Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    It was killing me how Andrea kept stopping in the woods to kill zombies. Every time she would take the time to stop and aim at one zombie, 200 zombies would get 20 feet closer!

Stupid move.

Just keep running!!!
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    Yarden wrote:
    rrivers wrote:
    By the way, I forgot to mention this in my first post but this group of people are amazingly accurate in shooting weapons of all kinds from moving vehicles.

right?! i was thinking that too while watching. they didn't miss once.. but i guess you could say they've been practicing and stuff..

Yeah they've been practicing with their unlimited ammo in the soundproof barn.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Having re-watched the finale, I can't help but thinking that while it was a good episode, it was kind of a letdown in comparison to the previous episode. Shane's death was far more shocking than anything that happened Sunday. The "Big Shocker" was apparently supposed to be revelation that everybody is infected, but that's something most everybody had figured out long before Rick said it. It was pretty telegraphed.

The death of Jimmy and Otis' wife (whose name escapes me) really didn't have much effect as they were pretty minor characters and the fact that in the previous 2 weeks we saw two of the original/main characters get killed their deaths seemed pretty insignificant.

There was plenty of action in the beginning, but they were off the farm about 15-20 minutes into the episode, and after that it was mostly arguing (with the exception of Andrea's jog through the woods) after that. Not to mention Lori's incredibly stupid "I can't believe you killed Shane after I told you to kill Shane" episode.

This is just judging the episode. Overall the ending of the season was good, but the last 40 minutes of the finale was kind of just a segue between season 2 and 3, which was needed I guess. The climax of the season really took place in the last 30-40 minutes of the previous episode and the first 20 minutes of this one. All of the "should we get gas now or in the morning?" didn't exactly have me on the edge of my seat. Overall a good season though, it was slow at times, but badass at others and I think evened itself out.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Having re-watched the finale, I can't help but thinking that while it was a good episode, it was kind of a letdown in comparison to the previous episode. Shane's death was far more shocking than anything that happened Sunday. The "Big Shocker" was apparently supposed to be revelation that everybody is infected, but that's something most everybody had figured out long before Rick said it. It was pretty telegraphed.

The death of Jimmy and Otis' wife (whose name escapes me) really didn't have much effect as they were pretty minor characters and the fact that in the previous 2 weeks we saw two of the original/main characters get killed their deaths seemed pretty insignificant.

There was plenty of action in the beginning, but they were off the farm about 15-20 minutes into the episode, and after that it was mostly arguing (with the exception of Andrea's jog through the woods) after that. Not to mention Lori's incredibly stupid "I can't believe you killed Shane after I told you to kill Shane" episode.

This is just judging the episode. Overall the ending of the season was good, but the last 40 minutes of the finale was kind of just a segue between season 2 and 3, which was needed I guess. The climax of the season really took place in the last 30-40 minutes of the previous episode and the first 20 minutes of this one. All of the "should we get gas now or in the morning?" didn't exactly have me on the edge of my seat. Overall a good season though, it was slow at times, but badass at others and I think evened itself out.

i watched it again also last night .... like u said it was a combiantion of finale and setting up next season
    the beginning was awesoem though ...as was rick's " not a democracy speech"
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693

On a lot of these shows, typically the show before the finale would be the one where something big happens. I know "The Wire" was pretty famous for this. I remember specifically "The Sopranos" episode "Long Term Parking" where something big happened in the second to last episode. (I will limit it to that since the spoiler police are out in force today.) Of course, The Walking Dead pales in comparison with those shows, but I think it's following the format a bit.

I do agree with your other points, the season was better in this second half than the first half. But also there was really nowhere to go but up. From things I've read it seems like they stayed on the farm so long because of budget reasons.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    This episode reminded me of something I've been thinking. Darryl really needs to get rid of that motorcycle and get a car or truck or something. Riding through that pack of zombies on a motorcycle is kind of dangerous, he and Carol could have easily been grabbed or bitten. Get something with some doors on it. Also it's really fucking loud. These zombies apparently have great hearing, so stealth is key. That motorcycle sounds like he's driving a Sherman tank with glasspacks.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I agree about it not beign as good of a show as the last one (felt that way even after the first watch), but it was still good.

