THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    stickfig13 wrote:
    They should call it The Sitting Dead

The Sitting "We have has multiple opportunities to kill our enemies" Dead

no kidding...if you know going in, their is going to be a war...rick pops the governer....and then it's two on one on the thug.

i'd also like to point out that the .gov crew rolls around in a big suv, not some mamby pamby two wheel drive crossover.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    stickfig13 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    this whole war thing is getting silly.

:fp:

just load up the the shit choice vehicles and head to the next prison...or back to rick's town and help out the crazy black man.

I've been saying this since this half of the season started. I don't understand why they don't just leave. Why does either side care about the other? I understand the Governor's vendetta on certain members of the prison group, but come on...Get on with it already! They have been talking about a war for 3 episodes. Just get on with it!

Someone mentioned this show was better when they were on the run. I agreed 100%. At least you could look forward to the unexpected zombie attack and action.

Yeah, there is really no reason why they need, or think they need to stay at the prison. Yes, you can lock yourself in and zombies can't get you but it's not a long-term solution. Long term is basically what they had at Hershel's farm. Find a farm...preferably one not near giant cities like Atlanta. Build a perimeter, grow crops...protect the land from zombies, looters and Governors. :lol:
    I mean, the prison...which Rick thinks is so important...has zombies IN IT. Granted, they can't get to where they are living....but they are there. THere is also a giant-ass hole in the wall where Tyrese and gang just strolled in, the outter fence doesn't do much. Gather supplies and get the fuck out of town.
    81 wrote:

i'd also like to point out that the .gov crew rolls around in a big suv, not some mamby pamby two wheel drive crossover.

Yes, but Rick's group does have a Dodge Ram.
    Then again, doesn't Woodbury have a national guard/military Humvee? :fp: :lol:

What about Daryl's hog? :lol:
  • stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    81 wrote:
    stickfig13 wrote:
    They should call it The Sitting Dead

The Sitting "We have has multiple opportunities to kill our enemies" Dead

no kidding...if you know going in, their is going to be a war...rick pops the governer....and then it's two on one on the thug.

I thought the gun duct taped to the table was supposed to be some sort of foreshadow for the episode. Turns out to be nothing. Lame.
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    mca47 wrote:
    stickfig13 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    this whole war thing is getting silly.

:fp:

just load up the the shit choice vehicles and head to the next prison...or back to rick's town and help out the crazy black man.

I've been saying this since this half of the season started. I don't understand why they don't just leave. Why does either side care about the other? I understand the Governor's vendetta on certain members of the prison group, but come on...Get on with it already! They have been talking about a war for 3 episodes. Just get on with it!

Someone mentioned this show was better when they were on the run. I agreed 100%. At least you could look forward to the unexpected zombie attack and action.

Yeah, there is really no reason why they need, or think they need to stay at the prison. Yes, you can lock yourself in and zombies can't get you but it's not a long-term solution. Long term is basically what they had at Hershel's farm. Find a farm...preferably one not near giant cities like Atlanta. Build a perimeter, grow crops...protect the land from zombies, looters and Governors. :lol:
    I mean, the prison...which Rick thinks is so important...has zombies IN IT. Granted, they can't get to where they are living....but they are there. THere is also a giant-ass hole in the wall where Tyrese and gang just strolled in, the outter fence doesn't do much. Gather supplies and get the fuck out of town.

Heck, why not go back to Hershel's farm? It's several months later, chances are the zombies have moved on. Rebuild fences, plant crops, and live happily ever after.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • stickfig13 wrote:
    I thought the gun duct taped to the table was supposed to be some sort of foreshadow for the episode. Turns out to be nothing. Lame.

how is that lame? you want everything in the show to be spelled out for you? or would you prefer some suspense added? it shows the viewer that, regardless if the Gov uses it or not, he's not to be trusted, no matter how charming he seemed in the beginning of the episode. and you worry for Rick's safety.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • 81 wrote:
    all this fighting still makes no sense. you are in zombie world now. work together, or leave each alone.

we're well past wtf, surval status....start rebuilding society. i just don't get it. we're dealing with pretty normal people pre zombie.

head down to your local lowes/hd and get yourself some fence building supplies,...go find yourself some remote land...and build a fence. patrol it 24/7 and kill off zombies...as more people join your group, expand the fence line.

or does that make too much sense. :lol:

of course it doesn't make sense. why? because the Gov is a sociopath! and it's only been a year since this all went down in their world. they don't know who they can trust, or what else is possibly out there.

