Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    a co-worker began to tell me about these chained zombies but i said i don't wanna know(he knows tthe comics)

one thing he said before i could stop him was something about everyone in the prison having them or something

who the hell knows

an african american female is playing her part
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    Lori= bitch of the century.

I hope she's next to go.. not cool her reaction. Looks like it's pushed Rick to the dark side.

100% agree.

also, since everyone is infected, would she give birth to a zombie baby?

she sucks. rick's face totally looked like he was pushed to the dark side.
  • Options
    Somebody who's read the books enlighten me. What's the purpose of Michonne having the two zombies on the chain? Does it serve an actual purpose or is it just decorative?

maybe it keeps the other walkers away...they don't realize a human is there?

Wouldn't they be able to smell her, like what happened to Rick and Glenn?

you would think ..but maybe because she is hidden and who knows what else is under that robe they don't know she is there
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

I hope she's next to go.. not cool her reaction. Looks like it's pushed Rick to the dark side.

100% agree.

also, since everyone is infected, would she give birth to a zombie baby?

she sucks. rick's face totally looked like he was pushed to the dark side.

i thought about zombie baby # 2

dawn of the dead remake was # 1 :mrgreen:
  • Options
    gn all

we have alot of months to discuss lol
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704

especially when she had that talk with rick (5-6 episodes ago) in the tent where she basically tells rick that he needs to kill shane...

"you would kill to save whats yours"
    "yes"
    "well Shane thinks Carl & I are his"
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    pjradio wrote:

especially when she had that talk with rick (5-6 episodes ago) in the tent where she basically tells rick that he needs to kill shane...

"you would kill to save whats yours"
    "yes"
    "well Shane thinks Carl & I are his"
    He was forced to kill his best friend, and almost let himself be killed.. and she KNEW exactly what was going on and what he'd have to do.

His drama queen wife isn't worth fighting for anymore. First sign he might be dead again and she'll be off fucking someone else for comfort.

Next time they are being chased by zombies, shoot her in the leg if it gives him a better chance.
  • Options
    That thought did occur to me, but it doesn't really make sense, to me at least. I realize the zombies aren't a threat, but they also don't seem to serve much of a purpose. Plus they seem kind of domesticated, even though they can't bite/grab her, you would think they would sort of mindlessly come after her, not just stand at attention behind.

I would have to agree with that, but I think now that we have some weird kind of dark superhero, we might want to allow the show some liberties with logic. :)
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    HOLY SNAP!!!! That was an amazing episode tonight. :clap::clap::clap:
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    That thought did occur to me, but it doesn't really make sense, to me at least. I realize the zombies aren't a threat, but they also don't seem to serve much of a purpose. Plus they seem kind of domesticated, even though they can't bite/grab her, you would think they would sort of mindlessly come after her, not just stand at attention behind.

I would have to agree with that, but I think now that we have some weird kind of dark superhero, we might want to allow the show some liberties with logic. :)

Yeah, I realize I have to suspend disbelief some. I mean, it's a show about the zombie apocalypse :lol: , but it does have it's own self-contained logic. For instance if Carl were to pop up next season with the gift of flight (which he presumably picks up in one of his excursions) I would cry foul. On the show they have set up a series of rules and behaviors for the zombies that they've drilled in our heads, and the zombie "prisoners" or whatever seem to kind of contradict some of it, or at the very least doesn't seem to really serve a purpose.

It's not a problem, I just find it kind of silly. And it just seems like something they thought would be cool and look cool in a comic book, but didn't put much thought into whether or not it really fit in with the established logic. I'm not a big comic book fan, and I've liked the way that they gave the show a sense of realism (in spite of the subject matter) and it hasn't felt cartoonish at all. The appearance of Marchonne was very cartoonish to me. I'm glad they're bringing in the character, I just think leaving the zombie slaves behind would have been a little better for the show.

I'm still going to watch/love the show, and probably enjoy the character, but as soon as I saw that I actually rolled my eyes.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    Yeah, I realize I have to suspend disbelief some. I mean, it's a show about the zombie apocalypse :lol: , but it does have it's own self-contained logic. For instance if Carl were to pop up next season with the gift of flight (which he presumably picks up in one of his excursions) I would cry foul. On the show they have set up a series of rules and behaviors for the zombies that they've drilled in our heads, and the zombie "prisoners" or whatever seem to kind of contradict some of it, or at the very least doesn't seem to really serve a purpose.

