. :o

What did he say?
    The story is subscription only but here's another interview where it's mentioned (spoiler alert)

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/andrew-lincoln ... 10902.html
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    stickfig13 wrote:

and he might have hammered
    aqo2t.jpg