THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    "When it cuts to black at the end of season three, there will be millions of mouths agape"

Dallas Roberts tells Entertainment Tonight about the Season 3 finale.

Does this apply to those that also read the comics?
    I'm guessing no.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Watching last week's epi again. Still can't get over the hiker/hitch hiker thing.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
    I was waiting for Jason Voorhees to walk in on Glenn and Maggie when they were getting down and dirty on the concrete.
  • I was waiting for Jason Voorhees to walk in on Glenn and Maggie when they were getting down and dirty on the concrete.

I was thinking Maggie was going to get a bullet to the temple in mid kiss. that would have been awesome.

I think we have a new candidate for best zombie kill with that baseball bat splat and peel. that was KILLER.

Rick is not going to give up Michonne. He knows if he does that he's no better than the Guvnah. Bets on which main character dies at the end of this season, assuming one does?

My bet's on Andrea.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Good ep!
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    I was thinking Maggie was going to get a bullet to the temple in mid kiss. that would have been awesome.

I was expecting the same thing, not sure about awesome cause i kinda like that character, and Glen would have turned into Rick jr
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Another good one.
    I'm thinking herschel is not going to make it out :(
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    Another good one.

That's my guess too, and I hate it. I think he adds a lot to the show. Last night he was awesome.

When Rick was talking to the group about defending the prison and fighting I was like "go Rick. You da man." Then he goes outside and talks to Herschel about whether to give up Michonne or not. Then I was like "Noooooooo Rick." Maybe he was just trying to talk/think it all out.

The Governor thinks he is going to turn her over. I wonder why he thinks that?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
    intodeep wrote:
    Another good one.

That's my guess too, and I hate it. I think he adds a lot to the show. Last night he was awesome.

When Rick was talking to the group about defending the prison and fighting I was like "go Rick. You da man." Then he goes outside and talks to Herschel about whether to give up Michonne or not. Then I was like "Noooooooo Rick." Maybe he was just trying to talk/think it all out.

The Governor thinks he is going to turn her over. I wonder why he thinks that?
    He doesnt think that Rick's group has accepted her and assumes Rick wants to stay away from a potentially disasterous gun battle.
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    I'm just glad that Rick realizes that the governor will try to kill them all anyway, even if he gives up Michonne.

Does Andrea kill the Governor before this season is over, or is there some sort of coup? It was interesting that Daryl/Caesar & Hershel/Milton connected a bit.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    I wonder if Andrea becomes a victim of the Gov in the season finale.
    I wonder if Andrea becomes a victim of the Gov in the season finale.

I would like it better if the Governor became a victim of Andrea. Last night on the Talking Dead they were discussing person of the group should kill the Governor - who had the best motive for revenge, i.e. Maggie, Michonne, etc. I think the best scenario is Andrea killing him.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    this whole war thing is getting silly.

:fp:

just load up the the shit choice vehicles and head to the next prison...or back to rick's town and help out the crazy black man.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

just load up the the shit choice vehicles and head to the next prison...or back to rick's town and help out the crazy black man.

What I've noticed lately, is how pointless the zombies have become. The characters (and in turn the viewers) have no fear of them.

I'd welcome the group being chased out of the prison and being on the run again.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    81 wrote:

What I've noticed lately, is how pointless the zombies have become. The characters (and in turn the viewers) have no fear of them.

I'd welcome the group being chased out of the prison and being on the run again.
    Well the zombies have always been a side show. The main focus of the show is really the inner turmoil between humans inside the zombie outbreak apocalypse.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I'm not happy the season final is on the same time as Game of Thrones premier. Thank goodness I have DVR
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    I'm not happy the season final is on the same time as Game of Thrones premier. Thank goodness I have DVR
    Yeah that does suck. Guess I'll have to do On Demand the following day.
    81 wrote:

Well the zombies have always been a side show. The main focus of the show is really the inner turmoil between humans inside the zombie outbreak apocalypse.

I know, but at least there was the fear... in Atlanta, attack on camp & farm, etc.... But now, even the zombie bomb seemed to be more of an annoyance than a danger.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    I wonder what happened to the Walker hordes. Are they dying off? Or just left the area?
    Wouldn't zombies eventually decompose and fall apart?
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Wouldn't zombies eventually decompose and fall apart?

I think so. but I think it may have been explained a long time ago that since they are so slow and mainly docile, they don't use much energy therefore it takes longer for them to whither up and "die".
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    81 wrote:

It is bound to happen anyway, and why Rick doesnt see it seems strange. A battle at the prison would likely weaken the prison, so even if Rick wins the prison would probably be no safer than any other building unless they do a bunch repair work....
    all this fighting still makes no sense. you are in zombie world now. work together, or leave each alone.

we're well past wtf, surval status....start rebuilding society. i just don't get it. we're dealing with pretty normal people pre zombie.

head down to your local lowes/hd and get yourself some fence building supplies,...go find yourself some remote land...and build a fence. patrol it 24/7 and kill off zombies...as more people join your group, expand the fence line.

or does that make too much sense. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    81 wrote:
    head down to your local lowes/hd and get yourself some fence building supplies,...go find yourself some remote land...and build a fence. patrol it 24/7 and kill off zombies...as more people join your group, expand the fence line.

or does that make too much sense. :lol:

sounds like sim city to me. what happens during the occasional bowser attack?

for better or for worse, all of the zombie/apocalyptic shows and movies ever made always have the underlining tone that humans are the real monsters in the world. there is always going to be a battle of superiority and leadership if you try and rebuild civilzation as a group. i like the everyone for themselves mentality. trust the people in your immediate ring and survive.

the idea of this being one big dream and having rick wake up at the end of the season to the "real" apocalypse is interesting. whatever route they take, i hope there is more information in season four surrounding what is happening in the rest of the country and world. what percent of the population was knocked off? how many people are alive, etc, etc.
  • This weekend I watched every episode of the Walking Dead. I watched the first episode when it first premiered, but I hadn't watched an episode since. I didn't hate it, its just school got in the way.

But I spent many, many, many hours watching and catching up.

I LOVE IT. I regret not watching it.
    81 wrote:

EXACTLY. I thought the same thing.
    ~Carter~

You can spend your time alone, redigesting past regrets, oh
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can't forgive yourself, oh
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
    - Present Tense
  • stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    81 wrote:

I've been saying this since this half of the season started. I don't understand why they don't just leave. Why does either side care about the other? I understand the Governor's vendetta on certain members of the prison group, but come on...Get on with it already! They have been talking about a war for 3 episodes. Just get on with it!

Someone mentioned this show was better when they were on the run. I agreed 100%. At least you could look forward to the unexpected zombie attack and action.
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • stickfig13 wrote:
    81 wrote:

I've been saying this since this half of the season started. I don't understand why they don't just leave. Why does either side care about the other? I understand the Governor's vendetta on certain members of the prison group, but come on...Get on with it already! They have been talking about a war for 3 episodes. Just get on with it!

Someone mentioned this show was better when they were on the run. I agreed 100%. At least you could look forward to the unexpected zombie attack and action.

The show is definitely not as good now that they are not as afraid of the zombies.

I hope they get chased out of the prison and they are on the run again.
    ~Carter~

You can spend your time alone, redigesting past regrets, oh
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can't forgive yourself, oh
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
    - Present Tense
    They should call it The Sitting Dead
    :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532

The Sitting "We have has multiple opportunities to kill our enemies" Dead
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013