I'm pretty sure lowes would be picked clean.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014

Heck, why not go back to Hershel's farm? It's several months later, chances are the zombies have moved on. Rebuild fences, plant crops, and live happily ever after.
    Yeah, I like the idea of a farm away from giant cities though. You gotta figure a pack will leave the city from time to time....catch wind and come walking up.
  • up until they met up with Morgan, they didn't have enough ammunition to even CONSIDER moving on anywhere else. Yes, the zombies are still a threat, which is why they aren't going anywhere. They have no idea how many of them are out there.

how much fuel do you think they have to just go on a drive about to find another place to live that isn't already taken over by someone, maybe someone crazy like a fox (another rick) or someone crazy like the governor. they use their vehicles for supply runs and that's it. other than that, they are pretty much bound to the prison until Exxon is back up and running.

are you going to be the one who's carrying that bullhorn zombie attractor baby of Rick's? I wouldn't. Hershel's on one leg, can't move too fast on foot, plus how are they going to carry any food anywhere?

come on, people, it's a zombie apocalypse. you people are making it sound like a bit or rain hit the area and they need to move to a hotel for a few weeks.

this show is masterful at building suspense. there is going to be massive shit going down by season's end, I can assure you. if all you want is brainless action all season, maybe this show isn't for you.

remember when everyone was bitching and complaining about them staying at the farm and how "boring" it was? and then what happened? Dale got torn to shreds by Carl's zombie friend. Rick killed Shane, Shane reanimated and then Carl shot him. Michonne showed up with her zombie pets and saved Andrea. Half of Hershel's family got eaten. Just wait people. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised in the next two episodes.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    mca47 wrote:

Yeah, I like the idea of a farm away from giant cities though. You gotta figure a pack will leave the city from time to time....catch wind and come walking up.

Ummm main reason they can't go back to the farm is it burned down to the ground, lol.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    stickfig13 wrote:

how is that lame? you want everything in the show to be spelled out for you? or would you prefer some suspense added? it shows the viewer that, regardless if the Gov uses it or not, he's not to be trusted, no matter how charming he seemed in the beginning of the episode. and you worry for Rick's safety.

Come on. We all know they aren't going to kill Rick off.

I guess I'm just bitter because they seemed to have totally written out the zombie apocalypse story line. They are trying to develop characters that nobody cares about. The story line is weak. Something major is about to happen. I hope for the sake of the show it's finally what we have been waiting for.
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
    up until they met up with Morgan, they didn't have enough ammunition to even CONSIDER moving on anywhere else. Yes, the zombies are still a threat, which is why they aren't going anywhere. They have no idea how many of them are out there.

how much fuel do you think they have to just go on a drive about to find another place to live that isn't already taken over by someone, maybe someone crazy like a fox (another rick) or someone crazy like the governor. they use their vehicles for supply runs and that's it. other than that, they are pretty much bound to the prison until Exxon is back up and running.

are you going to be the one who's carrying that bullhorn zombie attractor baby of Rick's? I wouldn't. Hershel's on one leg, can't move too fast on foot, plus how are they going to carry any food anywhere?

come on, people, it's a zombie apocalypse. you people are making it sound like a bit or rain hit the area and they need to move to a hotel for a few weeks.

this show is masterful at building suspense. there is going to be massive shit going down by season's end, I can assure you. if all you want is brainless action all season, maybe this show isn't for you.

