Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    I live in happy anticipation of a future without Lori.

And I've had just about enough of Carl.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Better Dan wrote:
    Minor thing, but I wonder why the word 'zombie' doesn't exist in TWD Universe. :lol: The main camp calls them walkers, and didn't Randall refer to them as movers?

Robert Kirkman said on Talking Dead that this is kind of an "alternate universe" in which all the Romero and other zombie films don't exist. We are to understand that when this outbreak began, there was no popular culture for the people to compare it to, and that something like this had never even been imagined as fiction.

Because of this they made a concerted effort to keep the word zombie out of all the comic books, as this isn't even a word to those people, but I think he said they accidentally let the word slip in, so just stopped trying to censor it.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    kwdaleykwdaley Posts: 499
    You know what this show is missing?

Tallahassee

tallahassee_woody_harrelson.jpg

Easily the greatest character in any zombie movie or show.

Except for maybe "zombie" Bill Murray

zombieland1.jpg

or a zombie Eddie Van Halen:

eddie.jpg
    Ottawa 2011
    London 2013 "The Dundas Hookers on Crack" Show
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Predictions for the Finale?
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    afroannnie wrote:

Note - Possibly a spoiler? Since the Governor has been brought up, I figure other characters are fair game too.

I'm hoping it ends with the introduction of a bad-ass katana wielding character from the comics.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    I hope it is ok to ask this, but does anyone who does not have AMC know of a way to watch current Walking Dead episodes without visiting a seedy website that might damage my computer? We are looking at cutting our cable package down, which means we will lose AMC (but we will be paying $25/month vs. $70). If I absolutely have to, I can wait for DVDs, but if I could stay up to date, that would be awesome.
    http://eztv.it/shows/428/the-walking-dead/
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    Minor thing, but I wonder why the word 'zombie' doesn't exist in TWD Universe. :lol: The main camp calls them walkers, and didn't Randall refer to them as movers?

I thought Randall's group called them Lame Brains.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    kwdaley wrote:
    You know what this show is missing?

Tallahassee

tallahassee_woody_harrelson.jpg

Easily the greatest character in any zombie movie or show.

Except for maybe "zombie" Bill Murray

zombieland1.jpg

or a zombie Eddie Van Halen:

eddie.jpg

I never did see that zombie movie with Woody. It looked pretty good. that EVH pic is awesome!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    TALLLAHASSEE!!!!! :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    my prediction..

big hersch is a goner ...they have to flee the farm (they will not be able to wipe them out on site)

maybe another regular from the original group also a goner..whoever does die..we might see them kill a regular

forgive me..i'am rambling and very high

super stoked though 8-)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    my prediction..

big hersch is a goner ...they have to flee the farm (they will not be able to wipe them out on site)

maybe another regular from the original group also a goner..whoever does die..we might see them kill a regular

forgive me..i'am rambling and very high

super stoked though 8-)

omg if I ever watched this show high I would prolly have an aneurism! But since we're just rambling and not watching....I hope they bail from the farm and they have some more new peeps come in. Lori and Carl getting boring and with Shane and whats his name gone there's some room for new stories. Killing another main character in the finale is almost a no brainer (haha).
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Better Dan wrote:

I thought Randall's group called them Lame Brains.

You are probably right. I couldn't really here what they were saying, it sounded like movers to me but I didn't think that was quite right.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    afroannnie wrote:
    Laurie and Andrea are pretty high up on my "kill them next" list. Probably no chance of killing Laurie though :-(
    As long as they keep Darryl around, things are good.
    What are the chances T-Dog survives another season?
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    edited March 2012
    Excellent 1/2hr uncensored interview on GeekTime with Jon Bernthal (Shane) for whoever is interested. He talks about an alternative ending to the Rick/Shane scene that they wanted to do.

http://www.mediafire.com/?of87gcvu4u80s81

(I also have one with Andrew Lincoln (Rick) I'll put up if you guys want it)
    Post edited by pjradio on
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    rafie wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    Laurie and Andrea are pretty high up on my "kill them next" list. Probably no chance of killing Laurie though :-(
    As long as they keep Darryl around, things are good.
    What are the chances T-Dog survives another season?

