Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Yarden wrote:
    what about Carol and Daryl? they bonded over the Sophia thing but i didn't expect them to get together..
    is there something going on there? that would be weird..

she has had the hots for him for along time.

and lets be honest....living in a zombie world, you'd want to get as much as you could...never know when it's going to be your last day.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    81 wrote:
    Yarden wrote:
    what about Carol and Daryl? they bonded over the Sophia thing but i didn't expect them to get together..

she has had the hots for him for along time.

and lets be honest....living in a zombie world, you'd want to get as much as you could...never know when it's going to be your last day.

He should go for Beth... or maybe Carl already has her in the bag :lol:
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    Yarden wrote:

Why does everybody think that is weird? (not just you, lots of comments on TWD forum)

i guess it's mostly the age difference (although i'm not sure if she's that much older..) and it would seem like the only thing bringing them together is the apocalypse and loneliness and in the pre-zombie world they probably wouldn't have much of a connection.. Glenn and Maggie, for instance, don't seem that weird to me..
    but i guess in a zombie infested world this is not that strange..
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Yarden wrote:
    Yarden wrote:

Why does everybody think that is weird? (not just you, lots of comments on TWD forum)

i guess it's mostly the age difference (although i'm not sure if she's that much older..) and it would seem like the only thing bringing them together is the apocalypse and loneliness and in the pre-zombie world they probably wouldn't have much of a connection.. Glenn and Maggie, for instance, don't seem that weird to me..
    but i guess in a zombie infested world this is not that strange..

I admit at first it seems like an odd pairing. Carol seems to be "older" but I'm not sure about that. Sophia was only 12. If Carol colored her hair and let it grow a bit, and wore clothes like Lori she would exhibit a totally different persona. And the show may be going that way. After all, pre-zombie she was married to a gross guy that physically and emotionally abused her. So now she is coming out of her shell, and getting some self confidence. Daryl had a troubled childhood and we have no idea if he had any past relationships or not. So I'm guessing that Carol is 40ish and Daryl 30ish or early to mid 30's. 10 years isn't that big a deal, especially in a post apocalyptic world where there are few people.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    and.....why did they waste all that ammo when they could have just kept calling the zombies to the fence and stickin them?
    and....after watching zombieland last night and seeing how casual they are about killing zombies in that show (where zombies can run a lot faster, climb fences etc).....I couldnt help but wonder....in the jail....why did they all turn and run from a group of like five zombies (resulting in the group getting split and Hershel getting bit?) They went thru a giant crowd of zombies in riot gear, but run from a couple stragglers in the hall? hmmm
    One more....why are they making a 70 year old, their only doctor, be on the front line? You'd think Rick would want to protect him at least until the (zombie?) kid is born.

thats bad for the baby ( losing Hersch) ...well its bad for all

i think their were alot more than 5 walkers in the hallway ....it seemed to me to be alot

cause when they ran ..another group appeared from a different hallway ( thats how maggie and glen got cut off )
    I don't think that they actually lost Herschel. Rick said something about saving him before he cut off his leg (or it might have been afterwards). I'm thinking that amputating the portion where he was bit quickly afterwards might stop the fever from happening.
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Was talking to a buddy at work today and he came up with a crazy scenario. What if this is all a dream? Could Rick' actually be making all this up in his mind while in a Coma? It Doesn't sound so far fetched if you actually think about it.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    and.....why did they waste all that ammo when they could have just kept calling the zombies to the fence and stickin them?
    and....after watching zombieland last night and seeing how casual they are about killing zombies in that show (where zombies can run a lot faster, climb fences etc).....I couldnt help but wonder....in the jail....why did they all turn and run from a group of like five zombies (resulting in the group getting split and Hershel getting bit?) They went thru a giant crowd of zombies in riot gear, but run from a couple stragglers in the hall? hmmm
    One more....why are they making a 70 year old, their only doctor, be on the front line? You'd think Rick would want to protect him at least until the (zombie?) kid is born.

thats bad for the baby ( losing Hersch) ...well its bad for all

i think their were alot more than 5 walkers in the hallway ....it seemed to me to be alot

cause when they ran ..another group appeared from a different hallway ( thats how maggie and glen got cut off )
    I don't think that they actually lost Herschel. Rick said something about saving him before he cut off his leg (or it might have been afterwards). I'm thinking that amputating the portion where he was bit quickly afterwards might stop the fever from happening.

nah hersch is a goner..saw to much in the previews....
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Was talking to a buddy at work today and he came up with a crazy scenario. What if this is all a dream? Could Rick' actually be making all this up in his mind while in a Coma? It Doesn't sound so far fetched if you actually think about it.

if that's what ends up happening, I'll be fucking mad. tha'ts always an easy out with dramas.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    i know, suspend reality, but damn...they do stupid shit.

as for the helmet zombies...does it really take a rocket scientest to go...geeze, i need to stab up and under the helmet :fp:

my wife and I were laughing like hell at them pathetically tapping on the zombie helmets with their weapons! it was actually comical how stupid that looked.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    81 wrote:
    i know, suspend reality, but damn...they do stupid shit.

as for the helmet zombies...does it really take a rocket scientest to go...geeze, i need to stab up and under the helmet :fp:

my wife and I were laughing like hell at them pathetically tapping on the zombie helmets with their weapons! it was actually comical how stupid that looked.

10-15-2012-10-25-21-AM1-465x268.jpg

Maggie figures it out
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    nah hersch is a goner..saw to much in the previews....

doubt it...I remember seeing a comment he made not too long ago after his DUI bust (they were filming episode 4 or 5 at the time) about having to go back to work and feeling embarrassed. But, who knows? He could still die...Killing maIn characters is one thing this show does do.
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:

doubt it...I remember seeing a comment he made not too long ago after his DUI bust .

so his character mirrored real life then? yikes.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Yarden wrote:

because, regardless of their real ages, the relationship seemed more like Daryl was being a protector of an older maiden, like an aunt or something. Not a love interest.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    amc back on dish 8-)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,279
    81 wrote:
    amc back on dish 8-)

:thumbdown: fuck dish :P

looking forward to tonight's episode
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    my apologies to rick for calling him a sissy during season 2.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    rival. wrote:

:lol:

And Carl is making his way back into my good graces too.

Season 3 starting strong.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    2 words...

Zombie Panties :shock: :wtf:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    2 words...

Zombie Panties :shock: :wtf:

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    Rick has really really lost his mind 8-)

this show can't possibly get better every fucking week ,can it?

another intense awesome episode

maybe i was wrong about Big Hersch :corn:

could have gone w/ out the zombie thong :shock:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

SAYYYYY WHAAAAAAT :mrgreen:
  • Options
    the inmates first encounter with the walkers was priceless :lol:

actually its about to happen on the replay :geek:
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Awesome episode!!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Yes, inmates first fight with the walkers was funny. Rick slicing into Tomas's head was priceless.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Rick diced that Tommy guys head like Jason Voorhees.

Great episode.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

And Carl is making his way back into my good graces too.

Season 3 starting strong.

agreed. i liked how he had his gun out and ready to roll if hershel turned.
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

SAYYYYY WHAAAAAAT :mrgreen:

ok ok... EARLY in season two! :D
  • Options
    tomas is on talking dead

his "package " is all over the screen :cry:
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    tomas is on talking dead

his "package " is all over the screen :cry:
    Call in and ask him if that was diced too.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Can't wait for next week. Looks like were gonna see some old friends again.
    Go Birds!!!!