Thinking back on it one of my favorite moments was when Glenn tells Maggie he loves her. That seemed well acted and something very real. A pretty cool moment

I don't like this divided group thing. I was hopine that with the end of season two they could all come together and work with each other. Perhaps that is not the case :(
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Also it's really fucking loud. These zombies apparently have great hearing, so stealth is key. That motorcycle sounds like he's driving a Sherman tank with glasspacks.
    :lol::lol: My wife & I were discussing this as well on the last episode. Never really noticed it before, although he had been riding it all season.
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    Also it's really fucking loud. These zombies apparently have great hearing, so stealth is key. That motorcycle sounds like he's driving a Sherman tank with glasspacks.
    :lol::lol: My wife & I were discussing this as well on the last episode. Never really noticed it before, although he had been riding it all season.

Yeah, I had never really noticed it before Sunday either. I had always thought it wasn't the greatest mode of transportation because it was open-air, but not noticed how loud. Maybe because we were in the middle of a scene where they were trying to stay quiet as the walker went by, then all of the sudden here comes Darryl making all that noise. Once they all stopped I couldn't even pay attention to what was being said because all I could think was "You guys know that the walker that just went by is coming back now right?".
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    intodeep wrote:
    Thinking back on it one of my favorite moments was when Glenn tells Maggie he loves her. That seemed well acted and something very real. A pretty cool moment

I can't be the only one that was expecting zombie to start attacking the car at that point.

Loved Darryls comment about Glenns driving too. Shows how integrated Darryl is with the group now, it'll be interesting to see where his loyalties lie when Merle shows back up.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    This episode reminded me of something I've been thinking. Darryl really needs to get rid of that motorcycle and get a car or truck or something. Riding through that pack of zombies on a motorcycle is kind of dangerous, he and Carol could have easily been grabbed or bitten. Get something with some doors on it. Also it's really fucking loud. These zombies apparently have great hearing, so stealth is key. That motorcycle sounds like he's driving a Sherman tank with glasspacks.
    I was thinking the same. And why a frickin chopper? If you want to ride a bike, get a dirt bike that can at least go off road with ease. While we're at it....get a decent motorhome (I think this was mentioned in the thread before)....I guess we're to presume that vehicles aren't readily available.

So....season 3.....I'm thinking the group of 30 will be holed up in the prison (with the governor? when did this info get into the thread? is it a comic thing?)........it would be an interesting dynamic to see thousands of zombies outside that fence, and the group inside with the evil 30, deciding which fate is preferable....kind of like a 28 Days Later scenario.
  • Options
    merkinball wrote:
    I can't be the only one that was expecting zombie to start attacking the car at that point.
    :lol:
    I was so braced for a pop-up type scare, that when they switched scenes, I jumped :D
  • Options
    merkinball wrote:
    I was so braced for a pop-up type scare, that when they switched scenes, I jumped :D

There were so many times I was expecting a pop out scare, that was one of them for me too. Also when Herschel was standing out there by himself just blowing away zombies, I expected one to come from behind and just grab/kill him. Any time in horror when somebody has all their focus pointed in one direction, they get killed from the other. And I was fully expecting Herschel to go down in a blaze of glory on his farm rather than move along with the others.
  • Options
    merkinball wrote:

There were so many times I was expecting a pop out scare, that was one of them for me too. Also when Herschel was standing out there by himself just blowing away zombies, I expected one to come from behind and just grab/kill him. Any time in horror when somebody has all their focus pointed in one direction, they get killed from the other. And I was fully expecting Herschel to go down in a blaze of glory on his farm rather than move along with the others.
    ya, totally. Thought Herschel was done too.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    What's the point of even bringing Herschel to season three? They should have killed him off dramatically.
  • Options
    Has anyone watched the WD Webisodes? They are six, 3-5min episodes, separate from the regular plotline,
    that show how the "Bicycle Girl" (the half-a-body, crawling walker from the shows 1st episode) became a walker. Not the greatest, but worth finding out how she came to be.

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/v ... -a-new-day
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    Has anyone watched the WD Webisodes? They are six, 3-5min episodes, separate from the regular plotline,
    that show how the "Bicycle Girl" (the half-a-body, crawling walker from the shows 1st episode) became a walker. Not the greatest, but worth finding out how she came to be.

