THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    One of my friends (well more of a friend of a friend, but i know her and stuff). Well anywho she was a zombie on Sunday and got shot by the governor :lol:

http://instagram.com/p/W-z3_JFqde/

and here she is getting shot in the shed

208672_10151560558080505_19471776_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

She co-wrote the Lost Encyclopedia and did the 24 magazines, the art of 300, teh art of terminator salvation, buffy the vampire magazines, and lots of other stuff. Her name is Tara Bennett. :D

http://www.amazon.com/Tara-Bennett/e/B001JOYPIY
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    One of my friends (well more of a friend of a friend, but i know her and stuff). Well anywho she was a zombie on Sunday and got shot by the governor :lol:

She co-wrote the Lost Encyclopedia and did the 24 magazines, the art of 300, teh art of terminator salvation, buffy the vampire magazines, and lots of other stuff. Her name is Tara Bennett. :D

that's pretty cool
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Cool. Did she have fun?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280

Oh man! I want to be a zombie!

I'd def want to be the zombie that takes out Andrea! :lol:
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    Cool. Did she have fun?

yeah she did. She said it was def. a career highlight :lol: They shoot in Atlanta so you would have to go there and hoped to get picked. I guess she had inside connections. ;)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    my friend and I are def. ready to end this feud with the Gov. and get back into our core group.

What direction is the show going to take? If they stay in the prison it seems it will get mighty boring
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Cool. Did she have fun?

yeah she did. She said it was def. a career highlight :lol: They shoot in Atlanta so you would have to go there and hoped to get picked. I guess she had inside connections. ;)
    that is coold i know some people who have sent in their "resume"/ pics in an attempt to get interst to come try out to be an extra but no luck yet.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    These past 2 weeks have moved a little slow for my liking. I hope they get the show going somewhere again.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Posts: 4,809
    I'm ready to see a Rick and the "Gov" Battle Royal!! :twisted:
    Gotta say the prison looks a little out gunned.

Good show :)
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• right now I don't even need a calendar. My life is currently based on what day it is in relation to the new walking dead episode.

"what day is it?"

"4 days till next episode"
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • tumblr_mdv1jkRVZm1rja014o1_500.jpg
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
    RobbyD462 wrote:

I don't know about the out gunned part. Most of the people at Woodbury apparently don't use weapons at all. They will have to learn how to fight quickly. Remember the guy that got partially eaten by walkers and the Gov shot him in the head to put him out of his misery? That guy let a couple of walkers catch him in the middle of the street. I've been wondering how that happened. Did he walk up to them and try to introduce himself. "Welcome to Woodbury. We're having a fight party tonight. Why don't y'all come. We will grill before the show."
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RobbyD462 wrote:

I don't know about the out gunned part. Most of the people at Woodbury apparently don't use weapons at all. They will have to learn how to fight quickly. Remember the guy that got partially eaten by walkers and the Gov shot him in the head to put him out of his misery? That guy let a couple of walkers catch him in the middle of the street. I've been wondering how that happened. Did he walk up to them and try to introduce himself. "Welcome to Woodbury. We're having a fight party tonight. Why don't y'all come. We will grill before the show."

50 vs. 10. i like the odds for woodbury...but if the battle is at the prison, gotta like their odds unless woodbury scrounges up some heavy artillary.

plot line is still stupid
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    rival. wrote:
    andrea is screwed. her only hope is milton.

I dunno about that.

I think Tyrese, might see her locked up in that room and try and save her or something. I think that's when he finally "turns" on the governor.

i hope so. tyrese is a good egg.

and assuming some main characters are going to get killed off in these final two episodes, they are going to need some replacements on team rick.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    anyone read World War Z?

got it off amazon a couple days ago and started it last night. big collection of stories that different people lived through during the outbreak and apocalypse. it's not one big novel/plot like the movie seems to be. so far, so good!
    rival. wrote:
    anyone read World War Z?

got it off amazon a couple days ago and started it last night. big collection of stories that different people lived through during the outbreak and apocalypse. it's not one big novel/plot like the movie seems to be. so far, so good!

I loved this book. I hear the movie is totally different.
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    rival. wrote:
    anyone read World War Z?

I thought the book was really good was pretty disappointed in the movie trailer.
  • TORONTO - "The Walking Dead" has been zombie-shuffling towards an epic showdown for weeks.

And when it finally comes, it'll feature a major shocker for fans, promises departing showrunner Glen Mazzara.

The TV scribe says he approached the current season "as a historical novel" building towards "the first major battle between surviving groups in the aftermath of this zombie apocalypse."

"Everyone's in play now, everyone's on stage, everybody has a stake in it and I think it'll be a very interesting, surprising ending for the fans," Mazzara says in a recent phone interview from Los Angeles.

"I know it won't be what people will expect but I think hopefully it'll be emotionally satisfying."

