Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I'm glad T Dawg survived. I was afraid he might be zombie food.

Lori is such a biatch
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    kwdaleykwdaley Posts: 499
    intodeep wrote:
    I'm glad T Dawg survived. I was afraid he might be zombie food.

Lori is such a biatch

His lines in the episode were Shakespearean-like. LOL
    Ottawa 2011
    London 2013 "The Dundas Hookers on Crack" Show
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    Thought it was a solid ending to the season. I hope Lori's baby eats her from the inside out, then eats Carl. I can't wait to see the prison story line and the Governor. And Michonne.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i'd like to cook carl. he is annoying as fuck
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,763
    81 wrote:
    i'd like to cook carl. he is annoying as fuck

Yep. Him and Lori both need to go away.
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    It seemed to me Lori wasn't as mad about Shane being killed by Rick, but pissed about Carl being the one to "put him down".
    I agree tho, her character stinks.

Ahhh, until the Fall.

I wondered that too. But if she was mad about Carl shooting Shane, it was really her fault for letting the boy out of her sight. They were all holed up in the house because they were scared of Randall and the gang coming to get them, but yet Carl slipped out of the house and wandered around in the dark.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    where can i buy a pet zombie?
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    where can i buy a pet zombie?
    You really can get anything at Target
    http://www.target.com/p/Pet-Zombies-Nin ... pla&ci_kw=
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Great ending to the season. Great to see Michonne, similar entrance to her in the comics (I think she showed up at the farm in the comics). She ends up being such a good (human) character, don't worry about her looking cartoonish.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    I didn't realise there was a book, but I never read. I see people are putting spoilers in from the book, like revealing this characters name, I wish you guys didn't? Can we just keep this to the TV..

That prison or whatever thing didn't look occupied

And the helicopter?!!
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:
    I didn't realise there was a book, but I never read. I see people are putting spoilers in from the book, like revealing this characters name, I wish you guys didn't? Can we just keep this to the TV..

And the helicopter?!!

i would just like a spoiler alert ....
    they did say her name on the talking dead last
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:

And the helicopter?!!

I don't have any idea what this Talking Dead thing is, must be some post show in the USA talking about it?
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Brisk. wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

And the helicopter?!!

I don't have any idea what this Talking Dead thing is, must be some post show in the USA talking about it?

Yeah, it's a live post-show Talk show with different stars/writers from the show each week as well as other guests.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Brisk. wrote:

And the helicopter?!!
    I agree 100% about this comic stuff. Maybe someone should start a separate thread for the comic book /show. I have no interest in reading the comic book and I dont want certain aspects to where this show may be heading in the future to be ruined for me.

I think this is a reasonable suggestion, no?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Brisk. wrote:

And the helicopter?!!
    I agree 100% about this comic stuff. Maybe someone should start a separate thread for the comic book /show. I have no interest in reading the comic book and I dont want certain aspects to where this show may be heading in the future to be ruined for me.

I agree. I may or may not read the comic books, but I think it is a good idea to keep them separate for those that don't want to read them and don't want any info on what may happen with the tv show.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:

And the helicopter?!!

I agree. I may or may not read the comic books, but I think it is a good idea to keep them separate for those that don't want to read them and don't want any info on what may happen with the tv show.
    Please...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Yeah I'm sorta bit miffed about finding out who that women is but o well.

Maybe make another thread for discussion of the comic book too, I presume like others that it's just about the TV or maybe make a info post in the OP saying it's comic and TV and then we'll start our own just TV one :)
  • Options
    Cradles Broken GlassCradles Broken Glass Posts: 1,409
    edited March 2012
    After careful reflection, I have to say that if I was Lori, I would not have left that farm without my son. It dawned on me that she just left having no idea if Carl was ok or if she would ever see him again. Carl could have very easily been huddled by a tree, hiding from the herd of walkers. I really question her parenting abilities. I watch my son better when he is playing in our yard on a zombie-free sunny day. As a mom, I would have killed those things with my thumbs if I thought they were between my son and myself. I also think that it might be the "Governor" in the helicopter. I'm not familiar with his character, but I think that they have cast him for the show. The helicopter suggests some form of military, government, or law enforcement to me.