It's not a problem, I just find it kind of silly. And it just seems like something they thought would be cool and look cool in a comic book, but didn't put much thought into whether or not it really fit in with the established logic. I'm not a big comic book fan, and I've liked the way that they gave the show a sense of realism (in spite of the subject matter) and it hasn't felt cartoonish at all. The appearance of Marchonne was very cartoonish to me. I'm glad they're bringing in the character, I just think leaving the zombie slaves behind would have been a little better for the show.

I'm still going to watch/love the show, and probably enjoy the character, but as soon as I saw that I actually rolled my eyes.

I pretty much have to agree with everything you said here. I also thought it was odd that someone was able to "tame" the zombies.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    why did the whole group freak out on Rick for not telling them they are all infected? what does that change? it's not like he held out on a cure or anything. the only thing they could have done differently with this information is shoot each other in the head.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718

I pretty much have to agree with everything you said here. I also thought it was odd that someone was able to "tame" the zombies.
    The show was very believable in that the zombie disease seemed to have realistic rules.. until now. I have a feeling season three in going to get whacky. It will probably still be entertaining, but turn into another Lost where the sci-fi aspect starts to get out of hand.
  • Options
    According to my husband, who has read the comics, the zombies on the leash are her boyfriend and ex-boyfriend. I do like the idea of the badA girls club. Andrea quickly became my favorite female character on the show this season and Darrell has found his way into my heart. Those two know how to kick A and take names. I wasn't worried about Andrea alone in the woods at all, I knew she could handle it. Although, she had a close call. Anyway, as a fellow pony-tail wearing, blonde girl, I dig Andrea.
    fade away...

• Options
    why did the whole group freak out on Rick for not telling them they are all infected? what does that change? it's not like he held out on a cure or anything. the only thing they could have done differently with this information is shoot each other in the head.

Yeah. It's one of those things that shouldn't really matter, but you know they wouldn't let Rick drop a bomb like that without milking it for some dramatic looks, group conflict, and all around drama. Just like Lori shouldn't have gotten mad at Rick for killing Shane in self-defense when a month or so ago she was advocating his murder.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Robert Kirkman (the Creator of the Comic book & head writer on the show) was just asked if Merle, Morgan or Duane would be back in season 3 & he said this:

"There is a 100% chance that 33.3% of those WILL return next year"

I'm guessing that its Merle & he is already inside the prison
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    Robert Kirkman (the Creator of the Comic book & head writer on the show) was just asked if Merle, Morgan or Duane would be back in season 3 & he said this:

"There is a 100% chance that 33.3% of those WILL return next year"

I'm guessing that its Merle & he is already inside the prison

That is who my money is on too.
    fade away...

• Options
    I do like the idea of the badA girls club.

Yeah, I have no problem with the strong female characters. Lord knows we need them in a world occupied by Lori "Shut up bitch and get in the kitchen" Grimes. I just find the chained zombies kind of goofy. It does seem like the type of think a comic book writer would choose for a "strong" trait in a woman.

"Hey man, we need a strong female character"

"Let's make a girl with two zombie sidekicks and a sword. That's strong right?"
  • Options
    The Walking Dead Buzz on Talking Dead tonight they had strange facts, and one of them was that it was 27 degrees out when the episode was shot, so you could see the breath of all the actors, and since zombies don't breathe, they had to edit all of the zombie breath out with CGI.

I have two really stupid I-know-this-isn't-real-so-why-are-you-asking-this questions.

my first question is, if zombies don't breathe, what's all the moaning about? how can you moan without any breath?

my second question is, how do they not run out of energy? in 28 days later, the zombies actually had to eat to survive. they all eventually just starved and life went on as normal. in TWD, they just seem to go on forever without consequence.

I know those may seem like dumb questions, but as Satansfuton pointed out, in some stories, the writers do a good job setting out rules by which the characters and the plot live by. I was just wondering if there was some pseudo-scientific explanation as to how they keep going like the Energizer Zombie?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    I do like the idea of the badA girls club.

Yeah, I have no problem with the strong female characters. Lord knows we need them in a world occupied by Lori "Shut up bitch and get in the kitchen" Grimes. I just find the chained zombies kind of goofy. It does seem like the type of think a comic book writer would choose for a "strong" trait in a woman.

"Hey man, we need a strong female character"

"Let's make a girl with two zombie sidekicks and a sword. That's strong right?"

