THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• pjradio wrote:
    stickfig13 wrote:
    How was the governor able to fight off Merle so easily? The dude had a dagger for a hand! I still don't get why the Governor has any power at all in a lawless world.

sociopaths quickly rise to the top of any situation. very charming, know what to say, and command the room.

and merle had just been kicked and punched in the ribs and head by 4 other guys before Govnah got to him.

and he might have hammered

that too. forgot about that.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Watching season 1 ep 2 on AMC. Walkers were a lot faster back then and they weren't as gnarly.
  • now that was interesting. watching merle trying to snag a tool to set himself free while walkers try to bust through the door......he keeps repeating what he was saying just before Governor shot him...."I'm not gonna beg!". groovy.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    edited March 2013
    I think herschel is a goner in the final

I hope not. I like him.
    Post edited by intodeep on
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    I'm gonna go with Beth as the goner. At this point shes more of an extra who occasionally sings a folksy tune.
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Im going with Carol and Judith as most likely to die
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    The guy who plays Rick said in a Rolling Stone interview that 27 people die in the finale. :o

I'm guessing we lose two from the group. I've got a weird hunch it's Herschel and maybe even Daryl. They're not obvious and my two favorite characters, so I hope it's not true. But I see Herschel doing something heroic to save his girls or Glenn. And I see Daryl going out guns a blazing with rage after the death of his brother. But again, I hope they both make it.
  • stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    gabers wrote:
    The guy who plays Rick said in a Rolling Stone interview that 27 people die in the finale. :o

I'm guessing we lose two from the group. I've got a weird hunch it's Herschel and maybe even Daryl. They're not obvious and my two favorite characters, so I hope it's not true. But I see Herschel doing something heroic to save his girls or Glenn. And I see Daryl going out guns a blazing with rage after the death of his brother. But again, I hope they both make it.

Female fans with lose their shit if Daryl dies. He's become the poster boy for the show.
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    They're not going to kill off Daryl no chance of that happening right now. I wish they would kill off Glenn, he's gone downhill since he hooked up with Magpie
    They're not going to kill off Daryl no chance of that happening right now. I wish they would kill off Glenn, he's gone downhill since he hooked up with Magpie

Maybe the proposal scene was written in because one of them dies.
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • stickfig13 wrote:

Maybe the proposal scene was written in because one of them dies.

this. I'm guessing Maggie dies.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    gabers wrote:

I never thought about Hershel protecting Glenn. Whoa! :shock: They set it up perfectly too!
    Yeah, Hershel is definitely a goner! I don't see Beth dying. What is she going to do during the war anyways? Has she even shot a gun? I could see Maggie....maybe.
    There is no way Daryl is getting killed off.
    That's so weird. You'd think that guy would be happy as shit being with Magpie! <--- I do like "Magpie"! :lol: Zombie apocalypse...he finds a hot chick during a zombie apocalypse that likes him and likes to bang it out! He probably never had that pre-apocalypse! Cheer up Glenn! :lol::lol:
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    mca47 wrote:
    I don't see Beth dying. What is she going to do during the war anyways? Has she even shot a gun?

Yeah remember when they had that argument in prison and she fired it into the air? Beth won't die cause she has to sing for all that died at the end of the episode.
  • silver39silver39 Posts: 1,346
    mca47 wrote:
    I don't see Beth dying. What is she going to do during the war anyways? Has she even shot a gun?

Yeah remember when they had that argument in prison and she fired it into the air? Beth won't die cause she has to sing for all that died at the end of the episode.

LOL! My husband and I said this same thing :lol:

I think its going to be judith and the gov will do it to spite Rick and let him feel whats its like to lose a kid too! As a female fan if Darryl is gone A LOT of women will stop watching the show....I have to admit his presense does make it a better show :-)
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
    silver39 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

LOL! My husband and I said this same thing :lol:

I think its going to be judith and the gov will do it to spite Rick and let him feel whats its like to lose a kid too! As a female fan if Darryl is gone A LOT of women will stop watching the show....I have to admit his presense does make it a better show :-)

Darryl is on the cover of the video game and on most posters. I think they realize what they have. He will stick around
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    :) Okay you all have convinced me - Daryl will live! I know how they like to push the envelope, that's why I threw it out there.