Edit: I also want to point out that I absolutely despise spoilers, but I do not think what happened/happens in the comics has any bearing not the tv series. I told my husband to keep his mouth shut at first, but now it doesn't bother me b/c other than having the same characters, there is not a whole lot the two have in common. For instance, Shane was dead in the comics long before he was in the show and it was Carl who shot him. They did make a nod toward the comic with Carl being the one to put him down, but that is it. In the comics, they were only at the farm for a very short time and they stay at the prison for really long time. I'm wondering if that might be reversed or if we might see a season or two of the show at the prison. Also, Darrell and T-Dog do not exist in the comics and Sophia is still alive. Sophia and Carl grow up together in the comics. Anyway, that is my understanding of it. I wouldn't really let any of the comic "spoilers" ruin it for me. I do not think any spoilers exist here.
    Post edited by Cradles Broken Glass on
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    After careful reflection, I have to say that if I was Lori, I would not have left that farm without my son. It dawned on me that she just left having no idea if Carl was ok or if she would ever see him again. Carl could have very easily been huddled by a tree, hiding from the herd of walkers. I really question her parenting abilities. I watch my son better when he is playing in our yard on a zombie-free sunny day. As a mom, I would have killed those things with my thumbs if I thought they were between my son and myself. I also think that it might be the "Governor" in the helicopter. I'm not familiar with his character, but I think that they have cast him for the show. The helicopter suggests some form of military, government, or law enforcement to me.

Edit: I also want to point out that I absolutely despise spoilers, but I do not think what happened/happens in the comics has any bearing not the tv series. I told my husband to keep his mouth shut at first, but now it doesn't bother me b/c other than having the same characters, there is not a whole lot the two have in common. For instance, Shane was dead in the comics long before he was in the show and it was Carl who shot him. They did make a nod toward the comic with Carl being the one to put him down, but that is it. In the comics, they were only at the farm for a very short time and they stay at the prison for really long time. I'm wondering if that might be reversed or if we might see a season or two of the show at the prison. Also, Darrell and T-Dog do not exist in the comics and Sophia is still alive. Sophia and Carl grow up together in the comics. Anyway, that is my understanding of it. I wouldn't really let any of the comic "spoilers" ruin it for me. I do not think any spoilers exist here.
    Lori is a self centered bitch. Thats why she never knows where her son is. Rick deserves better.

I almost forgot about how they were before the zombie apocolypse. I rewatched the begining of the first episode from season one and almost forgot about the marriage problems they were having that Rick was expressing to Shane in the squad car.
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    I enjoyed the episode, the first half was great. Then it came to a grinding halt when they are on the road and actually talking to each other. I agree with everyone who said it makes no sense for the group to get mad at Rick for keeping the infection to himself. What does it change?

Satansfuton, I agree with your points about the hooded figure with the zombie pets. I made same point last week last week saying I expect to have suspend belief for a zombie show, but they have to play within the rules they set up. I don't understand how taking out a jaw and arms (or how that would even be possible) of a zombie would get it to chill. The first zombie we saw on the show outside the hospital Rick woke up in was just a torso if I remember right and was still crazy as shit!

I thought the best thing about the episode was the "Mad Men" commercials comparing it to "The Walking Dead".
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    rrivers wrote:
    I thought the best thing about the episode was the "Mad Men" commercials comparing it to "The Walking Dead".
    That was great.
    AMC has me!
    Walking Dead>Mad Men> then i assume Breaking Bad will start up when MM is over
    If they had Game of Thrones I think i woudl cancel HBO
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    rrivers wrote:

That was pretty funny.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,258
    Good episode relative to the rest.
    I really like this show, but there are just some things that drive me crazy.
    - The complete lack of realism from a scientific/medical standpoint
    - The "over-drama". Nobody...NOBODY acts the way these people do! They seem to really try their hardest to make every scene, every situation into a soap opera.
    - Unlikeable characters. Outside of Rick, Glenn and Daryl...everyone is awful. Blondie annoys the hell outta me. Lori is a giant bitch, Carl is a little shit (and a horrible actor). I guess if I was a writer I wouldn't want the viewer to want all of my cast to be taken out next.