I think most people have. Can't say all. They came out around October prior to the beginning of Season 2.
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:

I think most people have. Can't say all. They came out around October prior to the beginning of Season 2.

yeah, i probably should've done a search on here to see if it was mentioned yet. I was late picking up on those. Just saw that they are making more.
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    Just saw that they are making more.

I wonder what it will be this time. Maybe the "Well Walker"? Of course that would probably involve using actual cast members, which is probably too expensive to make for webisodes.
  • Options
    drmrkelleydrmrkelley Posts: 141
    Who are some of your favorite characters on the show?

I think Daryl is my favorite. I obviously like Rick and I like how Herschel had an epiphany and became a zombie-killing badass defending his farm. Andrea I'm not so sure about. I got really pissed when she shot Daryl. Tdawg has had no character development so I'm not sure about him, either. I'm actually surprised he's still alive. I liked Glenn before he fell in love.

I watched Talking Dead for the first time after the season finale. There's something about the host that I find annoying and I guess I didn't like them revealing who the masked person was. Had I read the comics I would have known anyway, but I would have rather been blissfully ignorant until season 3.
    62698 E Troy, 81800 Indy, 42303 Champagne, 42503 Cleveland, 10204 Toledo, 10304 Grand Rapids, 91105 Kitchener, 51606 Chicago, 51706 Chicago, 62606 St. Paul, 8507 Chicago, 82109 Toronto, 82309 Chicago, 82409 Chicago, 5910 Cleveland, 9311 E Troy, 9411 E Troy, 91111 Toronto, 92112 Pensacola, 71913 Chicago, 101113 Pittsburgh, 101213 Buffalo UPCOMING: Cincy, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, St Paul, Milwaukee
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:

I wonder what it will be this time. Maybe the "Well Walker"? Of course that would probably involve using actual cast members, which is probably too expensive to make for webisodes.

true, but would like to see how Morgans wife became a walker.
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    drmrkelley wrote:
    Who are some of your favorite characters on the show?

I think Daryl is my favorite. I obviously like Rick and I like how Herschel had an epiphany and became a zombie-killing badass defending his farm. Andrea I'm not so sure about. I got really pissed when she shot Daryl. Tdawg has had no character development so I'm not sure about him, either. I'm actually surprised he's still alive. I liked Glenn before he fell in love.

I watched Talking Dead for the first time after the season finale. There's something about the host that I find annoying and I guess I didn't like them revealing who the masked person was. Had I read the comics I would have known anyway, but I would have rather been blissfully ignorant until season 3.

Darryl is probably my favorite too. I think he's everybody's favorite, he's just cool. I like Herschel too.

As for Michonne, they didn't really reveal much on Talking Dead other than her name and the fact that she's from the comic books. And that it's a she. Not really major spoilers.
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    pjradio wrote:

true, but would like to see how Morgans wife became a walker.

Yeah, but seems like that would be a step backwards, going back to Season 1 again. I would think it would be something Season 2 related, but I could be wrong.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I like Rick, Daryl, and Glenn a lot.

I would like for TDog to become cool, but after that since TDog has not done anything i'd put Maggie and Andrea next although i can see herchal's role growing into one i enjoy
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    I read somewhere _ must have been the AMC TWD website, that the actor who played Jimmy (attacked in Dale's RV) was terrified during that scene.

Jimmy, we hardly knew ye.

But we were pretty sure you would be zombie bait.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    heard that...sucks for him :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    heard that...sucks for him :lol:

I take it you're done mourning?

15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I read somewhere _ must have been the AMC TWD website, that the actor who played Jimmy (attacked in Dale's RV) was terrified during that scene.

I kept thinking who the hell is Jimmy??
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234

For the past 5 episodes we've been nervous for poor Jimmy :) hahaha Love this show!!

Quite different from the original plot but as a show..it's the most tense part of my week.
    quite relieved to have a break, was gonna have a heart attack or something! Oh and love
    how quick they were to ditch Andrea!!! I loved her in the Xfiles and was a bit gutted she
    was turning into an annoying, crying, needy liability.. Loving the scene when she went
    Rambo though. more of that please :)
    Sometimes I speak of nothing at all.