remember when everyone was bitching and complaining about them staying at the farm and how "boring" it was? and then what happened? Dale got torn to shreds by Carl's zombie friend. Rick killed Shane, Shane reanimated and then Carl shot him. Michonne showed up with her zombie pets and saved Andrea. Half of Hershel's family got eaten. Just wait people. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised in the next two episodes.
    I'm not complaining about the show. I just think staying in the prison...where food WILL run out eventually is a bad idea. The prison food can keep them alive for so long and they've scavenged all they can. THat and you have a nutbag neighbor who wants you and your crew dead.
    Hit the road while you have gas and while the gas is still good and while you still have food. Resources are going to run out might as well move while everyone can.
    Sure, you can run into another Governor but the odds of anyone being so crazy that they keep heads in an aquarium is probably pretty low. :lol:
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    up until they met up with Morgan, they didn't have enough ammunition to even CONSIDER moving on anywhere else. Yes, the zombies are still a threat, which is why they aren't going anywhere. They have no idea how many of them are out there.

This right here! They spent all winter wandering around and found nothing, except the prison. The prison has plenty of yard to grow crops, has a stream running near by. Once the governor is taken care of they can take care of the zombies. They started in a camp away from everything, not having fires, trying their hardest to avoid zombies and they still found them. The zombies are everywhere, the prison can be made into something safe but they cant build a perfect place over night, and not with the governor hanging around.

And without a clear plan of where to go they are needlessly risking their lives. Granted it would make for a more action packed show, but this is a story about survival and sometimes survival takes foresight and thought. How close until winter? the baby cant eat cooked rabbit and fried fish yet so they have to stay near towns for baby food, and that is a dangerous place to be, the prison is safer than a log cabin, zombies wont come crashing through the windows or anything. So if you have to risk being near a zombie population for the babies sake might as well try to be as fortified as possible. Maybe if Judith wasnt born yet and Hershel had both legs they might have skipped town already. Zombies and a completely healthy group vs the shape they are in vs the Governor, too very different options open up in those cases.

Or maybe they are just tired of running and have planted their flag in this soil.

Some really good points
  • stickfig13 wrote:

Come on. We all know they aren't going to kill Rick off.

I guess I'm just bitter because they seemed to have totally written out the zombie apocalypse story line. They are trying to develop characters that nobody cares about. The story line is weak. Something major is about to happen. I hope for the sake of the show it's finally what we have been waiting for.

of course we know he isn't going to kill Rick at this point. But you didn't think there was a possibility of a gun fight breaking out between the two of them and SOMEONE dying? and it WAS foreshadowing something. Just not what you thought. It was foreshadowing that the Gov is going to kill them no matter what. That's what I love about this show.

I personally don't find the storyline weak at all. I love every direction it's gone so far. when they are on the run, they are all a tight group. when they settle, shit within the group starts to deteriorate. I love both scenarios.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    So, keeping to the zombies as a secondary item now...
    Has anyone else noticed that when a pack of zombies comes around the corner now, it's not "holy fuck!" anymore? its more "Ugh, I guess we should take care of this..." *whack*
  • mca47 wrote:
    So, keeping to the zombies as a secondary item now...
    Has anyone else noticed that when a pack of zombies comes around the corner now, it's not "holy fuck!" anymore? its more "Ugh, I guess we should take care of this..." *whack*

because they are confident now that they can deal with it.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    i feel like a lot of time passed between last episode and the one before it. glenn's eye went from completely black and blue to practically 100% (anyone else notice that?). almost as if it took weeks to orchestrate the meeting between rick and the governor through andrea.

and was daryl rocking the new crossbow that they snagged from morgan's? black and white camo, looked pretty sick!
  • and anyone who thought this episode was inconsequential or "boring", think about the purpose of this episode. the main thing this episode was focusing on was not the Gov and Rick. It was the people outside. The "henchmen". This is forshadowing the Governor's downfall. His mistake was allowing his people to communicate in a non-hostile environment with Rick's people. They started to connect on a human level; sharing stories of loved ones, experiences, etc. This is what is going to keep the Gov from slaughtering Rick and the prison folk. We already saw it in the preview for next week. Milton disagrees with Gov going in and killing them for no reason, so he's turned on him. Jose probably won't shoot Daryl when he has the opportunity, and might even lead a rebellion against the Gov.