That crap with Lori in the kitchen with Andrea was some of the most sexist sh#!. I also think that Lori may have somewhat been jealous of the fact that Andrea was growing close to Shane and that probably played into her sentiments. I do not think that Shane's feelings were one-sided. I don't know if you saw my previous post, but according to my husband, those two zombies are her boyfriend and ex-boyfriend. I do agree that it is a bit campy. However, in the comic books she walks right through herd of walkers, so I think they play into her survival (according to my husband).
    fade away...

• Options
    Hugh Freaking DillonHugh Freaking Dillon Posts: 14,010
    edited March 2012
    That crap with Lori in the kitchen with Andrea was some of the most sexist sh#!.

it wasn't sexist. it was her role as a wife and mother living in the south, married to a cop. that's just reality in some parts. but more importantly it was her personal reality and she probably felt threatened by Andrea's strong presence.

not in my house though! supper is on the table when my little woman comes home from work! :lol:
    Post edited by Hugh Freaking Dillon on
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    I wonder if Andrea is currently walking around with a little Shane in the oven.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    It will probably still be entertaining, but turn into another Lost where the sci-fi aspect starts to get out of hand.

if there's any black smoke monster or polar bears wandering around in Atlanta because it's in Carl's comic book I'm heading for the door. :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    That crap with Lori in the kitchen with Andrea was some of the most sexist sh#!.

it wasn't sexist. it was her role as a wife and mother living in the south, married to a cop. that's just reality in some parts.

Geography has nothing to do with it. I live in the South, it's not all "get in the kitchen woman" around here. I'm sure some women take on that role voluntarily, and decide it's their duty to do some of that stuff if they are being a stay at home mom and the husband has a job, but it's not part of the culture anymore than it would be in the rest of the country or continent.
  • Options

it wasn't sexist. it was her role as a wife and mother living in the south, married to a cop. that's just reality in some parts.

Geography has nothing to do with it. I live in the South, it's not all "get in the kitchen woman" around here. I'm sure some women take on that role voluntarily, and decide it's their duty to do some of that stuff if they are being a stay at home mom and the husband has a job, but it's not part of the culture anymore than it would be in the rest of the country or continent.

Agreed about the geography thing, I am a wife and mother in the South. I do the laundry and cook, but I also attend grad school and work. The day my husband tells me that is my role is the day he gets the frying pan in the head,lol. When chores need to be done we all pitch in and I think that if I was needed to shoot down zombies, I wouldn't be making lemonade.

Edit: I do agree though that Lori is threatened by Andrea. Also, like I said before, I think a bit jealous of her and Shane.
    fade away...

• Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    :shock: Great episode! Sad to see it leaving again. Oh well, gives me something to look forward too. Now it's Breaking Bad time! :twisted:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    pretty soon it's Game of Thrones time..
    i totally agree with what's been said so far - Michonne did look too cartoonish and Lori is a bit annoying at times.. i hope they do a better job with the writing on season 3.. make it more believeable (as much as a zombie show can be)..
    it felt like they were trying to fit too much into these last few episodes.. Dale, Shane and everything that happened in this one..
    I enjoyed the episode where we found out Sophia was in the barn more..
  • Options
    Yarden wrote:
    pretty soon it's Game of Thrones time..
    i totally agree with what's been said so far - Michonne did look too cartoonish and Lori is a bit annoying at times.. i hope they do a better job with the writing on season 3.. make it more believeable (as much as a zombie show can be)..
    it felt like they were trying to fit too much into these last few episodes.. Dale, Shane and everything that happened in this one..
    I enjoyed the episode where we found out Sophia was in the barn more..

Fuck Sophia

I enjoyed the episode where Yarden was in the thread more.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    It seemed to me Lori wasn't as mad about Shane being killed by Rick, but pissed about Carl being the one to "put him down".
    I agree tho, her character stinks.

Ahhh, until the Fall.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    kwdaleykwdaley Posts: 499
    Glad to see Rick grow a set. Welcome to the party Michonne. I thought it was an epic show tonight. I try not to let little things bother me about the "realism" of the show and simply enjoy it for what it's worth... entertainment. If I did, I could not possibly enjoy The Walking Dead. Let's face it, without TWD, we'd be stuck watching some reality show like Dancing with the Stars or crap like that.
    Ottawa 2011
    London 2013 "The Dundas Hookers on Crack" Show