I kind of miss the "unknown" and the adventure of the first season. This season, they hunkered down at the farm and there was never any real threat except for the threat the writers created from the "inner circle" of characters...aka "over-drama". Next season it looks like they have a prison to hang out in and I can't wait to see what "over-drama" comes out as a result of being in there as opposed to a farm. :D
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    - The "over-drama". Nobody...NOBODY acts the way these people do! They seem to really try their hardest to make every scene, every situation into a soap opera.
    - Unlikeable characters. Outside of Rick, Glenn and Daryl...everyone is awful. Blondie annoys the hell outta me. Lori is a giant bitch, Carl is a little shit (and a horrible actor). I guess if I was a writer I wouldn't want the viewer to want all of my cast to be taken out next.

I kind of miss the "unknown" and the adventure of the first season. This season, they hunkered down at the farm and there was never any real threat except for the threat the writers created from the "inner circle" of characters...aka "over-drama". Next season it looks like they have a prison to hang out in and I can't wait to see what "over-drama" comes out as a result of being in there as opposed to a farm. :D
    We need shower scenes :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,258
    mca47 wrote:

We need shower scenes :lol:

:lol:
    Glenn: "Oh silly me, I dropped the soap again".
    Rick: Standing naked except for his holster and revolver "How many times do I have to tell you, I'm not gay. I'm married to Lori!"
    Glenn: "Yeah, but she's bitch and is carrying Shane's baby...c'mon!"
    Rick: "What the fuck man? What about Maggie?"
    Glenn: "I thought I'd try a girl, but it wasn't for me".
    T-Dawg: "That's some fucked up shit right there!"

See...anyone can be a writer on this show! :lol:
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    :lol:
    Glenn: "Oh silly me, I dropped the soap again".
    Rick: Standing naked except for his holster and revolver "How many times do I have to tell you, I'm not gay. I'm married to Lori!"
    Glenn: "Yeah, but she's bitch and is carrying Shane's baby...c'mon!"
    Rick: "What the fuck man? What about Maggie?"
    Glenn: "I thought I'd try a girl, but it wasn't for me".
    T-Dawg: "That's some fucked up shit right there!"

See...anyone can be a writer on this show! :lol:
    :lol::lol::lol:

Hire this man!!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Nevermind90Nevermind90 Posts: 722
    damn that season finale was pretty badasssss o,o
    ~ Enjoy The Struggle
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    Better Dan wrote:
    rrivers wrote:
    What does everyone think of this season? I think it has really gone downhill. I enjoyed the first season a lot, but this season they are spending a lot of time trying to strengthen the characters and really doing a poor job of it. I'm not expecting the show to be Mad Men or The Sopranos with regard to writing and characterization, but it seems like they are trying to make it that way and failing. The whole prisoner storyline just dragged and was stupid to begin with...why save the guy and then kill or let him go? Just leave him there in the first place! They need to get off that farm.

Why do I keep watching, you ask? Honestly, I'm not sure. I find myself checking the time left on my DVR'd copy a lot and hoping for the end. Part of me hopes it will get good again (though I doubt it, I think Darabont had a lot to do with it being good) and another part of me watches because it has entered the "so bad it's good" arena.

I think we're kind've in the same boat about this season. I almost stopped watching after that zombie in the well episode. I don't want or need zombie attack after zombie attack every episode, but I want the character stuff to be better written.

I think they dragged out the farm stuff way too long. Imagine if what was happening this weekend was the mid season finale instead. I think they could have easily cut the farm stuff in half and just kept the best stuff in and dropped all the filler. It just seems like the behind the scenes stuff is hurting the show. All the season 1 writers were fired, the budget was lowered, the showrunner was fired...not good!

This guy sums it up well too:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood ... dying-fire

Some highlights:

Speaking about this season: "mostly it reminded me of a rural spin-off of The McLaughlin Group, in which a gaggle of unpleasant alphas shout at one another incoherently, lazily circling an argument without ever landing on one"

"I would argue fatal boredom was the farm’s cash crop."

"The problem, as ever, for The Walking Dead is that when these well-choreographed ballets of blood and adrenaline finally arrive, they feel less earned and more like an attempt to distract from the RV-sized plot holes that preceded them."
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    If the Zombies can't breathe....

then how can they smell & sniff? :shock:
    aqo2t.jpg