My guess is Milton is going to die for going against the Gov, but Gov is also going to die or at the very least be defeated before the season is out. Who he takes with him remains to be seen.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • rival. wrote:
    i feel like a lot of time passed between last episode and the one before it. glenn's eye went from completely black and blue to practically 100% (anyone else notice that?). almost as if it took weeks to orchestrate the meeting between rick and the governor through andrea.

and was daryl rocking the new crossbow that they snagged from morgan's? black and white camo, looked pretty sick!

one thing about this show is, besides the changing of the seasons, we have no idea how much time has passed between episodes. at least that's my take.

yeah, on the "inside the dead" on Talking Dead, they showed that the actor who plays daryl wanted a dog this season, they said no, but gave him a new crossbow instead!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    and anyone who thought this episode was inconsequential or "boring", think about the purpose of this episode. the main thing this episode was focusing on was not the Gov and Rick. It was the people outside. The "henchmen". This is forshadowing the Governor's downfall. His mistake was allowing his people to communicate in a non-hostile environment with Rick's people. They started to connect on a human level; sharing stories of loved ones, experiences, etc. This is what is going to keep the Gov from slaughtering Rick and the prison folk. We already saw it in the preview for next week. Milton disagrees with Gov going in and killing them for no reason, so he's turned on him. Jose probably won't shoot Daryl when he has the opportunity, and might even lead a rebellion against the Gov.

My guess is Milton is going to die for going against the Gov, but Gov is also going to die or at the very least be defeated before the season is out. Who he takes with him remains to be seen.

agree with all of this, well said.

i think there is more to milton than we know, but i don't see him getting killed off that easily. while i totally agree he will turn against the govenor (maybe eventually join rick's group with jose as you said), i think he has some information. his studies, his journal recordings and logs. these nerdy science, back office lab guys are just as valuable as your henchmen. while it would be putting the carriage before the horse, milton's studies could eventually lead to a cure...
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    and anyone who thought this episode was inconsequential or "boring", think about the purpose of this episode. the main thing this episode was focusing on was not the Gov and Rick. It was the people outside. The "henchmen". This is forshadowing the Governor's downfall. His mistake was allowing his people to communicate in a non-hostile environment with Rick's people. They started to connect on a human level; sharing stories of loved ones, experiences, etc. This is what is going to keep the Gov from slaughtering Rick and the prison folk. We already saw it in the preview for next week. Milton disagrees with Gov going in and killing them for no reason, so he's turned on him. Jose probably won't shoot Daryl when he has the opportunity, and might even lead a rebellion against the Gov.

Agreed... I think that the governor is going to be killed by his own people. Between the connection of the "henchmen", Andrea playing both sides, and even the presence of Tyreese in Woodbury, the people who the Governor relies on the most, aren't as blood thirsty as he is.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln

I hate the whole story line...The whole Woodbury thing has stalled the show IMO.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    It's not good news for this series when they keep turning over writers season after season.

G. Mazzara left in December, and they have a new showrunner for season 4.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • It's not good news for this series when they keep turning over writers season after season.

G. Mazzara left in December, and they have a new showrunner for season 4.

hasn't hurt it so far, in my opinion. I still love it.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • stickfig13 wrote:

I hate the whole story line...The whole Woodbury thing has stalled the show IMO.

I get that. it all depends what elements of the show caught you in the first place. I love both the action and the suspense/drama and human elements of it. not everyone does.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    stickfig13 wrote:

I love both the action and the suspense/drama and human elements of it

Have they had any of that in this season? Lots of boring/predicatable human element combined with very little suspense/ action.

I hate to be such a hater because I love this show.....It just isn't working for me right now
  • stickfig13 wrote:
    Have they had any of that in this season?

I think they have. But clearly you aren't in the minority thinking this.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    stickfig13 wrote:

I like your optimism. I hope the last 3 episodes kick ass! :corn:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    stickfig13 wrote:
    stickfig13 wrote:

I like your optimism. I hope the last 3 episodes kick ass! :corn:

i'm with stick. all these feb/march episodes have for the most part been very dissapointing.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg