THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    mca47 wrote:
    Beth is actually 27!!!

:shock:

Well....I'll leave it at that! :lol:
    Is she the one that was singing at the end? She's 27?
    I'll sing her a tune.
    Yeah, the blond...Maggie's sister....who plays a character who is apparently 17.
    I don't feel creepy anymore! :lol:
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    :D
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7-Nv62onhc1ffispM_kRqcTnn0A7cE9P3qb6jPoA_K71XRM1wqg
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • 81 wrote:
    intodeep wrote:
    This was just an episode to move the chess pieces in place. Gotta have a few of these.

every episode since it's retstarted has been this way. :x

I disagree. It can't be all about shootouts and curb stomping zombies. this series is story based, not action based.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286

If she said "I think" one more time on Talking Dead I was turning off the damn TV.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Sprunkn7 wrote:

If she said "I think" one more time on Talking Dead I was turning off the damn TV.

yeah, for someone who is on the show, she sure didn't know a whole lot about it, nor did she offer any insight at all.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    81 wrote:
    intodeep wrote:
    This was just an episode to move the chess pieces in place. Gotta have a few of these.

every episode since it's retstarted has been this way. :x

I disagree. It can't be all about shootouts and curb stomping zombies. this series is story based, not action based.

There hasn't been much development in the story either
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • stickfig13 wrote:

-merle is back with the original group
    -andrea visited the group she hasn't seen in how long, a year?
    -glenn is turning into a super agressive war monger
    -governor is asserting is hold on andrea
    -michonne showed emotion (being hurt about andrea abandoning her)
    -rick is going nuts/laurie "returns"
    -tyrese's group was kicked out of the prison and has since "switched" sides
    -there was a shootout between both sides at the prison
    -carol is showing that she is a potential threat to her enemies (insisting andrea f*** the governor and then slice his throat)
    -hershel is showing his impatience with rick's lack of leadership
    -carl is showing that he is growing up and can take care of himself (even offering leadership advice to his own dad)
    -axel was shot dead

this has all happened in the span of the return of the show in what, 3 episodes? how is the story not progressing?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    stickfig13 wrote:

-merle is back with the original group
    -andrea visited the group she hasn't seen in how long, a year?
    -glenn is turning into a super agressive war monger
    -governor is asserting is hold on andrea
    -michonne showed emotion (being hurt about andrea abandoning her)
    -rick is going nuts/laurie "returns"
    -tyrese's group was kicked out of the prison and has since "switched" sides
    -there was a shootout between both sides at the prison
    -carol is showing that she is a potential threat to her enemies (insisting andrea f*** the governor and then slice his throat)
    -hershel is showing his impatience with rick's lack of leadership
    -carl is showing that he is growing up and can take care of himself (even offering leadership advice to his own dad)
    -axel was shot dead

this has all happened in the span of the return of the show in what, 3 episodes? how is the story not progressing?

Let me rephrase. Nothing exciting or suspenseful has happened. I guess I just hate the Woodbury story line. I understand it's part of the comic or whatever, but it's just boring. What is happening in the rest of the world? What more is there out there? I guess I liked it better when they were on the run. Just my 2 Cents
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • stickfig13 wrote:
    Let me rephrase. Nothing exciting or suspenseful has happened. I guess I just hate the Woodbury story line. I understand it's part of the comic or whatever, but it's just boring. What is happening in the rest of the world? What more is there out there? I guess I liked it better when they were on the run. Just my 2 Cents

I was thinking about that very point (what's happening in the rest of the world) last night after watching Talking Dead. They made mention of wordly goings-on when they were at the CDC, but nothing since then. I think since there's no communication system in place anymore, there's no way to know. And I kind of like, at this point, for it to be focused on the group, rather than the human race.

I don't find Woodbury boring at all. I find it fascinating, that even at the supposed victory of man (building a safe haven town and life goes on) that they still find a way to fuck it up and create more war. This has been happening since the beginning of time, and I think it's a bigger social commentary than most give it credit for. What possible motivation does the governor have to destroy other groups? NONE. They have all the supplies, the people are happy, the town is functioning. But desperate times call for leadership. Leadership calls for confidence. Confidence can breed ego which then morphes into being hungry for power. The governor wants to control it all. He's nuts with power.

I always thought that in times like these, humans would come together. But I think the show is actually a more accurate depiction of what would actually happen-more of the same. No matter how much bullshit and death surrounds us, many humans are selfish sacks of dung that can't be content to just be.

We need the next iPhone. Or the next big screen tv. Or the next Woodbury.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    stickfig13 wrote:

I was thinking about that very point (what's happening in the rest of the world) last night after watching Talking Dead. They made mention of wordly goings-on when they were at the CDC, but nothing since then. I think since there's no communication system in place anymore, there's no way to know. And I kind of like, at this point, for it to be focused on the group, rather than the human race.

I don't find Woodbury boring at all. I find it fascinating, that even at the supposed victory of man (building a safe haven town and life goes on) that they still find a way to fuck it up and create more war. This has been happening since the beginning of time, and I think it's a bigger social commentary than most give it credit for. What possible motivation does the governor have to destroy other groups? NONE. They have all the supplies, the people are happy, the town is functioning. But desperate times call for leadership. Leadership calls for confidence. Confidence can breed ego which then morphes into being hungry for power. The governor wants to control it all. He's nuts with power.