The Season 3 finale to "The Walking Dead" is just two episodes away and is expected to feature a long-awaited face-off between former cop-turned-survivalist Rick Grimes and his gang's villainous rival, the Governor.

The ending also caps Mazzara's brief run as showrunner for the popular AMC drama, based on the comic book series by Robert Kirkman.

Mazzara took the reins in Season 2 after previous showrunner Frank Darabont left the show amid strained relations with AMC.

A clash with the network seemed to similarly fuel Mazzara's exit, with the seasoned scriptwriter admitting to "creative differences."

"And it was an accumulation of differences — it wasn't one specific storyline or character's fate or anything like that," Mazzara says of his departure.

"I think we're all proud of the tremendous success of 'The Walking Dead' but after awhile we were at a bit of a stalemate. We thought it was best to split amicably. And I've done this before on shows where I realize if I'm not the creator of the show — and it's AMC's show — then it's only fair that we split and they have the opportunity to make the show that they want to make."

Although he's open to collaboration, Mazzara notes he's fiercely protective of his vision when helming a TV project.

"When you hire me or buy a project from me you know that I'm going to have a strong point of view," says Mazzara, whose past projects include "The Shield," "Crash" and "Criminal Minds: Suspect Behaviour."

"When I look at groundbreaking TV shows of the past 10 years — like 'The Sopranos,' 'The Wire,' 'The Shield,' 'Lost,' 'Battlestar Galactica,' today 'Justified,' 'Sons of Anarchy,' 'Game of Thrones,' 'Walking Dead' — all of those shows have benefited from having a strong point of view and a strong showrunner. None of those shows have been written by committee and I think that's important.

"I think you need to have the definitive point of view, you need an artist behind the vision saying: This is the story that I want to tell. I think once you start having people in the boardroom trying to tailor something for different age groups and different target groups you're probably just going to end up with something that's not as special."

Mazzara, slated to head north of the border for the Toronto Screenwriting Conference on April 6 and 7, has since signed a development deal with Fox Television Studios to create his own projects for premium cable television.

He says he's looking forward to developing his own original work.

"(In) my last few shows, I've come in to previously established material and I'm really interested in breaking out on my own and finally telling the stories that I want to tell."
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Daughter starting university in September - went for the 'offer holder day'. Looked at the 'societies' there. Her and her friend zoomed in on the Zombie Society. I think that sold it for her... she can't wait to play humans vs zombies. Remind me again why I'm busting my ass to pay for this??? :lol:

We're a week behind in the UK (if I watch it on TV) so I get my 'sneak previews' from this thread...
  • stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    redrock wrote:
    Daughter starting university in September - went for the 'offer holder day'. Looked at the 'societies' there. Her and her friend zoomed in on the Zombie Society. I think that sold it for her... she can't wait to play humans vs zombies. Remind me again why I'm busting my ass to pay for this??? :lol:

We're a week behind in the UK (if I watch it on TV) so I get my 'sneak previews' from this thread...

Watch it on iTunes!
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • anyone think they know what the "big shocker" is going to be?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    stickfig13 wrote:
    redrock wrote:

Watch it on iTunes!

I could watch it in all kinds of places, it's just a lack of time. I record it and watch when I can so sometimes I can be a couple of episodes behind. I still have to catch up on 5 episodes of Game of Thrones and 1 of Dexter. Too much TV, too little time :mrgreen:
    redrock wrote:
    stickfig13 wrote:
    redrock wrote:

Watch it on iTunes!

I could watch it in all kinds of places, it's just a lack of time. I record it and watch when I can so sometimes I can be a couple of episodes behind. I still have to catch up on 5 episodes of Game of Thrones and 1 of Dexter. Too much TV, too little time :mrgreen:

Oh I get it. You are behind. I thought you meant the entire UK was behind by a week
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
    anyone think they know what the "big shocker" is going to be?

since the show has been different than the comic, i have my idea what may happen. I mentioned earlier that the "Eye for an eye" tagline might not be literal. I can see the Governor killing Judith so Rick also loses a daughter, maybe they will kill Carl instead. That would be brutal if the Governor kills Carl though.

since the show has been different than the comic, i have my idea what may happen. I mentioned earlier that the "Eye for an eye" tagline might not be literal. I can see the Governor killing Judith so Rick also loses a daughter, maybe they will kill Carl instead. That would be brutal if the Governor kills Carl though.

My guess is that a core character goes down in a blaze of glory saving the others.

Please let it be Andrea ;)
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    yea, maybe Andrea goes down.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
    stickfig13 wrote:
    My guess is that a core character goes down in a blaze of glory saving the others.

compared to last season the deaths this season were of lesser characters, Lori was the exception. I agree though someone major will go down.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    yea, maybe Andrea goes down.
    I want to see Zombie Andrea before she gets her head blown off! :lol:
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    stickfig13 wrote:

They've been really building her up, so she might be the one to go.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln