Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I was just getting ready to ask "what's up with the tea?'

Are they using it in some sort of experiment?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I thought it was already established by the scientist at the CDC, told to Rick, that everyone has the disease in them. And when they die, no matter how, they automatically turn.

Are they preserving the heads to test the brains to try and find a cure?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    it was good, not great. I like the episodes with Rick and the gang. I was hoping that we'd see them a bit this episode.

michonne's angry scowl is so over the top my wife and I were laughing every time the camera went on her!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    I thought it was already established by the scientist at the CDC, told to Rick, that everyone has the disease in them. And when they die, no matter how, they automatically turn.

Are they preserving the heads to test the brains to try and find a cure?

it kind of looked like a sick trophy room or something.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    So why did he kill the military guys? A power thing? Why else would he? I'm trying to think of other reasons. Is it because Woodbury people may NOT be infected? He knew the military guys were cuz two turned right away. He said something about "we will rise again." Maybe he is trying to keep a non-infected population alive and separated from the others. Any ideas?

pretty sure for the supplies. there's really no other reason for him to seek them out the way they did.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    So why did he kill the military guys? A power thing? Why else would he? I'm trying to think of other reasons. Is it because Woodbury people may NOT be infected? He knew the military guys were cuz two turned right away. He said something about "we will rise again." Maybe he is trying to keep a non-infected population alive and separated from the others. Any ideas?

pretty sure for the supplies. there's really no other reason for him to seek them out the way they did.
    Yep, supplies and to eliminate another outside threat to Woodbury.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    ok time to watch again :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684

very nice thought about the non-infected village

although andrea and machete would have to die

was that the pilots head at the end?

machete? :lol: it's michante ;)

Another solid episode. I'm guessing the goverener didn't trust the military? :? Good to see merle back although he's still a dick.

The governor wants to stay in charge of the town, and military personnel who might have their own plans about what people should do threatened that.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,029
    Overall good episode. I'm glad they are venturing out to new/other characters. I was getting a little bored with the same characters. Introducing us up to a whole new town/people opens up so many new possiblities
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    Overall good episode. I'm glad they are venturing out to new/other characters. I was getting a little bored with the same characters. Introducing us up to a whole new town/people opens up so many new possiblities

bingo...they can go so many ways with this...... hope this series is on 10 years
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346

Good thought...we wondered why they killed them too!

And whats with all the talk about Darryl? Is he special or something?
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    silver39 wrote:

Good thought...we wondered why they killed them too!

And whats with all the talk about Darryl? Is he special or something?

its his brother asking :?:
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    thought it was a good episode too. flippin creepy.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056

michonne's angry scowl is so over the top my wife and I were laughing every time the camera went on her!
    :lol:
    no shit... It was like watching an SNL skit. she's a caricature. That's all she did the whole episode! Every time someone said something, she'd turn all dramatically and give them the sideways scowl :lol:

I know I come to this thread bitching about stupid shit every week....this week is no different.
    You can't tell me Merle and a bunch of yokels could sneak up that close to a group of heavily armed, trained military dudes, some of whom (if I remember correctly) were perched up on trucks, in knee-high grass, without anyone seeing them.
  • Options
    cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Waiting for next year... Posts: 3,365
    . hope this series is on 10 years

+1 million! :thumbup: :mrgreen::lol:
    I lost a bet...
  • Options
    cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Waiting for next year... Posts: 3,365

I know I come to this thread bitching about stupid shit every week....this week is no different.
    You can't tell me Merle and a bunch of yokels could sneak up that close to a group of heavily armed, trained military dudes, some of whom (if I remember correctly) were perched up on trucks, in knee-high grass, without anyone seeing them.

I was thinking the same thing. I had a hard time believing that the ragtag Governor's group could sneak up on the military guys like that.
    I lost a bet...
  • Options

:lol:
    no shit... It was like watching an SNL skit. she's a caricature. That's all she did the whole episode! Every time someone said something, she'd turn all dramatically and give them the sideways scowl :lol:

Merle and the bunch are well-rested, healthy, etc after living in a regular walker-free environment for months. The army guys were not. Big difference.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    i think its possible to sneak up on them...they havent been living comfy for quite awhile
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,267

Merle and the bunch are well-rested, healthy, etc after living in a regular walker-free environment for months. The army guys were not. Big difference.
    Well rested or not, they are trained soldiers. To say that one of the many on watch didn't see anything suspicious in their surroundings...not so sure I buy that. Keep in mind, to be that perfectly surrounded by that many people would have taken some pretty in depth planning. They'd have to know the area perfectly then deploy a perfect strategy to be completely covert in order to get into position.

Either way, the show has a ton of "Wait a minute..." moments in it, but it's still fun to watch! The previews for next week look great!
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    Thanks for answering the question re. whose head that was _ I didn't recognize it as the pilot. Although I should have seen that coming, because when The Governor et al came back from slaughtering the soldiers, he stood on the back of the truck and said something about the pilot "clinging to life." And when we last saw the pilot, he was looking pretty good, all things considered.

RIP pilot. :(

As for the tea, I'm not sure we've thoroughly discussed it. The Governor drank the tea when he was in the morgue/lab with the squirrelly scientist. And then The Governor and the squirrelly scientist both drank (or faked drinking) it at breakfast with Andrea and Michonne.

Maybe it's got some benefit?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    watched again...the nationall guard was surronded by alot of forrest.....i thin the gov gave the distraction needed to get in position
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,284
    Thanks for answering the question re. whose head that was _ I didn't recognize it as the pilot. Although I should have seen that coming, because when The Governor et al came back from slaughtering the soldiers, he stood on the back of the truck and said something about the pilot "clinging to life." And when we last saw the pilot, he was looking pretty good, all things considered.

RIP pilot. :(

As for the tea, I'm not sure we've thoroughly discussed it. The Governor drank the tea when he was in the morgue/lab with the squirrelly scientist. And then The Governor and the squirrelly scientist both drank (or faked drinking) it at breakfast with Andrea and Michonne.

Maybe it's got some benefit?

it didn/t click to me that the head in the container was the pilot's either until i saw the Talking Dead. Anyone else still watch that as well?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

it didn/t click to me that the head in the container was the pilot's either until i saw the Talking Dead. Anyone else still watch that as well?

PVR'd it. will watch tonight.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options

When you watch that last scene, see if you think the heads are actually alive. I thought there was one that looked like it was gasping, like a fish out of water.

:shock:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options

When you watch that last scene, see if you think the heads are actually alive. I thought there was one that looked like it was gasping, like a fish out of water.

watched the show last night. I was referring to Talking Dead. And no, I didn't see one that looked like it was gasping!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options

watched the show last night. I was referring to Talking Dead. And no, I didn't see one that looked like it was gasping!

I want to say it was maybe the second or third row as they panned up, toward the center as I recall.

And Michonne's pets were there, too.

I feel bad about the pilot...
  • Options
    they were alive
  • Options
    they were alive

actually, now that you say that, that makes sense. if everyone turns when they die, and one could surmise that zombies can't drown, then I suppose they were "alive".
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    they were alive

actually, now that you say that, that makes sense. if everyone turns when they die, and one could surmise that zombies can't drown, then I suppose they were "alive".
    HZTV
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    HZTV

?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014