Yeah...I'd like Laurie to go..she annoys me. I wanted Carl to go after the Dale incident, but I guess he redeemed himself by killing Shane-Zombie.

I want Merle to come back...I think that would stir things up...
  • Options
    not rushing my sunday away...but 9pm ..ya know

it should be an hour and a half
  • Options
    T-dog conspicuously was absent from any dialogue or even appearances for quite a few episodes up until last week or so. I have a feeling he's going down.

they won't kill off Lori or Carl. Although, I was shocked when they killed Shane off.

I'm pretty sure Herschel is gone. "down with the ship". He even said himself "I will die protecting my farm". Talk about foreshadowing.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:
    I want Merle to come back...I think that would stir things up...

there was no closure there. I think a lot of people have been waiting for him to pop up. But I don't know that he will. Same with Morgan and Duane Jones (black dude and his kid from episosde 1). I wonder if we'll see him pop up as a walker and that might drive Rick a little bonkers.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    T-dog conspicuously was absent from any dialogue or even appearances for quite a few episodes up until last week or so. I have a feeling he's going down.

they won't kill off Lori or Carl. Although, I was shocked when they killed Shane off.

I'm pretty sure Herschel is gone. "down with the ship". He even said himself "I will die protecting my farm". Talk about foreshadowing.
    They killed off Shane in the comics a lot sooner. From what I heard it was sometime before Hershel's farm, but it still played out almost like the show. The only difference is that it was Carl that shot Shane, then later on Rick went to visit his grave and shot zombie Shane.

Apparently Carl becomes an absolute bad-ass, so there's still hope for his character.
  • Options
    Apparently Carl becomes an absolute bad-ass, so there's still hope for his character.

I don't doubt it, with his current disposition on killing humans (Randall) and the shot to Shane's head from 30 yards away, he's becoming a little Darryl.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    facebook just said " tune in tonight to hear the shocking secret that will keep people buzzing till next season"

what jenner said...has to be
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Can't wait for tonight's episode!!!
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    facebook just said " tune in tonight to hear the shocking secret that will keep people buzzing till next season"

yeah..but i wonder if rick will tell everyone..especially if it's something like "we all already infected"...or it will just be a flashback...to reveal the "secret" to the audience...
  • Options
    I just put Zombieland on hold at my video store. going to watch it right after WD. :D
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    I just put Zombieland on hold at my video store. going to watch it right after WD. :D

:thumbup:
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    afroannnie wrote:

yeah..but i wonder if rick will tell everyone..especially if it's something like "we all already infected"...or it will just be a flashback...to reveal the "secret" to the audience...

I hope that's not the thing that is supposed to keep us buzzing since everyone has already figured it out by now and it was already shown last week.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    spencer958spencer958 Louisville, KY Posts: 279

I don't doubt it, with his current disposition on killing humans (Randall) and the shot to Shane's head from 30 yards away, he's becoming a little Darryl.

Yes, Carl becomes more and more disconnected in the book. Even though he's still a little kid he's seen so much violence it's become normal. As for what's next-POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD....

In the book, they go to a prison next, and we meet THE major villain in the book-the Governor. AMC already announced the Governor will appear next season. Hopefully we will see Michonne(big comic fan favorite)as well.
    But you never know, I'm glad the book and show are not the same. I never know what will happen next.
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

I hope that's not the thing that is supposed to keep us buzzing since everyone has already figured it out by now and it was already shown last week.

yeah me too..especially since they've hinted at it pretty heavily recently...they can't expect that to be a big buzz..
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I heard everybody turns into zombies tonight, and then they all join together to perform a 7 minute dance routine.
    Gunna be awwwwsome!
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    I heard everybody turns into zombies tonight, and then they all join together to perform a 7 minute dance routine.
    Gunna be awwwwsome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-O-skkeu-I
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)