THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• I love how so much of the awesome moments in this show are actor improv. Laurie Holden (Andrea) said on talking dead that the whistling that the Gov was doing was something he came up with on his own, and so was the shovel scraping across the fence.

you always get the best stuff when you just let actors act.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • 81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    :yawn:

You've got to be kidding!

it's not even a zombie show anymore....it's turned into the hatfields vs. mccoys....the zombies might as well be a winter blizzard at this point

it never was. it's an apocalypse/survival show, and the zombie virus was the catalyst for the apocolypse.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    I've liked the recent episodes, but last night seemed too long and drawn out for what was accomplished.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Much better episode last night.

As far as T. McFarland...that's always been his personality. He is pretty high on himself a lot of times.
    He should stick to drawing and writing Spawn. He is a ridiculous illustrator, but yeah, he can act like an ass.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I thought last night's episode was ok. I think part of the reason I didn't get overly excited was that it was all about a character that I generally hate. The second Andrea decided to get the hell out of town, you knew she was going to get caught. And the second you saw her on the torture chair, you know Milton is going to step in and stop it. I'm excited to see how the next two episodes pan out.
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    mca47 wrote:
    I thought last night's episode was ok. I think part of the reason I didn't get overly excited was that it was all about a character that I generally hate. The second Andrea decided to get the hell out of town, you knew she was going to get caught. And the second you saw her on the torture chair, you know Milton is going to step in and stop it. I'm excited to see how the next two episodes pan out.
    This.

But, the biggest disappointment for me was no Daryl on last night's episode. :(
    I lost a bet...
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mca47 wrote:
    This.

But, the biggest disappointment for me was no Daryl on last night's episode. :(
    :fp: :lol: :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    least favorite episode of the season so far...especially when all week long on Twitter, Glen Mazzara (showrunner) was telling everybody to be prepared for the best, scariest episode yet!

What really irked me was when Andrea, who had survived months & months with Michonne, alone in the woods, was able to be caught totally unawares so easily. She didn't hear him coming up behind her? :lol: I know, I know, suspension of disbelief & all that, but still...didn't like it
    aqo2t.jpg
    pjradio wrote:
    least favorite episode of the season so far...especially when all week long on Twitter, Glen Mazzara (showrunner) was telling everybody to be prepared for the best, scariest episode yet!

What really irked me was when Andrea, who had survived months & months with Michonne, alone in the woods, was able to be caught totally unawares so easily. She didn't hear him coming up behind her? :lol: I know, I know, suspension of disbelief & all that, but still...didn't like it
    Yeah, i was pretty amazed at how easy it was for the Gov to find her. She isn't the sneakiest of people! :lol:
    "I'm just going to walk down the middle of this road...crap there he is *hides behind tree*. Now I'm going to walk in the middle of this field where nobody can see me." :fp: :lol:
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    mca47 wrote:
    pjradio wrote:

Yeah, i was pretty amazed at how easy it was for the Gov to find her. She isn't the sneakiest of people! :lol:
    "I'm just going to walk down the middle of this road...crap there he is *hides behind tree*. Now I'm going to walk in the middle of this field where nobody can see me." :fp: :lol:

Ha! My thoughts exactly. When she left Woodbury I thought "don't run down the middle of the road you idiot!" Then she goes out in the middle of the field, although granted, that is probably safer in regards to walkers as she can see better than in a woods. But the big question: Why in the hell did she not take the Governor's truck when she left the warehouse? Even assuming that he had the key, surely they would have learned how to hotwire cars in the year since the ZA started.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
    why not take car....always seems to be a bunch of them along the road........

and for the record.....you'll notice that when the woodbury people head out on a mission, the are rollin in big 4x4's with zombie catchers on the front of them. ;)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    mca47 wrote:
    pjradio wrote:

Ha! My thoughts exactly. When she left Woodbury I thought "don't run down the middle of the road you idiot!" Then she goes out in the middle of the field, although granted, that is probably safer in regards to walkers as she can see better than in a woods. But the big question: Why in the hell did she not take the Governor's truck when she left the warehouse? Even assuming that he had the key, surely they would have learned how to hotwire cars in the year since the ZA started.