Okay, here's my other bold prediction. The Governor will live. He's too interesting to kill.
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    gabers wrote:
    :) Okay you all have convinced me - Daryl will live! I know how they like to push the envelope, that's why I threw it out there.

Okay, here's my other bold prediction. The Governor will live. He's too interesting to kill.

Like Merle in Season 1 - leave it open ended so they can bring him back at some point. Or like Morgan who was absent for a long period but then brought back for another episode and still available to be brought back again.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    gabers wrote:

at the end of last episode when daryl was lying in the grass crying over merle, i thought for sure one of the governor's men was still lurking around and was going to take him captive and bring him back to woodbury (maybe setting up how andrea eventually gets rescued?) just to add an extra action scene in the finale, but no chance daryl gets killed off.

i am thinking the governor survives too or at least leave him dying or surviving open ended for the possibility of a return down the road like they did with merle.
    I never considered the Governor not dying. Could be. Maybe he gets away and will show up in future seasons...
    Assuming he dies, what comes of the folks at Woodbury? You figure a lot of them will die. Do they stay there knowing they've been beat and lots of people (the muscle) now dead? Does Rick's group take them in? Does Ricks group take over Woodbury...?
    mca47 wrote:
    I never considered the Governor not dying. Could be. Maybe he gets away and will show up in future seasons...
    Assuming he dies, what comes of the folks at Woodbury? You figure a lot of them will die. Do they stay there knowing they've been beat and lots of people (the muscle) now dead? Does Rick's group take them in? Does Ricks group take over Woodbury...?

If I had the option to take over Woodbury I would only do it temporarily until the prison could be retaken and repaired. I just don't think Woodbury is that safe - a zombie herd could push over those tires and the buses, cars they have blocking the streets. Maybe if they built a moat or something around it or put up a fence like at the prison.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
    mca47 wrote:

If I had the option to take over Woodbury I would only do it temporarily until the prison could be retaken and repaired. I just don't think Woodbury is that safe - a zombie herd could push over those tires and the buses, cars they have blocking the streets. Maybe if they built a moat or something around it or put up a fence like at the prison.
    Yeah, I suppose they could take all the supplies from Woodbury and use that to spruce up the prison.
    I'm all for a moat! You really can't beat a good moat! :lol:
    Though, you'd probably just get a bunch of zombies falling in there...and we don't know if zombies can swim. They'd probably just drown, rot and stink the place up! :lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Yeah, I suppose they could take all the supplies from Woodbury and use that to spruce up the prison.
    I'm all for a moat! You really can't beat a good moat! :lol:
    Though, you'd probably just get a bunch of zombies falling in there...and we don't know if zombies can swim. They'd probably just drown, rot and stink the place up! :lol:

We saw zombies burned and they still lived. I doubt a bit of water is going to get rid of them. It would probably just be a moat full of walkers swimming around. :D
    i like the moat idea as long as it is filled with liquid hot magma.
    nerd purchase lastnight... don't hate! :D

walking-dead-walkers-art-2.0-walking-dead-watch-4.jpg
    rival. wrote:

Ha! I think it's cool. Of course, I'm a nerd too.
    rival. wrote:

Ha! I think it's cool. Of course, I'm a nerd too.
    NERDS EVERYWHERE!!

:lol:
    Pearl Jam nerds. Zombie nerds. And I'm a Tri Geek too. I can't win - at least according to my husband. He thinks I'm the ultimate nerd/geek.
    In case you didn't read this article...

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/03/26/the-w ... ?hpt=hp_t5
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    edited March 2013
    Post edited by pjradio on
    aqo2t.jpg