I always thought that in times like these, humans would come together. But I think the show is actually a more accurate depiction of what would actually happen-more of the same. No matter how much bullshit and death surrounds us, many humans are selfish sacks of dung that can't be content to just be.

We need the next iPhone. Or the next big screen tv. Or the next Woodbury.

I guess we just disagree. I would rather see them working toward what the hell is going on around them. I think part of the draw to the seasons past was that they were always running from something. Now they just seem to sit around and talk about what they are going to do. I'm not even sure why they don't just pack up and leave. Why are they waiting for the Gov to come and kick their ass?

Ahhh...So many questions. Hopefully we get answers. Deep down I still love this show :D
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    81 wrote:
    this show is quickly losing my interest

Mine too, especially since they can't even keep it straight as to which eye the govenor lost. When he's looking in the mirror this week, the patch is on his left eye. When he turns around it's on his right.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Heisenberg wrote:
    81 wrote:

Mine too, especially since they can't even keep it straight as to which eye the govenor lost. When he's looking in the mirror this week, the patch is on his left eye. When he turns around it's on his right.

costanza-cane-trip.gif
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    81 wrote:

costanza-cane-trip.gif

:lol:
  • Heisenberg wrote:
    81 wrote:

it only looked like it was on his left eye since he was looking in the mirror.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    Heisenberg wrote:
    81 wrote:

You sure? Look at it again. Even if it's the view from the mirror, He's putting it on one eye yet when he turns around, it's on the other eye. I looked at it 3 times because I thought I was nuts (and maybe I still am). A friend of mine has noticed Daryl's tattoo being wrong a couple times this season as well.
  • Heisenberg wrote:

You sure? Look at it again. Even if it's the view from the mirror, He's putting it on one eye yet when he turns around, it's on the other eye. I looked at it 3 times because I thought I was nuts (and maybe I still am). A friend of mine has noticed Daryl's tattoo being wrong a couple times this season as well.

I didn't notice it myself, but it was one of the emailed questions on Talking Dead after, and the host said it was hogwash. I'll have to watch it again myself.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

I thought I noticed the same thing with the patch.
    AMC announced today that the cast and crew of “The Walking Dead“ return to Atlanta, Georgia on Monday, May 6th to begin production on season four.

AMC also confirms Scott M. Gimple as showrunner and executive producer for the series’ fourth season to premiere in October with 16 episodes.
  • If anyone wants most of the comics, I can share on dropbox
    AMC announced today that the cast and crew of “The Walking Dead“ return to Atlanta, Georgia on Monday, May 6th to begin production on season four.

AMC also confirms Scott M. Gimple as showrunner and executive producer for the series’ fourth season to premiere in October with 16 episodes.

Atlanta....Interesting
  • stickfig13 wrote:

Atlanta....Interesting

I thought so too, but I checked and that's where they've been filming all along. I was thinking "awesome! back to the big city". But I doubt it.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    I thought so too, but I checked and that's where they've been filming all along. I was thinking "awesome! back to the big city". But I doubt it.

well, except for the fact that the farm was located 50-75 miles south east of atlanta
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    good reference for all of the locations in the show:

http://walkingdeadlocations.com/locations-index-2/
  • 81 wrote:

well, except for the fact that the farm was located 50-75 miles south east of atlanta

I understand that, but I thought it just meant they are returning to the Atlanta area for filming, not the city itself. I doubt they'd spoil plotlines in filming announcements.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    81 wrote:

I understand that, but I thought it just meant they are returning to the Atlanta area for filming, not the city itself. I doubt they'd spoil plotlines in filming announcements.

got it. :thumbup:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    rival. wrote:
    good reference for all of the locations in the show:

http://walkingdeadlocations.com/locations-index-2/

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=20 ... 36,0.00338

doesn't look like a prison...nor do i see guard towers. :think:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I would really doubt they'd shoot an entire season (or even most of the season) in Atlanta. The budget for that would go through the roof and for as long as it takes to shoot an episode, I can't imagine a chunk of Atlanta shutting down for an entire season.
    Yeah, they shot some scenes in ATL in season one, but most of the downtown scenes were small scale.
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    mca47 wrote:
    I would really doubt they'd shoot an entire season (or even most of the season) in Atlanta. The budget for that would go through the roof and for as long as it takes to shoot an episode, I can't imagine a chunk of Atlanta shutting down for an entire season.
    Yeah, they shot some scenes in ATL in season one, but most of the downtown scenes were small scale.

My understanding is that the whole show is shot around Atlanta. I'm not sure whether you all are specifically talking about the City of Atlanta proper or the Atlanta area as a whole. I haven't looked at this website in a while but when I did after I watched the first season I thought it was really interesting. The guy went to all of the locations, made some photos, talked to some people, etc.

http://walkingdeadlocations.com/
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,791
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 wrote:

holy shit. for a minute I couldn't figure out who was bottom left. it's CAROL!!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014