Yeah, it seems at this point, I wouldn't even be overly concerned with the zombies. I mean, as long as you're not cornered or surprised, at nice steady walking pace is more than enough to "out run" them.
    81 wrote:

and for the record.....you'll notice that when the woodbury people head out on a mission, the are rollin in big 4x4's with zombie catchers on the front of them. ;)
    And isn't Woodbury on the verge of collapse? :lol:

Gas mileage man....gas mileage! :D
    81 wrote:

I guess the people of Woodbury are not as concerned with the environment as the group at the prison. :D
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
    81 wrote:

I guess the people of Woodbury are not as concerned with the environment as the group at the prison. :D
    Yeah, I suppose the world as mostly zombies...the greenhouse gas emissions have probably gone waaaaaay down! It's amazing how natures works that stuff out! :lol:
    and i'd have the nerd working on a biodiesel plant.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    and i'd have the nerd working on a biodiesel plant.

from Zombie poop? Or maybe Zombie bodies?
  • pjradio wrote:

she was exhausted physically and mentally I'm guessing. easy to be caught at that point.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • mca47 wrote:
    pjradio wrote:

running through the woods would have meant almost certain death. on the road, she can see the zombies coming. in the woods, not so much, as "tree hugger zombie" and "hippie girl zombies" showed.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    "Oh no, zombies are coming!"
    *Walks away*

I think it would be far scarier if the zombies were faster.
  • mca47 wrote:
    "Oh no, zombies are coming!"
    *Walks away*

I think it would be far scarier if the zombies were faster.

:lol:

they are kind of like Jason Vorhees. You never see them running but they always catch up to you somehow!!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • one thing that sort of bothered me was that the hitchhiker from a few episodes ago managed to survive, seemingly on his own, for over a year, and just because he can't catch a ride with rick he gets eaten? so he was ok for a year and then just got gobbled out of nowhere?

but I did love the scene how they went back for his backpack. talk about dark humour.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    one thing that sort of bothered me was that the hitchhiker from a few episodes ago managed to survive, seemingly on his own, for over a year, and just because he can't catch a ride with rick he gets eaten? so he was ok for a year and then just got gobbled out of nowhere?

but I did love the scene how they went back for his backpack. talk about dark humour.

The hitchhiker could have been part of a group in a safe place that ran out of food or was over run by a herd, or he was in a safe secluded place until he ran out of food or other necessities. Or he might have been expelled from a group in a safe place.
    one thing that sort of bothered me was that the hitchhiker from a few episodes ago managed to survive, seemingly on his own, for over a year, and just because he can't catch a ride with rick he gets eaten? so he was ok for a year and then just got gobbled out of nowhere?

The hitchhiker could have been part of a group in a safe place that ran out of food or was over run by a herd, or he was in a safe secluded place until he ran out of food or other necessities. Or he might have been expelled from a group in a safe place.

That's kind of what I assumed. You probably can't go solo in a zombie apocalypse world for too long. But yeah, I don't see any reason why he would have gotten caught by the zombies unless he stopped for a bit and fell asleep. When we saw him, he appeared to have enough energy to keep walking.
    Bad time to take a nap! :lol:
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    rival. wrote:
    andrea is screwed. her only hope is milton.

I dunno about that.

I think Tyrese, might see her locked up in that room and try and save her or something. I think that's when he finally "turns" on the governor.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    rival. wrote:

I dunno about that.

I think Tyrese, might see her locked up in that room and try and save her or something. I think that's when he finally "turns" on the governor.

sounds good to me
    aqo2t.jpg
  • rival. wrote:

I dunno about that.

I think Tyrese is hip to Andrea's jive already. and how did I miss that whatshername is Tyrese's sister? I thought that was his wife!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    rival. wrote:

I dunno about that.

I think Tyrese is hip to Andrea's jive already. and how did I miss that whatshername is Tyrese's sister? I thought that was his wife!

Me too - wife or girlfriend. I was shocked when I heard they were sister and brother. Although looking back they acted more like brother/sister than husband/wife.
  • Me too - wife or girlfriend. I was shocked when I heard they were sister and brother. Although looking back they acted more like brother/sister than husband/wife.

I assumed they were married for a while! :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    Andrea is just an annoying character. There are so many good characters that are getting no love out of this season. That chase scene after she bolted Woodbury was laughable. Somehow the governor was hot on her tail after she ran through the woods? She runs out into an open field?! She stabs multiple Walkers through the skull with a tiny blade?! ....Please.

I welcomed the return of multiple zombies from dark corridors. That scene in the warehouse was pretty intense even though we all knew they would both get out alive.

Throughout these episodes I keep wondering why anyone is actually respecting the governor's authority. What kind of poison pill does this guy hold over these people? I don't understand how that "city" with so much available firepower isn't pure anarchy.

I'm encouraged by the possibility of some action in the coming episodes.
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013